you want to help Skywind but don't know what to do? I have a task for you. It's simple and repeatable. Volunteer now!
This task will enhance Skywind by:
- Reducing occurences of bandits attacking each others and not you ==> IMMERSION! COMBATS!
- See cleared locations on the map ==> EXPLORATION!
- Prepare the first step for radiant quests ==> UNLIMITED CONTENT!
I started a tracker for all the locations: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Arez62fgyoa5dDR....
You can edit it to reserve locations and mark your progress.
For now we will make all the caves/tombs/Dwemer Ruins/Grottos/Mines.
Ignore all those that are related to quests, they might need some special work.
For each Dungeon/Cave, etc:
- check in UESP if the place is overrun by bandits (most of the time all NPCs will be marked aggressive in the page). If it's not, you can go to the next one.
- Open all NPC:
- in tab Faction: add them to factions 9BanditsFaction. => They will be allies to each other and attack you on sight instead of each other [This might not work with your version of the master when you test, but it will work in the next version]
- in AI Data tab: make sure their aggression is set to "Very Aggressive" and their confidence is average/brave/foolhardy. => These are outlaws, not peasant by the nine!
- in Cells (menu world/cells or right click in the cell list), find the interior cell/cells for your cave/dungeon.
check if it has a specific location associated (location with same name, not region location).
if it has a specific location, go to World Data > Location, find the location and open it
Notice that a small rectangular red box has now appeared hovering above the Actors.
Open the exterior cell that is linked to this cell (easiest way is to double click the yellow box in front of the door leading outside)
Edit this cell and set its location setting to the same location as the interior.
Find the map marker (green marker M), edit it go to tab Location Ref Type, set to MapMarkerRefType.
Notice that a small rectangular white box has now appeared hovering above the marker.
Test in-game: when all the NPC marked as boss are dead, the place will be marked as "cleared" on the map.