363 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Skyblivion development What is being done and What can YOU do.

Development.

Skyblivion Master for development: http://tesrenewal.com/forums/skyblivion-development/skyblivion-02-development

This topic exists out of 2 parts:

Available and Taken jobs, 
If something is already taken it means that some AWESOME individual is already working on this... but if you think that you can be of help you can simply message them and see if you can collaborate and make something even better together.

• Available [Development]

Spreadsheets will be added shortly, unfortunately it takes allot of time to make them.

Claim jobs while you still can! Its important that you mention below what you are doing so that you wont start working on something thats already being done or completed. I will add your names to the spreadsheet on whatever you are working on.

​​Priority:
high
high/medium
medium
low

• Navmeshing [not needed until further notice]
    We need people for this job who know what they're doing (professionals if you will)
    We need navmeshing. With a working collisions it will be possible. Without navmeshes we can't go on with AI packages and quests. I'm talking about hand made high quality navmeshes, not autogenerated ones. Skyblivion is 2x times bigger than Skyrim, and 4x than Skywind, and we have a risk of bloating master file to the point of overloading CK. Navmeshes must be highly optimized using absolutely minimum number of islands and triangles to be small in size. -Zilav

• Creatures and monsters [not needed untill further notice]:
    Creatures are what makes a game interesting to play and the same goes with oblivion. some of the vanilla Skyrim creatures and monsters can be used to replace the oblivion one's but allot of creatures have to be created from the ground up. we currently have no-one working on this so feel free to volunteer.

List of creatures and monsters: http://goo.gl/iVrtc
    (with images, just scroll down)

Spreadsheet:

• FaceGen NPC's:
    As we know all NPC's have a unique look and the aim obviously is to have every NPC in Skyblivion. Certain NPC's have unique features and at this point all NPC's look alike.. We have to manually try to recreate the faces as good as possible.

• Spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkkstYyGaw-CdERXWE4yVFc2QXRraVhQT1lNXzcxUlE#gid=0

List of NPC's: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Oblivion-NPCs
    (images included)

• Quests[not needed until further notice]:
  • All great TES games have a ton of quests and the same thing goes for Oblivion. Soooo you've probably figured out that we need those quests to work in Skyblivion... so here is a list of all quests that need to be converted. Main quest has the highest priority.​

List of quests: http://goo.gl/gj4oZ

Facebook group for Skyblivion development: https://www.facebook.com/groups/696511390359591/

(just an idea I had, same thing was done for skywind voice acting)

Wallpapers:

Feel free to download :)

For additional questions PM me.

Edited by: Rebelzize on 10/18/2014 - 03:09
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
It basically is on track,

It basically is on track, it's just that we are waiting for the files from Ormin. Zilav mentioned that it's pretty stable, which should leave a good base for quests and things like that. Obviously it's not as easy as it sounds, there will probably be a few complications just like there have been for Skywind.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Zilav posted these today in

Zilav posted these today in chat. Skyblivion is doing okay from what I read in chat. Ormin recently found out about meshes having a -0 and trying to do something about that. I do know that collision was converted from Oblivion, which results in little to no crashes. Havok was added to clutter, so you can FUS RO DAH stuff for fun and watch it scatter everywhere.

http://i.imgur.com/kNMR5d2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/J1mVyIO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iEUtKln.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/L3kqNUt.jpg

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
Contributor
I think we should prioritize

I think we should prioritize the work as well as listing what has and hasn't been done.

like important Middle unimportant

Quest Recreation

Mesh Fixing

Spell Creation

Dungeon Lighting

Face Gen

Misc Detail

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I will make this clear. 1.

I will make this clear.

1. Wait for 0.2 release because master file has changed since 0.1

2. We need to facegen NPCs like it was in Skywind, basically go through all of them and create a similar faces to originals. Can be done now with 0.1

3. We need navmeshing. With a working collisions it will be possible. Without navmeshes we can't go on with AI packages and quests. I'm talking about hand made high quality navmeshes, not autogenerated ones. Skyblivion is 2x times bigger than Skyrim, and 4x than Skywind, and we have a risk of bloating master file to the point of overloading CK. Navmeshes must be highly optimized using absolutely minimum number of islands and triangles to be small in size.

4. Modeling job: weapons, armors, trees and LOD models (Ormin converted LOD from oblivion, but a lot of meshes there aren't good at all). This can be done with 0.1 since models don't depend on master file.

Thats the list of jobs for now. The easiest one available to anyone that can be started now is faces.

p.s. I would like people to help with Skywind first. Please work on Skyblivion only if you are absolutely not interested in Skywind for some reason.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
thats great news! Cant w8 to

thats great news! Cant w8 to FUS RO DAH shit without crashes :D

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
thats a prett good idea!

thats a prett good idea! thnx mate gonna use that as soon as I start making the list :)

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
I had heard about that yes

I had heard about that yes :) this post is meant for when the 0.2 version is released.

Alright I will start adding those and more to the list with a short description. thnx for the help.

and thnx for promoting me to community manager xD

its more acknowledging then anything else but Im gonna try to do the best I can either way

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
I had heard about that yes

I had heard about that yes :) this post is meant for when the 0.2 version is released.

