zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Too early to even discuss.

Too early to even discuss.

Johann
Johann's picture
Where can I get the details

Where can I get the details of how to create the faces?  I checked in the old thread but I'm not sure if the video that was linked there is outdated.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
sorry for the absence in the

sorry for the absence in the last few weeks.. I will answer all questions in PM's 

(expect more absence for a while)

Johann
Johann's picture
Thanks for the answer.  I'm

Thanks for the answer.  I'm too lazy to look at the number of NPCs in each group, so I'll just take G.

Johann
Johann's picture
Should I change the race to

Should I change the race to DarkElfRace , etc or should it stay the same?  If it must stay the same, how do I get to the Character Gen tabs?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
NPCs already should have

NPCs already should have correct races and sex as in Oblivion. If not for some reason (dunno how it could have happened), then change their race.

Johann
Johann's picture
The NPCs that I'm changing

The NPCs that I'm changing are set as DarkElf, etc but I can only see the Character Gen tabs if I set it to the Skyrim races (the ones with the Race suffix), so I take it I should change them to that?

Johann
Johann's picture
Oh, and just to make sure, is

Oh, and just to make sure, is the master file Skyblivion or Oblivion_sk?  I still have both installed.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Skyblivion.esm

Skyblivion.esm

I don't know what's the problem with CK. I used the same NPC converter as in Skywind, and don't remember anyone mentioning wrong races or no access to facegen.

Johann
Johann's picture
It seems I had the wrong

It seems I had the wrong master.  I'll check if it works right with the other one.

Johann
Johann's picture
It works now, thanks.  While

It works now, thanks.  While I'm working on the first face, how do I export the faces?  I remember something about that they need to be exported.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
http://www.creationkit.com

http://www.creationkit.com/Dark_Face_Bug

You will need to upload esp, nif and dds files when finished with some letter (tga files are not needed).

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
spreadsheet update facegen G

spreadsheet update facegen G claimed by Johann

Goodluck!

Johann
Johann's picture
I ran into a problem

I ran into a problem exporting the facegen data.  After adjusting Gadeneri Ralvel's face, I selected her under Actors -> Actor, pressed ctrl-F4 and confirmed it, but I can't find the nif and dds files.  I looked in the paths mentioned in the above link, and did a search for any dds files that were modified/created recently but I couldn't find it.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I don't know, it worked for

I don't know, it worked for me when I tried last time after running a face randomizer script. But didn't like the result, manual facegen looks better.

Johann
Johann's picture
Ok.  I'll continue with a

Ok.  I'll continue with a next NPC and export them later.  I take it that won't be a problem?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
You can select multiple

You can select multiple before pressing Ctrl+F4

Johann
Johann's picture
Just to be sure, should it be

Just to be sure, should it be in subfolders under skyrim\Data\Meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom and skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\facetint?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Check wiki link

Check wiki link

Data\Meshes\actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyblivion.esm\01234567.nif
Johann
Johann's picture
I still haven't gotten it to

I still haven't gotten it to work.  Is there anything I can try that might help?  If I remember I'll post screenshots tomorrow.

MarkusLiberty
MarkusLiberty's picture
Contributor
Hello SkyBlivion. I'm one of

Hello SkyBlivion. I'm one of the lead artists on Beyond Skyrim and I was recently made aware that your project is recreating assets in order to replace ported content. If this is the case I think we should get together some form of collaboration so that we won't be recreating the same assets.

We have a large collection of recreated tileset with High Definition texture packs, most of them are made by me. I'm willing to offer parts of my work in exchange of asset based collaboration. Assuming of course you guys are in fact re-creating assets and have something to offer in exchange.

Johann
Johann's picture
I think that would be great.

I think that would be great.  Although you'll have to hear from those in charge.

snafredson
snafredson's picture
Oh my, I thought Skyblivion

Oh my, I thought Skyblivion was a project not taken seriously because of lack of interest or some other (rather strange) reason :)

I'm a composer, singer and educated music teacher. I absolutely love Oblivion and would gladly compose for the mod. If you are going for new music/new versions of the original music that is? I saw something about just copying the files but didn't understand if that was just to begin with? Just to demo my work; here's links to two tracks of mine: the first with a more classical touch and the second a more Elder Scrolls like track from some years ago.

https://soundcloud.com/fredrik-jonasson/where-to-hide

https://soundcloud.com/fredrik-jonasson/wayfarer

Until next time!

Fredrik

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Thanks, sounds great. I think

Thanks, sounds great. I think Wayfarer can be used in Skyblivion environments video right now, very atmospheric.

Unfortunately there is noone to supervise music and sounds for Skyblivion atm, so maybe you can help with Skywind meanwhile. It has a good organization for music assets.

snafredson
snafredson's picture
Thanks zilav, I dropped a

Thanks zilav, I dropped a comment for Skywind recently too actually. I get the impression that I came into that conversation a bit late perhaps. And yeah, if there's for example a mod video that some of my music would fit that's perfect. And I'll be composing more Elder Scrolls like tunes in the time to come. 

