Pages

370 posts / 0 new
Last post
Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
As an example of what I was

As an example of what I was trying to say, I'd like to see the mountains north of Bruma look like the mountains south of Helgen. Right now if you travel to both places they look very different. They are suppose to be the same mountain chain right? Same with plants. If they exist in Skyrim I would use the Skyrim version. you shouldn't have to make new models for that stuff, it just needs to be placed or replaced. But I thinks things are looking really good right now being as apparently only a hand full of folks like this project enough to work on it. So please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining in the least.  Just my personal preferences, I'm subject to a bend will shout if needed ;)

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
You basically said Skyrim

You basically said Skyrim looks bad because the colours are realistic.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Why do people compare a

Why do people compare a handcrafted game released in 2011 with a product of automated convertion of game from 2006 expecting something to look the same?

Also avoid using words "you should (not) have" on this forums, noone is going to do what you want. Those who are really doing something besides posting on forums will always do what they want.

You want something different? Go do it yourself. All the needed files are in the first post. That's the motto here.

I've converted Skyblivion to give people ability to express their imagination, to start further development from a stable base esm master file, not to discuss what's wrong with it and how does it (not) look.

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
zilav wrote: Why do people

zilav wrote:

Why do people compare a handcrafted game released in 2011 with a product of automated convertion of game from 2006 expecting something to look the same?

Also avoid using words "you should (not) have" on this forums, noone is going to do what you want. Those who are really doing something besides posting on forums will always do what they want.

You want something different? Go do it yourself. All the needed files are in the first post. That's the motto here.

I've converted Skyblivion to give people ability to express their imagination, to start further development from a stable base esm master file, not to discuss what's wrong with it and how does it (not) look.

zilav wrote:

I hope you don't think that is where I was coming from. I am grateful for the work that has been done. It gives me a great starting place  to start playing around with things. I've been doing individual faces the last couple of nights for about an hour or so (all the time I have right now). After i get a few done i may let someone else look at them and see what they think.

I do have a question though. When i set an actor to unique it moves them from the preset section to the actor section for their race automatically if they are imperial but  for kajit, dark elf, high elf there is no subsection for these and some other races other than the ones under preset. The only way you can find them is to go to the actor root. What would i need to do to fix this?

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
Don't know why it double

Don't know why it double quoted must be my phone and I can't fix it.  also just realized this is the wrong forum for this type of talk. I will try to find the proper one to ask questions when I get to my PC.

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
Nevermind my question above,

Nevermind my question above, things align themselves correctly next time you load CK.

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
Oblivion had WAY to much

Oblivion had WAY to much bloom but skyrim had that terrible blue tint stuff, both look unrealistic imo. In the pictures above those mountains are less then a mile away from the player meaning that cyrodiil is very humid in skyrim version. Needless to say the distances compared to the visibility are way, WAY off. Also you can see that in skyrim everything looks alot closer which only adds to the problem. I'll try to make a custom image space for cyrodiil as soon as I can get me PC up and running again. It crashed the day after I made a backup of all my current skyblivion WIPs (I guess I'm really lucky). So... Yeah that's why I've been missing lately

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
I know what you mean, but my

I know what you mean, but my vision is more like remaking a movie. If it is the exact same thing then it would be a flop but if you gave it a face lift (i.e. use what ya got in Skyrim) and take the best of what works in oblivion (i.e. towns and buildings in what all seem to be the correct locations) then you work in the original voice acting and quests. Then a few suprises along the way. you have the makings of a great experiance with a fraction of the time needed to do a complete conversion. In other words it could be complete one day. :)

I've just been learning this stuff right now but I'll put some screens up just to give an idea. and yes I know I'm a newbie at this stuff so forgive me if they look like crap. but I've been playing around with the Mystic Emporium and it's shop keeper Calindil. I deleted all  the trash stuff in the room and started over, keeping only what was working as is.

Now if I could just get him to quit wanting have me arrested for trespassing, everything else should have a basic set up: Container hooked up, Faction created, and shop opens and closes on time. and a basic navemesh and roaming route in the shop, and well, I tried to make him look like the file pic on UESPWiki. 