Alright I will start adding those and more to the list with a short description. thnx for the help.

and thnx for promoting me to community manager xD

its more acknowledging then anything else but Im gonna try to do the best I can either way

SupremeEpicness
SupremeEpicness's picture
Contributor
You should just edit your

You should just edit your posts, rather then bloating the page with new posts.

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
Contributor
SupremeEpicness wrote: I

SupremeEpicness wrote:

I think we should prioritize the work as well as listing what has and hasn't been done.

like important Middle unimportant

Quest Recreation...

HI SupremeEpicness -

I'd like to volunteer for Quest Recreation and ai. I know I can't handle all quests, so maybe if there are certain quests more important than others, please pm me to let me know which ones would be best to do.

Thanks and have a good one!

UndeadDremora
UndeadDremora's picture
i'm starting on facegen. just

i'm starting on facegen. just finished zahrasha and will work my way up from there. i'll try to knock out all the z's characters.....well, ok more than that lol sincei  just realized there's only 2. so i'll let you know how far i get.

anathemastudio
anathemastudio's picture
Contributor
Just a thought - For voice

Just a thought -

For voice actors, there is this site http://voicebunny.com/

You can get a lot of actors, very cheap in most cases.
A lot of games and mods use them.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
anathemastudio wrote: HI

anathemastudio wrote:

HI SupremeEpicness -

I'd like to volunteer for Quest Recreation and ai. I know I can't handle all quests, so maybe if there are certain quests more important than others, please pm me to let me know which ones would be best to do.

Thanks and have a good one!

Its probably best if we start with the main quest first. this could help the project out in its early stages... once we get 0.2 the game should be way more playable with way less CTD's showing working quests could get the project some more attention... also the main quest is the most important quests in the game  so it would make sense for us to try and finish that 1 first :)
thnx for helping out!

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Great! I was thinking about

Great! I was thinking about doing facegen myself but Im to busy to even upkeep my own yt channel atm. maybe we could work towards each other? I can start with a and go down from there you have already started with z so thats already taken care off :)
thnx on behalf of every oblivion fan :D (me included)

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
They actually sound really

They actually sound really good but I'd rather get fans of the game to do voice over though.. plus we have no budget so where not gonna be able to pay for this :/

once we start working on Skyblivion and show how great everything looks more and more people should get interested in the project and since modding is for everyone most of them will volunteer for voice acting (just look at skywind) luckily for us oblivion already had ALLOT of voices so voice acting isnt really a problem :)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Don't do quests. Yet.

Don't do quests. Yet.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
I know titel says w8 for .02

I know :) titel says w8 for .02 to be releases.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Don't do quests at all even

Don't do quests at all even after 0.2. Yet. We will try to convert them.

We also don't need flora, only trees and bushes.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Alright. I will update the

Alright. I will update the post. thnx for letting me know :)

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
People I have great news! we

People I have great news! we  ( I  >:D) have found a gold mine... his name on the forums is SkyrimModding and he is a LEGEND! thought i'd update you guys. Skyblivion is gonna rock the foundations of modding/total conversion!

CiaranB123
CiaranB123's picture
Contributor
So will Skyblivion need new

So will Skyblivion need new voice acting? Seeing as pretty much all of it can be ported over from Oblivion I didn't think it would.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
No, but I'm planning to batch

No, but I'm planning to batch edit voices to get some more variation.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
@CiaranB123 No we do

@CiaranB123
No :) we do however need help re-creating NPC's (which isnt that hard for people new to the creation kitt) so if you are interested in that...

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
regarding quests, even if we

regarding quests, even if we get to convertthem, there will certainly be some manual steps to follow (scripting, testing, etc..), so you can start a tracker like I did for skywind.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
Yeah that's what I suggested

Yeah that's what I suggested before, but I thought it would be more beneficial for the person who's actually merging them to make the spreadsheet. Either that or just unlock the page.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Agree, but dialogs are not

Agree, but dialogs are not even converted yet.

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Contributor
Please don't tweak too much

Please don't tweak too much the voices, so we can replace them easily with our own language : )

Also, I don't really see the point to recreate flora, weapons, armors etc since unlike morrowind, the originals are pretty fine...

no1
no1's picture
agrea whit that most oblivion

agrea whit that most oblivion stuf looks good whit just beeing in the skyrim engine 

but i never dislike improvments like i really like this guy's mithril armor 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=79349739

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
@anthelius ​ You are right

@anthelius

You are right and Im going to remove flora :p meant to do it yesterday but I ran into some ''problems''
 there will be allot of changes to the topic and some of us will allow us to finnaly start working on moddeling without having discussions over who is doing what (spreadsheet)

thnx for letting me know though and you where totally right :) and as far as tweaking voices goes.. so far thats 1 of may idea's to possible improve skyblivion :) lets try to get some moddeling and navmessing etc done before we are going to discuss the voices :p
as far as I see it we can go both ways (no-homo)

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
the thing is dat though

the thing is dat though oblivion and skyrim have the same armor/weapons they look very different so I dont really know what we are going to do with this... some have already started converting armor etc a while back so I take it that we are going to remake everything :)

and thats mith armor looks BADASSS

anthelius
anthelius's picture
Contributor
I've already converted almost

I've already converted almost all the weapons (looks in the mod section) and they look perfectly fine, someone volunteered for armor conversion too (and they will have splitted cuirass/greaves, unlike the armor in the link).

