Pages

1112 posts / 0 new
Last post
zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Please contact with EGKnight,

Please contact with EGKnight, he created a separate thread devoted to navmeshing. I would like you (and others) to coordinate all navmeshing job without my participation actually, because 1) I'm noob at mavmeshing 2) have other tasks to do

Devolved
Devolved's picture
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

I wanted to help the project out. I'd like to help with navmeshing if that is what is currently needed. I have a few hundred hours logged in the CK, and have released a few mods on the nexus for Skyrim, Star Wars BF2, and Vampire bloodlines. I've also done landscaping for High Rock and Cyrodiil for beyond skyrim.

Should I get in contact with EGKnight like the above post says?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Yes, try to contact him first

Yes, try to contact him first or others guys posted in navmeshing thread. Several people expressed the will to navmesh already, I gave them all instructions, but have no clue what's the progress.

If noone replies, then PM me.

Devolved
Devolved's picture
Thanks Zilav, he's got in

Thanks Zilav, he's got in touch we me and we are sorting some work out.

Fjnanfag
Fjnanfag's picture
Hello modders,

Hello modders,

I sincerely hope this isn't the wrong topic, but it stated that it was about "what's being done".

I've watched the progress videos of Skyblivion and they look stellar, but are the menu/GUI/sound effects also going to be updated with the Oblivion-esque look? The Skyrim menu feels so out of place and dull in such a high-fantasy and colorful environment. I think it is a pretty vital element for a great experience.

Everything below this is just TL;DR and a bit of rambling.

I just found this project yesterday and I am amazed this even exists! The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is by far my favorite Elder Scrolls game and perhaps my favorite game of all time. I put hundreds if not a thousand + hours into this game, most of which was just on the Xbox 360 playing the stock game.

When Skyrim came out I was very excited because I love snow-type areas and very much like the Winter time in real life. But I was astonished just how bland I found the game. I played it for about a week and then I was done with it. Of course, I rationalized that when I had become older my taste had changed, or that the game was simply too similar to Oblivion and I had enough of that experience. Yet I felt I still saw Oblivion in a slightly more positive light compared to Skyrim. So I searched the net and I was shocked to see almost nobody prefers Oblivion to Skyrim. Anyway I let that rest.

About a month ago I started playing The Witcher 3: Wild hunt and found it such an enjoyable experience, a bit like experiencing Oblivion for the first time. Then I remembered there was a project out there which was going to be a total conversion mod called Nehrim (already fuly released long ago) and decided to play that. Just an amazing experience again. But just the menus, the sound effects and such reminded me of Oblivion and realized just how much I loved that game to death.

Of course it wasn't long until I found this project. Watching the progress videos--stunning! I am so glad there is still love for this game enough that a select few are spending their precious time making it. I am a heavy magic user and I loved the magic system in Oblivion so much. Such a large selection of spells and effects. The only thing that could've been better was Conjuration. The spells should've lasted longer, the summoned creatures should've been the same as the ones in the wild (also leveling/just as strong/also able to summon themselves). What made it even more fun was the variety of enemies and dungeon crawling (Elven Ruins!). I never cared that most were computer-generated; I loved them all the same and there was always a new dungeon, crypt, tomb, or ruin to check out and explore with many different enemies. I tried that in Skyrim... and well, it was hard enough to find a dungeon to begin with, let alone an undead-filled one, or god forbid a different enemy than a Draugr (not even going to mention the lack of Daedra, Goblin clans, specialized bandits and their ring leaders). And the quests: Oblivion had a stellar questline for each guild and the Mages Guild was especially grand (Arcane University). Skyrim's questlines on the other hand I beat within three or four days. Was it just me or were there like a maximum of four or five quests in total for each?

But yeah... that was just a bit of praising and an inane rant. Am just so happy to see that this mod exists while in 2011/2012--and now still--all I could find for Oblivion was hate. Great to see in the videos of the in development city that there is so much love for a faithful recreation; I myself still remember every nook and cranny of every landscape... or bedroom. Will follow it with great anticipation and want to thank the team even beforehand.

