Pages

347 posts / 0 new
Last post
roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Problem they Need OBSE to Run

Problem they Need OBSE to Run, Mostly .dll Controlled by OBSE, OblivionLauncher Can Not Run a  ( .dll \.dlx \.lip ) file can only Run ( .esm,,.esp ) Also After a certain Amount of Mods OblivionLauncher can not Run the Mods.

The Directory Path is Not Written  Into  OblivionLauncher.exe to Read the (OBSE\ Plugins ) Directory.

Björn
Björn's picture
Do you use the OBSE Launcher?

Do you use the OBSE Launcher? If you use the normal Oblivion Launcher you are not using OBSE. Start your Game with a double click on "obse_loader.exe".

crazyscot
crazyscot's picture
Hey I am having a problem in

Hey I am having a problem in extracting the files with fusezip because around 30 files extracted it says that the archive is corrupt or incomplete. And I can't figure out how to ignore it or how to get an uncorrupted version. Help would be fantastic!

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Have you tried the "official"

Have you tried the "official" 7-zip program? And why aren't you using Wrye Bash to install?

crazyscot
crazyscot's picture
I use Nexus Mod Manager and I

I use Nexus Mod Manager and I thought it may cause a bit of a problem. 

Crewdroog
Crewdroog's picture
Morroblivion is wonderful,

Morroblivion is wonderful, thanks to all those who helped with this project.

I followed the instructions, and all is going fine, except I forgot to install menuque.  I have pasted the data folder into my oblivion file, but it is still saying I don't have it installed.  I have never modded a game before.  Do i have to remove all the mods and just reinstall everything again, or should my simply pasting in the folder be enough?  What could I be doing wrong?  thanks!

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I use Nexus Mod Manager and I

I use Nexus Mod Manager and I thought it may cause a bit of a problem. 

It shouldn't.

I followed the instructions, and all is going fine, except I forgot to install menuque. I have pasted the data folder into my oblivion file, but it is still saying I don't have it installed. I have never modded a game before. Do i have to remove all the mods and just reinstall everything again, or should my simply pasting in the folder be enough? What could I be doing wrong? thanks!

You don't need to reinstall everything, just MenuQue - you probably put it in the wrong folder. You should have MenuQue.dll, OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll and "MenuQue" subfolder in Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\.

Crewdroog
Crewdroog's picture
ah that is NOT where I have

ah that is NOT where I have it.  I will try this.  Thank you so much for your help :)

Crewdroog
Crewdroog's picture
It worked!  Thanks again!

It worked!  Thanks again!

crazyscot
crazyscot's picture
Just a question does Lancer's

Just a question does Lancer's Knights of the Nine Revelations mod conflict with Morroblivion? because I can't get one of the characters I have that has completed that questline with that armor over to Morrowind cause it just crashes. But if I start a new guy it works perfectly.

tehnothing
tehnothing's picture
Alright I have downloaded the

Alright I have downloaded the resource pack twice and installed using bash  install instructions. I have also used boss to configure my load order and manually placed morroblivion.esp to load right the unofficial patch (see below for load order. I am still getting purple and yellow items as seen in the screenshot. Where am I going wrong?

tehnothing
tehnothing's picture
Also I want to add I am not

Also I want to add I am not new to Wrye Bash by any means. I have been using it to mod oblivion and skyrim for years.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Just a question does Lancer's

Just a question does Lancer's Knights of the Nine Revelations mod conflict with Morroblivion? because I can't get one of the characters I have that has completed that questline with that armor over to Morrowind cause it just crashes. But if I start a new guy it works perfectly.

I haven't played that mod, but I don't see why it should conflict with Morroblivion.

Alright I have downloaded the resource pack twice and installed using bash install instructions. I have also used boss to configure my load order and manually placed morroblivion.esp to load right the unofficial patch (see below for load order. I am still getting purple and yellow items as seen in the screenshot. Where am I going wrong?

