Pages

370 posts / 0 new
Last post
Johann
Johann's picture
Seeing how this is the page

Seeing how this is the page most new people will see, I'll also say it here.  I created a mod to change the female Breton NPCs so they have female voices.  Here's a link:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3hLvKzF-ubNZ3huT3MzSzNfWHc/edit?usp=sharing

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Oblivion is fully voiced, new

Oblivion is fully voiced, new voicetypes need to be created using original sound files for all races and genders, and assigned to NPCs. Perhaps you can do this? :)

So your mod is not a "fix", but just an improved placeholder using skyrim's voices. If you really have a spare time, know your way in CK and want to help, you'd better spend it recreating oblivion's voices.

Johann
Johann's picture
zilav wrote: Oblivion is

zilav wrote:

Oblivion is fully voiced, new voicetypes need to be created using original sound files for all races and genders, and assigned to NPCs. Perhaps you can do this? :)

So your mod is not a "fix", but just an improved placeholder using skyrim's voices. If you really have a spare time, know your way in CK and want to help, you'd better spend it recreating oblivion's voices.

I'll see if I can figure out how to do it.

far327
far327's picture
I would like to contribute

I will be installing this and the Skywind mod over the course of this week. Once I see what is not in game / missing, I will try to find an area which needs attention. I absolutely love Oblivion and would work hard to see this mod come to light within Skyrim. :)

Thank you for all your hard work on this project so far!

far327
far327's picture
Shivering Isle? Is it possible to go there yet?

Hi all

Is it possible to enter Shivering Isles using Skyblivion?

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Yes, type cow tes4SEWorld 0 0

Yes, type cow tes4SEWorld 0 0

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
There is no LOD for SE

There is no LOD for SE though.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Yes I tried to generate it

Yes I tried to generate it many times but I've never had the right water level :/

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
There is no problem to

There is no problem to generate it, I just didn't do it :)

far327
far327's picture
Thanks for the replies all. I

Thanks for the replies all. I will try the console command. I figure SI is likely on the back burner so that Skywind can get full attention for now. 

Has anyone had missing furniture within interiors? It seems I'm missing most if not all furniture. Thinking I must of missed a mesh folder or something when I copied files. But, incase it was a .esp issue, thought I would ask first...

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Quite a lot of meshes are not

Quite a lot of meshes are not converted (missing or replaced with other similar meshes) or converted badly and cause CTDs everywhere. Simply saying Skyblivion is a huge mess right now because there are no reliable tools to convert meshes.

Spykejuggalo
Spykejuggalo's picture
not working for me

i did all that was said, and when i do the cow tes4... it starts to load and then crashes

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
sweet thanks for putting my

sweet thanks for putting my video there!

Khiz3r
Khiz3r's picture
I've installed the game

I've installed the game correctly,it works fine,a few crashes after 5minutes but all the buildings in cyrodiil are blue and have no textures help please

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
how do you know you installed

how do you know you installed it correctly when you've got errors? did you unpack the oblivion textures and delete the ones it said to? otherwise that's really weird, it worked for me.

Khiz3r
Khiz3r's picture
Oh sorry,I accidently wrote

Oh sorry,I accidently wrote correctly.Anyways I deleted all the files and stuff,downloaded everything but still all the building are blue I'll upload a picture to show you.If anyone can help then please do!

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
@Khiz3r: I think I know what

@Khiz3r: I think I know what issue you're having. If you get into the game and only see blue buildings you're fine with the dowload, in fact you already half way done with the install. no need to re-download anything.

I take you have a copy of the oblivion game(if you don't have Oblivion then you must go get it). Go into the the data folder of you oblivion game, then use a bsa unpacker like the one in the link below to extract the textures to a temp location.

BSA Unpacker: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4804. 

if you see stuff like 

Oblivion-meshes.bsa

Oblivion-misc.bsa

Oblivion sound.bsa

Then you're in the right place. look for the one that says "textures"  once you have it extracted to a temporary location delete the folders mentioned in the install instructions above. Then place the extracted textures (now that some have been deleted) in to you skyrim data folder.

Unlike the meshes DON'T place them in a subfolder of textures.

They should be:

Data\textures\architecture\anvil

They Should NOT be:

Data\textures\tes4\architecture\anvil

The rest is optional after that, if you what you can use Qarl's texture pack. Just download from the like below, and remove the folder the have conflicting textures.

