Pages

370 posts / 0 new
Last post
HorseRider
HorseRider's picture
No. You know what's really f*

No. You know what's really f**king unfair and really pissing me off? That the people who run this site post videos, and every now and then say "it's almost done". Then people flood the forums asking when it's gonna be done, and the answer is "we still have a lot of work to do". Bull crap. There were betas for Enderal, there were betas for about a billion other games, but the people on this page "won't release it until it's completely done and bug free". Morroblivion is at 0.6 and they released it, and I'm willing to bet that Skywind and Skyblivion are at least half done each. I mean...0.1 was released what, 4 years ago? And now with Skyrim SE released, they have to "start over". I mean there are single-person dev teams who have better release schedules on bigger projects than these people. You've got a whole planet of people waiting for this. ANd you know what? I bet it's going to be a heck of a lot like No Man's Sky - everything was advertised to be really cool and perfect and when it is finally release 60 years from now, there's going to be a billion bugs, half-assed content, and it's generally going to be really bad. Hell, Enderall had a smaller dev team than these people and look what they accomplished. This post is probably going to be deleted but I believe I speak on behalf of most of the people waiting for a release. I've heard anything from end of 2017 to 2025, ON THESE FORUMS. I get it, you're "volunteers" and you have "lives". But jeez, stop being so vague with everything. If the developers DID end up posting betas, bugs would get squished way faster and I can guarantee that a hell of a lot more people would join the project and be willing to help.

Nexos
Nexos's picture
Contributor
Well, too bad if it's a

Well, too bad if it's a disappointment.

I would recommend you to stop hoping for these games, seriously. Find something else. Play outdoors. Play a better game. Meet with friends.

Did you contact Blizzard in 2010 because it was about time to release Diablo III?
Did you whine on Valve's forums about Half Life 3?
Did you send a letter to Apogee to complain about Duke Nukem's late release?

No? 

So, do not complain here and let people work. It will be ready when it is.

Period.

yazza2014
yazza2014's picture
Contributor
HorseRider wrote:

HorseRider wrote:

No. You know what's really f**king unfair and really pissing me off? That the people who run this site post videos, and every now and then say "it's almost done". Then people flood the forums asking when it's gonna be done, and the answer is "we still have a lot of work to do". Bull crap. There were betas for Enderal, there were betas for about a billion other games, but the people on this page "won't release it until it's completely done and bug free". Morroblivion is at 0.6 and they released it, and I'm willing to bet that Skywind and Skyblivion are at least half done each. I mean...0.1 was released what, 4 years ago? And now with Skyrim SE released, they have to "start over". I mean there are single-person dev teams who have better release schedules on bigger projects than these people. You've got a whole planet of people waiting for this. ANd you know what? I bet it's going to be a heck of a lot like No Man's Sky - everything was advertised to be really cool and perfect and when it is finally release 60 years from now, there's going to be a billion bugs, half-assed content, and it's generally going to be really bad. Hell, Enderall had a smaller dev team than these people and look what they accomplished. This post is probably going to be deleted but I believe I speak on behalf of most of the people waiting for a release. I've heard anything from end of 2017 to 2025, ON THESE FORUMS. I get it, you're "volunteers" and you have "lives". But jeez, stop being so vague with everything. If the developers DID end up posting betas, bugs would get squished way faster and I can guarantee that a hell of a lot more people would join the project and be willing to help.

Would you be interested in volunteering for Skyblivion?

LostJak
LostJak's picture
I've been navmeshing more

I've been navmeshing more than 9 different worldspaces these past weeks, nobody is getting paid here so I think this is more than "fair". It's not because I don't come here every single day to make a record of what I've been doing that I haven't been doing anything at all... Same goes for the rest of the team, and I assure you, other folks are working hard too.

You said you've heard anything from 2017 to 2025, and that's because we actually do not have a release date for it. You don't want us to be vague but how would you feel if I told you it's going to be released tomorrow and 24 hours from now you find out it wasn't? I think 2017 or 2018 is a good guess but I am optimistic, other people from the team can disagree and there you go with different answers for a release date. We simply can't know. You guessed right: we are all volunteers and we have lives.

So do you, I assume. You do have a life, difference is: you are not a volunteer. You could be, if you have the skills and you are really determined to help in departments that could use a hand. I have never opened CK before joining in Skyblivion myself. Now this is how you make it get released faster. What you are doing does not.

moishethebeadle
moishethebeadle's picture
Horse Rider,

Horse Rider,

Because some of the devs here can be a little stubborn at times (we appreciate individuals that are capable of finding information without holding your hand throughout the entire process), I'll give you a hand. Though it certainly is not within my obligation to, I've linked the file for the alpha Skyblivion below. 

Skyblivion Alpha 0.42 Release

calinsoyyo
calinsoyyo's picture
i totally understand what

i totally understand what both parties are saying on this forum but i said i wanted to help but nobody got back with me even though i have skills in navemeshing, building, and other stuff (the ck), so the question is not do you need my help but do you WANT it?

Nexos
Nexos's picture
Contributor
Calinsoyyo, did you actually

Calinsoyyo, did you actually contact one of Skyblivion's leads, or, posted a thread to volunteer?

If you have not, it is very likely that they did not see it.

calinsoyyo
calinsoyyo's picture
yes or at least i thought i

yes or at least i thought i contact the leaders,... lostjak, rebelzize, and yazza. i sent them a pm but they never got back to me so i thought they didnt need me but then i saw them say they would like help and then i thought they were ignoring me... but thats what i thought, hopefully im wrong

HorseRider
HorseRider's picture
@yazza2014

@yazza2014

As a matter of fact, if there are any unconverted .nif files or things that need texturing, I would be more than happy to help. You can find my work on the Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/33622940/?

