11 posts / 0 new
Last post
AgentsAreGO
AgentsAreGO's picture
[RELZ] Basic Primary Needs "Hungry Like The Wolf" V0.2

Hello, in another of my compatibility patches, I present a patch for Basic Primary Needs. Now you can die of sleep deprivation in Vvardenfell just as immersively as in Cyrodiil! JOY!

This mod adds support for special morrowind liquors, eating utensils, and water sources. Speaking of water sources, it also adds wells to almost every settlement, and canteens to most innkeepers!

v0.2 fixes the bashing problems (removed a bunch of unnecessary OBME info) and adds rather nasty effects to things you shouldn't eat.

This mod requires Basic Primary Needs, and will benefit greatly from COBL.

To install this mod, first install BPN, then unzip this mod into your data directory.

Overwrite the "Basic Primary Needs for objects.ini" file provided with BPN with the one provided by Hungry Like The Wolf, otherwise this mod will have very little effect!

You can download Hungry Like The Wolf v0.2 here.

Happy starvation! :)

Edit: Updated.

Edited by: AgentsAreGO on 12/12/2013 - 20:59
anithinks
anithinks's picture
This is indeed welcome news. 

This is indeed welcome news.  Long ago, I had asked Maskar to make BPN compatible with Morroblivion - he then added the functionality to replace wells on the fly. But there were no wells in Morrowind!!

There were some initial efforts to add wells, but that never panned out. thanks for creating a mod meant just for that!

EDIT: Just added to my game. Wrye Bash coughs up an error while building the bashed patch:

Morrowind_ob - BPN Hungry Like The Wolf.esp: Unexpected subrecord: 'INGR.OBME'
Error loading 'INGR' record and/or subrecord: 010A006B
  eid = u'0ingredUrawUStalhrimU01'
  subrecord = 'OBME'
  subrecord size = 32
Error in Morrowind_ob - BPN Hungry Like The Wolf.esp

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Added to the patch

Added to the patch list.

Wrye Bash coughs up an error while building the bashed patch

Bash doesn't like the changes OBME does to esp files.

AgentsAreGO
AgentsAreGO's picture
That's weird. I bashed it

That's weird. I bashed it just fine. I'll take a look at it today, now that it's finally my weekend. I'll be making a compatibility patch for Camping too. My goal is to make it easy to start in Morrowind and not feel like you have to make a shopping trip to Cyrodiil just to be fairly equipped. :)

Honestly, I don't even think I changed anything in that ingredient.

anithinks
anithinks's picture
Camping is another good mod

Camping is another good mod by Maskar that I use. Please share the patch when you make it :)

Another related mod I use is OBSE bedrolls, (included in the download section of DLL See you sleep). I have been unable to lift the bedrolls I see laying around in Morrowind. Is this something that you can add (spare bedrolls/ bedrolls for sale), or just make the Morrowind bedrolls liftable and useable?

AgentsAreGO
AgentsAreGO's picture
If you downloaded V02, please

If you downloaded V02, please redownload it. I added an optional ESP that makes the levelled lists a bit more restrained. I went a little nuts adding canteens to vendors. :p

anithinks
anithinks's picture
Thanks again for the update

Thanks again for the update (I will refer to this as v2.1 to avoid confusion). I used v2 yesterday, and it worked great. I will update to v2.1 today.

Also saw your message today - most probably too late as you were able to update the thread anyway.

Thoughts on adding OBSE bedrolls, so one can sleep in interiors where camping does not work?

Hori
Hori's picture
Thank you! Just installed it

Thank you! Just installed it and it works!

Gone are the days when I had to carry tens of canteens and go back to Cyrodiil when they were all empty, you are a saviour!

N3URO
N3URO's picture
I've been having a problem

I've been having a problem with this mod, everytime i try to start a game the game crashes while loading, i tried changing the load order and i think it worked once and then it didn't worked anymore, i've been having the same problem with the "Bathing mod_soap" (yeah, just the soap) and the "Basic personal hygiene" mod.

Nothing seems to work so far, checked the compatibility page and it doesn't look like it should give problems.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Has the Mod Been Checked to

Has the Mod Been Checked, to Make Shore it will Work with V064.A lot of Changes went to V064

N3URO
N3URO's picture
Is there another version? it

Is there another version? it's Basic Needs supposed to crash without this mod or a patch? without this mod it's not the same experience, tbh.

[EDIT]

Something weird happening, the game works ONCE, specifically the first time i turn on the computer, otherwise it crashes while loading a new game or a save-game.

[EDIT 2]

Tried another load order and seems to work now, nohing to see here.