Activate DLCShiveringIsles.esp

tehnothing
tehnothing's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

Activate DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Thank you so much that did it.

llde
llde's picture
Knight of the nine Revelation

Knight of the nine Revelation doesn't colfict with Morroblivion(tested)

The issues is to be searched in antoher mod probably or just a partially corrupted savegame. Or a bad mod interaction beetween multiple mods.

Elder Scrolls Scribe
Elder Scrolls Scribe's picture
Greetings good people of the

Greetings good people of the TES Renewal project.  First off, thanks for all the hard work done into making this dream come true.  Sadly, I've run into a bit of a snag that I can't work my way out of.  Whenever I try to boot up Oblivion, I get a CTD before the Bethesda logo can even finish.  Now I'm sure I've messed up something, I'm just not quite sure what.  I've tried both manually installing the files and using Wyrbash, but to no avail.  I've attached a collection of screen shots that I hope is comprehensive and can help with aiding me in this problem.  I've spent about 4 hours this morning working on this and I've achieved little success.
http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/Grothonefinger/library/Mor...

Here is the album, thanks for any help.

llde
llde's picture
CTD at startup is a common

CTD at startup is a common sign of a missing master. Can you install manually the Resorucepack and reinstall the masterfile(post a screenshot of wrye bash)? Also are you sure that the file you have were not corrupted by donwload?

Elder Scrolls Scribe
I've reinstalled the resource

I've reinstalled the resource pack manually (sense Wyrebash crashes when I try to do it through it) and I've reinstalled the masterfile from a fresh download, as can be seen in the attached file.  No change though.

AttachmentSize
Image icon try_2_screen_1.png223.27 KB
roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
It will not Run you will have

It will not Run you will have to Activate  Morrowind_ob.esp, Also make  shore you installed Menuque and are Starting you Game With OBSE.

On Download Page. Under.

Load Order and File Details.

Brainslasher
Brainslasher's picture
Contributor
The problem you're having is

The problem you're having is that  installed the mod wrong. You need to go into each 00, 01, etc. folder and copy the contents into your data folder. So that the .esp files are in the data folder with the other esp files that are there already. Same goes for the meshes and textures folder and bsa files. They should all sit in the data folder. The structure should always be /data/meshes , /data/textures, /data/whatever file.esp/.bsa/.esm. If it asks you to overwrite anything click yes. After that tick all the esp files in Wrye Bash and the game should start.

Elder Scrolls Scribe
I did as you instructed and

I did as you instructed and Copied everything out of the 00 and 01 folders into the data folder, over writing or merging as needed.  I also went through Wyrbash and activated the mods, but it went CDT after both instances of the screen shots.  I've also attached an image of my data folder, which should hopefully look right this time.

AttachmentSize
Image icon try_3_screen_1.png116 KB
Image icon try_3_screen_2.png109.24 KB
Image icon try_3_screen_3.png142.46 KB
roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Try De_Activate all files bar

Try De_Activate all files bar Oblivion.esm\DLC Shivering Isle.esp\ Unofficial oblivion Patch.esp and See if your Oblivion will Start Using OBSE.

If not go to User \( User Name)\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\ Delete Oblivion.ini

Your Game will Create a New  (.ini) File. try this.

Brainslasher
Brainslasher's picture
Contributor
Did you install Oblivion

Did you install Oblivion Script Extender correctly? Does the game start with only Oblivion.esm activated?  You didn't install the silent voice mod correctly. Its files should be in data/Obse/plugins. Also your Oblivion.esm and Chargen.esp share the same time stamp, i.e. load time. This makes it load before the Morrowind_ob.esm which is not possible since it relies on its data. This is likely to cause a crash. To fix it right click on the Chargen.esp in Wrye Bash Go to File>Redate. Then pick any date that is after the current one and after the one in Morrowind_ob.esm. Adding two hours or a day should work.

Elder Scrolls Scribe
First one didn't work, so I

First one didn't work, so I tried the second one and all I could find was an Oblivion settings files, but it was the only one in that folder named Oblivion so I said "Why not?" and deleted it.

Works like a charm now!  Thanks so much for all the help, couldn't have done it without you.

