41 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Welcome to the Skyblivion team [for modders new to the project]

Yeah I know the title is silly xD.

As you guys have probably noticed I created a new topic about getting new modders interested in Skyblivion. This topic is specifically for new people who want to help us out so here we go!

Welcome to morroblivion.com and welcome to the Skyblivion team!

If you are reading this you were contacted by me, someone else or you just found this project and are looking to help out.

There is allot that can/needs to be done so the idea behind this topic is for new modders to report and tell us what they are good at.
By doing this it would be easier to assign you to a task that needs to be done so I thank you forehand for taking the time to do this.
Dont take this the wrong way! you are free to do whatever you like! In fact I encourage this since its more fun to work on something you enjoy doing. This is more to point you in the right direction and find something that you would be interested in.

Wanna get to work or see what can be done?
Click here ----> http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skyblivion-development/6029

More interested in morrowind?
check out the Skywind forums and help out with the morrowind total conversion project.

Welcome to Skyblivion.

My wallpaper: feel free to download

Edited by: Rebelzize on 11/20/2013 - 15:17
Chr1s0g
Chr1s0g's picture
Contributor
Hey Rebelzize Im interested

Hey Rebelzize

Im interested in helping with the project...

I dont claim be the best modeler around however i can do it although my texture work is really really bad. Also i know my way around the creation kit i hope i can help

:)

ryguy621
ryguy621's picture
You contacted me via comment

You contacted me via comment on my Dremora modin the Steam Workshop. I can do Npcs and I can edit weapon stats and stuff but I can't retexture.

Salocin8
Salocin8's picture
You contacted me through my

You contacted me through my Oblivion Armor & Weapons mod.  I'll help in any way I can.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
alright! thats great, I

alright! thats great, I already talked to you on steam and you are currently working on a sword so I cant w8 to see what you managed to create!

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
okey go to my development

okey go to my development forum and see what you want to do there :) we need the to have the origional faces from oblvion so we have to recreate the faces manually. checkout the forums and thnx for helping us out!

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
that would be awesome! if you

that would be awesome! if you could start working on armors that would be amazing! Im going to make a list of available armor that still needs to be done.

SkyrimModding
SkyrimModding's picture
Hi, I'm here cause you

Hi, I'm here cause you invited me.

Maybe some of you know me from the project called The Return to Cyrodiil, yes I have some videos on youtube until I've lost all of my data and that's the reason why I stopped.
You can find my vieo just type The Return to Cyrodiil.

Well I'm good at everything which includes Creation Kit, I'm good at working with it since the oblivion version.Also I'm good at landscaping, interior design or exterior, I'mthe plant expert for importing and creating all kinds of plants from cyrodiil and good at assinging rules to it.
I started doing that with my mod, and had a great progress but I've lost everthing, my idea was to make all plants or flora from cyrodiil to create unique environment so you could take one plant or buy it in cyrodiil and sell it back in skyrim for big price so that's the minor part of the overall crafting system which is good to implement.
My idea was to make connectionlike travelling by cart to cyrodiil and back to skyrim as you meet some old guy on cart near the border and he asks you would you like to travel to cyrodiil etc...

So I'm good at that and I know something with armor and clothes creating, I'm glad I'm here Rebelzize hope you reply!!

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
wow.... Im officialy

wow.... Im officialy impressed :o you wouldnt have any experience with navmeshing would you? either way you can checkout the Skyblivion development forum next to see what you want to do at this point we need to w8 for the 0.2 version to be released to start on some things but for now we have more then enough to do..

here is the other topic: http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skyblivion-development/6029#comment-39263

there is a pretty big list there so pick something that interests you and goodluck. dont forget to keep me/us updated on what ur doing :) post a picture every now and then etc :)

SkyrimModding
SkyrimModding's picture
Navmeshing? pih not a problem

Navmeshing? pih not a problem at all ;)

But as you know it takes a hell of a time ;)

Japanga
Japanga's picture
I joined through LASentry. I

I joined through LASentry.