Vivec
Vivec's picture
I think we should keep all

I think we should keep all the same weapons and armour unless there is some Skyrim remake that looks nearly exactly the same in design but is higher res and more detailed.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
@Vivec ​Yeah those were my

@Vivec
​Yeah those were my thoughts too but no-one could tell me 4 sure if we were going to make all armor ourselves or if we were gonna convert everything. Im glad that we have it sorted out though and I will correct the description as soon as I get acces to the damn topic again xD

we could however use people to re-texture the armor/weapons to make them look better.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
@anthelius ​Alright thnx for

@anthelius
​Alright thnx for letting me know. should I add all the missing amors/weapons to the spreadsheet as ''not done'' or are you going to moddel the missing one's?

Or should I get rid of armors and weapons all together (if everything is already being converted/done?

Vivec
Vivec's picture
http://oblivion.nexusmods.com

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43852//?

Those are some nice weapon retextures for Oblivion. It keeps them looking close to the same, just more detailed.

no1
no1's picture
Vivec

Vivec wrote:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43852//?

Those are some nice weapon retextures for Oblivion. It keeps them looking close to the same, just more detailed.

that the same guy ho got a few killer morrowind weapons in a skyrim mod  but i remember getting permission from hime stil isn't successful whats sad because hey got a lot of super stuf that would help skywind and skyblivion

also about the armors and weapons i would say make a list to ceep track of everthing conferted than when thats done start whit replacing it whit improved stuf so it dont gets to confusing and it done gets messy whit 1/3 conferted 1/3 remade 1/3 not done 

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
People interested in

People interested in modeling armor etc might be interested in this......

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33641//?

Chr1s0g
Chr1s0g's picture
Contributor
Hey Guys Ive been working on

Hey Guys

Ive been working on porting the Madness weapons from shivering isles

here is what ive got up to so far

Edit: dont worry about the blobs on the axe if sorted it :)

AttachmentSize
Sword.png727.4 KB
axe.png756.22 KB
Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
@Chr1s0g ​I know Im talking

@Chr1s0g
I know Im talking to u on steam atm but I have to say again that they look great!
And yes you said that u suck at texturing stuff but it doesn look half bad :)

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
Here are the TES4 > TES5

Here are the TES4 > TES5 converted shields (37 Models + Textures).
There is no plugin to support these at the moment, assets only.

Chr1s0g
Chr1s0g's picture
Contributor
Nice work man loving the

Nice work man loving the shields :)

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
@Sjors Boomschors Thats a
Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
I will continue on the rest

I will continue on the rest of the armor parts.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
I have almost figured out how

I have almost figured out how to convert all the helmets.

Rebelzize
Rebelzize's picture
Contributor
Nice works Sjors! There will

Nice works Sjors! There will be some concept art coming in for creatures btw :D

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
anathemastudio wrote: Just a

anathemastudio wrote:

Just a thought -

For voice actors, there is this site http://voicebunny.com/

You can get a lot of actors, very cheap in most cases.
A lot of games and mods use them.

Oblivion is fully voiced. We can make it so the person can just copy and paste the voices from oblivion but we will not provide the files to avoid copy right issues.

Also We cant do anything environment, navmesh, quest wise or anything that involves interiors or exteriors untill the crashing issues with the current models are fixed.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
So I guess that scraps my

So I guess that scraps my idea of editing the pitches of the voices to get more variation and avoid copyright infringement? 

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
LASentry wrote: So I guess

LASentry wrote:

So I guess that scraps my idea of editing the pitches of the voices to get more variation and avoid copyright infringement? 

Simply modifying the pitch would sound horrible regardless. Even on that note i was thinking. all the meshes that have to be modified to fix. to avoid issues with Bethesda i wonder if we can just pass them off as a optimization mod for oblivion but they totally work in our skyoblivion mod as well ;) ;) 

What we need to focus on is getting this stable and getting all the cells into the skyrim engine with as little crashes as possible. Then work on navmeshes and then Quests and Npcs. However NPCS can be worked on through the enter prosses of getting us off the ground but shouldnt be the main focus until later 

even on this note. Skyoblivion doesn't need nearly as much work as Skywind. Skyrim and oblivion are very similar and are made in relatively the same generation. We can simply make people copy assets from oblivion into skyrim (granted there are a lot of broken meshes but im sure its possible to provide a download for that)  Texture packs will more then likely be compatable such as quarl's texture pack 3.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
Sound horrible? No, I wasn't

Sound horrible? No, I wasn't meaning drastically, just a bit.

LASentry
LASentry's picture
Contributor
Donor
And yes texture packs are

And yes texture packs are already compatible, I was using QTP 3 a while ago.

Pages