SupremeEpicness's picture
Skyblivion Climate, imagespace, weather and water correction 0.61

I've been working on fixing how skyblivion looks and I wanted some feed back

Colovian Highlands:

Gold Coast:

Heartlands:

Note: I made this area warmer by changing the tint from blue to orange

Jerral Mountains:

Note: This area is colder because the tint is a greyish blue.

West Weald:

Note: this area has more Bloom and more Blur.

Great forest:

Note: more of a green tint along with high contrast between shade and sunlight

The Nibenay:

Black wood:

Fog:

Overcast:

Rain:

Camoran's Paradise:Note: extra blur effect. look at the second arch

Deadlands:

Water:

Shivering Ilses:

I know you're just looking at pictures but so far what's your favorite region?

okay version 0.5 is 8x larger then version 0.4

V 0.6 is out it fixes a couple bugs pointed out to me by Zilav and lowers saturation and blur. It also edits water.

V0.61 fixed a couple issues concerning contrast and brightness

Edited by: SupremeEpicness on 10/19/2013 - 18:09
grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
I didn't play oblivion, so

I didn't play oblivion, so cant really comment, but I'm finding with skywind that imagespaces can be regional as well. Did oblivion exteriors have different environmental atmospheres? Maybe Shivering Isles was quite different.

SupremeEpicness
I have the image space tagged

I have the image space tagged to weather and weather tagged to regions. I'm fairly sure oblivion had multiple image space in the "tamriel" world, but I can't really say( I never made mods for it myself). 

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Dude that looks so awesome, I

Dude that looks so awesome, I really like the first screenshot! This is a bug with Skywind as well, but how come you can see a weird sharp outline of the clouds?

GrimWeeder
GrimWeeder's picture
in my opinion I would say the

in my opinion I would say the 1.5 saturation is better 2.0 looks too saturated oblivion the way i remember it has a greenish bluish tint to it like turquois or something but so far this looks pretty good keep up the good work 

SupremeEpicness
@LASentry: The sky textures

@LASentry: The sky textures don't match the horizon textures.

@GrimWeeder:I agree though I can't seem to make the sky any less green so... yeah I'll have to stick to leaving it blue for the time being.

It will soon be ready for release

What need to be done: 

Jerral/Valus mountain imagespaces

Weather correction for Blackwood and Jerral mountains

Edit: Fix Blackwood Weather, Jerral mountain will take longer because I have to make new imagespace and weathers from scratch not just rearrange chances.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Well you don't want to change

Well you don't want to change things ridiculously, you just want it to look like oblivion. You should use some reference screen shots from the same area.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Double post... weird. Anyway,

Double post... weird. Anyway, this is Oblivion, completely vanilla but with .ini tweaks.

SupremeEpicness
You like... unchanged 0_0.

You like... unchanged 0_0. unchanged is way to bright. It uses default everything which makes it very difficult to see shadows. The textures in skyblivion are also never meant to be used with such a unrealistically bright image space. I put up the unchanged as a reference to what it looks like before any weather or imagespace were changed (simply put, that is how your skyblivion install should looks). I just reinstalled skyblivion so not all the surface textures are not there ye,t so I couldn't really show off how it looks other then trees. if you could see ground level object you would instantly notice that they are blindingly bright. either way you don't have to use this upcoming patch if you don't want to. It'll probably be several month before anyone bothers merging thing to the master.

Unchanged:

Oblivion:

No tweaks by me or anyone else.

Edit: finished all the weather and imagespace data just doing last minute tweaks and checks. upload coming shortly :)

Edit2: file uploaded to main post.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
I was focusing on colour of

I was focusing on colour of sky :P

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
What about just using all the

What about just using all the weather settings from Oblivion.esm? Weathers are different in games, but some values like colors can be used I think.

Also avoid high saturation, overexposure causes black spots in Skyrim. You can see it when comparing screenshots from Oblivion where every pixel is visible unlike Skyrim ones with completely blackened areas.

I also don't see contrast settings in your post for some reason, only brightness. There are also HDR White and Eye adapt strength values that affect image a lot.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Yeah, hmm... minimal eye

Yeah, hmm... minimal eye adaptation would be best so you can keep the colour more consistent, but I don't really know how it works. I used to use a mod called SlyrimSDR which took all that out as I found it annoying.

SupremeEpicness
@LASentry yeah I had a bit of

@LASentry yeah I had a bit of trouble with sky color and the color of everything else. as you can see the sky looks the same whether I use 1.5 saturation or 2.0

@zilav: I don't thing I change some of the other settings "that" much. Example:

Skyrim                                               Skyblivion

contrast                      1.25                                                      1.2

Saturation                   1.0                                      1.4(last minute change)

Most other thing like eye adapt I didn't bother to change. For the most part I focused on weather and only made slight changes to the image space to make it look more like oblivion and less bright. 

The weather should be similar to Oblivion for the most part

I split the clear weather into "Clear" and "Clear Windy" (clear windy has small particle blowing in the wind) the chance is also split; Oblivion clear chance was 35%. My version is 20% Clear, 15% clear windy (20+15=35)

@LASentry again: I didn't know really how eye adaption works so I left it the same.

