328 posts / 0 new
Last post
zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
[RELz] Skyblivion Reborn Installation Instructions

Skyblivion v0.1 Released!

Video 1       Video 2       Video 3       Video 4

Reconversion project of Oblivion to Skyrim.

Installation instructions and links are not available, please wait for version 0.2

Type in game's console "cow tes4tamriel 5 10" to travel to Waterfront in Imperial City. "tmm 1" will show all map markers.

If you want to know more about conversion, read this thread.

If you wish to work with Skyblivion in Creation kit, you'll need a stripped Skyrim.esm master (because Skyblivion is bigger than Skyrim and CK can't load them both in memory at the same time). Use tesvsnip utility and remove CELL and WRLD groups from Skyrim.esm. Don't forget to restore the original one back when playing, or game will crash.

Welcome to Oblivion!

Edited by: zilav on 12/06/2013 - 08:00
anthelius
anthelius's picture
Contributor
Looks great so far but there

Looks great so far but there is no way to make the lod work:/ even by unpacking the bsa (I think you've forgotten the "lodsettings" folder). Thank you so much for your work anyway, I'll start to work on grass when I can ; ).

edit: and if you use this mod delete the nirnroot or you won't play for long^^

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Hi Zilav, awesome work Does

Hi Zilav,

awesome work ;) Does this have the quests and dialogues ? If not, since I read you don't have a lot of time at the moment, would you care to share the tes5edit scripts you used for dialogues and scripts in Skywind ?

thanks !

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
@anthelius Updated first post

@anthelius

Updated first post with a new link of updated archive, I forgot to include one file.

@digitalparanoid

Didn't I already post a link to scripts earlier in skywind thread? I don't remember.

Frozen
Frozen's picture
If someone would have problem

If someone would have problem extracting meshes then password is morro with small m

ps. this is looking great

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Contributor
@zilav: thanks, it works

@zilav: thanks, it works great now. It's hard to believe that we are already this far in development ...

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Landscape still needs some

Landscape still needs some love though.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Contributor
Zilav:  Yeah, you did, but

Zilav:  Yeah, you did.... maybe?, but those were the skywind scripts.  Have you changed anything?

Anyway looks great!  I'm sure we'll get some people who will want to work on it.  Also, do you think you could share the scripts you used to add clothing and such?  Those could be useful for Skywind.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Skywind scripts should work

Skywind scripts should work the same. To convert Oblivion's dialogs:

1) make a copy of oblivion.esm

2) load it in tes4edit

3) remove everything except dialogs group, remove dialog topics with formid less than 800 (they are hardcoded values and won't work in skyrim, usually a GREETINGS topic, maybe something else)

4) add oblivion.esm as a master

5) apply Before DIAL script

6) save, copy to Skyrim, and open in tes5edit

7) set starting formid for dialog branches in After DIAL script, should be a free space in oblivion.esm range to not overlap with everything. I think something like $01400000, need to check in tes4edit.

8 ) Apply After DIAL script

9) Add skyblivion.esm as a master, apply "change load order of formid" script and set 01 to inject dialogs into Skyblivion.esm

10) Deep copy them to Skyblivion to merge

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Hi Zilav, I installed

Hi Zilav,

I installed following your instructions and that worked perfectly ;) Thanks a ton for your work !

We'll have a look in the dialogue conversion you detailed asap

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
Contributor
Getting closer to

Getting closer to fus-ro-dahing these Daedra from the Oblivion gates ;)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Just got an idea about

Just got an idea about objects LOD. Can someone who is familiar with CK set "IsFullLod" flag on IC, towns, ruins, bridges etc and make it an optional addon plugin. Yes it will probably stress engine, but way easier and faster than making lowpoly lod objects for everything and objects textures atlas.

We need it for screenshots and promo videos :)

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Contributor
We don't need to create

We don't need to create _far.nif, they are already in the skyblivion meshes ; ). We just need someone to generate it (and if you want even more lod meshes, you still have AEVWD on oblivion nexus).

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Are you sure they were

Are you sure they were properly converted over? As far as I know there is an issue with lod meshes and "translation" in nifscope (saw a post in USKP official forum page some time ago).

You can always try to generate objects LOD yourself, I'll add it to package if you succeed :)

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Contributor
I don't know if they'll work,

I don't know if they'll work, at least they look good in nifskope. I can try to generate it but I don't really know where to start (I've tried with the old master but it didn't work well, )

edit: and btw how did you generate tree lod? I'd like to redo it with more diversified GKB trees ; )

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
You need a tree atlas for

You need a tree atlas for that, GKB wants to release it with the next version for his trees, so need to wait.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Contributor
Allright I'll start to

Allright I'll start to replace some trees until then, still hope that SB will release some of his converted trees though.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I'd prefer to have original

I'd prefer to have original trees converted. GKB's ones are great, but not sure that they'll look in place in Skyblivion.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Contributor
Of course, none of the trees

Of course, none of the trees we have can look as lush as the original trees. I hope there is a solution to have billboard trees in skyrim or it won't feel the same (or it will take a lot of polygons to have the same render with skyrim font trees).