DiabloInvictus
DiabloInvictus's picture
Can someone help do a step-by

EDIT: (I have downloaded and managed to get Morroblivion running.)

NOTES:

*When i run the vanilla Oblivion launcher (and start a new game) it starts me in the oblivion prison cell. and when the autosave it finished after making a character, a message pops up and says "OBSE is not detected (and so on)" then i instantly die.

*When i launch via Oblivion Mod Manager and start a new game, it start in seyda neen on the boat and it lets me play without persistent problems. The only messages that pops up is that it says "MenuQue is not installed" but it still lets me run the game fine without any other problems as far as im concerned.

*But a really really weird thing is sometimes it doesnt let me launch via Oblivion Mod Manager and instead i can launch the game with the vanilla game launcher. also i sometimes use the "obse_loader" file to launch the game, (vice versa if i cant use that)

AttachmentSize
Image icon imp_pic.png53.16 KB
Image icon imp_pic2.png55.17 KB
roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Shift the Morroblivion Files

Shift the Morroblivion Files you Downloaded Out of (Program Files (x86) ) Directory,, to C:\Temp  Directory or any other Directory NOT in a Windows Controlled Directory, then Run ... Then if you Have the Same Problems. Delete what the File Created, Then Right Click   Morroblivion_V064_Complete.Part01.exe (Run as Administrator) the file shoud Extract   Morroblivion_V064_Complete 2,376,061 kb    THEN go to Start of this Posting and Follow instructions.                                                                                                                                   By Placing the Files in a Winds Controlled Directory you Have Put Protection  on the Files and they WILL Not  Extract Unless you are an Administrator.

FellxGoldeneyes
FellxGoldeneyes's picture
Im a little confused. I have

Im a little confused. I have Morrowind GOTY installed and able to run but whenever I try to run the morroblivion installer it says that I do not have Morrowind GOTY in my directory. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing seems to work.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Im a little confused. I have

Im a little confused. I have Morrowind GOTY installed and able to run but whenever I try to run the morroblivion installer it says that I do not have Morrowind GOTY in my directory. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing seems to work.

You need to point the installer to the folder where Morrowind.exe is located.

If it doesn't work, check that you have Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon .esm and .bsa files in the Morrowind\Data Files folder.

DiabloInvictus
DiabloInvictus's picture
i got the anthology set that

i got the anthology set that doesnt come with the Morrowind GOTY disc (i think it's the vanilla disc that came with the expansion packs) and it still let me use the directory folder    :P

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
i got the anthology set that

i got the anthology set that doesnt come with the Morrowind GOTY disc (i think it's the vanilla disc that came with the expansion packs) and it still let me use the directory folder :P

So, you fixed your problem, then?

It doen't need to be GOTY edition specifically, you just need to have Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed, from any source. I still have all 3 on original separate discs.

DiabloInvictus
DiabloInvictus's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

i got the anthology set that doesnt come with the Morrowind GOTY disc (i think it's the vanilla disc that came with the expansion packs) and it still let me use the directory folder :P

So, you fixed your problem, then?

It doen't need to be GOTY edition specifically, you just need to have Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed, from any source. I still have all 3 on original separate discs.

yeah, i continued through the installation and the directory. Im sure somewhere it said in the installation thread that i needed the GOTY editions, but turns out i didnt and i was pointing that the other guy to let him to know i did it with the vanilla disc

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Oh, you're a different person

Oh, you're a different person *facepalm*

That's why I should really look at user names when people have no avatars.

Reaper8290
Reaper8290's picture
Ok, so I have been trying to

Ok, so I have been trying to get this mod set up off and on for a while now with no success so far. I just don't get what is going wrong. I have installed all the prerequisites, (except the Unofficial patch, as it for some reason breaks my game) I have both games via steam, I follow the instructions in this post step by step. I have tried manual and wyre bash installation (I prefer manual, I don't like wyre bash very much) but when everything is said and done I cannot launch oblivion with morrowind_ob.esp checked. I get an oblivion has stopped working message. I will include my current load order and any advice on what I'm missing would be very appreciated. 