EDIT: Just out of pure curiosity, and I am in no way asking any of you to actually go through with this: Aside from the obvious complications of having to create in-between and wholly new areas/content in order to keep an accurate scale, how difficult would it be to increase the world size 4 times as big (twice the height and width)? I know the Engine can technically take it since that cancelled Lord of the Rings mod was going to be seven times as big as Skyrim, but how difficult would it actually be? Surely there must be a way to import the original height map and import it from there. Set a custom water height and whatnot. Looking at the videos, you guys are faithfully reproducing most things mostly manually anyway, so looking at it in terms of greenery/pseudo-random scenery it would not be much different development wise, no? I'm merely asking because when playing Oblivion I could never help thinking of how the experience would be like if it were as described in lore (and because I do a fair bit of modding myself so I can't help being curious about the development process of some mods from time to time). In some ways it might actually be a more boring experience unless you also increase the amount of enemies x4 times, in which case there might even be fight fatigue simply walking from one location to the other. Most games being released seem to be roughly the same size ranging from 25 to 100 square miles or so. Maybe that's the golden zone for the best experience one can have. But it's rather odd because some games do support fast travel and some don't. I can imagine if you make a game without fast travel you can't make it too big (just travelling from one town to the next would not really be feasible), but I highly doubt game developers are making their games with the hardcore non-fast travelling gamers in mind. Daggerfall did try to accomplish this, strangely enough.

Regards.

bigkahuna360
bigkahuna360's picture
Hello, I joined to ask what

Hello, I joined to ask what the difficulty scale would be to start navmeshing? Just did a little searching about it and got a little interested.

I'm new to everything that isn't playing the game so please bear with me! :)

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Donor
Everyone who has commented

Everyone who has commented about navmeshing has gotten a PM from me with detailed instructions, if you asked about doing navmeshing check you inbox and follow the given instructions.

Thank you and happy Holidays.

Dykthemonkey
Dykthemonkey's picture
This probably is a stupid

This probably is a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway: Doesn't the skyblivion master file need assets other than those within skyrim data folder to load? I've tried running it on the CK, but it keeps telling me I have missing files...

Ormin
Ormin's picture
Contributor
Yup, you need the assets

Yup, you need the assets build which I'm not even sure if it's public or not

locutor99
locutor99's picture
If you need professional

If you need professional voice overs for these videos you can see the voice over rates in:http://www.locutortv.es/budgets_and_rates.htm and free you can download a love poem:http://www.amorypoesia.es

locutor77
locutor77's picture
You can find cheap voiceovers

You can find cheap voiceovers for the production videos in:  http://www.locutortv.es/voiceovers.htm   . These are the voice over rates: http://www.locutortv.es/budgets_and_rates.htm .  The royalty free music is free. 

mrpotato44
mrpotato44's picture
Is this still being worked on

Is this still being worked on?

Harrock
Harrock's picture
Absoloutely! Navmesh for the

Absoloutely! Navmesh for the whole of tamriel now nearly complete and clothes conversion well underway. Navmesh completion will then allow us to deal with AI and Quests.

aerisarn
aerisarn's picture
Contributor
And creature conversion is

And creature conversion is slowly progressing

Harrock
Harrock's picture
Nice! are you doing oblivion

Nice! are you doing oblivion style creatures already in skyrim like wolves/horses etc as well?

LostJak
LostJak's picture
Any other active members

Any other active members working on Skyblivion currently, please post here too It would be good to get an idea of how many people are developing for Skyblivion atm besides the navmeshing team.

@aerisarn Really nice to know that! Do you have any finished creature that you plan on uploading so we could replace those damn falmers or any other placeholders? :P

El Greavesy
El Greavesy's picture
I'm still silently working on

I'm still silently working on clothes ;)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Me and Ormin are still here

Me and Ormin are still here doing our backstage black magic

Harrock
Harrock's picture
Great to hear Zilav!

Great to hear Zilav!

Guys we've started a steam group for us Skyblivion devs to all chat about progress/ideas etc and there will soon be somewhere to upload WIP stuff. Any active developers please add me on steam and I'll invite you in! 

aerisarn
aerisarn's picture
Contributor
@LostJak: Right now I made

@LostJak: Right now I made some iteration converting all the creatures into skyrim engine. The goal is to have all the original creatures without dependancy on skyrim assets. I still have to lay down behaviors for those, so right now they are placeholders that just play the animation idle, but all the animations and skeleton have already been successfully converted. I have some bugs on collisions and I'm trying to sort out an automatic method to sort them out, worst case they'll need some handwork to be finished, but they'll work.

I'll keep you all informed of any progress

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
aerisarn wrote:

aerisarn wrote:

I'll keep you all informed of any progress

And that's what I like and what still keeps me on tesrenewal in general. It somehow has a magic to attract talented and devoted people from over the world (and pleasure working with them.) Something that hardly happens on official forum, nexus and other modding sites.

