10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mishka
Mishka's picture
Skyblivion Weather Data converstion

I wanted to post to get some feedback on a little mod I am working on. I decided that I wanted to at least try to convert the Weather and Climate data (manually, to the best of the CK's ability, as some features are missing and new ones were added) and apply them into the newest Skybivion master file. I have attached three in-game pictures of the main Tamerial space loaded with the clear weather data.

Should I continue to add the rest or do you all think this is a waste of time? I know the new Master is a bit more stable then the last one but I don't know if this new one will be the last one we use.

Any and all feed back would be greatly appreciated! 

1st picture is around sunset.

2nd is around noon.

3rd is around sunrise.

AttachmentSize
Image icon 2013-06-07_00009.jpg153.9 KB
Image icon 2013-06-07_00003.jpg92.03 KB
Image icon 2013-06-07_00019.jpg79.9 KB
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
The images have lots of

The images have lots of diffusion, any idea why?

Mishka
Mishka's picture
I have a mod that adds DOF

I have a mod that adds DOF ^.^

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
Remove that blur!

Remove that blur!

Esaul
Esaul's picture
Distsnt lods looks like from

Distsnt lods looks like from old version.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Still looks cold and

Still looks cold and desaturated. Oblivion needs a warmer feeling with red/yellow tint and more saturation.

Mishka
Mishka's picture
Sjors Boomschors

Sjors Boomschors wrote:

Remove that blur!

I will try to find which mod it is, disable it and reupload some pictures, if you wish to see a non-realistic rendition of how we perceive distance. 

Esaul wrote:

Distsnt lods looks like from old version.

I wasn't aware there was a new master out or anything. The page doesn't say that it was updated at all. Maybe I am missing a plugin that has newer LOD?

zilav wrote:

Still looks cold and desaturated. Oblivion needs a warmer feeling with red/yellow tint and more saturation.

I am not exactly sure how to do that via the CK. I have a mod that allows me to increase bloom, tint and saturation in game using the game's engine so there is no performance hit, but it applies to the entire game. Not very helpful for people who want Skryim looking cold.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Visual settings are defined

Visual settings are defined in imagespaces, that are used in weathers. Skyblivion needs it's own imagespaces, weathers and climate.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
You should use the same

You should use the same settings as climate of tamriel or make a compatibility patch for it, It makes skyblivon look much closer to tes4 (except the dof blur).

Mishka
Mishka's picture
zilav wrote: Visual settings

zilav wrote:

Visual settings are defined in imagespaces, that are used in weathers. Skyblivion needs it's own imagespaces, weathers and climate.

That is where I am a bit lost, I can't find any imagespace section to the CK little less be able to place it. I was manually adding in all the weather and climate data from oblivion into new weather and climate packages in the CK. But all the weather package does is create the sky colour pallet (hence why the sky is orange in the morning). Would you know of a tutorial that tells me how to make imagespaces in the CK? I have done light research before but navigating their website to find tutorials seems to be fruitless.

anthelius wrote:

You should use the same settings as climate of tamriel or make a compatibility patch for it, It makes skyblivon look much closer to tes4 (except the dof blur).

The DOF blur is from another mod I have added. It will not affect the mod I am creating that injects the weather and climate data from oblivion.  I don't think I am familiar with that mod. I am using the actual data from the construction kit in Oblivion to try to recreate it *exactly* in the Skyrim CK so we don't have to use a 3rd party mod like climate of tamriel to emulate it. Plus don't know a thing about making compatibility patches or the like. My knowledge of the CK thus far is just from mucking about and thus pretty limited.