Edit: added a new weather type to cyrodiil as well as imagespaces. 40% chance that there will be clouds in the sky but you still be able to see the sun. It also adds a bit of blur around 65-100 ILUs(Imaginary Leghth Units) away (similar to an enb) It will only appear in in the following regions: Gold coast, Colovian highlands, the entire niben(valley/basin) great forest, and the heartlands.

Before and After:

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Hmm... here is a picture of

Hmm... here is a picture of oblivion's sky:

SupremeEpicness
Version 0.3 coming soon it

Version 0.3 coming soon it will include the Oblivion world space (complete with image space, weather and climate).

Before:

After:

edit: Version 0.3 is released, included in the .rar is the main .esp and the sky textures I used

Gregthegen
Gregthegen's picture
This may sound odd but I

This may sound odd but I loved dagons' worldspace weather! Thanks for bringing it back :) Though while I personally prefer skyrims' more realistic imagespaces for non-oblivion areas, I am hoping that this mod that your making will be an optional addition when skyblivion is installed for people like my friend joey, who preferrs the origional cyrodil imagespace design.

SupremeEpicness
I'll eventually make multiple

I'll eventually make multiple versions of the Cyrodiil image space for those who don't like the original version I made. But for now you'll have to live with this one. Imo skyrim was unrealistically bright, it gave it a cold frozen waste land feel. Even the textures are closer to the grey side then skyblivion ones. Skyblivion has an issue with this because the textures were made to look completely different in a different image space

BEFORE any weather/imagespace moding

seems a tad bit to bright to be realistic (imo)

Gregthegen
Gregthegen's picture
You misunderstand, your

You misunderstand, your revamp looks great and I look forward to seeing it's final release, just also excited for the optional imagespace plugins as well as it will leave it up to user preferance. Any work being done on skyblivion is a good thing, especially those that improve it's feel like this one does.

Keep up the good work!

SupremeEpicness
First off the is 1000th post

First off the is 1000th post in skyblivion mod releases

secondly version 1.4 is out. Unlike before this should not make LODs (when cloudy) look like your character is high. It also make waters better and fixes some pre mentioned bugs.

edit: I finally figured out of lava works in the dawnguard dlc. it's a mesh 1 unit above lava water.

Progress on the Oblivion realms:

REAL LAVA!!!!

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
looking great bro, any fps

looking great bro, any fps loss though?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Looks hot in both meanings

Looks hot in both meanings :)

Thank you for working on Skyblivion. Together with Ormin's additions and fixes 0.2 will me a major release.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
What's Ormin been doing?

What's Ormin been doing?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Everything else what is not

Everything else what is not in 0.1 :)

no1
no1's picture
nice cant wait till the day

nice cant wait till the day that oblivion is conferted and adjusted that i can play it  its looking very good

Apav
Apav's picture
Where did all the bloom

Where did all the bloom effect go? The White Gold Tower in my game looks like the first picture you took of it. The colors have changed (so I know the mod is working), but I don't notice any bloom. Did you change your mind about it? I think a cross between your second and third pictures of the white gold tower would look perfect. 

Oblivion was all about that vivid, bloomy feel. Looks a lot better now imo, great work so far :)

SupremeEpicness
Apav wrote: Where did all the

Apav wrote:

Where did all the bloom effect go? The White Gold Tower in my game looks like the first picture you took of it. The colors have changed (so I know the mod is working), but I don't notice any bloom. Did you change your mind about it? I think a cross between your second and third pictures of the white gold tower would look perfect. 

Oblivion was all about that vivid, bloomy feel. Looks a lot better now imo, great work so far :)

The white gold tower pictures are from version 0.3 (i'm making 0.5 now)

It's less bloom then oblivion but more then skyrim

version 0.5 will include: more weather types, real lava, additional image spaces based on the regions and several bug fixes  and tweaks.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Sadly I don't have Skyblivion

Sadly I don't have Skyblivion installed atm, but still excited for updates and new screenshots :)

SupremeEpicness
I dislocated my shoulder a

I dislocated my shoulder a couple days ago so work has been going a bit slower then my normal speed. Hopefully I can get version 0.5 in a couple days.

Apav
Apav's picture
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully we'll see more of this soon. What is the console command to teleport to an Oblivion realm? Any one will do.

Btw how is your other project coming along?

SupremeEpicness
The console command for an

The console command for an oblivion realm should be:

cow TES4OblivionRD001 0 0

Note: I haven't used this yet so it may or may not work and lava is not in version 0.4

Image shack finally worked long enough for me to upload the recent work done on the Jerral\Valus region image spaces.

Version 0.4

Version 0.5 

-increased brightness

-increase grey tint

-decreased saturation

Edit: pictures are a bit darker then they really are in game.

Unchanged:

Version 0.4:

Version 0.5 

I took some advise from zilav in a dev chat and changed the tint to a warmer color.

Extra warm:

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Dude, looks great!

Dude, looks great!

