Finished "T". View here

I'm going to work on "R" now.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data tfacegen.esp26.26 KB
File geomtint.7z3.02 MB
Jasonfortheworld
Jasonfortheworld's picture
I've worked with the creation

I've worked with the creation kit for a while now and I'm Interested in helping out with the NPC recreation.  Who exactly to I contact about that and what do I need to do/get to start working?

MadStuff
MadStuff's picture
I added all Quest where

I added all Quest where should i upload that ?

Sir Aiedail
Sir Aiedail's picture
I'll dig myself into

I'll dig myself into converting those weapons. Already got the elven longsword working. Oblivions textures are just 512x512, they looking pretty nice in Skyrim.

Edit: Ok, converting staffs instead of elven swords :D

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
All weapons were converted

All weapons were converted except staffs, though some of them need fixing like blood decals.

Armors and clothes are not converted at all.

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
Regarding the staffs, I did

Regarding the staffs, I did port Apotheosis some time ago, and that model is used for other staffs as well.

Sir Aiedail
Sir Aiedail's picture
I just found that there are

While looking through weapons in CK I actually found all Oblivion's staves inside the snipped Skyblivion.esm. They just need some value adjusting and the correct models (all are set to DragonPriestStaff3rd.nif by now).

I can't edit them though and I don't really want to make new ones on top of them.

Edit: Never mind. It looks like almost everything from Oblivion got converted into Skyrim objects and use Oblivion meshes that you extract into meshes/tes4/<Oblivion's folders> (same for textures).

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Should I post completed

Should I post completed facegen here, or should I PM them to Zilav or Rebelzize?

Edit: How are you guys viewing the weapons? When I look at them in the Creation Kit they're just giant error symbols.

Zesty
Zesty's picture
If you downloaded this "http:

If you downloaded this http://tesrenewal.com/forums/skyblivion-development/skyblivi... then that's why. That doesn't include the meshes.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Ah okay, that makes sense.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Where are people getting the file with all the meshes and stuff?

Zesty
Zesty's picture
I think only the team has it

I think only the team has the full version, you probably would need to talk to zilav about getting it. I don't have them myself either.

Sir Aiedail
Sir Aiedail's picture
The weapons/armors/etc will

The weapons/armors/etc will point to their appropriate meshes as soon as you extracted them from Oblivion's meshes.bsa into Skyrim\Data\meshes\tes4 (which will cancel a whole bunch of warnings when loading skyblivion.esm in CK as well), otherwise they will all point to DragonPriestStaff3rd. But those meshes aren't compatible to Skyrim, so a big error marker is shown. So it's up to developers and volunteers to convert those meshes.

The Skyblivion.esm Zesty mentioned (the link will work when you delete the single quotation mark " at the end), is snipped/stripped to reduce loading time/memory usage. That's likely the reason why weapon meshes aren't included either.

The full .esm should be released when version 0.2 is reached.

Zesty
Zesty's picture
I'm actually testing out

I'm actually testing out converting some armor right now, if I succeed I will continue to convert more armor.

Sir Aiedail
Sir Aiedail's picture
I actually got the meshes for

I actually got the meshes for some boots working. Don't know why it won't show the textures though.

Edit: Issues are solved, looking forward to a full Blackwood armor in Skyrim soon.

@Rebelzize: You may put me into your armors spreadsheet. Something like the first five sets for now.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
My progress on "R" for

My progress on "R" for facegen: http://imgur.com/a/F82xL

One thing to note: NPCs look a lot older in the CK, than they do in-game. :\

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
mighty fine work Rovan! 

mighty fine work Rovan! 

PB-Zachypooh
PB-Zachypooh's picture
Ive been following this

Ive been following this project for a little while and im going to try to help as best as i can. Ill be able to do things such as navmesh and facegen. As of now, my computer is fried but ill be getting a new one soon and will update you guys asap. For now i will be following you guys on my phone until then

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Finished "R". View here: http

Finished "R". View here: http://imgur.com/a/F82xL

Is it okay if I work on "B" now? I don't think anyone else is working on it right now. 

