Pages

334 posts / 0 new
Last post
oracus0
oracus0's picture
Contributor
aharris,

aharris,

All of the essential files for OBSE are present; you have a few more plugins and mods than I do, and I manually installed all of the Morroblivion files into my Oblivion data file before I let Wrye Bash sort them (some people have said that can help).  You could try unzipping and dumping all of the files into your data file so that the Morroblivion files are not managed by Wyre Bash apart from the load order, and/or try disabling or uninstalling some of your plugins for OBSE (i.e., the training and jail fixes) and some of the other non-Morroblivion mods.  Other than that, everything looks good as far as I can tell...

Acleacius
Acleacius's picture
Thanks for all the work on

Thanks for all the work on this mod ! :)

First time trying, could someone please listed the Specific Subpackages being used? I just downloaded Morrowind Voiced Greetings and Combat, because the FAQ mentioned it was a separate download. When I installed it with Wrye Bash, it showed conflicting with the 2 gig resource file. It turns out it was the same thing I just downloaded. :p

Now I wonder which Trees and Map mod is being used? It looks like the Chargen and Transport is the same as linked separately also, so I didn't download.

Thanks for any help. :)

lucariette
lucariette's picture
Hey guys, so I've followed

Hey guys, so I've followed every instruction at the post and read almost all comments but couldn't find a solution to my problem.

every time I launch the Oblivion.exe I get a black screen and it stops responding.

Any ideas why?

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
You do not Launch Oblivion

You do not Launch Oblivion.exe you Launch obse_loader.exe.

lucariette
lucariette's picture
I tried obse_loader.exe, same

I tried obse_loader.exe, same thing happened

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I tried obse_loader.exe, same

I tried obse_loader.exe, same thing happened

Post your load order.

jayden9876
jayden9876's picture
hey, in the meantime before

hey, in the meantime before skywind is released, i thought i might play Morroblivion. Only problem is my Oblivion crashes every time after the bethesda intro animation plays.

I have completely formatted my oblivion, morrowind and even steam folders completely and tried reinstalling everything(inc. steam and obse), but no luck. I am using steam versions with all DLCs. I am using Wrye Bash with no other mods. I deleted every save file and have done every suggestion in steam settings to allow for mods and followed the install instructions carefully.

i have also made sure the load order in WB is all correct. I am running windows 10, is this OP too new to run Morroblivion? I am baffled. Help would be greatly appreciated!

I really want to play morroblivion! :(

oracus0
oracus0's picture
Contributor
I have no problems playing

I have no problems playing Morrowind, Oblivion, and Morroblivion under Windows 10.  Can you play Oblivion itself?  Did you install Oblivion outside of C:\Program Files (x86)?  [You should.]  What is your CPU speed?  Unfortunately, raw speed matters, so a dual core 3.4 GHz Pentium from yesteryear might do quite well, whereas the latest generation 2.1 GHz laptop i7 might struggle.

jamesbfield77
jamesbfield77's picture
Hi.

Hi.

This is the 3rd time i've failed at this now. This is way way different from Steam Workshop and just simply dropping and dragging into document folders! Is there anyone that could please go through this with me? Team Viewer may be needed and i'm happy to watch and learn! :-D

Anyone?

FryAmTheEggman
FryAmTheEggman's picture
My computer won't even just

My computer won't even just let me open the morroblivion launcher to complete the damned download.  It tries to get me to used a program to open it, and the programs sais something about not opening .exe's.  I am at a loss for what to do here.

FryAmTheEggman
FryAmTheEggman's picture
My computer won't even just

My computer won't even just let me open the morroblivion launcher to complete the damned download.  It tries to get me to used a program to open it, and the programs sais something about not opening .exe's.  I am at a loss for what to do here.

momo03
momo03's picture
Hey Guys!

Hey Guys!

I'm new to this, although I've been playing TES since Morrowind.

I have attempted to get Morroblivion running several times without success, mainly due to problems with Wrye Bash. For someone completely new to it, it's everything but self-explaining...

But today I tried again and finally managed to get it up and running. Well, it starts. 

Problem: already in the starting-sequence there are missing textures. Parts of the boat are purple. Then in the census-office, the census-magister suddenly turns to a mess of white and yellow planes, althoug he is totally ok in the beginning.

Configuration & System:

Windows 10 professional 64bit, 8GB, SSD; i5-quadcore 3.3GHz with AMD7870

Morrowind and Oblivion via Steam; Steam-libary on a separate Harddisk (d:\Games\Steam...)

Screenshots of WryeBash (load order and intallations) are attached.

AttachmentSize
Image icon wrye1.jpg102.92 KB
Image icon wrye2.jpg70.79 KB
roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Activate Shivering Isles. as

Activate Shivering Isles. as per Requirements

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
@momo03:  Looks like you are

@momo03:  Looks like you are close to having a correct Morroblivion installation.  However, you are making it much harder than it needs to be.  It looks like you expanded the "Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z" inside the Bash Installers directory.  You do NOT need to expand this file.  Wrye Bash does it for you.