I know no one will ever play my version but it is fun as heck learning this stuff and then trying it out in game.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
If you are doing it for

If you are doing it for learning then it is ok, but "I deleted all the trash stuff" is very wrong. The way Skyblivion was converted preserving all FormIDs makes it possible to convert any mod from Oblivion to Skyblivion in future. Deleting any records increases the chances to break compatibility.

Never delete anything in Skyblivion, only move if absolutely needed or make additions. Forget about existence of the "Del" key. It is not a problem in Skywind due to absence of FormIDs, but a huge problem in Skyblivion.

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
When I get around to learning

When I get around to learning how to change what a reference is looking for, I'll do it the right way. But I may keep the stuff just incase any of it can help the 4E project one day.

Also someone may want to move my posts to the correct forum. I just wanted new folks like myself to know how much fun it is to jump in and learn this stuff, maybe inspire them to do the same or maybe even become a contributor one day. I'm sure more team members for any of the projects wouldn't hurt.

iGavB
iGavB's picture
Hi all Got all the mod

Hi all

Got all the mod working etc, however, when I transport to Oblivion.... no one seems to move? I went around slashing guards up to test it and there was no reaction?

Its almost like the AI isnt working? They just say something along the lines of "how can I help" and thats it, dont move, dont do anything else? Also, how do I start the main storyline quest from where the emporer dies at the start?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Just lol... no words.

Just lol... no words.

Johann
Johann's picture
iGavB wrote: Hi all Got all

iGavB wrote:

Hi all

Got all the mod working etc, however, when I transport to Oblivion.... no one seems to move? I went around slashing guards up to test it and there was no reaction?

Its almost like the AI isnt working? They just say something along the lines of "how can I help" and thats it, dont move, dont do anything else? Also, how do I start the main storyline quest from where the emporer dies at the start?

The project is still in its alpha stage, so don't expect everything to work.  To answer your questions:

1.  The NPCs won't do anything because the navmesh isn't there yet (so they don't know where they can go), and their stats are also only partially converted.

2.  You can't do any quests, because they haven't been written yet.

Mizuue
Mizuue's picture
can i ask when this mod might

can i ask when this mod might be totally ready?=) it's so perfect...exploring oblivion again:D in skyrim<3 it feels a bit empty... only skyrim.

They should have put all into 1 together was a good thing the author thinking of starting a mod witch would make us remember oblivion, i really wanna explore but i would rather wait untill it's totally ready. Another thing will it be compatible with dawnguard Heartfire and Dragonborn or not?.

Thanks **

SupremeEpicness
@Mizuue: Hopefully (if

@Mizuue: Hopefully (if everyone doesn't lose interest and more people come to work on it). It will be done by the end of next year or early 2015. (If we've lucky). We still have to finish skywind before skyblivion we really take off.

quent369
quent369's picture
hello guys, I'm a new guys

hello guys, I'm a new guys here and i have a question, every time I'm going near a nirnroot on the mod my game crash, I've see someone say than we shlound delete it but i have absolutely no idea who to do this, I've try to delete some file with nirnroot in there name in my Skyrim directory but it don't change anything ...

can someone help me ?

I've buy Oblivion GOTY but the old and rigid system of gameplay/leveling/experience afraid me.

I know this mod will never be like playing Oblivion but i'd like traveling out of skyrim and i hope you will continue working on it because it's fun to visit land of cyrodill.

Johann
Johann's picture
quent369 wrote:hello guys,

quent369 wrote:

hello guys, I'm a new guys here and i have a question, every time I'm going near a nirnroot on the mod my game crash, I've see someone say than we shlound delete it but i have absolutely no idea who to do this, I've try to delete some file with nirnroot in there name in my Skyrim directory but it don't change anything ...

can someone help me ?

I've buy Oblivion GOTY but the old and rigid system of gameplay/leveling/experience afraid me.

I know this mod will never be like playing Oblivion but i'd like traveling out of skyrim and i hope you will continue working on it because it's fun to visit land of cyrodill.

You have to delete specific files.  Just look at the first post to see which ones and where they are.

EDIT:  I see it's not listed here.  Search the site for the original Skyblivion installation instructions to find out which files they are, just keep in mind that the file paths changed slightly in this version.

EDIT 2:  It seems that information was removed from the original thread, so just search your tes4 folder for the nirnroot files.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I did not mention nirnroot

I did not mention nirnroot because all meshes are now in tes4 subfolder and don't interfere with Skyrim anymore, that's why deleting it is not necessary.