AttachmentSize
Binary Data rfacegen.esp32.74 KB
Package icon geomtint.zip9.66 MB
naton566
naton566's picture
I'm currently working on "U"

I'm currently working on "U" for FaceGen and was just wondering what the concensus was for facial hair? considering everyone in oblivion was as smooth as a baby.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Yeah, I've been adding facial

Yeah, I've been adding facial hair if it fits their character, or if looks like they have some in Oblivion. It's okay to add as long as it's vanilla.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
If someone claimed facegening

If someone claimed facegening for a letter and doing it for months while others can do the same in few days, screw that and do it. The only thing that matters is the result here and now. And by result I mean esp and tint files posted here.

I'm thankful for anyone willing to help, but such an easy task as facegen should not be taking months and even weeks, it causes unnecessary delays for the whole project.

Johann
Johann's picture
Just so you people know, I

Just so you people know, I finally got back to the CK.  I don't think someone completed the G facegen in my place, so I'll just continue with that.

PB-Zachypooh
PB-Zachypooh's picture
Idk if dev is too early to

Idk if dev is too early to ask this but when both skywind and skyblivion are finished would you be able to have them both installed without conflicts. Just wondering because i think it would be cool to create new file and choose between skyrim, morrowind, and cyrodiil

Johann
Johann's picture
It'll probably work fine that

It'll probably work fine that way, but I can't say for sure.

Johann
Johann's picture
While busy with the Facegen,

While busy with the Facegen, I just noticed that I have issues with the Argonians (I see the mouth and eyes, but nothing else), so I'll skip them for now and do the rest.  If I manage to get it fixed, I'll also do them, but for now I'll leave them so I can get the rest finished.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Yeah that seems to be an

Yeah that seems to be an issue with Argonians in the creation kit. If you set the preview to "full" you can see their face without problem. 

Johann
Johann's picture
I'll try that, thanks.

I'll try that, thanks.

ndmunic
ndmunic's picture
Hi,

Hi,

Nate here. I was wondering if there was any way I could help spread the word about this project. I will be attending Emerson College in Boston in a few weeks for Broadcast Journalism. I might be able to do an article or something to get the word out. Or I might be even able to get on the radio. 

Would this be helpful?

Nate

Johann
Johann's picture
While it would be nice, I'd

While it would be nice, I'd personally not do it.  Skyblivion, Skywind and Morroblivion are technically illegal.  As it is, Bethesda seems to tolerate it, but I'd rather not mess with them.  And I'd especially not anger their legal team by advertising the projects like that.

lazynumber13
lazynumber13's picture
I don't know if these

I don't know if these projects are legal or not, but they have got a lot of media attention in the past, I don't see why this would be different. Skyblivion needs more contributors, so I don't think it is a bad idea.

Johann
Johann's picture
It's because of a C&D order

It's because of a C&D order that Nexusmods doesn't want anything to do with these projects.  So while it would be nice to have more people working on the project, I personally don't want to mess with them.  Like I said.  It seems like Bethesda decided to ignore the projects, but things might change if we make too much of a scene and anger others who may own some of the assets (the above C&D was because Bethesda didn't own all the Morrowind assets and they were in danger of legal trouble themselves).

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Actually I'm pretty sure

Actually I'm pretty sure there are no legal problems with any of the projects. There have already been articles about them written so anymore won't hurt us.

hanansk16
hanansk16's picture
Ok, hopefully I've not

Ok, hopefully I've not beggared anything up...

These should be the files for C's FaceGen (thank you Rovan for the help). I haven't had a chance to check them over and I'm going to be away for the next two weeks so if there's anything wrong or anything needs doing/changing, drop me a pm Reb and I'll sort it out as soon as I'm back!