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Contributor
Did you see what I said about

Did you see what I said about the Imperial city LOD?  If it's a simple process I could try and add it myself really quickly.  Is it easy to add a lod mesh?

Edit:  Oh, and I'm going to try everything out right now. :)

Edit:  Hey Zilav, I'm not sure if I just did something wrong on my end, but.... the books don't seem to have any text?  Other than that everything looks awesome so far.

sauhan77
sauhan77's picture
assuming i deleted/ copied

assuming i deleted/ copied everything into the right folder (of which i´m pretty sure...) - what could be my mistake, because i got every time a ctd after the loading screen when trying to cow to cyrodiil (and tried about 25 times, also with all other mods deactivated)?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
@Shadow Text is there in

@Shadow

Text is there in master file, so some other issue (wrong mesh?).

@sauhan77

Hard to tell, either wrong install or mod conflicts.

sauhan77
sauhan77's picture
edit

edit: well i´ll post this, maybe it´s of any use:

i had indeed installed everything in the right place, but found what causes 100% ctd for me:

be deleting folders i traced it down to ".../meshes/tes4/dungeons/fortruins/exterior/castle"

this folder seems to contain something that brakes my game, without it everythings running as it should...

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Yes meshes are badly

Yes meshes are badly converted and crash in different places on different systems. Nothing I can do here myself.

sauhan77
sauhan77's picture
so this isn´t a general

so this isn´t a general bugfixing-problem? if anyone wants to look after it i could try to figure out which file(s) are "bad"?

TERAB1T
TERAB1T's picture
I think that to solve a

I think that to solve a problem with books you need to replace in all books "<FONT face=5>" to "<FONT face='$HandwrittenFont'>" and "<font face=1>" to "<font face='$SkyrimBooks'>". But I'm not sure. Also you maybe need to convert all books images from .dds to .png.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Try to update one book in

Try to update one book in TES5Edit and check in game. If it works, I'll write a script to batch update all books.

TERAB1T
TERAB1T's picture
Yes, it works. Also you need

Yes, it works. Also you need to close these tags at the end of a book (</font>). There are some other fonts (2-4), but I'm not sure, where game uses them, and the main fonts are only 1 and 5. Also, there are some problems with formating (I assume its because of a lot of <br> tags).

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Noticed a mesh glitches in

Noticed a mesh glitches in game with lod plugin from Sheo activated. Basically meshes overlap each other with a small shift when you are close to them. Unfortunately setting isFullLOD on cities was not a very good idea, or maybe it is because of bad mesh conversion, or just a buggy Skyrim's engine. Who knows...

Sheo
Sheo's picture
Contributor
all of the above? I will look

all of the above?

I will look into it but I dont think il find anything but we will do this project it will come out

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
There are no cities or

There are no cities or buildings... just the land and guards, barrels etc. What have I done wrong?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Installed meshes in the wrong

Installed meshes in the wrong folder.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
Oh yep

Sweet, yeah I got that sorted out now thanks :)

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Contributor
Hey Zilav, can I have your

Hey Zilav, can I have your permission to move the screenshot on the OP to the very top.  I've just promoted this topic to the front page, and it looks nicer with a screenshot on top. :)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Do what you want.

Do what you want.

Sheo
Sheo's picture
Contributor
Im looking at weather and I

Im looking at weather and I think one of skyrim problemes is grass seems to be independant to normal lighting , I even use an ENB that enhance the shadows and lighting and it still is a bit dull in oblivion , so I am going to try a thew things one , simply desable bloom (I dont want but it want look that bad) then try to copie oblivion actual weather system

Suade
Suade's picture
nevermind got it to work!

nevermind got it to work!

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
honeslty i think oblivion's

honeslty i think oblivion's lighting was over the top. i like skyblivion right now... maybe with a very slight saturation boost but not a lot more. or even a small contrast boost, again very small.

Martin
Martin's picture
Xbox 360

HHey I don't play games on pc but liked oblivion on Xbox 360. I was wondering if anyone is going to making skywind and skyblivion for Xbox 360 because that would be awesome and I won't end up playing these if they are on pc.

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
Contributor
Nope.

Nope. Pc only. It's made for pc. I'm not even sure the xbox has the specs to run it. Not to mention you would have to hack the console to install it.

Trev495
Trev495's picture
There are only barrels and guards and land is purple.

I know LASentry also had this problem. There are no buildings and the land is purple and there are just barrels and guards standing around. Can someone please help me as to which exactly is the proper folder to install all the meshes and textures. Thank you 

Trev495
Trev495's picture
Solved that problem, now I have another

Ok so I was able to fix the land and stuff so now the purple land is gone but my new problem is that there are no buildings anywhere. Can someone please tell how to fix this. Thanks 

SupremeEpicness
Contributor
Re-download the meshes but

Re-download the meshes but this time extract them in to: \Data\Meshes\tes4

Create it if it doesn't already exist

In you tes4 you should see:

architecture

clutter

dungeons

Etc....

Trev495
Trev495's picture
Got it to Work Thank You!