SupremeEpicness
Version 0.5 will include

Version 0.5 will include Camoran's Paradise:

Oblivion:

Unchanged:

Version 0.5:Night:

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Now that. Is cool.

Now that. Is cool.

SupremeEpicness
Camoran's

Camoran's paradise:

Before:

After:

Notice the blur effect not present in the original.

even better example of blur effect: 

Shivering Ilses will be in version 0.5 aswell

Current progress:

Before:

After:

I'm doing mania right now because I know it's harder then dementia. Imo it's harder to get the colors right on clear weather, where as I can just make a greenish fog for dementia and lower the saturation. (rather then reinvent the wheel with mania's climate)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I like that coloful cartoon

I like that coloful cartoon feeling of original Oblivion giving a fantasy mood, will gladly merge it in master file :)

Just don't overdo with tint, for example a lot of yellow tint in Oblivion graphics engine looked excellent, but Skyrim can probably need less for proper feeling. Up to you to decide.

People who prefer Skyrim's desaturated gray mood can make optional plugin for Skyblivion later.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Hey Supreme, maybe in

Hey Supreme, maybe in paradise, it could be tinted slightly less blue than what it is... needs to be a bit more neutral if you know what I mean :)

SupremeEpicness
@LASentry: I think the blue

@LASentry: I think the blue fog and blue tint is what over did.

@zilav I know what you mean i actually removed all yellow tint from the image space and replaced it with blue(to balance it) in the picture  above. The yellow come purely from the "near fog" effect. Even still, the yellow is powerful

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Yeah I mean LESS blue Any

Yeah I mean LESS blue :P Any performance difference with this?

SupremeEpicness
@LASentry: i know what you

@LASentry: i know what you mean. i was talking to zilav about the blue stuff mania's image space has a blue tint to balance out the yellow fog effect. Paradise has both a blue tint and blue fog, which as a said before may have over done the blue-ness.

Anyway I'm having a bit of trouble with mania.

As you can see it has a purple night sky. This works because in oblivion you can set different sky textures to different times of day. As far as I, know you can't do that in skyrim. the closest thing is the aurora effect. But that uses meshes, not textures. Anyway, I have no idea how to make a working aurora mesh, so until one is made that has the textures of the old Shivering Ilses, this is the best i could come up with:

That's sovngarde's aurora (and a few extra clouds) btw. I might be able to change the color...maybe.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
If you can tint it to be more

If you can tint it to be more purple, it'll look different but in my opinion better than in Oblivion.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Your aurora sky looks better

Your aurora sky looks better than Oblivion sky.

Skyblivion should be identical to Oblivion records wise for future mod conversions, but visually it can differ as you see fit.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
I agree, to be honest we

I agree, to be honest we don't want a conversion of Oblivion... We want a revamp :D

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
We are nearing 0.2 release,

We are nearing 0.2 release, and I'd like to include this mod too. Can you please finish it at least partially? Right now the 0.4 version I tried only changes like 3 cells, and does that wrong using direct cell assignment instead of regional weather.

SupremeEpicness
I've been traveling alot so

I've been traveling alot so it's been a bit hard to squeeze in time for work. As of right now the only thing left to do is:

Gold coast(less blue)

Colovian highland(less....cartoony)

Same image space and weather as in the above picture btw

West weald(actually already finished, just need to tag the weather/image spaces to the regions)EDIT: finished west weald 

dementia (eh... I really need going of this one.)

Sorry for slowing around, I've just been busy with other stuff. 

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Np, we don't have any

Np, we don't have any deadlines :)

If you don't have time now, maybe you can upload the current version to merge, and later just continue improvements based on a new esm.

I also hope you fixed weather assignments, since in 0.4 version as I said new weathers are set only for 3 cells outside IC, and climate record is not assigned to TES4Tamriel worldspace at all for some reason (but directly assigned to those 3 cells). Kinda weird. I can fix those issues myself if you wish.

SupremeEpicness
I'm not sure why i just put

I'm not sure why i just put the weather in 0.4 on to just 3 cells and I'm also not sure how much work I've between 0.4 and 0.5.

Anyway I just fixed: the climate thing you talked about, west weald and the colovian highlands.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Now just need to do the gold coast and dementia.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Really nice! Are those GKB

Really nice! :)

Are those GKB trees from anthelius trees plugin (I'm not sure)?

SupremeEpicness
Yep, they're from Anthelius'

Yep, they're from Anthelius' tree plugin. I also had his grass plugin on. When I took this picture

Just a question though, do you know how to make the lod appear in the creation kit. I need to see because blur effects become more powerful with distance. I want to make sure I don't get crazy powerful blur in game.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Lod is in

Lod is in SkyblivionBeauty.bsa loaded by the same name esp file. Try to rename it to Skyblivion.bsa (so Skyblivion.esm will load it) or just unpack.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
amazing work just

amazing work :o just breathtaking :'} soooo damn beautifull 
do we know if anyone is working on a fix for the crashes in skyblivion?

just random question :p

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
All I can say about that is

All I can say about that is that it’s being looked at.

Pages