AttachmentSize
File facegeom.7z2.04 MB
File facetint.7z682.75 KB
gundamsoldert
gundamsoldert's picture
I don't mean to sound cocky

I don't mean to sound cocky but I'm pretty eager to help out with some of the weapons on the spreadsheet, thing is I've never used any 3D modeling programs. Could somebody suggest me one so I can start working on a set? 

Antottro
Antottro's picture
I don't see why they would be

I don't see why they would be illegal? they are still free mods and even ask for the original games (morrowind/oblivion) of it was illegal trust me we would have heard about it a long time ago. If the project still work is that Beth accept if for now atleast and don't have any prob with it. It's not like we never seen a mod being shot down. Ppl here wouldn't waste tons of hours if it was illegal and possibly closed :P i think they put lot of attention to make sure it stays fine. An example is SquallyDaBean, he already did videos with hundreds of thousands of view so its not like Beth wasn't aware of what's going on here and same with Rebz

Edit: just look at Morroblivion. Its the same type of project at Skywind and still no problem even if it is known for way longer.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
gundamsoldert wrote:

gundamsoldert wrote:

I don't mean to sound cocky but I'm pretty eager to help out with some of the weapons on the spreadsheet, thing is I've never used any 3D modeling programs. Could somebody suggest me one so I can start working on a set? 

Blender is one that a lot of people use. You can also get 3ds Max and Maya student versions from autodesk.

JJUSA12
JJUSA12's picture
I've been meaning to upload

I've been meaning to upload this so here it is FaceGen N

http://download1646.mediafire.com/p57eew8mzbig/65g5e3y1kcjznfe/N_FaceGen.zip

Johann
Johann's picture
Antottro wrote:

Antottro wrote:

I don't see why they would be illegal? they are still free mods and even ask for the original games (morrowind/oblivion) of it was illegal trust me we would have heard about it a long time ago.

(snip)

As I said, it is technically illegal, and if it holds any possible danger to Bethesda (for example with the assets in Morrowind that some other company owned which could have ended with Bethesda getting sued), their legal team probably won't let it continue.  As it is now though, it looks like they decided to just let it be.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
I'm making progress on "B"

I'm making progress on "B" for facegen. Images here: http://imgur.com/a/rKrGB

Antottro
Antottro's picture
I like the work you are doing

I like the work you are doing Rovan but why Baeralorn for exemple has blond hair and beard when it was black in oblivion? just curious. Would be cool if you could put the originals with the ones you made so we can compare them :P

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
I based it off this image

I based it off this image where the hair looks blonde. Also I was thinking about doing the comparison images, but it already takes a while to get the pictures as is. I still might do it if I can find the time.

Edit: I found another picture of him, and you're right. I'll make sure to fix that. :)

Antottro
Antottro's picture
Thanks for your fast reply!

Thanks for your fast reply!

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Okay I fixed the hair and

Okay I fixed the hair and also changed a few facial features. 

Antottro
Antottro's picture
Perfect!

Perfect!

Johann
Johann's picture
I just got back to the CK

I just got back to the CK (yes, it took me that long), and checked that issue with the Argonians.  It seems that if I choose a full preview I can see the NPC, but nothing changes if I try to make adjustments.  I'll continue with the other NPCs, but for now it looks like someone else will have to take my plugin at some point and finish what I can't do.

Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
The preview doesn't update

The preview doesn't update automatically when it's in full mode. You have to recheck the box if you want the changes to show.

Johann
Johann's picture
That sucks.  Well, thanks

That sucks.  Well, thanks anyway for clearing that up.

bobafett131
bobafett131's picture
Hey guys, this is my first

Hey guys, this is my first facegen. On the spreadsheet, I read that the L files had already been uploaded but they were not marked as "Done," so I revised all of them to make them look better. Let me know what you guys think. 

AttachmentSize
File geomtint.7z1.69 MB
Binary Data sb_facegens_l.esp9.09 KB
Rovan3011
Rovan3011's picture
Contributor
Those files won't work, you

Those files won't work, you have to make the NPCs using the Skyblivion master file: https://tesrenewal.com/forums/skyblivion-development/skybliv...

Pages