Pages

736 posts / 0 new
Last post
bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
The problem is that I used

The problem is that I used the original L facegens as a basis for my revisions, and skyblivion.esm is not one of its parent masters. I am unable to run skyblivion.esm and SB_FaceGens_L.esp simultaneously without CK crashing during the load. I don't know a way around this without starting entirely from scratch.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Hey guys, I've begun to work

Hey guys, I've begun to work on facegen for A characters. I have like 5 of them done already, and I'll post screenshots of them later. If you guys could, please note this on the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Johann
Johann's picture
bobafett131 wrote:

bobafett131 wrote:

The problem is that I used the original L facegens as a basis for my revisions, and skyblivion.esm is not one of its parent masters. I am unable to run skyblivion.esm and SB_FaceGens_L.esp simultaneously without CK crashing during the load. I don't know a way around this without starting entirely from scratch.

Did you perform the required ini edit?  I can load the Skyrim and Skyblivion 0.1 masters (both full size) without crashing.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
What's the required ini edit?

Here are the revised files for facegens for L characters. I also added all the Leyawiin Guard facegens. This time I made sure the files were created using the skyblivion.esm parent master.

AttachmentSize
File geomtint.rar11.56 MB
Binary Data sb_facegens_l.esp19.05 KB
ChaosEpoch
ChaosEpoch's picture
I see many unfinished facegen

I see many unfinished facegen letters assigned to someone called bigbobblehead, is he still around and doing them?

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
@Bobafett, sorry I don't

@Bobafett, sorry I don't think those are right either. You don't make the npcs, you just edit the ones that already exist in the master file.

The faces look really good, however you might want to stick to using the presets for the skin color, some of them especially the orcs will look really weird ingame. 

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
@ChaosEpoch, we could share

@ChaosEpoch, we could share the facegening for the jobs he's never finished if that's okay with all of you guys.

@Rovan3011 I'll get to fixing that problem right away.

ChaosEpoch
ChaosEpoch's picture
sure thing, if it's ok for me

sure thing, if it's ok for me to start on A then I'll get get onto it. I was asking just in case it was actually getting worked on and I didn't want to needlessly start something.

I'm presuming from what I've read in the past page and a half I'll need to go back in this conversation a little more in order to read up on some specifics for the character port work. one thing however, is there anything I need to specifically worry about should I run into a undefined variable, such as a missing spell etc... or is it just purely worrying about the facegen at this stage. 

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
@ChaosEpoch, actually I've

@ChaosEpoch, actually I've already started on A, so you could start on the next letter that's not already done. And don't worry about undefined variables/missing spells or stuff like that. Just work on the facegen for now.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
I'm working on "B" so make

I'm working on "B" so make sure you don't do that one.

ChaosEpoch
ChaosEpoch's picture
ok, so what letters are free,

ok, so what letters are free, can we get an updated list. 

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
UndeadDremora hasnt been

UndeadDremora hasnt been offnline for over 7 months so the face's he worked on and completed will probably never reach us. The letters W X Y and Z are now open again so facegen away!

Im sorry for not responding to messages but Ive been AWOL for while. Im updating spreadsheets and responding now :)

goodluck and thanks for the help!

ChaosEpoch
ChaosEpoch's picture
ok, thank you for the

ok, thank you for the response. I'll start on D, doing things alphabetically. 

ChaosEpoch
ChaosEpoch's picture
I just noticed an actor

I just noticed an actor missing from the .esm, one miss Dahlia Rackham who is an NPC from the dunbarrow cove addon. are these NPCs going to be added? 

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Maybe later. The current

Maybe later. The current Skyblivion.esm is original Oblivion master file with SI expansion only.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Hey guys, I've just finalized

Hey guys, I've just finalized my facegens for the L characters. ​I've made improvements to the accuracy of character faces and skin colors. Also, Rebelzize, I noticed that you marked L as done recently, but the file does not actually contain all the necessary L characters. If you can, please edit the spreadsheet to credit me for L characters as well. Let me know what all you guys think.

AttachmentSize
File geomtint.rar10.9 MB
Binary Data l_facegens.esp25.27 KB
ChaosEpoch
ChaosEpoch's picture
here's an update from me,

here's an update from me, roughly 11 characters so far but I'm looking for comments on these two in particular. 

https://imgur.com/a/9MTHp

the cat is just one of the generic dark brotherhood characters after that questline is completed, but I'm looking for comments on the fur coloration and how that works, since the vanilla version is a really bright red. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:OB-npc-Murderer_Swordsman.jpg

the wood elf I worry for two reasons, one that he looks way too skyrim generic and two he looks nothing like his vanilla counterpart for lack of having any bald options available. so I instead tried to emulate the hunter/fletcher-blacksmith characteristics he poses as best I could. I'm aware of how horrendous the skin tone is and will be correcting it by the next character test I do. 

