15 posts / 0 new
Last post
SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
Skyblvion Corrected Music and Locations beta 0.3.0.0

Hmm... I wasn't sure about all the music situation of Skyblivion, so I converted the Oblivion Music to the .wav format and made a simple esp to contain the music. It won't play in game because the region and location data has yet to be finalized and I wasn't sure if I should program the location data by region, cell or near by areas. So... yeah, it it won't play in game yet, but it's not that hard to get it to play in game (but it would be time consuming).

Here's the music in WAV. format (you can listen to it out of game or play it in the background while you play):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6duaKBjtnHSTU90ZkhSY0dnSU0/...

Update:

Here's the esp. You must download this in order for the corrected music to play: 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6duaKBjtnHSNlNvcnRyNTYzWkU/...

For modders: Each region, city and dungeon type has it's own play list  making it easier to edit stuff. Exapmle: If I edit the ayleid ruin play list, all aylied ruins will play that music instead of just the one dungeon or every dungeon. all Exterior cells should now have the corrected music (A-Z) and all interiors should play music as well.

edit: this also add location data which might be useful for other things as well.

Edited by: SupremeEpicness on 04/04/2013 - 09:47
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Thanks man

That's cool, although I don't think you're allowed to share it due to copyright issues. We need to do it ourselves but you can still share the esp, just not the music files.

SupremeEpicness
LASentry wrote: That's cool,

LASentry wrote:

That's cool, although I don't think you're allowed to share it due to copyright issues. We need to do it ourselves but you can still share the esp, just not the music files.

It doesn't matter, I mean really, we converted nearly all of Oblivion's meshes and directly used it's textures for Skyblivion, but converting the music was a step to far and it's the straw that broke the camels back, and forced bethseda to sue. Converting the music to wav violated everything bethesda stands for...Yep

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Oh ok

So I guess you just have to own a copy of both games then :P

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Skyblivion.esm has exactly

Skyblivion.esm has exactly the same regions as Oblivion.esm, even their FormIDs are the same. Would be nice if you can create a locations esp based on regions, I'll merge it in master file. This will come handy for music now, and quests/dialogs/AI later.

SupremeEpicness
@Zilav: Gotcha, I'll make

@Zilav: Gotcha, I'll make some location reprogramming stuff. I make it so every dungeon and cave and what not has a unique location.

Edit: links Removed

^It didn't matter. Skyrim music will already play in Cyrodiil, and the only other use for it, is location data based quests and honestly, I don't think skyblivion will get that far.

Suade
Suade's picture
I just requested acess if

I just requested access if that's okay :) 

SupremeEpicness
Oh, that was you. I was

Oh, that was you. I was afraid some one random person was doing that. Anyway, I'll give you permission but it should be noted that I update the file with out much notice (or even mentioning it here on the forums). If you have plans to use it, I would recommend waiting until it is more complete.

Drathian
Drathian's picture
Hey I'm not random lol,

Hey I'm not random lol, although I am not very talkative.

Why did you lock the files for anyways, just curious?

SupremeEpicness
It was my first time using

It was my first time using Docs.google, I wasn't entirely sure how it works. It should be downloadable now.

Drathian
Drathian's picture
Yeah you fixed it.  I've been

Yeah you fixed it.

I've been working on a project for the oldtime morrowind, I really should consider transfering my skills here.

I follow up with this site regularly but haven't found much to add yet.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Are you going to update

Are you going to update locations in near future, or they are final and I can merge them into Skyblivion.esm?

SupremeEpicness
@Zilav I just uploaded a new

@Zilav I just uploaded a new file like an hour ago, so yes I do plan to update the locations in the near future (in fact I Just loaded up the creation kit to do so right now) I wanted to detail the location data some more, so if I were you I would wait a little bit. 

Edit: It's taking a bit longer then usual because I'm splitting my modding time between this and another mod that retextures some other stuff as a modder resource for Skyblivion.

Edit: I just updated it again. Version: Beta 0.3.0.0 now includes all exterior cells with proper music and location data. Interiors will play regular tavern music.Yada yada, The dungeon discover music will play when you approach a dungeon... so on and so on like that. The regions should also play the correct music now. Things should feel a lot more like Oblivion now. Enjoy

sauhan77
sauhan77's picture
i noticed something odd -

i noticed something odd - everytime you enter or leave the area a certain music is assigned to, the ingame soundeffect of "area discovered" is playing... thats quite annoying :)

SupremeEpicness
sauhan77 wrote: i noticed

sauhan77 wrote:

i noticed something odd - everytime you enter or leave the area a certain music is assigned to, the ingame soundeffect of "area discovered" is playing... thats quite annoying :)

I'm aware of that bug, but unfortunately I don't have time to fix it right now. I'll be going out of the country on vacation in a couple of days, so there is not much I can do before then.