Pages

243 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mehh
Mehh's picture
I just hope we can get the

I just hope we can get the npcs merged. I cannot wait to see the Frankensteins I've created!

Machine
Machine's picture
The quest list shouldn't take

The quest list shouldn't take long. I'm about 25% done with it after a couple hours. I might have been able to rip it from morrowind_sk.esm, but it's corrupted, and don't want errors in our new master. zilav did such a great job on it.

Dialogue is a different matter, that's the tough part. Tough on the hands and eyes.

Not all of the scripts can be reused. But hey, we got a working master and that's all that matters really. Now it's up to us.

Machine
Machine's picture
Meh, worst cast is you could

Meh, worst cast is you could open 2 CK windows, one with morrowind_sk and one with skywind and copy npc information.

It would set you back but it would be much safer. The real time consuming part was spending all the time playing with sliders the first time around to get the faces the way you wanted.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Wow, I guess the quests in

Wow, I guess the quests in Oblivion and Skyrim work very similarly.

I can understand that about dialogue though.  Sitting for hours at a time changing filepaths about killed me.

Still, we really aren't too far off from a playable game.  If everyone just takes a nice chunk of the project and fixes it up to Skyrim standards, we could be done in just a few months.

Edit:  Or in TesV Edit (If that would work).  I like it so much better than the CK

Machine
Machine's picture
The CK isn't terrible but I

The CK isn't terrible but I hate the way the merging of plugins works through VC, it's slow, painful to use and just plain inefficient, but reliable for the most part. The only thing we need VC for is the merging of our master and plugins.

zilav, any news if a one click feature for merging in TES5Edit is coming anytime soon?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Hey, is anyone going to go

Hey, is anyone going to go through and find replacements for all of those cups?  Because if not, I guess I could do that.  It gets kind of annoying walking around with like 500 of those in your inventory.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
No one click merging in

No one click merging in TES5Edit, but it can be done anyway (do you really think I've made the entire new master as a single plugin from the start?)

I used this for merging

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1425724-merging-mods/

Machine
Machine's picture
Thanks, that's exactly what I

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
So I'll take that as a no to

So I'll take that as a no to my question?  I've noticed that some Skyrim objects seem to be showing up in Morrowind (Glass weapons and gold), so it looks like at least some things have already been completed.  Is there any way this list could be updated to reflect what things are already done, and what else still needs doing?

Machine
Machine's picture
I'm not sure Shadow. To be

I'm not sure Shadow. To be honest I haven't even been playing around too much in the game. Just trying to get my quests working again atm.

Machine
Machine's picture
K, better late than never.

K, better late than never. Here's Skywind.esm with the quests list included so we can get started on them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?61r4yhdd7bo1sp2

I used TES5Edit for merging, which seemed to work great. Can you guys check it out and give it the all clear so I may begin work immediately on building quest info on this build?

Suade
Suade's picture
Wow great job, finally we can

Wow great job, finally we can see some serious progress on quests! Thanks Machine!

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Hey, missed me ? I know I've

Hey, missed me ?

I know I've been silent for the last few weeks so sorry for that. I know next to nothing to file formats so I couldn't really participate in the ongoing analysis/debate of these last few weeks so I stepped a bit away. Wanted the master issues to be addressed before I'd continue working.

Now, I started a new job one month ago, and it's much more demanding than the previous one, so that means less time to play/mod

But I see you guys (thanks Zilav and all of you !) have made tremendous progress in master cleanup. On the downside that means the work on quest needs to start from scratch.

Ok, all right, I'll help. But just this time ! So you guys have to promise me this time the master's ok, right ?

I can't promise how involved I'll be (but this will be much less than I was able to a couple of months ago), but I'll be there. Just let me catch up on all you did while I looked away ;)

Now let's get back to work on quests, let's learn from what didn't work very well the last time around.

Machine, thanks for the list of quest, that was indeed the very first thing to do.

Regarding MorroDefaultQuest, this one's a beast - trust me I've spent days filling it - so I think we should find a way to organize our work. Also, this quest holds the "default" dialogue, but not only. For some reason, some of the dialogue that could be attached to other quests are there so maybe we should reorganize things.

Man, I'm glad to be back.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Master is just missing the

Master is just missing the items that used oblivion meshes, and enemy spawns were all replaced with skeletons, which will probably be fixed soon. Other than those two, it's pretty much stable.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
This master is a huge

This master is a huge improvement over the last one Digital, so I wouldn't be worried about that.  Anyway, welcome back!

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Welcome back Digital!,I am

Welcome back Digital!,I am sitting on the fence too,as this new master is great,and it is cool just watching it take shape,it beats working my butt off with the old one.:)

Mehh
Mehh's picture
I'm finding broken meshes for

I'm finding broken meshes for Eloth with navmesh =| Also Ebonheart shouldn't ctd people anymore! Navmesh found broken stairs!

As for the master, ummmm question! Is adding the correct dialog for all the npcs going to be a long tough job?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Yes!  You fixed Ebonheart.

Yes!  You fixed Ebonheart.  It seems exteriors should be completely stable now.