Regarding the purple textures and yellow diamonds: there is something wrong with the BSA files which contain meshes and textures.  In order to figure out what that is, do these steps:

Step 0: 
- First, right-click directly on the word "Paket".  A menu should pop-up, and from this menu, find and select "Uninstall All Packages" or whatever the equivalent translation should be.

Step 1:
- Click on "Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z".  The right-half of the window will now fill up with information on this file.

Step 2:
- Look under "Subpakete", and you will see a list of packages.  Put a check mark in the box that says "00 Core".  You can also put a check mark in any other package you like (optional). 
- Look under "Esp/m-Filter", and you will see a list of files ending in ".esp".  Each sub-package you select from "Subpackete" will add files to this list.  Just put a check-mark next to all the files listed here.

Step 3:
- Right-click directly on "Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z".  A menu pops up, find and select "Install".  The Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z files should now be correctly installed.

Step 4:
- Make sure that you follow the correct instructions for installing OBSE and the OBSE plugins.  "obse_1_2_416.dll" and "obse_steam_loader.dll" should be in the same directory as "Oblivion.exe".  The OBSE plugins are files like "Elys_USV.dll" and "MenuQue.dll" and should be located in "\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins".

Step 5:
- Launch the game from the regular steam launcher.  Do not use any other way of starting the game, otherwise OBSE will not load correctly.

Hopefully, these steps will clean out any errors in installing the BSA file.  If you still have purple textures, let us know.

Regarding the green diamonds under "Paket", you do not need any of these, they are showing up here because you expanded "Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z" in the Bash Installers file and Wrye Bash incorrectly thinks that they are separate installer files.

Tyrantking
Tyrantking's picture
When I put the resources in

When I put the resources in the bash installer, they show up on wyre bash, but they are red diamonds and not blank tick boxes. Any suggetsion?

Tyrantking
Tyrantking's picture
When I put the resources in

When I put the resources in the bash installer, they show up on wyre bash, but they are red diamonds and not blank tick boxes. Any suggestions?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Tyrantking wrote:

Tyrantking wrote:

When I put the resources in the bash installer, they show up on wyre bash, but they are red diamonds and not blank tick boxes. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you uncompressed the archive rather than just copying it into the Bash Installers folder.  Send a screenshot with Wrye Bash opened to the Installers tab and we will go from there.

Tyrantking
Tyrantking's picture
Here it is.

Here it is.

AttachmentSize
Image icon capture.png13.75 KB
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Other than wasting additional

Other than wasting additional hard-disk space, your setup should work fine.  Next time, do NOT uncompress or double-click the Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z file.  Just copy the Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z file into the Bash Installers folder.  If you have any problems following the rest of the instructions let us know. 

FYI, here is how the full Wrye Bash window should look when Morroblivion is properly installed: Under "Package", you see Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z.  Under "Sub-Packages" you see the sub-packages which on your version are listed in Package.  A square in the Package represents an archived 7z or zip file.  A diamond represents an uncompressed folder.  They both work similarly.

Tyrantking
Tyrantking's picture
When I open winrar, with the

When I open winrar, with the files, they are already uncompressed.

AttachmentSize
Image icon capture.png169.22 KB
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
That's because winrar is an

That's because winrar is an uncompressor.  If you do not want to uncompress it, then leave it as a 7z file and just drag the Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z file to the Bash Installers folder.  Do this from the explorer window and do not open it in winrar.

Tyrantking
Tyrantking's picture
Ok, so I redownload the file,

Ok, so I redownload the file, and dragged it from my downloads section into the bash installer file. But now when I go to tick in the tick box, its filled in rd, but it is a normal square now. I can individually tick in the files from the sub-packages, but when I launch Oblivion, it does not work ad a window pops up saying that I am missing some files.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
You missed the final step.

You missed the final step.  In step 4 of the instructions, there is a sentence after ticking the tick boxes that tells you what to do next:

...Then right-click on Morroblivion archive and select 'Install'.

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/oblivion/morroblivion-mod-rele...

Tyrantking
Tyrantking's picture
When I right click the box,

When I right click the box, wrye bash starts the process, but then it always stops responding. Then when I try to reopen Wrye, it always says, only one instance of wyre bash can be open.

Tyrantking
Tyrantking's picture
Nevermind, it wants to work

Nevermind, it wants to work now.

Tyrantking
Tyrantking's picture
Ok, when I launch the game,

Ok, when I launch the game, it says I am not missing nearly as much now, but when I launch a new game, if forces me to morrowind. I thought there was supposed to be a pop up asking which game to start? And now it is saying that I am only missing the morrowind_ob.esm or esp. I can't remember which one. And when i launch the game, I am in a nearly empty cell, with yellow slabs. The only thing in there is me, Jiub, and a floating head. We keep falling and we reach the floor border of the cell and teleport back to our original spot. I am pretty sure I read somewhere about someone having this problem. I have the morrowind esm after oblivion in my load order. I have the shivering isles dlc installed. I have the goty for both morrowind and oblivion. I have no idea what this could be. And I am sorry for being such a bother. My modding experience is just nmm, and I am not extremely tech savy.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
There is no longer a pop up

There is no longer a pop up to ask you where to start.  If you want to change between Morroblivion and Oblivion, you must set the value in the \Oblivion\Data\INI\Morroblivion.ini file.  In that file, you will find a line that says "set mwMainMenu.AltStart to 1".  Change this to "set mwMainMenu.AltStart to 0" in order to start in Oblivion.

