8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rolinthor
Rolinthor's picture
Redoran Hortator Quest not showing

First off, outstanding work on this. I can't believe how much life you've breathed into this old game. Really amazing!

I checked the forum and the FAQs to see if anyone else was having this problem but couldn't find anything quite like it:

Proceeding through the main quest, I reached the Fourth Trial stage (the Hortator parts). Everything seemed to go smoothly, more or less, with the Telvanni and Hlaluu Hortator quests, and I achieved both. However, when I went to Athyn Sarethi, the appropriate dialogue option ("Tell him your story and ask to be confirmed as Hortator, etc....") doesn't show up. The only option is "Ask how a hortator is chosen." No amount of charming or disposition raising seems to have an effect on this issue (besides which, they're all at disposition 100 to me).

A note on my character, possibly important: My character is a high-ranking member of the Telvanni. At some point as I was achieving that rank, I received a quest from Telvanni Master Aryon asking me to convince the Redoran Councillors to vote to end the Mage's Guild Monopoly. My first obstacle to that quest was the fact that every Redoran councillor was at "0" disposition towards me, and no amount of charm spells, bribery or speechcraft seemed to be able to raise that disposition. So, I opted to join House Redoran, and to my surprise, they let me do so (as I recall, this wasn't supposed to be possible in the original, strictly speaking). Thus, when I began the Redoran Hortator quest, I was a Spellwright in House Telvanni and a Hireling (I believe that's the lowest rank) in House Redoran. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Edited by: thermador on 09/28/2011 - 09:30
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Houses
I thought I had totally trapped around being able to join more than one house, but there was obviously a bug in House Redoran, which I have fixed for the next version. Thank You. As far as I know, once you join a faction in Oblivion there is no way to Un-Join it, period. As a member of House Redoran Athryn Sarethi will not talk to you about being Hortator until you have advanced far enough along in the House. It's just a quirk in the way Athryn's dialog works. I cannot remember exactly how far you need to get. You might just need to have guarded him successfully, but you might have to complete all of Athryn Sarethi's House Redoran Quests.
Rolinthor
Rolinthor's picture
Ah, ok. I had suspected

Ah, ok. I had suspected something like that might be the case. Thanks for the diligence, and happy to have been able to spot a bug for you.

I'll try to work through the Redoran quests, see what turns up, and let you know what I find.

Anapoda
Anapoda's picture
Hello,

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. Hortator and quests are not showing in the menu, so the NPC pins don't show either. I became Hortator of the Telvanni and the Hlallu thanks to a quick walkthrough, it worked perfectly fine, but with the Redoran, I saved the consellor's son who's locked up and brought him back, I had the vote, and then nothing.

When I speak to another Redoran consellor, the dialog option isn't available. I have redone que main quest completely from the start with another character, and I have the same problem. Again. 

So before quitting Morrowind main quest I would like to know if doing the Redoran faction quest solved this , can anybody tell me ?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Anapoda wrote:

Anapoda wrote:

When I speak to another Redoran consellor, the dialog option isn't available. I have redone que main quest completely from the start with another character, and I have the same problem. Again. So before quitting Morrowind main quest I would like to know if doing the Redoran faction quest solved this , can anybody tell me ?

Hi, please tell us which fix-patches, if any, you are using right now.  when you restarted your game, did you have Morroblivion-Fixes v1.8b installed?  There are bug-fixes in that version for 4th and 5th trial quests, and House Redoran.

Also, did you look at the list of bugfixes on the Active Bugs and Bug-Fixes 2017 list?

Anapoda
Anapoda's picture
Thanks for the quick answer,

Thanks for the quick answer, I wasn't aware of any fix patches, I will test it tonight and report as soon as I can.

My first game was not moded and it was the same bug. Do you know if the fix patch will apply on my saved games or it will be effective only on new games ?

Anapoda
Anapoda's picture
So I installed the patch, and

So I installed the patch, and now my game keeps crashing almost anywhere in Ald'Ruhn. Whenever the game crashes in Ald'Ruhn, the autosave is damaged. So I think it is a problem with the autosave feature I will solve by myself lol

Although new dialog options with Nibani Maesa are unlocked, (I loaded an older game to test this because I noticed there was some missing dialog entries) it open new diary entries in the "Path of the Incarnate" quest, which is already in the finished quests tab, and opens no further quests for the Ashlander Nerevarine  of Great Houses Hortator. 

I will try other saves for further tests and report soon.

Edit : I disabled the auto-saving feature and everything has been going fine. I had to load a game that was before the end of the third trial to make everything going, but then everything has been going as planned, thanks a lot for the help  Now I have to figure out how to get to Mournhold, I will explore the threads...

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
You can Set Auto Save on Wait

You can Set Auto Save on Wait, With this you Can Choose where to Save on Auto, have run Auto this way for 3 years never failed on a auto save. Save often then if you have a stuff up on a Quest easy to Delete a few Saves to Correct your Game Have Fun.