I have a suggestion though.  I know you wouldn't want to Navmesh every interior, but how about you do a small sample group?  Like a few Hlaalu interiors, a few Ashlander, a few Redoran, etc.  That way we could find the multitude of broken interior meshes.  Because let's face it.  We can't really do anything with the interiors as CTD prone as they are currently.  We may have all the quests completed, but no one would be able to do them for that reason.

And yes, I have a feeling that filling out Dialogue will be a long and tiresome job.  Morrowind has more dialogue than Skyrim after all.  Perhaps we could somehow split up this task so all other people who are not experienced with questing could help out.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
I think Eloth already knows

I think Eloth already knows what is wrong with the interiors. As for navmeshing, I figured we could break it by letters(similar to the way we broke Dark elf males and females).

http://www.4shared.com/file/v3OuKFRj/ExUimpUwallUstairsU04.h...
Also can you check if this fixes Ebonheart? It goes into morro/x

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Really?  I sure hope so, but

Really?  I sure hope so, but it seems like there is probably more than one culprit to the interior CTD problem.

Yeah sure.  It'll be an hour or two though before I can test it.

Machine
Machine's picture
Hi digitalparanoid, welcome

Hi digitalparanoid, welcome back! I left you a PM. :)

As for dialog, yes, it takes a longgg time to get it all added in. It gets very tiresome.

But you can't get copy paste everything. The greeting system in skyrim has changed somewhat. The main problem is there's actually a limit on responses within a hello greeting. In morrowind and oblivion you could have multiple responses, in skyrim only 1 is allowed. It is uncommon that you run into these, but I did come up with a solution.

To circumvent this limit, I was linking new topics from the greeting responses that would give the player a topic to inquire about to proceed with the conversation.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
I guess once I'm finished

I guess once I'm finished with navmeshing, I can try and help out with the dialog. I'll probably also finish up the Dark Elf males that I volunteered for lol.

Also I'm not sure if anyone needs to know how to do this, but you can open multiple instances of the CK if you add "bAllowMultipleEditors=1" to SkyrimEditor.ini. It sure helps when running multiple navmeshes lol.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Well, that certainly stopped

Well, that certainly stopped the CTDs near the docks.  Though I'm still getting one near the Grand Council Chambers.  I'm betting there is another problem mesh.  Either that or my installation is just dumb.

Machine
Machine's picture
digitalparanoid,About

digitalparanoid,

About MorroDefaultQuest, 

I think that one should be the first one to start on, just because it is a beast as you said, and because theres so many topics in there that other quests refer to. I also like to get the tedious stuff out of the way as soon as possible.

I think I'll just take some initiative and start work on it tonight.

This time I think I might work a little differently. I think my aim should be more dialog work, and leave the scripting till later. There's just so much dialog to do...

I would like to make a suggestion. The topic names (not title) are usually very hard to understand since the converter tool used to move dialog topics from morrowind to oblivion back when they did morroblivion replaced some characters (like spaces) with the letter S. We can drop the number in front also.

Example Topic->                                                                                          Morrowind:Abebaal Egg Mine                                                                    Morroblivion:​1AbebaalSEggSMine                  Skywind(oldmaster):MorroDefaultQuest1AbebaalSEggSMineBranch  Skywind(suggested):MorroDefaultQuestAbebaalEggMineBranch

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I would like to clean those up. It would just make it easier on the eyes and cleaner for the next time we have to convert between games.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Shadow wrote: Well, that

Shadow wrote:

Well, that certainly stopped the CTDs near the docks.  Though I'm still getting one near the Grand Council Chambers.  I'm betting there is another problem mesh.  Either that or my installation is just dumb.

Hm, I just flew around the grand council chambers for about 5 minutes and didn't ctd once.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Not inside them, the land

Not inside them, the land outside and surrounding them.  Try fast traveling to that marker, turning around, and then going back across that bridge.  I CTD every time.

Machine:  Well good luck with that dialog.  I hope you make some good progress.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Hmm if you mean the islands

Hmm if you mean the islands around, I didn't ctd. Keep in mind I only navmeshed Ebonheart, not the entire region yet, so something on one of the islands might be ctding you, which I haven't found yet.

On another subject, what do you guys think of this mod?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5SCJiqlhi8&feature=player_em...

Shadow
Shadow's picture
No, It's definitely right in

No, It's definitely right in the middle of the city.

I crash right about when I reach the two NPCs standing there.  So far I have repeated this 4 times without fail.

About that mod though:  It looks like we should be able to implement levitation without too much of a problem.  So that is good.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Oh cool, so the mod isn't
Shadow
Shadow's picture
Hmm that's strange.  Do you

Hmm that's strange.  Do you have any additional new meshes that I don't have?  Or maybe I just messed up when overwriting the old meshes with the new ones or something.

Well, that's not what I meant.  I meant it should be pretty easy to implement levitation with that mod as a base. :)

Machine
Machine's picture
I updated the master file to

I updated the master file to include classes. These are needed for dialog conditions. The NPC's still need to be edited to add the classes though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?61r4yhdd7bo1sp2

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
I always see allot of talk

I always see allot of talk about adding the NPC dialogue and quest stuff. Can that process not be automated in some way to speed things up? Don’t take me wrong, I do not have any idea how the process works, but I think it involves copy pasting allot of stuff from one location to another.