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
ChaosEpoch, you have Oblivion

ChaosEpoch, you have Oblivion for PC, right? If so, then get the Construction Set for Oblivion. I open one instance of the Creation Kit and one of the Construction Set and open the file of the same NPC in each. It makes your facegen more accurate when you can compare both counterparts of the character side-by-side. That's my facegen method and I think it would work well for you. If not, you could just google each NPC, but you will lose accuracy in your facegen and be at a disadvantage in facegening guards and other nameless NPCs. Let me know what you think.

ChaosEpoch
ChaosEpoch's picture
yeah, I got oblivion

yeah, I got oblivion available to do that method mentioned and was even think of doing so, but so far the wiki images have served their purpose well and I haven't felt like I needed to. the reason I posted my comment was because I was looking for people's thoughts on the fur coloration on the cat and... how workable the elf draelin is, because quite honestly I hate how he looks like that guy from riverwood, and pretty much every other wood elf in skyrim because they all look the same. 

making the cat's fur redder causes the face to look more alike, but to my eye makes the rest of his body look way too strange. I don't know, maybe I'm just nitpicking things here.

as with guards and (generic) nameless NPC's, my thoughts are that you can make them look however you want and essentially be as creative as you want. the guards in oblivion are a bunch of clones and my guess is that the skyrim guards all had closed helms on to try and remove the consistency look. with other people, not so much.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Chaos, if you'd like, you

Chaos, if you'd like, you could send me what you have so far and I'll make some edits for you. I've made quite a few wood elves and Khajiits in my L and A facegens, so I could improve what you currently have. Then I'd post it here so you can continue. That way, you have a good idea of how to facegen other characters of these races. If not, then just try many different skin tones for those races and go with the one you feel is closest. That's what I did.

ChaosEpoch
ChaosEpoch's picture
updated the album with

updated the album with additional actors and tweaks to the ones posted. the only thing I could ask help for is the argonians that I have, since I have the face bug for them. unless there is an ini tweak or somewhere that you guys know about, google came up with nothing. Dar Je I did with the full view but needs work, especially with face colour. 

orgint
orgint's picture
Just curious, what happened

Just curious, what happened to the original facegens done last year? Are those all gone??

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Those were for Skywind.

Those were for Skywind.

orgint
orgint's picture
Wow... Last night when I

Wow... Last night when I posted this, I was either completely incompetent or inebriated, or some combination thereof... How I didn't realize I was in the wrong forum... lol thanks.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Hey Rebelzize, mark me down

Hey Rebelzize, mark me down for W, X, Y, and Z facegens. Thanks.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
updated facegen list again,

updated facegen list again, tell me if there's something amiss :)

bobafett131 gave you credit for L and replaced files with your improved ones. goodluck and thanks.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
I just finished facegening W,

I just finished facegening W, X, Y, and Z characters. I put a lot of effort into them, but the Argonians were hard to edit because of the face bug. As a result, the Argonian facegens may seem sloppy. 

AttachmentSize
File geomtint.rar3.8 MB
Binary Data wxyz_facegens.esp9.67 KB
Johann
Johann's picture
I'm currently having issues

I'm currently having issues with my computer (and then there's also other stuff like work).  I'll try to get back to Facegen ASAP, however if it happens that I'm holding the project back, then someone is of course free to do it (or let me know so I can finish what I'm busy with, and give that).

EDIT:  I see I'm no longer on the spreadsheet,  I'm doing G.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Finally finished "B" facegen.

Finally finished "B" facegen. It took a while to get all of the guards done. Images here: http://imgur.com/a/rKrGB

I'll tackle "E" next.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data bfacegen.esp112.62 KB
File tintgeom.7z5.28 MB
bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Rovan, they look really good.

Rovan, they look really good. There's just one thing I would like to suggest that you could improve. Make Baurus' skin darker so he looks more like a Redguard, adjust his weight, and try to make his face match the Oblivion version as much as possible.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Oh yeah, I meant to do that,

Oh yeah, I meant to do that, I just never got around to it. I'll fix that later today.