Skyblivion itself will crash even with deleted nirnroot a lot since there are dozens of other bad meshes, deleting one of them won't make a big change.

quent369
quent369's picture
I did not mention nirnroot

I did not mention nirnroot because all meshes are now in tes4 subfolder and don't interfere with Skyrim anymore, that's why deleting it is not necessary.

Skyblivion itself will crash even with deleted nirnroot a lot since there are dozens of other bad meshes, deleting one of them won't make a big change.

thanks both of you to respond.

So i will wait of playing this mod.

I'm not a lot skills in Mod but if i could make some simple thing to help you ...

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Turn2TES wrote: If you are

Turn2TES wrote:

If you are using the stripped skyrim.esm, does it stop you from using the find and replace function with skyrim objects. such as maybe replace all instances of nirnroot in oblivion with they skyrim version.

Yes. And that's allright. Never, never use a record from Skyrim.esm (exceptions are very rare).  So in your case, never do a search skyblivionItem/replace with SkyrimItem.

You want to replace the nirnroot  ? Edit the skyblivion nirnroot record to use a different mesh/texture (and then you have to deal with using an asset in the right folder, otherwise it's a nightmare to package) or create a new nirnroot with the same data as the skyrim one and then you can replace.

Duplicating things might be tedious but it's absolutely necessary to keep Skyblivion independant and ease conversion to future TES games. The same rule applies to Skywind obviously.

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
digitalparanoid

digitalparanoid wrote:

Turn2TES wrote:

If you are using the stripped skyrim.esm, does it stop you from using the find and replace function with skyrim objects. such as maybe replace all instances of nirnroot in oblivion with they skyrim version.

Yes. And that's allright. Never, never use a record from Skyrim.esm (exceptions are very rare).  So in your case, never do a search skyblivionItem/replace with SkyrimItem.

Actually it does work I tried it out with Soul gems but the orientations are wrong, unless you like seeing them stuck in a table like a dagger. Oh and  don't worry, still playing, not saving.

NikD158
NikD158's picture
need you help!

People i have a problem,can anyone help me ,the bsaUnpacker is not working

<bsa browser stops working>

and it is always the same,i turn of firewall and ets. but its still not working/

pls hepl me 

will be very happy ,if someone will

and some other bsa unpackers do the same thing to me(

like fallout one(

Vivec
Vivec's picture
LASentry wrote: You basically

LASentry wrote:

You basically said Skyrim looks bad because the colours are realistic.

Yeah...except no, I have no clue where you're getting that from. Anyways, the blue tint is the major thing and some people seem to agree that the blue tint doesn't fit Cyrodiil.

masterholmes
masterholmes's picture
hi, how i get permission to

hi, how i get permission to use the converted meshes in a mod that a friend is doing, i will give you the credit of course :)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
You can't use them because

You can't use them because they are Beth's assets. Skyblivion can't use them too in fact, and future installers will grab them directly from Oblivion installation. That's the reason why it is not on nexus or any other modding sites.

Slayadex23
Slayadex23's picture
Hi, I installed the mod and

Hi, I installed the mod and everything worked great untill I got to Cyrodiil. Everything is white except the top of barrels, grass and npcs. Can someone point out what i did wrong? I know i messed up something.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
You put textures in the wrong

You put textures in the wrong golder. Read instructions again.

zachfernandez97
zachfernandez97's picture
what do you mean about the

what do you mean about the nirnroot?

Johann
Johann's picture
zachfernandez97 wrote: what

zachfernandez97 wrote:

what do you mean about the nirnroot?

If you mean the warning to delete it, it's a bad mesh.  The game will ctd if you look at it, so just delete the mesh.  There are more bad meshes, but this will at least make it a bit less prone to ctd's.

groomp56
groomp56's picture
any release date for v.02?  

any release date for v.02?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Nothing to release yet, so

Nothing to release yet, so no.

MRxSAVAGEx619
MRxSAVAGEx619's picture
Hey hows the progress on this

Hey hows the progress on this and how far away you from completing this? Just a question not trying to rush you or anything.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Are we far away from

Are we far away from completing this? That's funny because we haven't really started. I mean we are using Oblivion's textures and converted meshes so yeah.

chucklet321
chucklet321's picture
Amazing Work, do you think we

Amazing Work, do you think we will be seeing a 0.2 anytime soon?

