8 posts / 0 new
Last post
tehmuffinmon
tehmuffinmon's picture
Oblivion Nirnroot in Skyrim? Please help.

As mentioned in my previous thread (right below this one), I followed the Skyblivion installation instructions to a fault, and that included downloading the nirnroot replacers. However, right now, I'm not having the best of luck - my Skyrim nirnroots have been replaced by their Oblivion counterparts, and they immediately crash my game when I look at them. It makes me afraid to go out exploring.

I really can't think of what to do about this. I thought perhaps if I browsed through my brother's Skyrim data folder on his PC, I could  find the original Skyrim nirnroot meshes/textures, copy them to my folder, and delete the other ones, but when I looked, I couldn't seem to find anything Nirnroot-related in the original data folders? Is that normal? Is it named something different? I really have no idea. 

I don't know where else to ask, and I figured maybe someone else would have experience with this issue. As far as I could tell, the nirnroot replaces were supposed to effectively replace the nirnroots in Cyrodiil with the Skyrim ones, correct? I figure maybe uninstalling/reinstalling Skyrim would probably fix it, but considering the nirnroot issue is the only thing that consistently crashes my game, I'd really prefer not to have to reinstall if possible. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Hm, well the nirnroot's

Hm, well the nirnroot's directory is Meshes / Obliviskyrim / Flora / nirnroot01.nif

Have you tried just removing the nirnroot file? Removing the nirnroot from your data folder, will have Skyrim use the one from your Skyrim.bsa.

tehmuffinmon
tehmuffinmon's picture
Yes, I tried that.  Hmm.

Yes, I tried that. 

Hmm. Maybe if I unpacked the contents of the Skyrim BSA to a temporary folder, I could find the nirnroot file and manually add it back? 

Also, it just dawned on me; not sure if this is terribly important or not, but I never created an Obliviskyrim sub-folder when I imported the meshes + textures. I just followed the installation guide completely, and as far as I can remember, it made no mention of creating sub-folders. I simply deleted the files that were mentioned to conflict with existing files and copied the Oblivion ones into my data directory with no conflicts.  

Mehh
Mehh's picture
You tried searching for

You tried searching for "nirnroot" in your mesh folder and deleting it?

tehmuffinmon
tehmuffinmon's picture
Yes. I just double-checked to

Yes. I just double-checked to make sure - no nirnroot in my mesh folder. I deleted the replacement meshes I had downloaded from here when I first started experiencing the crashes, but it didn't change anything. Since I ran out of ideas, I also tried downloading a couple mods that changed the property of nirnroot - i.e, stopped it from humming and reduced the glow radius. I thought maybe that would do something, and it did (no humming), but the nirnroot is still the one out of Oblivion.

Samdowd14
Samdowd14's picture
I am having this problem as

I am having this problem as well. Also the nirnroot from oblivion is causing my game to crash. I even uninstalled skyblivion and deleted the oblivion nirnroot mesh. It still shows up in skyrim and still crashes my game. 

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
Just a thought - prior to

Just a thought - prior to skyrim, etc. weren't nirn's supposed to be wickedly hard to find - like a unique. Maybe that is making it actt up when we try to work it into a game where nirn's are  common?>Just a thought -

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I hope this was a joke

I hope this was a joke :)