I will mostly be doing some armor work.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
@Japanga thats great I

@Japanga thats great I recently recruited 2 toher modders who are going to work on armors and weapons too so Im going to make a list, and you can just tell on which weapon/armor type u want to work on (glass,deadric,steel,iron etc) and I will try to just let you guys on whatever you feel like working on :)

Chr1s0g
Chr1s0g's picture
Contributor
hey guys just a quick

hey guys just a quick question?

Do any of you use photoshop cs6 because ive just updated to windows 8.1 and now my DDS Plugin doesnt work. wanted to ask if anyone knew a workaround

Thank you :)

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
Have you tried re-installing

Have you tried re-installing the plugin or even Photoshop?

Chr1s0g
Chr1s0g's picture
Contributor
LASentry wrote: Have you

LASentry wrote:

Have you tried re-installing the plugin or even Photoshop?

Hi thx for the reply LASentry. I fixed the problem is was because i only installed 64bit photoshop an the plugin need 32bit. Dont ask me why but all sorted now thanks :)

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
Don't you have the 64-bit

Don't you have the 64-bit version of PS installed as well?

Aegir
Aegir's picture
I'm a random find, interested

I'm a random find, interested in helping out.  I'm a pro with Photoshop, GoogleSketchup, and Blender, and I dabble in just about everything else I can get my hands on.  I have a ton of experience modding with the TES Construction Kit back in Morrowind and some in Oblivion, but none in Skyrim as of yet.  Let me know if theres somewhere I could help out.

Chr1s0g
Chr1s0g's picture
Contributor
LASentry wrote: Don't you

LASentry wrote:

Don't you have the 64-bit version of PS installed as well?

Yeah when i had the issue i only had 64bit installed. The problem was i needed the 32bit installed as well

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
@Aegir Im glad you found us!

@Aegir
Im glad you found us! we have a topic where you can find a list of things that still need to be done but sincve you are not to experienced with the tes skyrim creation kitt you might wanna start with something simple? we need people to facegen NPC's and recreate clothing. I dont know what you are interesting in doing so just tell me what you would like to do and Im sure that we can find something thats suited for you intrests :)

link to topic: http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skyblivion-development/6029

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
@Aegir What exactly would you

@Aegir

What exactly would you like to do? CK work or a bit of modeling?

Quite a lot of people can work in CK, but only a few can model unfortunately. If you can help with meshes, that would be great. For example LOD models. Here is our current LOD:

http://i.imgur.com/Z4cqWPa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1FDWv8r.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iDLBzJl.jpg

It was converted from RAEVWD mod for oblivion http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20053/?, but unfortunately LOD system in Skyrim is different compared to Oblivion. First, textures can't be wrapped so we unwrapped them programmatically which obviously gave bad UV as you can see on screenshots. Skyrim LOD meshes also can't have a translation in nif (farm house is flying in the air). Skyrim also has a limited number of available lod textures per worldspace, but some RAEVWD meshes use even 4-5 textures and need to be reduced to only 1. And several meshes are not even low poly at all there.

Can you try to remake/fix those meshes for fort ruins and farmhouses for starters? You can either make them from scratch using oblivion originals or fix RAEVWD ones. Check Skyrim LOD meshes on how they should be done.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
I love seeing the unreleased

I love seeing the unreleased Skyblivion stuff :D

MinotaurusPro
MinotaurusPro's picture
Contributor
Hey, my name is Carter and I
Hey, my name is Carter and I am the author of the silly mod "Realm of the Wang Lord" (as well as a couple other mods) and I am interested in joining the Skyblivion team. My strong suit is Retexture/Texture Design and I am also good at Cell/World Design (making rooms/interiors and exterior worlds). If you need someone like that on the team, I am happy to lend a hand in any way I can!
this3is0sparta0
this3is0sparta0's picture
Hey rebelzize, this is

Hey rebelzize, this is this3is0sparta0 you sent me a message on steam about modding. i am interested in helping out. please update me when you can. thanks :)

Aegir
Aegir's picture
I'm good with doing just

I'm good with doing just about anything.  I'll check out those links you sent me in a bit and hopefully get to work.  Where do I go to download the latest Skyblivion build, and submit my stuff?  <- Found it nevermind!

