Pages

70 posts / 0 new
Last post
Raubkopiesäbel
Raubkopiesäbel's picture
@Spoxe: What language version

@Spoxe: What language version of Oblivion you use? Wen she is using a non-English version of the fact that the sound folder of the races have different names, so they are not recognized by the game.

Greeting

LoneWolfEburg
LoneWolfEburg's picture
More people whose greetings

More people whose greetings are sort of strange:

Radac Stungnthumz (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:Radac_Stungnthumz) - apparently, the coders couldn't make him an actual Dwemer ghost, and made him a Bosmer dressed like one, resulting in him churning out Bosmeri greetings (and also referring to himself as a Bosmer, while making small talk about current events in Morrowind). This definitely needs to be fixed - probably worthy of a bug report in general.

Rabinna (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Rabinna) - it's just strange to hear the Khajiit slave "khajiit work better than lizard" stuff during her quest regardless of what ending you choose. Especially if you do take her to the Argonian Mission.

Nels Llendo (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Nels_Llendo_%28person%29) He initiates conversation, and having him say "go away, scum" to my female character before asking for her kiss made him look quite schizophrenic.

Denegor (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:Denegor) He's drunk, and replies to all attempts to initiate dialogue with "heard you the firs' time" or something like this, which isn't exactly concordant with the rather friendly Bosmeri greetings (he doesn't have any specific Tribunal ones). Plus it's also unthematic for him to make friendly small talk with Hession.

LoneWolfEburg
LoneWolfEburg's picture
Also, this woman:

Also, this woman:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Urshamusa_Rapli

again initiates conversation with you, asking for assistance, plus hostile greetings make her dialogue quite strange.

presto
presto's picture
Hello, I'm a french player of

Hello, I'm a french player of Morroblivion I installed it few days ago and everything work fine except for the voiced conversations mod. What happen is that some characters cheers me (Caius Cosades for example, and others quest related characters) but most of the NPC are not.

I made some changes in the sound folder and manage to have greetings back but they were the Oblivion's one (and in French).

I think it's linked to the fact that I have a French version of both games and that there is conflict beetwin the folders names (like Raubkopiesäbel explained it a few posts before) I tried to do what was explained in his post but t didn't worked

I don't care playing my game in the original versions (I think it's even better than the french one btw) and I really wish that I could find answers here. Thank you for reading that, and I'm sorry if my english is bad. Don't hesitate if some points are not clear I will try to make better :)

P.S: I use STEAM versions of both games, running on Windows 8.1.

Brainslasher
Brainslasher's picture
Contributor
You have to rename the

You have to rename the folders containing the voice files to match the ones your game uses. To find them you could unpack the Oblivion - Voices1.bsa and Oblivion - Voices2.bsa files with a program like this and see what the folders are called. If you're not using the method described here you'll have to unpack the Morrowind_ob - Conversation.bsa first.

You could also change the game language to English via Steam (Not sure how tough).

presto
presto's picture
Ok it's working now, I should

Ok it's working now, I should have missed something the first time.

This time I renamed all the folders in oblivion.esm ; morrowind-ob-conversation.esp ; and Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp by their french names and it's working fine.

Do you know if I can still use the esp translator (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29457/?) to have the texts  in French but the voices in English without risking any kind of bug?

Anyway thanks for your help and congrats for this amazing work :)

Raubkopiesäbel
Raubkopiesäbel's picture
presto wrote:Do you know if I

presto wrote:

Do you know if I can still use the esp translator (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29457/?) to have the texts  in French but the voices in English without risking any kind of bug?
You can easily texts with the ESP-ESM Translator Translate, the voices will continue to play in the game.

Who do you want to paste the french voices, you can also use the VoicedGreetings Translator, they just have German names of folders in french names to rename.

Greeting

Alyndiar2
Alyndiar2's picture
Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

I am unable to download this from any of the links given in the thread. Could anyone repost it?

Regards

Acleacius
Acleacius's picture
Thanks for all the work on

Thanks for all the work on this mod ! :)

It might be nice for some brief install instructions or suggested installer. I tried Wrye Bash and it skipped the esp choice, luckily I checked it.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Have an Error in Morrowind_od

Have an Error in Morrowind_od - Conversation.esp..