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
No there is not really

No there is not really anything to add to make it a full update.

MRxSAVAGEx619
MRxSAVAGEx619's picture
So no ones going to add

So no ones going to add quests, people, or do any more work on it?

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Eventually everything will be

Eventually everything will be done but Skywind is the priority. 

SupremeEpicness
LASentry wrote: Eventually

LASentry wrote:

Eventually everything will be done but Skywind is the priority. 

I wouldn't make promises like that if I were you. TES6 will probably be out by the skyblivion takes off  and then most of the work will be on converting morrowind to it then. There is also no way of know when to move the focus on to skyblivion without hurting one or both projects. All that combined with the fact that not many people here think it's worth it, is kinda crippling this project.

chucklet321
chucklet321's picture
Will we see a 0.2 soon?  

Will we see a 0.2 soon?

SupremeEpicness
Probably not. Not enough

Probably not. Not enough people are working on skyblivion and next no real work has been done. In the 6 month (to the day) that this esm has been out only a, hand full of navmesh, music, weather, water and images spaces have been done. (I did music, weather, water and image spaces) That's not any where near enough for version 0.2. Plus even if alot more work was done no one will merge it all to the master (some people say it's not worth it unless we can convert oblivion better cities and unique landscape mods). I wouldn't expect 0.2 atleast for another year (if that). at this rate skyblivion won't be done untill 2016 (skywind 2012-2014 skyblivion 2014-2016 and that's being very optimistic) hopefully TES6 won't kill off all the skyblivion work force by then by making them move to converting morrowind to it instead of completing skyblivion. (but it probably will). Anyway, if I were you, I wouldn't expect too much more being done on it anytime soon...

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I'm waiting for Ormin

I'm waiting for Ormin :)

Without his mesh converter Skyblivion is stalled. But if he will reconvert meshes properly, then some work can be done. Autonavmeshing of exteriors, objects LOD, replace monsters from monster mod (and other similar mods) like minotaurs and daedroths for example, fixing books, use new spectacular GKB trees (or ours if they'll be done), etc.

Vevonus
Vevonus's picture
Here are some meshes I

Here are some meshes I "tripped" over during my travels in Cyrodiil, starting from the "tes4" folder:

architecture\stonewall\stonewallramp01.nif
architecture\stonewall\stonewallbend02.nif

dungeons\fortruins\exterior\castle\rfcastlewalk05.nif
ayelidruins\arroot03.nif
rocks\westweald\rockwestwealdmoss09.nif
rocks\water\rockbeachshell970.nif
rocks\water\rockunderwater970.nif
architecture\castle\anvil\ancastlegate01.nif
architecture\castle\anvil\ancastletower01.nif
rocks\westweald\rockwestweald09.nif
architecture\imperialcity\icelvenblock03house02.nif

I don't encounter crashes very often with the collision data for those removed/replaced in the exterior regions.  I haven't done much searching in the interiors.  Hope that helps somebody!

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
It wasn't a promise. To be

It wasn't a promise. To be honest though, do you think Skyblivion should be canceled all together? 

SupremeEpicness
Where is Ormin anyway, last

Where is Ormin anyway, last time he posted was more than 6 weeks ago. I hope he hasn't quit us or left. Nearly all of skyblivion is riding on his success.

I think using gkb trees is a good idea He just made some for Cyrodiil trees (probably just for us too) as well as some red woods.

Anyway my points are still valid. Even the most optimistic projections still have TES6 coming out before skyblivion is done. I think it might be the best bet for us not to move focus over to skyblivion at all.To much work on skyblivion might end up being wasted time in the long run. Time that may have been better used fixing skywind up. We may have to just build up a separate team for skyblivion. (like dark creations does with it's projects) other wise... eh.

I don't think we should cancel skyblivion, at least not yet, but I really have more faith in other projects, then this. Skyblivion might end up hurting skywind and being a vast waste of time, and as time goes by it seems more and more like it will. But I guess it's still a bit early too say for sure.