Devolved
Devolved's picture
I'm still with the navmeshing

I'm still with the navmeshing guys doing ... well ... navmeshing ...

Hopefully at this point we will have a working navmesh in a single .esm in about 3 months I reckon. No guarantees though. LostJak, Harrock, and Yazza have all been active with the navmeshing, it's awesome to see the progress.

"Me and Ormin are still here doing our backstage black magic".
I thought it was "Mysticism"

LostJak
LostJak's picture
@aerisarn: Great! Having all

@aerisarn: Great! Having all the creatures, with the animations and skeleton successfully converted to the skyrim engine is a tremendous progress, isn't it? It's very good to know that such progress has been made, because these creatures were a remarkable part of Oblivion (now, Skyblivion). I'll be looking forward to see them!

@zilav: Exactly! Being around people like this get you inspired to do your share and help the project going further. We are not far from our goal at this point, I guess :D

-

I do think we'll have a useful esm for Skyblivion in a few months aswell, Devolved. Great progress has been done with Tamriel, and now IC is the only city that needs it's interiors meshed.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Finished navmeshing opens up

Finished navmeshing opens up development of AI packages. They were already converted by Ormin, I fixed and cleaned them up a bit but they still require manual testing, fixing and adjusting. However I do expect a lot of them to work "out of the box" just by looking at their data in TES5Eit.

Skyblivion can finally become alive with patrolling guards and walking citizens.

We will also be moving to Skyrim Special Edition *if* they will not change the format of meshes as it is always the biggest issue.

aerisarn
aerisarn's picture
Contributor
LostJak wrote:

LostJak wrote:

@aerisarn: Great! Having all the creatures, with the animations and skeleton successfully converted to the skyrim engine is a tremendous progress, isn't it? It's very good to know that such progress has been made, because these creatures were a remarkable part of Oblivion (now, Skyblivion). I'll be looking forward to see them!

At this rate, I may have a beta version by the end of August. I hope to release the minotaur sooner though as a proof of concept, thanks to all the debugging made by Anvil Citizen, sadly I have to write a tool from scratch to manipulate behaviors.

You can follow my attempts here: https://github.com/aerisarn/hkxlib, the library is almost done and I have already coded most of the GUI, next big block will be reversing and regenerating the animation cache and the Havok ragdolls, but FNIS already does that so at least tha cache part is feasible. I Will need some help on the ragdolling .

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Cryogen4000 said that you

Cryogen4000 said that you didn't reply to him, maybe he can help if AnvilCitizen is not available right now.

ErrorCraftLP
ErrorCraftLP's picture
Hi,

Hi,

I'm following this project for some time now and I finally want to help with this. I don't have any huge skills, but I can do some basic work with the Creation Kit and I have a lot of free time currently. Are there currently some tasks that are not too difficult?

Harrock
Harrock's picture
Hi ErrorCraftLP,

Hi ErrorCraftLP,

There certainly are! How are you at navmeshing? That's the main job for now. Please feel free to add me on steam, name is 'Harrock' :)

ErrorCraftLP
ErrorCraftLP's picture
Added you on steam :)

Added you on steam :)

I've watched a video about navmeshing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JGpfOLiLic) recently and experimented with it in the CK. I just saw that there are some Shivering Isles interiors left and I could try to navmesh them.

Publick Gamer
Publick Gamer's picture
Hi, I was meaning to offer to

Hi, I was meaning to offer to help out a few weeks back, but then I started work on my Skyrim mod 'opening scene overhaul' and I focused all my time on that, so I ended up forgetting about Skyblivion. But I'm more or less done with that now and ready to help with navmeshing, of which I have no prior experience. But, if I can figure out how to make a fully voiced follower and edit the very fragile helgen opening, surely navmeshing is a piece of cake!  Any guidance on how to get skyblivion and start helping will be appreciated! Also, which areas still need navmeshing?

LostJak
LostJak's picture
Hey Publick Gamer. Navmeshing

Hey Publick Gamer. Navmeshing is not really hard, yeah, just requires patience and a good level of commitment to deliver high quality meshes. You can check what has been done and what still needs to be claimed here, in our spreadsheet: https://sites.google.com/site/porkbunsyum/elder-scrolls/skyb...

Add me(username: LostJak) or Yazza(username: yazza1993) on Steam and we'll send you the test esp (one settlement and one cave) so you can show us that you can navmesh properly after watching the tutorials. Then, we can get you assigned to something! We are focusing on Imperial City interiors for now.