AttachmentSize
Image icon Load Order119.84 KB
llde
llde's picture
have you tried to delete the

have you tried to delete the Oblivion.ini?

What kind of trouble give you the Unofficial Oblivion patch?

Did you installed Shivering Isle correctly(That can be trnaslated as in a game with ONLY Oblivion.esm and DLCShiverningISles.esp activated you are able to interact with Shivering Isles content)?

Did you update to patch 1.2.416(The last patch) AFTER you installed SI(with SI specific patch)?

Reaper8290
Reaper8290's picture
I haven't tried deleting the

I haven't tried deleting the Oblivion.ini yet I will try that. Installing the Unofficial patch gives the same error I am getting now (Oblivion stopped working message when trying to launch). I have the Steam GOTY edition so it automatically installs and updates all the official DLCs.

llde
llde's picture
Do you have Wrye Bash

Do you have Wrye Bash installed?

If so post a screenshot with the load order from WB.

If your game is crashing during or just after the load video the problem is a missing master. The trouble also happen when a plugin is loaded before one of its master. It may be that maybe the mod manager it's impossibilitated to  change the load order of the file(maybe becouse of missing privileges, do you installed steam(and/or Oblivion in Program files?) so that it try to use  a load order that is invalid.

Reaper8290
Reaper8290's picture
I do have Steam/Oblivion in

I do have Steam/Oblivion in Program files (x86). But I have disabled UAC and have full admin privileges to everything. I am using Oblivion Mod Manager for load order, i don't like Wyre Bash (just a personal preference) and my load order is in an attachment on my first post. The game isn't even making it to loading. After i click play in the launcher it simply tells me that the program has stopped. I do have OBSE installed but I have never used it with steam before and may have done something wrong.

Update: Did a clean install and it's finally working. Thanks you for the advice. 

scotty35503
scotty35503's picture
Is there a method to simply

Is there a method to simply update the resources if we already have them installed from a previous Morroblivion version? I know there was a way to upgrade to v063, but I don't see anything similar for v064.

Thanks.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Go to the Last Page on the

Go to the Last Page on the Download Page. back track to when v064 was Released all in Release Date there.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Is there a method to simply

Is there a method to simply update the resources if we already have them installed from a previous Morroblivion version? I know there was a way to upgrade to v063, but I don't see anything similar for v064.

There isn't.

scotty35503
scotty35503's picture
Anyone know why I might be

Anyone know why I might be getting Missing Mesh errors with the lights in Mournhold after updating? All I did was deactivate my previous versions of the Morroblivion Resources and installed v064. I made sure that my load order is correct. I feel like I'm missing something, but it's making me a bit crazy.

dedbranesels
dedbranesels's picture
Problem:

EDIT: ok, I fixed it, I have graphics now. I simply went through my mods and unchecked most of the Oblivion ones. Graphics fix yes, mods I really wanted to use, no. Although out of frustration I unchecked many instead of scientifically unchecking one at a time and trying. I suppose I will re-tick mods one at a time and see which I can re-incorporate into the game.

OFF TOPIC: I would love to see the Morrowind style of skills and leveling up in Oblivion and Skyrim while still using the better graphics of those games. Morrowind was a better RPG imo. Don't get me wrong, I love the work done here and I'm really looking forward to trying it out. Can't wait to try Skywind and Skyblivion as well once theyre finished.

OFF TOPIC 2: I'm trying an Orc hand-to-hand character now, preferably unarmored (but will prob go with heavy armor). I would love it if someone made a page where you decide the character you want to play and they supply a list of mods you should get for that type character. Would greatly shorten the time I spend trying out and searching all sorts of mods, which usually results in getting too many lol. For all Elder games.

Problem:

I have installed correctly and the game starts, I'm in Morrowind (alternate start) with the Oblivion engine.

Unfortunately, I have no graphics. While I can move around, I can't see anything. The room i start in is pitch black, my cursor still shows people/objects when I correctly line up with them. My character is essentially blind. When I made it outside the room to Gnarr Mok, instead of black screen I have a pure sky blue screen.

