20 posts / 0 new
Last post
SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Official Development Video

Hello everyone! Happychappy recently suggested producing an official Skywind developer video/commentary. I plan on editing this video once I have all the necessary footage. What I need from all the developers is material I can use, this includes things like 

- Before and After shots of landscapes (including original Morrowind terrain to compare) 

- Progress videos/pictures of weapons, armors, creatures, and more.

- Voice over and interview commentary from developers talking about the project and what they do (With proper introductions and more, try to make it look official if you are going to be in the video)

Pretty much any and all material you want showcased and talked about. Please note that you need to organize it yourself. Don't send me random bits and pictures, I want near completed segments that I can edit together. The easier you make it for me, the better and quicker it will be done. 

If I finished my segment soon, I will upload it as a preview/example.

Please check out this video for an idea of what to expect and submit. It should be VERY close to something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzVReasooII I can handle the extra in game footage, but mostly focus on the material you submit. I want to have this done around the end of December or at the beginning of the new year.

Coordinate with me or Eloth with questions and comments. Let me know what you guys have in mind. Leave comments and suggestions below. This is a team effort and I hope you guys take the time to really be proud and show off all the amazing work you do!

Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 21:50
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Have fun

Have fun

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
Apparently no one is

Apparently no one is interested in doing this... I have started working on the video, so this is a huge shout out to everyone who has worked on this project. IF YOU WANT YOUR WORK FEATURED, SEND IT TO ME AT SquallyDaBeanz@hotmail.com. I'm looking for anything: concept art, landscape work, CK cluttering, models of creatures, musical compositions, etc. The more footage I have the better. Please check my previous post for more details, and message me with any and all questions. Thanks! 

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
I didnt know about this post

I didnt know about this post :p but Im doing something similar atm. Your channel has more Skywind fans so its probably best that you do it anyway.

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
Right, I told you few days

Right, I told you few days ago I'll put it on MediaFire and give you a link, but it wouldn't upload so I gave up. Now it's uploading and in the next 3 hours I should be able to put a link in here.

Ravanna
Ravanna's picture
Contributor
Donor
i sent a few videos to eloth

i sent a few videos to eloth of zbrush work, and I have a poor quality dreugh animation in video too.

eloth
eloth's picture
the link of the dreugh video

the link of the dreugh video is down, so i didnt get the chance to look at it :(

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
I'm just about finished with

I'm just about finished with the video, I will be sending out reminders for last minute footage I need, so check your inboxes. I'm hoping I can finish and publish this tomorrow. Please contact me if you have footage you want featured still. Thanks everyone. 

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
^^^^^ sweeeeet!
^^^^^ sweeeeet!
aretea
aretea's picture
Good video! However, it seems

Good video! However, it seems I am missing from the list.

I am currently working on preparing caves, mines, and tombs for radiant quests and adjusting factions for immersion purposes. I don't know where this will fit, so I just put myself under AI Data.

(link: http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development-fo...)

I sure hope my name is included in next version of the video...

thegreatgamecreator
thegreatgamecreator's picture
I'm working on my segment I

I'm working on my segment I try my best to get it to you by sunday.

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
The first episode is already

The first episode is already published and being uploaded. I can't include everyone and only mentioned a few specific names. I posted about this video almost a month ago, and people only started giving me footage recently. I have to work with footage and material that I have, sorry guys. I will be doing more in the future, as well as possible developer spotlights, so save that footage for next time!  

Dragomir
Dragomir's picture
Contributor
 "Your one of those people" -

"Your one of those people" - should be "You're". Aside from that, really nice work ;)

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
I doubt anyone will read

I doubt anyone will read this, but all well...

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce the first official Skywind Development video! I just want to thank all of those who were cooperative and submitted footage, and to Daniel Hodge for the awesome voice over. This is a huge shout out to all our hard work. Not everyone was featured and I am aware of that, but I had to work with what I got. There will be future videos, so save up that footage for me. Anyways, this is going to be a great year for Skywind, and hopefully with help from everyone reading this, we can spread the word and get more volunteers. So, without further adieu, here is the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJwpaVwOaHM&feature=youtu.be

Be sure to read the description. This video needs to be spread around so the world can see what we've done. This is our best bet to get more support and recognition. 

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
Not going to lie I was a tad
Not going to lie I was a tad disappointed when my little speech didn't make it in and I wasn't mentioned. BUT that all disappeared very quickly great narration Danielhodge! This video is superb! Wonderful job I can't stop watching it! And lets be honest the people who were named and featured have more talent in thier fingernail than I do in my whole body! All this is not just to say how amazing the video is but how amazing this team is! And to encourage everyone to keep up thier great work! I love this project and I love the team!
grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Fantastic, awesome job

Fantastic, awesome job Squally and everyone who posted some footage. Thanks to Daniel Hodge for the smooth as silk narrating.

If you want to post this on a website please include the wording:

------

Morrowind, arguably the best game, of what is arguably the best gaming series of all time, stands as a source of inspiration to a generation of gamers and artists.

To keep the adventure alive, the Morroblivion Team over on http://morroblivion.com is remaking Morrowind in the Skyrim engine, free to anybody who has purchased Morrowind. It has been nicknamed "Skywind" and they are already a couple of years into development. It is one of the most ambitious and best mods made for the Elder Scrolls series to date.

The Morroblivion Team are looking for 3d and 2d artists to join the efforts of their existing talented team of developers. They have been giving Morrowind a major facelift and updating graphics to better reflect this generation of gaming.

With a mindful process of finding out what your forte is, whether it be zbrushing, 3d modelling, texturing, animation, rigging, whatever your skills are, so that you can best produce work to show off your skills.
The team is dedicated to getting artist inspired creations into the game, so if you're one of those people who is good at modeling, but lacks the knowledge or motivation to get things into a game, then they are a great place to get a portfolio from concept to in game examples. They will even make videos for you of what your contributions are.

They are also looking for anybody with modding experience, whether it be world editing landscapes or knowledge of game mechanics, you'll be able to help.

[EMBED OR LINK to DEVELOPMENT VIDEO] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJwpaVwOaHM&feature=youtu.be

If you want to help the project in anyway please visit the website and leave a post on the following thread http://morroblivion.com/wanting-to-help and one of their team members will contact you.

------

ArchieVision
ArchieVision's picture
Dragomir wrote:  "Your one of

Dragomir wrote:

"Your one of those people" - should be "You're". Aside from that, really nice work ;)

Grammar Nazi!!!!!! ;)

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Well no, not really, we want

Well no, not really, we want to appear professional though :)

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
By "Your one of those people"

By "Your one of those people" I thought he was talking about the fact that I was black. I better call off my homies, they were on their way around to Dragomir house for a bit of a shake up.

TERAB1T
TERAB1T's picture
And the Russian version is

And the Russian version is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxBp8bt9TfY