16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Smi1e
Smi1e's picture
OOO for Skyblivion?

Hi, I am really excited about the creation of Skyblivion but I have a few worries. I personally consider Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul to be an essential mod for Oblivion (as well as Unique Landscapes and Better Cities), and I would truly miss it in Skyblivion. So that brings me to my question, is the Skyblivion team working on implementing additional content (or maybe even OOO with permission)?

Thanks, and hopefully this isn't in the wrong forums.

- Smi1e

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Skyblivion is completely

Skyblivion is completely vanilla. Skyblivion even shares the same form numbers as Oblivion, which means that some mods can indeed be ported over. That was pretty much done on purpose with mods in mind.

Smi1e
Smi1e's picture
Do you know if OOO could be

Do you know if OOO could be ported? And would it require permission of some sort if it is possible? Also, thanks for the quick response.

seldalore
seldalore's picture
I agree with you, but doesn't

I agree with you, but doesn't OOO require OBSE? If so, that would prove impossible. OOO's changes are amazing though, most notably the changes to the loot lists. Bandits roaming about with the equipment quality of nobility is just plain destructive to immersion and OOO remedies this.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
There are far better and

There are far better and smaller mods that change leveled lists if you are interested in this feature only. And they can be ported to Skyblivion in less than 5 minutes.

However this is not the time to discuss other mods while Skyblivion is under heavy development itself. But as a general answer - yes, around 90% of mods from oblivion nexus TECHNICALLY can be used with Skyblivion including the popular ones like UL.

But "technically" doesn't mean it'll be done. Original authors might be absolutely against this idea for example. The only mods that are planned to be converted are DLCs, but that's it for now.

Vancatu
Vancatu's picture
zilav wrote:There are far

zilav wrote:

There are far better and smaller mods that change leveled lists if you are interested in this feature only. And they can be ported to Skyblivion in less than 5 minutes.

However this is not the time to discuss other mods while Skyblivion is under heavy development itself. But as a general answer - yes, around 90% of mods from oblivion nexus TECHNICALLY can be used with Skyblivion including the popular ones like UL.

Then it would be great if the Sauron armor mod could be ported over to Skyblivion.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Vancatu wrote: zilav

Vancatu wrote:

zilav wrote:

Then it would be great if the Sauron armor mod could be ported over to Skyblivion.

omg... no... leave that to people who want to make a mod for a mod.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
The core team will not work

The core team will not work on Oblivion mods but we certainly embrace optional mods for our work.

You like a mod and want it adapted, you want to create a specific mod, you want to change something we did and we're not planning to change, please post your mod in the forums (same is true for Skywind).

Orgaya
Orgaya's picture
It would be interesting if

It would be interesting if when Skyblivion (and Skywind) became so fully developed that an entire modding community came out of it and instead of having to port mods over, mods would be made for it.  Including new mods.  It would also be interesting if someone made a mod that converted Skyblivion to be Cyrodiil as it is in the fourth era.

Vivec
Vivec's picture
Orgaya wrote: It would be

Orgaya wrote:

It would be interesting if when Skyblivion (and Skywind) became so fully developed that an entire modding community came out of it and instead of having to port mods over, mods would be made for it.  Including new mods.  It would also be interesting if someone made a mod that converted Skyblivion to be Cyrodiil as it is in the fourth era.

Go to Dark Creations for 4E Cyrodiil. The point of Skyblivion is to let people play Oblivion on Skyrim's superior engine with dual wielding and all the cool stuff Skyrim added.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
What, Vivec said. Exactly

What, Vivec said. Exactly that.

Zack3615577
Zack3615577's picture
i alonee need my mods in

i alonee need my mods in skyrim to even touch the game oblivion is much better and could be good even in vannila but skyblivion looks exactly like oblivion with no diffrent in coding or questline diffrence so its kinda like

Apav
Apav's picture
LASentry wrote: What, Vivec

LASentry wrote:

What, Vivec said. Exactly that.

Vivec knows best! Sort of. :p

Sslaxx
Sslaxx's picture
Out of curiosity, how is

Out of curiosity, how is levelling planned on working?

no1
no1's picture
Sslaxx wrote: Out of

Sslaxx wrote:

Out of curiosity, how is levelling planned on working?

same as skyrim i think the conferting the land armor qeust and stuf not the leveling and perks 

on a other note i started replaying oblivion after that i am gone play morroblivion

but i am looking for a few good mods that inprove texture for origenal oblivion dont need new monsters new qeusts ore a improved way of playing oblivion  just want it looking beter lookt around a bit already but stil not sure any 1 that nows a few good mods

Orgaya
Orgaya's picture
Oh!  I didn't realize there

Oh!  I didn't realize there was such a thing.  Thank you for informing me, and sorry!