Regarding the multiple error messages, you have still not installed the Morroblivion_v064_Complate.7z archive correctly.  Please refer back to my previous post: https://tesrenewal.com/comment/85347#comment-85347 and look at the Red Box in the middle with the heading "Sub-Packages".  There must be a checkmark in the box next to the first line that says "00 Core".  If not, then left-click in the box to make the checkmark appear.  Now look at the Red Box on the right with the heading "Esp/m Filter".  Read down the list and find the line that says "Morrowind_ob.esp".  If it is not checked, click the box to make the checkmark appear.  Now in the left panel, find the line that says "Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z".  Place the mouse cursor over that line and right-click.  A menu appears:  search down the menu and left-click the option that says "Install".  A box will pop-up with the title "Installing...".  If it looks like it has stopped responding, look at the Windows Task Bar at the bottom of your screen for any flashing icons or windows.  If there is, click that window to see if there is a pop-up asking you for permission to over-write files.  Click Yes to allow it to do so.  If you installed Oblivion in the "Program Files" folder or if you have Steam and did not change the location of your default Steam Library, then you may have to reinstall the main Oblivion game outside of the "Program Files" in order for Wrye Bash to be able to install the files correctly.  Hope this helps, good luck.

Rancid36
Rancid36's picture
Not sure if I have done

Not sure if I have done everything correctly. When I launch oblivion is launches into vanilla oblivion. So here come some screen shots of my 'Mods' load order and 'Installers'. Not sure anything went wrong but I defiantly don't know how to launch into Morroblivion.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
All of your files appear to

All of your files appear to be installed. However, the Bashed Patch, 0.esp should be at the bottom with only the Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp below it. Make certain that OBSE is installed correctly, especially if you use Steam make certain you have the obse_steam_loader.dll installed. Make certain you have installed the prerequisites: Ely's Universal Silent Voice, MenuQue OBSE Plugin (required for Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp), Unofficial Oblivion Patch (this is not a "hard" requirement, but is highly recommended). Double check your Morroblivion.ini located in Oblivion\Ini and make certain set mwMainMenu.AltStart to 1. Afterwards, load the game again to see if it starts you off on the Prison Ship in Seyda Neen.

Rancid36
Rancid36's picture
Diana TES GotH wrote:

Diana TES GotH wrote:

...Bashed Patch, 0.esp should be at the bottom with only the Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp...
...the prerequisites: Ely's Universal Silent Voice, MenuQue OBSE Plugin (required for Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp), Unofficial Oblivion Patch (this is not a "hard" requirement, but is highly recommended)...

I get a load error with current load order, plz help lol
Can I install the mods with NMM? Or should I install them manually? 

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Rancid36 wrote:

Rancid36 wrote:

I get a load error with current load order, plz help lol

Are you trying to launch Oblivion through the Wrye Bash icon?  This will NOT work.  If you were trying to launch Morroblivion by double-clicking the Oblivion.exe this will also NOT work.  

To start Morroblivion with the Steam version of Oblivion:
Launch Oblivion through the Steam Client, otherwise OBSE will not load into memory and the Morroblivion scripts will not be able to run.  Also make sure OBSE is properly installed with the obse_steam_loader.dll and obse_1_2_416.dll in the Oblivion directory, 

frankthegrime
frankthegrime's picture
So. Would anyone like to tell

So. Would anyone like to tell me why I needed to dl MenuQue? Seeing as how it is nowhere in the install instructions and the instructions that come with MenuQue aren't really helpful. It says "Copy the Data folder and its contents to your "Oblivion" folder." Well, see the funny thing is that there is already a folder named "Data" in the Oblivion folder, and I really don't think that replacing it with this other Data folder will work. I mean, Morroblivion loads, but tells me every time I start it that "MenuQue is not installed". I'd sure like to install it if I need to, but I'm not about to overwrite the Data folder that already exists.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Don't be scared -- when you

Don't be scared -- when you drag the "Data" folder from MenuQue into the Oblivion folder, Windows will ask you to merge the two folders together -- it will NOT overwrite the existing Data folder.  

HOWEVER, with that said, you should use the Wrye Bash Installers tab to install MenuQue as a plugin -- so you can easily uninstall it whenever you want.

FYI, MenuQue is an OBSE plugin which allows Morroblivion to update the statistics page with values which are kept separate from Cyrodiil -- such as your Morrowind bounty, Faction reputaton, etc.  I don't recall if anything actually breaks if you don't install MenuQue, I think they major issue is that you won't be able to tell if you've committed a crime or have an active bounty (until a guard stops you, of course).

Pages