6 posts / 0 new
Last post
tehmuffinmon
tehmuffinmon's picture
Can't get this to run whatsoever. : /

I was extremely excited when I found out about Skyblivion. I followed these instructions perfectly, and afterwards, stumbled across the Cyrodiil 201 thread. I just as excitedly downloaded the available plugins. I started up Skyrim after installing and activating the plugins, minus the model, armor, and weapon replacers, and placing all the C201 mods at the bottom of my load order, in the exact same order listed in the thread (starting with the borders and landscape and ending with configuration), but I was met with some less than awesome results. 

I entered through the pale pass gate, and while it seemed like it might have worked, things were...off.

I should mention that a while back, I subscribed to a few mods off the steam workshop under the moniker 'explore tamriel'. I stopped using them because they were in a largely unfinished, unstable build. When I entered Cyrodiil through the pale pass, I was met with almost the same exact image as when I was using explore tamriel. Which somehow didn't seem right at all. 

So, I explored around for a bit, opened my map to see what it looked like. It also bore a striking (and by that I mean, from what I can remember, identical) resemblance to the map I saw when using explore tamriel. Which also seemed a bit odd. I'm not sure what the proper map is supposed to look like, but I'll post screenshots for clarification. I couldn't scroll down, either, only zoom out and in. 

Anyway, I closed out of the map and wondered around for a bit, doing my best to ignore the horrendous draw distance, and I stumbled across some odd, missing textures. Or possibly meshes? They were red and transparent, in any case. Once again, I'll supply screenshots for clarification. 

I walked towards Bruma and stumbled across a relatively large gathering of missing textures/meshes, all situated around the same spot. Venturing too close immediately crashed my game to desktop, as did trying to move past the missing objects in any direction. There was simply no way to advance. I tried fast traveling a few times, too. Immediate CTD. 

I also tried the console command 'Cow And_Tamriel 3 15' to transport to the imperial city, and was met with another immediate CTD. 

Just to be sure, I went into the Skyrim launcher and deleted explore tamriel parts 1 and 2. I didn't have them active, so I figured there would be no conflict, but I wanted to cover all the bases I could think of. Tried again and was met with the same results. 

What am I doing wrong? Maybe I'm missing something really obvious. Maybe I made some really simple mistake. Maybe the number of mods I have active is simply too damn high. But in any case, help would be appreciated. I'll attach images to further shed light on my issues. 

AttachmentSize
Image icon loadorder.jpg57.84 KB
Image icon map.jpg168.03 KB
Image icon wut.jpg399.68 KB
Image icon mysterious x.jpg350.8 KB
Image icon vomitinducingviewdistance.jpg616.24 KB
Image icon imminentCTD.jpg344.97 KB
zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
So what is the problem? You

So what is the problem?

You downloaded an unfinished mod and it "didn't seem right at all"?

tehmuffinmon
tehmuffinmon's picture
No.  I understand perfectly

No. 

I understand perfectly well that the mod is unfinished. But I've seen the screenshots posted, and I'm 99% I'm doing something wrong, or missing something, because what I'm seeing on my screen doesn't reflect the same results others have gotten through the very same mod. 

tehmuffinmon
tehmuffinmon's picture
Just to add on to my original

Just to add on to my original post - I tried loading a clean save and was met with the same results. I also re-tried cow tamriel 315, and while I didn't end up with a CTD this time, I was instead teleported to a mountain just above the hall of the vigilants in Skyrim. 

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Screen shots you see is

Screen shots you see is because people don't usually post the bits that have red boxes. These indicate things that are not part of the install yet or probably stuff that you are missing. I'm sure there are many. My suggestion is come back in a years time. You might be satisfied then. I wouldn't't push for anything at the moment, its not even really an alpha yet. Just a proof of concept.

tehmuffinmon
tehmuffinmon's picture
Ah, I see. I just thought

Ah, I see. I just thought perhaps my previous install of the 'explore tamriel' mod was conflicting with it. That, and I can't fast travel in Cyrodiil without a CTD. Ah well. Thanks for the response. :D