SPAM223
SPAM223's picture
Hey Rebelzize, you contacted

Hey Rebelzize, you contacted me on my Steam mod Unique Clothing Made Craftable. 

I wanted to see if I could help out.

I can change and edit stats on armor and weapons, and I could easily figure out how to make/modify NPC's. Unfortunately, I don't know how to retexture, but I might be able to learn how (no promises). I will try to see if I can further extend my knowledge of the more complex parts of the creation kit and modding so I could help in more ways.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
at this point we could really

at this point we could really use people who can texture and moddel (skyblivion is in pre-aplha so we need to get everything in game first) 

There is another forum that you could checkout: http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skyblivion-development/6029

see if there's anything that you want/can do and if not my brothers in arms working on Skywind might be able to use you skills :)

welcome to morroblivion!

Wiseling
Wiseling's picture
Hi Rebelzize, I spoke to you

Hi Rebelzize, I spoke to you about doing some NPC facegens. I've started working from the letter J. 

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Wiseling Okey man but you

Wiseling

Okey man :) but you should check the Skyblivion dev topic to see if no-one claimed it yet.. I checked for you and it is availible but doing this urself will save me some time :p

goodluck and dont be afraid to ask questions.

Wiseling
Wiseling's picture
Yup, already checked  Half

Yup, already checked 

Half way done

TheLakerOne
TheLakerOne's picture
Already PMed you Rebelzize

Already PMed you Rebelzize ^^

I got some experience with the CK, can do NPCs and stuff like that, already made quite a few mods I never uploaded for me and my friends, maybe I can also learn how to texture/retexture... Id really like to support you guys. :)

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
I was just about to reply

I was just about to reply :p Ive been away for a while so Im gonna read up on the progress thats been made and answering my priv messages. you'll hear from me soon enough

TheLakerOne
TheLakerOne's picture
Im sorry I couldnt post any

Im sorry I couldnt post any earlier, been busy all the time with Christmas and stuff. Anyways, as Rebelzize suggested, Im gonna do the B- and C-NPCs and will start working on them as soon as 0.2 is released.

LWorm
LWorm's picture
Will you need any landscapers

Will you need any landscapers when version .2 comes out?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Only as a separate standalone

Only as a separate standalone mod for Skyblivion.

Skyblivion itself must be a direct port to be compatible with Oblivion landscape mods, for example Unique Landscapes.

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
LWorm wrote: Will you need

LWorm wrote:

Will you need any landscapers when version .2 comes out?

Already being worked on by me.

LukasEnricBS
LukasEnricBS's picture
I found this randomly. I have

I found this randomly. I have some experience with both the TES Construction kit and the Creation Kit; sadly I can't say I'm an expert in either.

I'd love to give a helping hand with anything; if there's anything you'd need someone like me to do that is.

Liquid Resonance
Liquid Resonance's picture
Hey! My name is Anton. I'm

Hey! My name is Anton. I'm fairly new to modding but i've done a few quests and dungeons. My favourite thing in CK is to design and clutter dungeons and i'd be thrilled if you would let me help! :D

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
alright thats great! we are

@Liquid Resonance

alright thats great! we are currently waiting for the 0.2 release to get started but in the meantime you might want to give facegen a shot?

Liquid Resonance
Liquid Resonance's picture
I don't quite know what

I don't quite know what facegen is, nor how to use it, is there a tutorial? what am i supposed to do with it?

Acheryus
Acheryus's picture
Hello, i really want to help

Hello, i really want to help with this project, i can do concept art if any is needed, just "PM" me i we can discuss what you would like me to do.

FaelanDeFas
FaelanDeFas's picture
Hey, I talked to you on

Hey, I talked to you on youtube about changing the imperial armors for the sake of lore, well I dug my 2011 suite of 3dsmax out of the attic and have been hard at work once i finished everything will you accept them?