LostJak
LostJak's picture
Hey Publick Gamer. Navmeshing

Edit: I've just posted the same thing twice and can't manage to delete it.

nicotinecaffeine
nicotinecaffeine's picture
I would like to help as well.

I would like to help as well.. Alas, i've seen only now the whole thing. My skills are limited to import models, i know nothing of navmesh...

aerisarn
aerisarn's picture
Contributor
There is some handwork to be

There is some handwork to be done on creature meshes, if you're interested. PM me

Hori
Hori's picture
Is there a github page for

Is there a github page for this project? If not, will there be one? I think that would speed up development a lot, since it's really easy for people to contribute using git.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
If someone can provide

If someone can provide git with unlimited space, then sure.

Boncey
Boncey's picture
Github provides unlimited

Github provides unlimited space.

0003mg
0003mg's picture
We recommend repositories be

We recommend repositories be kept under 1GB each. This limit is easy to stay within if large files are kept out of the repository. If your repository exceeds 1GB, you might receive a polite email from GitHub Support requesting that you reduce the size of the repository to bring it back down.

In addition, we place a strict limit of files exceeding 100 MB in size. For more information, see "Working with large files."

From https://help.github.com/articles/what-is-my-disk-quota/

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
1GB is nothing.

1GB is nothing.

Skyblivion.esm is 250MB alone, I'm not even talking about other files.

seafox
seafox's picture
zilav wrote:

zilav wrote:

1GB is nothing.

Skyblivion.esm is 250MB alone, I'm not even talking about other files.

Speaking of the Skyblivion files, is there some official place to get them? Or is there no official version, and everyone working on Skyblivion has their own version of the files, so when someone wants an up-to-date version of everything, each individual working on Skyblivion has to be contacted and asked for their most recent work?

If the problem is that there is no place like Github that can host all of the files due to size, perhaps the files can be distributed via a bittorrent file. Many large projects such as Linux distributions use torrent files to distribute large files.

imran
imran's picture
Dear, where can I get the

Dear, where can I get the most recent updated Skyblivion files?

nicotinecaffeine
nicotinecaffeine's picture
Still i don't understand why

Still i don't understand why you wanted to import ALL oblivion armors... I mean, some are undoubtedly necessary, but why import the iron armor and alike for example, Skyrim already has them, and they're far better looking than the oblivion ones... Just a curiosity eh

no1
no1's picture
te would look out of place..

te would look out of place..

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
nicotinecaffeine wrote:

nicotinecaffeine wrote:

Still i don't understand why you wanted to import ALL oblivion armors... I mean, some are undoubtedly necessary, but why import the iron armor and alike for example, Skyrim already has them, and they're far better looking than the oblivion ones... Just a curiosity eh

Because as soon as you put something from Skyrim into Oblivion world, it starts looking like Skyrim. At least for me.

omgwtfun
omgwtfun's picture
Will Skyblivion be like

Will Skyblivion be like Skywind where everything is being remade and reworked? or is it just going to be a port to Skyrim's engine? If the plan is currently the first one, is it possible to change it to the latter if there is a large enough demand for it?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
1. Port.

1. Port.

2. Possibility depends on people willing to work and spend their time, not on their large demand.

joshm4789
joshm4789's picture
Any Mindless Grunt Work that

Any Mindless Grunt Work that needs to be done. Until i find a job (unlikely to be to soon given the area.) I'm Available 24/7 so I can do whatever as long as its not crazy hard and require prior knowledge or require creativity of any sorts.

Mcloganator
Mcloganator's picture
Contributor
There's always navmeshing. It

There's always navmeshing. It's not that hard to learn.

llde
llde's picture
Regarding the master:

Regarding the master: If CK and skyrim itself cannot handle a stripped Skyrim.esm + a complete Skyblivion.esm, should be possible to just have a completly standalone master? A sort of Total Conversion similar on the work from the Endereal Team. This in the extreme case where a complete working optimized master still has too much overhead for the game to handle.

Also (this may also interest the skywind folks):

there is a bug on skyrim savegame when if you have too much string to be saved the save just become corrupt: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3924850-corrup... Don't know if you know this bug. Not so fun fact, the game save on the string table also aliases and script properties.

joshm4789
joshm4789's picture
Anything specific i need from

Anything specific i need from yall to get started?? Ive got both games and the creation kit but im assuming there is something from yall i need.

Pages