I finally got it to work. Thank you! I also noticed that it crashes pretty frequently if you go inside places. Is there any way to reduce the crashing or is it just something that can't be fixed

SupremeEpicness
Contributor
Trev495 wrote: I finally got

Trev495 wrote:

I finally got it to work. Thank you! I also noticed that it crashes pretty frequently if you go inside places. Is there any way to reduce the crashing or is it just something that can't be fixed

I believe that most crashes are caused by broken nifs now. You'll just have to wait a bit until someone fixes them.

Keyalerong
Keyalerong's picture
difficulties.

First i just want to say, everything you guys have worked on is seriously amazing, and i really look forward to seeing improvements!! 

I am having a bit of trouble figuring out why the command cow tes4tamriel 5 10 is not porting me to the waterfront. it gives me an error outputting " item 'tes4tamriel' not found for paramter WorldSpace, perhaps i have installed something wrong? any help is nice. thanks.

edit: well i got it figured out. silly me thought i could install the Skyblivion Reborn package w/o wyre bash. i was wrong, haha. 

Johann
Johann's picture
Keyalerong wrote: First i

Keyalerong wrote:

First i just want to say, everything you guys have worked on is seriously amazing, and i really look forward to seeing improvements!! 

I am having a bit of trouble figuring out why the command cow tes4tamriel 5 10 is not porting me to the waterfront. it gives me an error outputting " item 'tes4tamriel' not found for paramter WorldSpace, perhaps i have installed something wrong? any help is nice. thanks.

edit: well i got it figured out. silly me thought i could install the Skyblivion Reborn package w/o wyre bash. i was wrong, haha. 

You did something wrong when installing.  It can be installed manually, that's how I did it.

kakren2
kakren2's picture
mod for traveling back and forth between skyrim and cyrodill?

Hi, I Was wondering if someone could make a mod that would allow for fast travel between skyrim and cyrodill, like they did for skywind in the recent update. (skywind version 0.6) I'm certain that y'all are definitley planning on making one sooner or later anyways, seeing as how much of a pain it is to use the "cow tes4tamriel 5 10" console command every time I want to travel back and forth between the two... so I was wondering when do you guys think you will be able to get around to making one? (no pressure or offence intended, just wondering.) oh, and just to let you guys know, the pale pass mod for c201 does not work for this obviously, as it is for a completely different (and obsolete) mod. so no help there... btw just how hard would it be to create a mod such as this in creation kit, because if it's not all that hard and someone could tell me how, I could make it myself...

many thanks!

(oh and on a completely unrelated note, I have both skywind and skyblivion installed on the same copy of skyrim and they work well together so yeah they are completely compatible with each other as far as i can see, and both run full speed no lag or anything such as load time increase! at least for me... thought i'd let you guys know in case any of you were wondering and didn't know already.) thanks for the amazing work guys and keep it up!!!

Johann
Johann's picture
kakren2 wrote: Hi, I Was

kakren2 wrote:

Hi, I Was wondering if someone could make a mod that would allow for fast travel between skyrim and cyrodill, like they did for skywind in the recent update. (skywind version 0.6) I'm certain that y'all are definitley planning on making one sooner or later anyways, seeing as how much of a pain it is to use the "cow tes4tamriel 5 10" console command every time I want to travel back and forth between the two... so I was wondering when do you guys think you will be able to get around to making one? (no pressure or offence intended, just wondering.) oh, and just to let you guys know, the pale pass mod for c201 does not work for this obviously, as it is for a completely different (and obsolete) mod. so no help there... btw just how hard would it be to create a mod such as this in creation kit, because if it's not all that hard and someone could tell me how, I could make it myself...

many thanks!

(oh and on a completely unrelated note, I have both skywind and skyblivion installed on the same copy of skyrim and they work well together so yeah they are completely compatible with each other as far as i can see, and both run full speed no lag or anything such as load time increase! at least for me... thought i'd let you guys know in case any of you were wondering and didn't know already.) thanks for the amazing work guys and keep it up!!!

If you get permission, you could change the pale pass mod so the "door" links to the one in the new Cyrodiil, you just have to make a target door in Cyrodiil and remove the original one from the mod.

kakren2
kakren2's picture
could you make a video on how to do that on youtube?

could you make a video on youtube on how to do that? the pale pass mod can be downloaded from here:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8ouX5WZ7I2oLW5Od3pNSkF0VGc/...

Johann
Johann's picture
kakren2 wrote: could you make

kakren2 wrote:

could you make a video on youtube on how to do that? the pale pass mod can be downloaded from here:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8ouX5WZ7I2oLW5Od3pNSkF0VGc/...

That might be a bit of a problem.  But it's pretty easy to make a new mod based on the old one (this might also be better as changing the original one might cause issues in the future):

1  Download and install the original Skyblivion and the Pale Pass mod, and get the cell coordinates for the "door" in Cyrodiil and also the one in Skyrim.

2  Remove the original Skyblivion and install the Reborn version.  Then make a plugin with doors in the correct cells and link them.  Remember to add map markers on both sides so you can fast travel.  From there you can also add roads later on.

Pages