Edit: Okay, I got that fixed. I updated the original file I posted above.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
That's some quality stuff :)

That's some quality stuff :)

There probably will be a public release once facegen is done, verified and merged.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Since I just finished W, X, Y

Since I just finished W, X, Y, and Z, I've recently been working on U facegens. I realize someone is already supposed to do it, but it's been a long time already and I can probably finish them within a few more days. If possible, please mark me down for U facegens.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
I'm having some trouble

I'm having some trouble getting a good model of Emperor Uriel Septim. I'm looking for suggestions on which one of these are best, or what I should change. I tried to get the facial structure as close as possible, even though it doesn't really look like it due to oblivion's faces being so weirdly shaped. I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to change the race from Imperial to Elder, since that might look a lot better.

Anyways here they are, some of them are based on his appearance in TES I: Arena here:  

Edit: I think he's technically under "E" for facegen since that's where he is in the wiki, and that's what I've been using. However I could see him being under "U" as well.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Rovan, I've actually already

Rovan, I've actually already made a model for Uriel Septim because he's under U. 

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
The UESP has him under "E" so

The UESP has him under "E" so that's what I'm following to be consistent. Also in the creation kit it starts with E. However if yours is better we should definitely use it instead. I'm curious to see what you did for him.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
That one looks cool, I don't

That one looks cool, I don't think there are any hairs that would quite fit for it though.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
I mostly based my model of

I mostly based my model of Uriel Septim off his Oblivion appearance. 

http://i.imgur.com/lVcnEUY.jpg

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Here's a better picture with

Here's a better picture with the Emperor's Robes:

http://i.imgur.com/LPjbkxn.png

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
I think you got the facial

I think you got the facial structure as close as possible, but the colors could be tweaked. In Oblivion its kind of red around his forehead and nose, as well as the eyes being a bit bluer.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Rovan, could you tell me the

Here are the U facegens. And Rovan, let me know what you think of my final version of Uriel Septim. 

AttachmentSize
File geomtint.rar5.05 MB
Binary Data u_facegens.esp11.48 KB
bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Hey guys, I just completed

Hey guys, I just completed facegens for K characters as well. 

AttachmentSize
File geomtint.rar4.69 MB
Binary Data k_facegens.esp10.34 KB
Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Finished "E" for facegen. I

Finished "E" for facegen. I'll have pictures some time later, it might be a while though.

I'm going to work on "F" now.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data efacegen.esp18.04 KB
File geomtinte.7z2.54 MB
bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Wow, we're making a lot of

Wow, we're making a lot of progress with this, Rovan!

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Hey guys, when I do

Hey guys, when I do facegening for generic NPCs like town guards and Arena Combatants, should I try to recreate the faces of their Oblivion counterparts, or could I give them unique appearances that I create myself?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Anything better than the same

Anything better than the same gray face would work

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Finished "F". Gonna do "P"

Finished "F". Gonna do "P" and "Q" next ("Q" only has one NPC).

AttachmentSize
Binary Data ffacegen.esp27.47 KB
File geomtintf.7z2.92 MB
bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
I just realized that my

I just realized that my geomtint archive for my WXYZ facegens did not include the skyblivion.esm folder within Facegeom and facetint. Here is a reupload of it. 

AttachmentSize
File wxyz_geomtint.rar3.8 MB
Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Here's "Q" and "P". Getting

Here's "Q" and "P". Getting "O" next.

Looks like we're about %65 done with facegen, there's nine letters remaining with only "M" and "V" unclaimed still.  

AttachmentSize
Binary Data pqfacegen.esp31.27 KB
File geomtintqp.7z2.57 MB
Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
I finished "O". Took a while

I finished "O". Took a while cause I've been busy with IRL stuff, but anyway here it is.

I've also been going back and fixing a lot of problems in some of the previous letters I did. A lot of them were missing a few people, and I had the folder structure wrong. I also wasn't quite happy with the way some of them looked. As I fix them I'll be posting them here again.

These should be used instead of the ones I posted before.

So far I got "T" completely fixed, and all the I'll add the others as soon as I make sure they're all good.

Edit: Got "S" and "R" and the other ones will be quicker since they have less mistakes. 

Edit2: "E", "F"  "P", and "Q" are up.

Edit3: Okay done with all the fixing, I guess I'll work on "M" next.

AttachmentSize
Package icon facegen_b.zip12.4 MB
Binary Data bfacegen.esp112.62 KB
Package icon facegen_e.zip5.59 MB
Binary Data efacegen.esp18.06 KB
Package icon facegen_f.zip8.12 MB
Binary Data ffacegen.esp27.55 KB
Package icon facegen_m.zip21.94 MB
Binary Data mfacegen.esp78.68 KB
Package icon facegen_o.zip3.55 MB
Binary Data ofacegen.esp14.07 KB
Package icon facegen_r.zip5.4 MB