Though I do think skyblivion will go alot slower then skywind. Alot of good modders will probably quit, seeing as they are here JUST to create skywind. Far less people are interested in oblivion then morrowind, and I doubt there will be enough skyrim modders that want to convert oblivion. most people don't think skyblivion is really worth it. It's not even one console generation leap and all your favorite mods that made oblivion good aren't gonna be part of it.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
He was in chat like 2 or 3

He was in chat like 2 or 3 days ago asking about LOD.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Skyblivion is a port, Skywind

Skyblivion is a port, Skywind is a mod.

Ports must be done mostly programmatically, hence why I'm waiting for Ormin. We don't need a lot of people on Skyblivion like Skywind. And I don't mind using Skyrim's armors if noonce can model originals (just retextured). Oblivion didn't have a big emphasis on armor sets and separate parts like Morrowind.

So if Ormin can fix meshes and convert scripts that'll already be like 60%.

SupremeEpicness
zilav wrote: Skyblivion is a

zilav wrote:

Skyblivion is a port, Skywind is a mod.

That's the problem Oblivion wasn't really "that" good and for the most part I don't think anyone would bother, with all the work. As I said it's not even a console generation leap and the best part about oblivion (mods) aren't included. I mean skywind imo is better or just as good as morrowind was. Skyblivion is (in the eyes of many by not me) worse then oblivion.

zilav wrote:

And I don't mind using Skyrim's armors 

Most of the core skyrim armors (iron, steel, ebony ect...) have to much of a nordic feel and I think that skyblivion would fail if we just reused them. I thought the main focus was on recreating the feel of the games on a modern engine. Reusing the core armors might defeat the purpose of porting the game in the first place. (glass, elven orcish and dwarven are okay to reuse only because they have foreign feel in both games.)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
When choosing between a

When choosing between a chance to complete Skyblivion without proper models and never complete at all due to a lack of models, I'm for former.

"Oblivion wasn't really that good" is a very subjective opinion. It is usually the best game for players who started TES journey with Oblivion, same as why newcomers are praizing Skyrim over Morrowind/Oblivion, and why most people here love Morrowind over anything else. Guess what, my favorite games are Daggerfall and Battlespire for the very same reason, not Morrowind.

Recreating feel is a good aim when there are enough resources. We have none currently and need to find other ways.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
I've ported a lot of weapons,

I've ported a lot of weapons, I don't have enough knowledge with 3ds max to port the armors (and I tried), but someone skilled should be able to port the armors with the oblivion style skeleton, even with top and bottom splitted (there is a mod on the nexus whih does that for skyrim armors). The problem is not about technical issues, it's about the lack of people working on it : /.

I must say I'm very sceptical about you idea to create an automatic converter for oblivion. Do you think you'll be able to convert every animation, armor, weapons, creatures, speedtrees and other problematic mesh? You'll probably just use skyrim equivalents instead and people will complain because they don't have the feel of oblivion. Skyblivion can be an interesting mod but you'll have to admit that you must release some """"illegal""" meshes, otherwise you'd better join beyond skyrim cyrodiil which is creating a very nice 4th era cyrodiil with new meshes.

SupremeEpicness
anthelius wrote: I must say

anthelius wrote:

I must say I'm very sceptical about you idea to create an automatic converter for oblivion. Do you think you'll be able to convert every animation, armor, weapons, creatures, speedtrees and other problematic mesh? You'll probably just use skyrim equivalents instead and people will complain because they don't have the feel of oblivion. Skyblivion can be an interesting mod but you'll have to admit that you must release some """"illegal""" meshes, otherwise you'd better join beyond skyrim cyrodiil which is creating a very nice 4th era cyrodiil with new meshes.

(F word replaced smoke) 

Smoke the people that complain! unless they actually try to help us convert the stuff forget anything they say. for all they know it's completely impossible to do what they're asking.

anthelius wrote:

Skyblivion can be an interesting mod but you'll have to admit that you must release some """"illegal""" meshes, otherwise you'd better join beyond skyrim cyrodiil which is creating a very nice 4th era cyrodiil with new meshes.

"Very nice" is a tad bit generous don't you think. Anyway the plan was always to violate the law and release some """"illegal""" meshes. Though I did here some one say Dark creation would let us use their meshes when they are done. Anyway I think Dark creations just smoked up their project.They just realized all tamriel in one world space may not work out. Even if the creation kit could load all that data without array errors, skyrim's smokes up after 64 cells. Tamriels center would be in skyrim meaning they have to go south more then 64 cells.

Pages