7 posts / 0 new
Last post
grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Meshes and Textures to "cyrodiil" folder please

The Skywind project has a "morrowind" folder, so my thought is that for Skyblivion that models be put into a "meshes\cyrodiil" and "textures\cyrodiil".

Lets get onto this one straight away.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Maybe, this one is way less

Maybe, this one is way less Important though.  In fact, I would be fine leaving it.  It provides far better Oblivion mod compatibility. When we get around to converting them at least.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
I haven't gone through the

I haven't gone through the process of installing Skyblvion yet, but what happens with same name models and textures? How is it handled at the moment?

For example:

Oblivion\Data\meshes\architecture\farmhouse\farmhouse01.nif

Skyrim\Data\Meshes\architecture\farmhouse\farmhouse01.nif

Shadow
Shadow's picture
There are VERY few same name

There are VERY few same name meshes and textures.  This mod right here actually created a list of the conflicts.  I think it is pretty small and easy to manage.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
It looks like peeps have a

It looks like peeps have a handle on this one. I just assumed there would be quite a few conflicts.

So what is this about Oblivion mod compatibility? The only reason I wouldn't play Skyblivion yet is that you don't get access to all the mods created for the original engine.

Is the Andoran converter still an option for porting stuff? Or is something else in the pipeline?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Well either that, or

Well either that, or hopefully we can get a new conversion via script like with Skywind.  Either way, it would be much easier to port mods than it was for Morroblivion.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Ok, I just installed

Ok, I just installed Skyblivion and its freakin awesome. Now I can see the potential of bouncing around all of Tamriel! Bring on SkyNirn!!

This will be epic beyond words if we can get a smooth process for converting Oblivion mods.