Qarl's HD Texture Pack: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=oblivion...

So yeah... The install is overly complex right now but it's the best we got.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
yep

yep

aryan826
aryan826's picture
if you need a hand
Presantly i do not have alot of free time due to exams but during the summer i am free for ages and would love to help out with ether skywind or skyblivion. I am currently working on converting the Golden Saint armour from oblivion and putting that in skyrim. So if you need some one to convert the oblivion and morrowind armours i am free. ish. I also thought it wood be cool to have all 3 versions of the main armors like dwarven ,ebony etc and call them things like (cyrodilic dwarven and or vardenfell dwarven) as i realy like some of the armours any way. Finaly i can also help with static meshes. But i am no good (at the moment) with textureing.
anthelius
anthelius's picture
Yep I'd really love to see

Yep I'd really love to see oblivion's original armors in skyrim : ) andynev already converted some of them so maybe you should work with him. You don't need to convert morrowind armors because they will be redone (quality is too low for skyrim).

Sheo
Sheo's picture
I know someone who had

I know someone who had converted some of the armor.

if you want I can see if he can join , or at least convert on or two of them

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Yes there are a few of them

Yes there are a few of them around the internet

here is the elven weapons: http://www.sendspace.com/file/12u2nv

Don't forget the clothes as well, quite different from skyrim clothes.

Marco808
Marco808's picture
what happends if

what happends if i dont have oblivion and play skyblivion?

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
dude... you physically can't.

dude... you physically can't. there would be no textures what so ever. like at all. everything in the whole world would be bright purple, you wouldn't even be able to see.

Marco808
Marco808's picture
thanks for telling

thanks for telling me i would not want purple buildings everywere i'll have to get skyrim and oblivion set up on my new computer in a couple of years hahahaha

Marco808
Marco808's picture
ignore this post

ignore this post

valtteri771
valtteri771's picture
Ignore this

I already solved my problem.

TonyB500
TonyB500's picture
Slight problem. Some of the

Slight problem. Some of the plant meshes from Oblivion replaced the meshes of those same plants in Skyrim, particularly lavender and Nirnroot. The Nirnroot also caused my game to crash. I'm now reinstalling Skyrim to fix the issue. But I think perhaps you should mention how many undesired Oblivion meshes will replace Skyrim meshes.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
All Skyblivion meshes are

All Skyblivion meshes are installed into meshes\tes4 subfolder and can't overlap with Skyrim.

You installed it wrong.

TonyB500
TonyB500's picture
Found the problem. Just had

Found the problem. Just had to find the other lavender mesh file. Got it, though. Problem solved.

Like I said, just some files that also need to be deleted so they don't override the Skyrim meshes.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Nothing in Skyblivion

Nothing in Skyblivion overrides Skyrim meshes, sort out your own problems.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
looks like someone woke up on

looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed

GV9830
GV9830's picture
Not working

I installed everything properly, but when i run the game and type "cow tes4tamriel 5 10" it gets stuck on the loading screen

when  i check in task manager, it says Skyrim is not responding

really frustrated :(

Johann
Johann's picture
GV9830 wrote: I installed

GV9830 wrote:

I installed everything properly, but when i run the game and type "cow tes4tamriel 5 10" it gets stuck on the loading screen

when  i check in task manager, it says Skyrim is not responding

really frustrated :(

Skyblivion is very unstable at this moment.  You could try different co-ordinates.

GV9830
GV9830's picture
What other co-ordinates?give

No, other coordinates also dont seem to work

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
It's worked for me every

It's worked for me every time, make sure everything to do with the mod is checked in the launcher.

Archfey
Archfey's picture
Help

I followed the instructions and the map is there... just nothing on it any ideas what I did wrong? 

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
you need to put the meshes in

you need to put the meshes in the tes4 folder

Mishka
Mishka's picture
I just wanna say that in the

I just wanna say that in the instructions number 7 it says you have to strip the skyrim.esm file to run both skyrim and skyblvion in the CK, that isn't correct (I guess that is how I wanna say it). At least not on my computer. I can load both of them just fine, takes about 15 minutes though. I have been creating some nav-mesh for the current .esm to test it out and such. Pointless but still. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
^ If you load the full

^ If you load the full Skyrim.esm with Skyblivion or Skywind in the CK, you'll run into a zillion array errors(hence why you have a long load time) due to the CK's memory limit. You won't be able to add anything to Skyblivion or see any changes you make.

