Want to join the Skywind team?
If you are interested in working on Skywind, you have come to the right place. We are always looking for dedicated members to help bring the world of Skywind to life.
If you are inquiring about VOICE ACTING (VA) please follow the instructions listed here. YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILL AN APPLICATION FORM.
For all other positions not VA related:
- Fill out this form (NOT FOR VA - see above link).
- Write a message in the #recruitment_questions channel over on Discord and tell us why you want to join and a little bit about yourself, your skills, or whatever you feel would be appropriate.
Please be patient as it can take some time for us to review your application. It is more than likely that we will need to ask you some more questions.
We look forward to your application, good luck!
Below are the departments and a few qualities we are looking for
Department Lead: Coal
Currently looking for: Various roles involving the animation pipeline. Our main workload involves bringing Morrowind's diverse cast of creatures to life, but occasionally involves other tasks such as animation and behavior for NPCs and props. Commitment is important, once you take a job in the animation department, we’d like you to finish it.
We are looking for people with the following skill sets:
Animators: Create custom animations and cleanup existing ones with a 3D animation package of their choice. Must be comfortable building their own control rigs as we cannot guarantee rigger support. We generally work off of retargeted Skyrim animation as a base, so familiarity with additive animation workflows and animation cleanup techniques are helpful.
Riggers: Must be familiar with skinning and skeleton creation in a 3D package of their choosing, however Maya is preferred. Will often involve other tasks such as building ragdolls, retargeting animation and setting up basic behavior sets. For these Skywind-specific tasks, we don’t expect prior experience but rather a willingness to learn these fairly-technical custom workflows.
Programmers/Behaviorists: Work with and improve custom behavior tools written in Java.
Department Lead: ZeroSpoonz (gratitude to Dragomir and Nexos, our previous long time leads)
Currently looking for: We're not looking for any new artists at this time. Opportunities may open up in future, so stay tuned if you’re interested.
Contact: Taerkalith or Rovan
Currently looking for: The coding department is not recruiting at the moment, but if you have significant existing experience with the Creation Kit and Papyrus, plus motivation and the ability to work autonomously, we'd love to hear from you.
If you are applying for the level design department, we ask that you provide proof of skill in the Creation Kit. If you are unable to provide the proof that we need, we may ask you to produce an example .esp.
What to include in your example:
- For interiors, we expect you to be able to proficiently create a cave or dungeon with the appropriate assets in addition to lighting, FX, etc.
- For exterior worldspaces, we also expect effective use of the landmesh to be demonstrated in addition to effective cluttering with the available Skyrim assets.
- Navmeshing and optimization of exterior and interior worldspaces are a bonus but not required.
When you have completed your example .esp, please attach it to your application so that we can review it and get back to you as soon as possible.
Currently looking for:
Interior designers: you must be able to create small/ medium sized dungeons, primarily caves, from start to finish, with little to no oversight. You need to have these skills before applying:
- Good sense of 3D game space and pacing;
- Working with modular tilesets;
- Basic cluttering;
- Basic understanding of the lighting system in Skyrim;
- Basic understanding of TES5Edit a plus;
- Ability to work off the grid with snappable tilesets a plus;
- Ability to create patrols a plus;
- Ability to create roombounds and portals a plus;
- Ability to create an optimized navmesh from scratch a plus;
World designers: you will have to landscape huge areas of the exterior worldspace from start to finish with little no no oversight. You need to have these skills before applying:
- Excellent sense of 3D game space and pacing;
- Cluttering; Basic understanding of the lighting system in Skyrim;
- Basic understanding of navmeshing; Basic understanding of TES5Edit a plus;
- Ability to work with modular tilesets a plus;
Weather and lighting specialist: you will have to create custom weathers from scratch for each of the 9 regions, as well as lighting templates and image spaces for the various types of interiors in the game. You need to have these skills before applying:
- Excellent understanding of the lighting system in Skyrim;
- Great understanding of the CK;
- Experience with ENB's a plus
Department Leads: Eloth
Required programs: 3ds Max, Blender or Maya / Photoshop or Gimp / Mudbox or Zbrush
Currently looking for: We are looking for environment artists as a priority. Having experience creating tileable textures in Zbrush is recommend. Likewise, experience with modular 3D creation is highly sought after. We are currently only accepting modelers who ARE EXPERIENCED MODELERS, and who can create HP and LP models on their own, as well as textures.
Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to teach people from scratch. We need you to provide a images of a model that is at least Skyrim quality or above. If you do not have something similar to this, you need to create one. If you for some reason decline, we will turn down the application.
We are in need of environmental artists at the moment.
Department Lead: Marius S., Fredrik Jonasson& Matt Hawken
Currently looking for: Unless you can match the level of quality displayed by some of our composers such as Matt, Fredrik, or Marius (searchable online), we will not be able to accept your compositions as we are attempting to create a unified sounding OS.
Currently looking for: All Voice Acting roles are currently open. All we require is a good recording setup and good accents. We're looking to get a bunch done in the near future so feel free to send your auditions in.
Currently looking for: Sound Engineering experience and licensed sound banks are always nice to have. We're particularly looking for individuals to work on environmental and spell sounds, and we'd like people to assist with SFX implementation too.
Department Lead: Oldmanlaertes
Currently looking for: WE ARE looking for new writers at this time! Make sure you have time to commit to the project and submit example(s) of your work. We are finalizing some quest work on the project at this time so if this sort of writing interests you, please apply!
From time to time we need work done that doesn't require specific skills, or belong to a specific department. Those will be listed here:
Voice File Cutting!
If you want to help immediately and have no skills, contact us on Discord and we'll get you cutting up some of those voice files!
Quality Assurance Testers and Reports
We are currently taking on those with experience in QA. Please answer the following questions if you are interested and put [QA] in your volunteer PDF file:
We are looking for QA to work on the Skywind project. Please apply if you are interested, in your application please note your experience in each of the following areas:
- # of years of QA Experience
- knowledge using Papyrus (preferred not essential)
- Experience using Console commands
- Knowledge level of the original Morrowind Game
- Availability and time you can commit
Please be honest with your answers, particularly about availability; we just want to know how best you will fit into the team and allows us to plan resources.