I've been banned on the Nexus but you can reach me here. I am discussing a return to the Nexus with the admin SirSalami but it's taking longer than anticipated.

yazza2014
yazza2014's picture
Contributor
calinsoyyo wrote:

calinsoyyo wrote:

yes or at least i thought i contact the leaders,... lostjak, rebelzize, and yazza. i sent them a pm but they never got back to me so i thought they didnt need me but then i saw them say they would like help and then i thought they were ignoring me... but thats what i thought, hopefully im wrong

There's a reason for this. I've sent a PM.

yazza2014
yazza2014's picture
Contributor
HorseRider wrote:

HorseRider wrote:

@yazza2014

As a matter of fact, if there are any unconverted .nif files or things that need texturing, I would be more than happy to help. You can find my work on the Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/33622940/?

I've been banned on the Nexus but you can reach me here. I am discussing a return to the Nexus with the admin SirSalami but it's taking longer than anticipated.

Apart from texturing, are you good at armour/clothing conversions? We still need to convert helmets for beast races, and some armours need skinning to the _1 muscular body type.

Or if you want, you can retexture any object you want from Oblivion, though I'd prefer a retexture of an armour or weapon.

(Maybe start with the Umbra sword, a new model or texture would be nice)

moishethebeadle
moishethebeadle's picture
>goes off on devs

>goes off on devs

>says it's unfair that volunteers work for free

>claims that videos are only way to get volunteers

>offered position

>accepts

>links to supposedly banned Nexus account

HorseRider
HorseRider's picture
I have some 4K ebony weapon

I have some 4K ebony weapon textures lying around, I can upload those for someone to take a look at.

As far as the helmets go, if someone has the source for non-beast races I can do work on those.

And if you want proof that that is my Nexus account I can absolutely provide it.

Lucius Divinitus
Lucius Divinitus's picture
Dude, what the Hell is your
Dude, what the Hell is your problem? These guys and the Skywind guys are the best thing to happen to the TES community since forever! You should be coming here to thank them for all of their great work, which they do completely free! You want it to come out sooner, why don't you volunteer to speed up the process? I can't comprehend how anyone can be so ungrateful.
yazza2014
yazza2014's picture
Contributor
Lucius Divinitus wrote:Dude,

Lucius Divinitus wrote:

Dude, what the Hell is your problem? These guys and the Skywind guys are the best thing to happen to the TES community since forever! You should be coming here to thank them for all of their great work, which they do completely free! You want it to come out sooner, why don't you volunteer to speed up the process? I can't comprehend how anyone can be so ungrateful.

HorseRider did end up volunteering.

Lucius Divinitus
Lucius Divinitus's picture
Really? Did not expect that,

Really? Did not expect that, in that case I hope he goes some good work then :)

kingjameson
kingjameson's picture
I have to agree with some of

I have to agree with some of what Horserider said.  Every time people ask when the game could be coming out you guys reply with the smartass comment "when it comes out" or something like that.  Listen, people want to play your game, you guys are doing awesome work, but being so rude makes people just want to give up on following the development of this game.  I know its on a volunteer basis, but giving us a loose time frame of when to expect it would be helpful.  I don't care if its 2 years from now, but I do not want to have to check up on it every few weeks.  Saying "maybe sometime winter of 2017" would shut people up.  At least try to understand what i'm saying.

Taerkalith
Taerkalith's picture
@kingjameson,

@kingjameson,

"when it comes out" is more due to the PR dept. becoming tired of writing the longer "we don't have a release date and work is not far enough along to give one. Even when we get close to a release date, the exact window is hard to predict due to this not being a job and thus time commitments are not enforceable. If we don't meet a deadline, the community will likely troll the site, rather than understanding the nature of volunteer developmentsof making an ENTIRE game. Beyond this, there are what we call "unknowns", areas of the project we would like to implement but require intense research into workarounds/reverse engineering tricks which are hard to allot time for, much less if the few individuals (sometimes only 1) which can do it, actually finds the time to figure it out. At the very end of development there is some flux as to what final things will be cut/ or need more development due to being overlooked. You have to remember most volunteers have never made a AAA game start-to-finish before so the last 10% could end up being more work than one thinks. For all these reasons, a release date which will satisfy those who want to understand Skywind in relative temporal terms of being "complete", is unobtainable."

It's much easier just to write "when it's done", when the same question is asked often enough those asking it again should be able to figure it out. That, or we could create a tesrenewal page with the above and link it every single time. Both would probably be unsatisfying as really what people want is something which is not possible for us to give right now.

To Answer your question though, it will not be done in 2017. So if you don't like watching development updates, check back a year from now.

blaffblaff
blaffblaff's picture
Can you give for me please

Quote:

This post is probably going to be deleted but I believe I speak on behalf of most of the people waiting for a release. I've heard anything from end of 2017 to 2025, ON THESE FORUMS. I get it, you're "volunteers" and you have "lives". But jeez, stop being so vague with everything. If the developers DID end up posting betas, bugs would get squished way faster and I can guarantee that a hell of a lot more people would join the project and be willing to help.

You don't have any reason to be complaining, they are volunteers because they love the game and want to contribute to this amazing project, but they don't have to explain shit to you.

But I agree with only one thing with you, if they release some beta only for purpose of testing the game so far, it would help to find a lot of bugs. Take Beyond Skyrim : Bruma as an example, they launched the game, and in the same day, more than 100 bugs were found.

Even so, they don't need to do that, and their answers can continue "wil be released when done", because they have the right to do this.

Pages