I use NMM, some Oblivion mods I had to install manually while others installed via NMM. Initially the game immediately CtD until I unchecked "Uneccessary Violence 3", then it started fine (but blind). Even my character creation, I couldn't see the character I was creating, just had to guess.

I installed Morroblivion correctly (obviosly I'm in Morrowind with the Oblivion engine), however the resources install was manually done, and I only chose "core" as I had already gotten many of the mods in the remaining source files.

Could it be that I need to copy/paste the remaining source files into my Oblivion data folder? Even if I'm not using some of those mods?

I will look further into it, but I'm hoping this is an issue brought up before with an easy answer, as it took all day yesterday to set this up and work through the CtD issue I initially had.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated - I am by no means a master modder, I'm above noob but less than intermediate I'd say.

So, easy red flag answer to it working but with no graphics?

dedbranesels
dedbranesels's picture
This happened to me first as

This happened to me first as well.

I have other Oblivion mods installed as I would like them in Morrowind, and eventually i found out that disabling "Unnessary Violence III" (and associated mods) got me past the crash. Then i had to go into game options and change my screen size to 1366x768 and restart.

This worked for me, so it could be an Oblivion mod you have that is mudding up the gears. Unfortunately now though, the game works but I have no graphics (black screen indoors, skyblue screen outdoors) even though I can still move around and interact with things (I'm blind though so it's not easy).

Just a possibility, it was my problem (for the CtD on title screen)

llde
llde's picture
Black screen? Do you have in

Black screen? Do you have in case some graphical mod OBGE based?

Or Oblivion Reloaded?

dedbranesels
dedbranesels's picture
Yeah, I have Oblivion

Yeah, I have Oblivion Reloaded.

But I put that back in and it's still working.

I have another question, 2 really, how does chargen and transport mod work? I'd like to travel to the oblivion map to get something a mod added and then return to morrowind.

Next, is it better to mod Oblivion, then use Morroblivion with a vanilla Morrowind? Or the opposite? I'm doing the first now.

scotty35503
scotty35503's picture
I have no idea why the

I have no idea why the torches or lamps in Mournhold are suddenly turning up missing mesh errors. The only differences between my load order now is that all of the old Morroblivion Resource files have now been deactivated in Oblivion Mod Manager and v064 is now installed via Wrye Bash. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Alpheus411
Alpheus411's picture
After the 4 or 5 FCOM

After the 4 or 5 FCOM installations I've gone through over the years, the (ok a bit relative) ease of installing Morroblivion makes me cry tears of joy!

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I have no idea why the

I have no idea why the torches or lamps in Mournhold are suddenly turning up missing mesh errors.

Post a screenshot of the problem and your load order.

dedbranesels
dedbranesels's picture
Ugh, I had this working but

EDIT: Lol, ok nevermind. It's definately a bug, but I like it. I went further along and found that ONLY quest related topics show up, or services. All the extra lore convo is gone, and having played Morrowind 1000 times, I'm liking this effect.

Ugh, I had this working but wasn't happy without the mods I wanted when I fixed my CtD issue. So I started from scratch (oblivion mods) and got the minimal amount of mods i wanted for this character (and to make Morrowind prettier).

First, it worked (loaded up), but every interaction the character just said "I have no greeting" or something similar. I googled and fixed that issue by re-installing the UOP (I don't know how that disappeared). BUT NOW, they greet me, but I have no dialogue options. AT ALL. I DO have the icons at the bottom (personalty game, trainer, exit) but the dialogue list is just blank, for everyone except the -Travel dialogue option at the boats.

Tried googling this issue, unfortunately nothing turned up like the "I have no greeting" fix did.

Maybe I just need to re-install the Morroblivion main installer?? I just don't damn know.

scotty35503
scotty35503's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

I have no idea why the torches or lamps in Mournhold are suddenly turning up missing mesh errors.

Post a screenshot of the problem and your load order.

Nevermind. I am an idiot who is too embarrassed to explain how he solved the problem.

Pages