9 posts / 0 new
Last post
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Oblivion Dragon Armor

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=140546...

if this gets deleted then know that the developer is lagrie

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
Since it's just converted

Since it's just converted armor, it's essentially useless to the project. We have people who can convert Oblivion armor, but we shouldn't convert stuff for reasons of quality and trying to not piss off Bethesda with intergame imports.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Nebbie wrote: Since it's just

Nebbie wrote:

Since it's just converted armor, it's essentially useless to the project. We have people who can convert Oblivion armor, but we shouldn't convert stuff for reasons of quality and trying to not piss off Bethesda with intergame imports.

That means the whole project can go to trash...

And the quality of oblivion armor is fine compared to skyrim.

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
Vanilla non-high-res-DLC

Vanilla non-high-res-DLC Skyrim, perhaps (and even then Skyrim does have some major improvements over Oblivion in terms of style and model quality in armor), but it doesn't hold up at all to a good armor remodel/retexture.

Landscape and sound are only converted because that's pretty much required. Everything that can be feasibly replaced without wrecking the schedule for something else, should be. Not only because that's one less item on Bethesda's big list of why Morroblivion and its accompanying projects are on their naughty list, but also because if we make our own model, we can probably recycle it for the next project and thus keep it off Bethesda's big list (with the added benefit that it's only one game out of date instead of two, and we can modify it to update it so it even ends up being up to date quality-wise).

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
I think it should be used.

I think it should be used. The mesh for the dragon armor is the same as the guard armor and royal guard armor so basically, this makes the meshes for 3 armor sets finished which is a little more than a months work that doesn't have to be done.

Nebbie, you don't seem to understand the process of making a mod. It takes a long time. They don't appear out of nowhere and there aren't even a lot of people working on Skywind, rather Skyblivion. We can't divas when it comes to resources.

Nebbie
Nebbie's picture
I know damn well how long it

I know damn well how long it takes, that's the bit about feasibility and not taking away from other scheduled projects.

This is a late-game set of armor for a project that's nowhere near getting the main quest started. At best, this will be a temporary placeholder in the event we get to that point before the modelers working on Skywind move on to Skyblivion stuff. And if we use it, it will look very out of place unless we also use a lot of other converted Oblivion armors (and as for something that looks less out of place, there's an armor retexture released as a modder's resource we could use: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=17587 )

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Nebbie is absolutely right.

Nebbie is absolutely right. Its going to look out of place unless you keep a trend of having all/most of the armours converted from Oblivion.

This has been from experience in trying to convert the armours from Morroblivion to Skywind...they need a lot of work to look good.

My recommendation if you are going convert Oblivion armours, is to seek out modder resources instead of using the vanilla sets. I'm sure somebody would have redone most of the armours. Its one less thing you have to worry about when it comes to porting Bethesda assets.

GendunDrup
GendunDrup's picture
happychappy wrote: Nebbie is

happychappy wrote:

Nebbie is absolutely right. Its going to look out of place unless you keep a trend of having all/most of the armours converted from Oblivion.

This has been from experience in trying to convert the armours from Morroblivion to Skywind...they need a lot of work to look good.

My recommendation if you are going convert Oblivion armours, is to seek out modder resources instead of using the vanilla sets. I'm sure somebody would have redone most of the armours. Its one less thing you have to worry about when it comes to porting Bethesda assets.

Shit, didn't realize this was just stolen from beth. Sorry nebs

Isabel Dove
Isabel Dove's picture
For me, this is just a waste

For me, this is just a waste of time. If you can regulate another piece then that would be better. I can help you also as I finish processing pacquiao vs rios tickets to get prepared for distribution. I will be back to give another update and guide you what to do to benefit everybody.