Ulfengaard
Ulfengaard's picture
I arrived here from the link

I arrived here from the link in the video saying that you could use some help. I don't mind doing some navmeshing. That's easy work. But, I wouldn't know where to start. Is there a particular thread or area I should look at for guidance in that regard?

beowulf6666
beowulf6666's picture
i wish to contribute...im

i wish to contribute...im curious if the priorities have been updated lately...and if so...PM me about whats top priority and get me going (if not...set me up for navmeshing)

cheers

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
All helpers please refer to

All helpers please refer to Skywind development threads, they have a lot of jobs opened. And this is how you join the team and can help later with Skyblivion too.

Johann
Johann's picture
I haven't gotten around to

I haven't gotten around to the CK again, but I was wondering.  If I do the facegen and upload the esp, will it be possible for someone else to export the nif and dds files?  That way I can do what my CK allows me to do, and exporting doesn't take as long.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I can, but it means an extra

I can, but it means an extra work for me. Also without generating those, you can't check yourself how NPCs look in game, and that is not good. But still, any handmade facegen is better than none at all.

Johann
Johann's picture
So do you think I should

So do you think I should continue generating it?  I'll check again if I manage to find the problem, but I've also been told that the CK has a reputation for weird issues and our internet isn't reliable so I'd prefer not to have to re-install a bunch of stuff from the net.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
As I said, anything handmade

As I said, anything handmade is better than nothing at all.

CLMorris
CLMorris's picture
snafredson wrote:

snafredson wrote:

Thanks zilav, I dropped a comment for Skywind recently too actually. I get the impression that I came into that conversation a bit late perhaps. And yeah, if there's for example a mod video that some of my music would fit that's perfect. And I'll be composing more Elder Scrolls like tunes in the time to come. 

Has anyone coordinated with you yet? Let me know...

Whiskey75
Whiskey75's picture
just throwin this out there;

just throwin this out there; i can do some voice acting if needed. PM me if it is :D i'm always glad to help

Whiskey75
Whiskey75's picture
just throwin this out there;

just throwin this out there; i can do some voice acting if needed. PM me if it is :D I'm always glad to help

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
We wont need voice acting

We wont need voice acting

Nycterix
Nycterix's picture
I would love to collaborate

I would love to collaborate with the project. TES IV: Oblivion was my entry on the saga and I keep a great feeling about it so the Oblivion-Skyrim mix is a phenomenal idea imho.

My knowledge about programming or modeling is so bad so I'm in with the Facegen if there's any free slot for me there. 

PD: I'm from Spain and my english kinda sucks, sorry about it :)

Johann
Johann's picture
Just check the spreadsheet in

Just check the spreadsheet in the first post, and say what letter you'll do.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
as Johan said look at the

as Johan said look at the spreadsheet and pick a letter that isnt being worked on :)

Nycterix
Nycterix's picture
Thank you both for the reply.

Thank you both for the reply. But what means each letter? If I choose the D, for example, I make the faces of the people that start with that letter?

Johann
Johann's picture
Yes.  It's like they said to

Yes.  It's like they said to me (I can't remember who said it).  If you choose M, then you do all characters whose names start with M (Martin, etc).

Nycterix
Nycterix's picture
Johann wrote:

Johann wrote:

Yes.  It's like they said to me (I can't remember who said it).  If you choose M, then you do all characters whose names start with M (Martin, etc).

Ok, so many thanks!

So, I will start with the F and, if its posibble, the H. 

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Master file for facegen and
Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
@Nycterix

@Nycterix

Updated the spreadsheet and F is all yours! goodluck.   @zilav I added the development master to the spreadsheet for convenience sake :)
wolfokami321
wolfokami321's picture
Can you also upload the

Can you also upload the latest Sky-blivion un-stripped esm? and a guide on how to install it? i'd like to take a stab at fixing some things.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
The only fixing tasks that

The only fixing tasks that require full master are navmeshing, quests and lighting overhaul similar to RLO and ELFX mods for Skyrim. And those are quite big and time consuming jobs also needed in Skywind, so you better start there, become a contributor (and gain access to full Skyblivion) and work on Skyblivion later.

Other minor tasks are doable with the master I posted. For example all books and notes use the same art object when reading, so someone need to go through all of them and assign more appropriate models.

MarkusLiberty
MarkusLiberty's picture
Contributor
From the lack of response I

From the lack of response I take it you guys are not interested in asset collaboration with Beyond Skyrim? By the looks of it, you guys aren't actually recreating environmental assets yet, so I'm guessing that's the reason.

If you change your mind drop by out forums at Dark Creations, our work is of a higher quality than that of Oblivion, se we expect the same in return.

Kind Regards, Markus Liberty

-Environment artist

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
It is just because there is

It is just because there is noone to reply. There is no Skyblivion "team", no leaders, no modelers, etc. Just nobody who can even reply to your question. Everyone is working on Skywind.

MarkusLiberty
MarkusLiberty's picture
Contributor
I didn't know that, thanks

I didn't know that, thanks for the information Zilav.

Kind Regards, Markus Liberty

-Environment artist

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
I wish to take a block but

I wish to take a block but which NPCs are in What block? 

Pages