Why cant the content from the Morroblivion .ESM not be converted to the Skywind .ESM, I know the format and system is different in Skyrim but why does it need to be done by hand?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Updating the master file is

Updating the master file is fine, unless it is done by several people. I think Eloth is updating it too, so I don't know how are you going to merge everything later.

You'd better have a one person performing all updates and upkeeping master file (not me).

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
Hmm I have ctd in seyda neen

Hmm I have ctd in seyda neen in zone where u must found ring in cask.

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
We have two masterfiles from

We have two masterfiles from machine and one from zilav. We need to choose right one and put it in first post.

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
Hey check this mod, that’s

Hey check this mod, that’s something we need to start the main quest.

Alt Start Mod by Scrivener07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDADkbwoZXg&feature=youtu.be

It needs to be modified to support some new options:

* After character creation.

The option:
What game do you wish to start?

• Skyrim
  • Oblivion
  • Morrowind

Then starting as a..

Mehh
Mehh's picture
zilav wrote: Updating the

zilav wrote:

Updating the master file is fine, unless it is done by several people. I think Eloth is updating it too, so I don't know how are you going to merge everything later.

You'd better have a one person performing all updates and upkeeping master file (not me).

Yeah, I agree with you. I think Machine should pm Eloth about it, since he's also making a master file that will fix some of the missing objects. As for who should upkeep the master file, well I vote for who was doing it before you made our new master file. =p
Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
If somebody explain how to do

If somebody explain how to do it (megre) than i can do it)

Sjors Boomschors, why?) i think this mode not for us)

eloth
eloth's picture
i managed to set up version

i managed to set up version control in the CK, and have already merged a couple of plugins into the master, so i think we`re ready to go.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Nice, then I won't be merging

Nice, then I won't be merging npc plugins into single file, and just update formids to match the new master.

eloth
eloth's picture
i will have much use for

i will have much use for tesvedit and the update references script also, so thanks for that :)

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I'd think it is better to

I'd think it is better to merge classes (from Machine's master) into your master, then delete this thread and open a new one with yours.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Sweet, so your still working

Sweet, so your still working on that Zilav?  Awesome.

SB: Yeah, that should definitely come in handy.  I say once the main quest is completed and working we should make that modified and working properly (Make sure to keep it as a separate plugin though).

Shouldn't merging with TES V Edit be faster and less painful than merging with version control though?  That is what I got at least, but go ahead and do what you think is best Eloth.

Also, don't forget that you'd have to merge that quest list as well, not just the classes.

Anyone see Alexanderb lately?  We could definitely use his armors to start filling in NPC outfits.

Edit:  Just realized something else.  The download link on the left side of the page hasn't been updated.  You have to go through several forums to find the current master. If someone was willing to fix that, I could even write a real download page and not a placeholder like there is currently.

Machine
Machine's picture
eloth, here's a link to my

eloth, here's a link to my esp's for quests and classes if you want to merge it in with your own.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1vl1d6ly467wctd

If you want to use TES5Edit for merging, just change the formid's to match skywind.esm records then 'copy as override' into the master.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
I'd rather keep

I'd rather keep quests/dialogs as a separate esp, no need for them to be in the master. They are not referenced by other records (as far as I know, can be wrong though).

Only when quests are 100% ready and confirmed to work, then it'll be a good time for a merge.

Machine
Machine's picture
Problem is, some quests

Problem is, some quests reference other quests through papyrus. If we don't merge the list then everyone would need a plugin for the other guys quests.

Dialog is somewhat the same way as the generic topic links that are in MorroDefaultQuest is referenced in other quest dialogs.

I think we should merge as we go. That's what we did before and it worked well.

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
Oh they referenced through

Oh they referenced through papyrus. Nasty stuff.

Iniquity
Iniquity's picture
Machine wrote: eloth, here's

Machine wrote:

eloth, here's a link to my esp's for quests and classes if you want to merge it in with your own.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1vl1d6ly467wctd

If you want to use TES5Edit for merging, just change the formid's to match skywind.esm records then 'copy as override' into the master.

we concluded that the best use of my classes.))

http://www.mediafire.com/?kwwrc434vslcpf9

Machine
Machine's picture
eloth, here is an update on

eloth, here is an update on the esm with most of those errors the CK were giving fixed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2uccvtcog07lt5

The only thing left is CK is still trying to find certain meshes and textures that are missing. I'll leave that to you to fix.

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
In order to update all the

In order to update all the model paths regarding mesh and texture clean up, we need an updated skywind.esp, that points at these files. I'm going to create the scripts based off zilavs morroblivion conversion, but it means that any work done now with merging will need to be done again. So I want to make sure that people are aware of this before heading too far down the "lets merge everything now" stage.

I suppose as an alternative some sort of other scripts could be written to update the paths, but I'm not sure how to do this? Much easier just to change the original scripts.

Let me know if this is a problem for some. I'm working full out to get it done, but its just time consuming. Hopefully I will have it done in a couple of days :-P

Pages

Topic locked