In V062 there was a File NPC ( 01260b6c ) this not in V064 was it Removed or disappeared..

AttachmentSize
Binary Data morro_conversation_fix.esp963 bytes
Acleacius
Acleacius's picture
Thanks roxon_55, looking

Thanks roxon_55, looking forward to trying it.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Run Straight Below .esm

Run Straight Below .esm before any other files.

Download Link Still Works, if you run a Download Manager, Disable Manager before Downloading.

lorenzo0000
lorenzo0000's picture
One question, how to?

One question, how to?
I downloaded and insertend bsa and esp in data folder, nothing; i used wrye bash, nothing...

Jackofblaze
Jackofblaze's picture
Is there any way to use this

Is there any way to use this mod and the mod Diverse Voices (which changes Oblivion's Orc, male Dunmer, female Altmer, and female Bosmer voices) together? When I try to have Diverse Voices merged in the bashed patch, those races that are affected by it have no voiced lines in Morrowind.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Jackofblaze wrote:

Jackofblaze wrote:

Is there any way to use this mod and the mod Diverse Voices (which changes Oblivion's Orc, male Dunmer, female Altmer, and female Bosmer voices) together? When I try to have Diverse Voices merged in the bashed patch, those races that are affected by it have no voiced lines in Morrowind.

I have not tested this mod, but in reading the description, it looks like Diverse Voices works by modifying the voice used in the race records.  In vanilla Oblivion, several races don't have their own voicesets but instead use voices from other races: ex, Orcs use the Nord voiceset, Dunmer use Altmer voiceset, Bosmer use Breton voiceset.  The information of what voiceset to use is stored in the race record and affects all dialog by that race. 

Problem: Diverse Voices is probably modifying the affected race records to point them to a newly created voiceset.  That's great for all the voiced mods supported by Diverse Voices because the mod-author went through the trouble of duplicating / filtering every shared line of dialog into the new voicesets.  But it's very bad for all voiced mods which still rely on races sharing voicesets.  Added on top of this complexity is the fact that Morrowind DID have unique voicesets for Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer, Breton, Orcs and Nords.  Morroblivion's authors were able to map all these voices into the shared voicesets of Oblivion (many races to fewer races).

Ideal Solution: Move all the missing voiced dialog files from Morrowind_ob-Conversation's original shared voicesets into the new race voicesets created by Diverse Mods.

Work-around Solution: Have you tried the Voicefile Redirector OBSE plugin?  It looks in other race's voicesets for missing voicefiles... I don't remember how I designed the fallback system, but I might have already added in fallbacks for nords to orcs and dunmer to altmer...  if it doesn't work at all, let me know.  I will put that functionallity on my todo list.

Jackofblaze
Jackofblaze's picture
I haven't tried your ideal

I haven't tried your ideal solution just yet, as I figured the work-around would be quicker to test. Trying to use the Voice Redirector, it resulted in the races with the voice issue to use the default imperial greeting of "How can I help you?", but did not cause them to use the Morrowind voices for their out-of-dialogue-menu greeting and goodbye. I'm about to test your ideal solution, but I did want to ask something to make sure I fully understand how I should go about this. So, for example for Dunmer, I see that in the morrowind conversation mod, the file structure has the majority of the male Dunmer voice files in the High Elf male folder. So should I be moving the voice files for dark elf males to the dark elf male folders added by Diverse Voices then?

Edit: Also, in the case of dark elf males, would I also move the voice files from the morrowind conversation mod in the dark elf male folders to Diverse Voices' dark elf male folder as well?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
If you can hold off on moving

If you can hold off on moving voicefiles around for a day, I will try to post a custom "proof of concept" version of the Voicefile Redirector to see if it can solve your problems....

Jackofblaze
Jackofblaze's picture
Alright, I'll hold off on

Alright, I'll hold off on that for now then. I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me with my rather specific problem. 

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
I posted the new alpha

I posted the new alpha version of voicefile_redirector.dll here: https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-mod-releases/rel-...

Pages