Mishka
Mishka's picture
^ Oh I see now! I thought

^ Oh I see now! I thought they meant the CK would just error out/crash on trying to load.

So my next question (which will most likely be stupid) but is there anyway to increase the CK's memory limit in the .ini prefs or through some sort of crack/modification to the .exe file? Maybe something similar to the Version 1.0 exe mod for Skyrim to allow for more then 4 gigs of ram allocation? Something makes me think the CK can only allocate something less then 4 gigs, would that be a correct assumption? 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Nope, the only ways around

Nope, the only ways around the limit is to either use the stripped Skyrim master or set up version control.

Mishka
Mishka's picture
Alrighty then. Thank you for

Alrighty then. Thank you for the information!

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
If you are using the stripped

If you are using the stripped skyrim.esm, does it stop you from using the find and replace function with skyrim objects. such as maybe replace all instances of nirnroot in oblivion with they skyrim version.  Just thought I'd play around,  and finish teaching myself CK.

Also thought about playing around with the character appearance by hand if there is no other way to convert them. Right now everyone seems to be the same few characters but with the correct names, so i would think they would be able to be saved with individual appearances without much more needed than the time to do it.

I'm the oddball I didn't start playing till oblivion. I never could get into morrowind until I discovered morroblivion. If I wanted to play oblivion that looked exactly like oblivion, I'd play oblivion. I would like to see oblivion with skyrim graphics. 

Also here is a another comparison for folks just visiting.

Vivec
Vivec's picture
Turn2TES wrote: If you are

Turn2TES wrote:

If you are using the stripped skyrim.esm, does it stop you from using the find and replace function with skyrim objects. such as maybe replace all instances of nirnroot in oblivion with they skyrim version.  Just thought I'd play around,  and finish teaching myself CK.

Also thought about playing around with the character appearance by hand if there is no other way to convert them. Right now everyone seems to be the same few characters but with the correct names, so i would think they would be able to be saved with individual appearances without much more needed than the time to do it.

I'm the oddball I didn't start playing till oblivion. I never could get into morrowind until I discovered morroblivion. If I wanted to play oblivion that looked exactly like oblivion, I'd play oblivion. I would like to see oblivion with skyrim graphics. 

Also here is a another comparison for folks just visiting.

I don't like how Skyrim's screenshot is so dull. I loved the brightness and stuff from Oblivion and I think I really need that part of the experience after SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, DULLNESS from Skyrim.

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
I was just showing the same

I was just showing the same area in both games. I don't think it looks better yet either. I did have a long explanation of why   and what I would like to see done, but before I saved the post i removed that section because I didn't want to sound like the newbie trying to tell everyone how to do things . I didn't think about the fact that what was left of the post would make it sound like I thought we were there now . It's all good though, if I stay around here enough you folks will eventually get use to me     ;-)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
It's dull because Skyblivion

It's dull because Skyblivion uses Skyrim's default imagespaces with desaturation and blue tint. Don't know why nobody could not create a custom ones yet, they'll change the look completely.

Vivec
Vivec's picture
zilav wrote: It's dull

zilav wrote:

It's dull because Skyblivion uses Skyrim's default imagespaces with desaturation and blue tint. Don't know why nobody could not create a custom ones yet, they'll change the look completely.

That's what I meant. The desaturation and tint are not good for Cyrodiil and are just plain dull.
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Dude, Oblivion was super

Dude, Oblivion was super bloom, way over the top. And when was the last time you went to   what's basically Antarctica but warm enough to grow trees, plants, etc? Was all bright and colourful? No.

Vivec
Vivec's picture
LASentry wrote: Dude,

LASentry wrote:

Dude, Oblivion was super bloom, way over the top. And when was the last time you went to   what's basically Antarctica but warm enough to grow trees, plants, etc? Was all bright and colourful? No.

Warm enough to support trees, plants and various lifeforms in even the coldes parts =/= basically Antartica. And I was saying that we needed Cyrodiil, which is meant to be way warmer than Skyrim, to not be dull and more vibrant like it was in Oblivion. And when there aren't snow storms and shit and the sun shines through, cold areas can actually be very bright and colourful looking.

Pages