10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
[Anvil] Navemesh progress

Right now all exteriors within the walled area are done, just have to go back and set preferred pathing. After doing that I am going to start working on interiors. Then I will go back and finish the cells that had partial building space.

AttachmentSize
Image icon Anvil_NavMesh_1.jpg339.1 KB
Edited by: Turn2TES on 06/12/2013 - 19:28
LASentry
LASentry's picture
Donor
Awesome!!

Awesome!!

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
Anvil seems to crash ALOT

Anvil seems to crash ALOT even without navmesh.

The best I have been able to do is to get it to run long enough to hit the guards with fire so they will run away. This is the only way I know, without adding AI, to get them to run across borders. Cells seemed to be stitched together and there are a couple of spots that I need to take off preferred pathing and/or make ledges so they will stop trying to run through short walls that are to tall to walk up (Waist High),  It is hard to judge the size of a short wall in CK.

I have been able to get it to run for a few minutes but sometimes it crashes soon as it tries to load the screen. and it does the same thing with or without my navmesh esp enabled. So I think the navmesh will be ok once Anvil is more stable.

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
Just an update, I've been

Just an update, I've been working on The Tamriel side of Anvil (Everything outside the wall, and then the immediate wilderness areas outside those cells. I've tried the auto generate on some cells with no roads or structures in them, and it works ok, just have to clean it up.

I know I've asked this before but I can't find it. Is all of the navmesh saved inside of the esp itself, or is there something else you need to share?  Right now the file is only 144KB.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Navmeshes are stored in

Navmeshes are stored in esp/esm, only scripts in Skyrim are external files.

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
Remember this is a work in

Remember this is a work in progress,

Anvil No building interiors done yet

outside area inside the wall Complete

Tamriel Anvil area (outside the wall) 1//3 to 1/2 complete

Give it a try or a look in CK and see if there are any suggestions

Remember a work in progress

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
If you are interested in

If you are interested in using the NavMesh attached above and adding to it be my guest, it is better than starting from scratch. I have been side tracked for the time being. Between playing something I can't mention here ;) and playing Fallout 3 for the first time (I know I know) My time is pretty much taken up. I'll be glad to join back up once interest in this project starts to take off, but right now it seems to be a waist of time. I still check in on a regular basis to see how things with this project and Skywind is going.

GrimWeeder
GrimWeeder's picture
I was working on this in

I was working on this in creation kit but then i seem to have did something terribly wrong now whenever i go to anvil it crashes how could i fix this would i have to start over.

edit: anvil crashes constantly time to work on another city 

GrimWeeder
GrimWeeder's picture
yea im just going to start

yea im just going to start over

Turn2TES
Turn2TES's picture
Not sure, Anvil crashed just

Not sure, Anvil crashed just as much without the navmesh as it did with. I thought I had put up the version I had with now bad triangles, but since I have completely reinstalled Skyrim, I no longer have anything that I worked on here, which wasn't much.