12 posts / 0 new
Last post
eloth
eloth's picture
[WIPZ] Morrowind Hair Styles
To get the full morrowind feeling im now converting hairstyles from morrowind to morroblivion :) this is such an incredible huge and time consuming task that i would like to reach out to you modders for help I can guide you through how to do this step by step if you are interrested and have the tools and basic skills. Screenshots:
seldalore
seldalore's picture
:O
Impressive! If I may ask, what texture replacer are you using? It's gorgeous :] And... what does it take to convert these hairstyles? I would definitely do it if I were capable.
eloth
eloth's picture
first you need 3d studio
first you need 3d studio max, then you need niftools plugins for max to import morrowind meshes. when you import hair meshes you may need to resize, rotate, or move the meshes around to make it fit with the oblivion head mesh. When you have exported the mesh, you open it up in nifskope, and add a "bip01 head", that line can be copied from a standard oblivion hair mesh. then you add the hair mesh in the cs, and check if the hair matches the persons head, if it doesnt then you have to tweak some more in 3d max to make it fit right. I have made my own texture replacement, using a mixture of qarls and connarys texture packs, i have made normal maps/specular maps/parallax maps for them, so that they have a deep 3d effect. here are some screens:
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Contributor
Spectacular!
Eloth, the textures are Fantastic! I would love to get a copy of your Texture Replacer. May I have one please?
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
Nice Especially great work
Nice :) Especially great work on the normal maps ... I think it looks more detailed than cyrodil now :p btw ... left the creatures department ?
seldalore
seldalore's picture
!
I second Mr. Budreck. Those are indeed gorgeous :D
eloth
eloth's picture
@hashmi: No, im still
@hashmi: No, im still working on that, the creatures thats left now are the most difficult ones to convert. Im almost finished with the texture replacer, some small adjustments in the grazelands area left :)
eloth
eloth's picture
a preview of the upcoming
a preview of the upcoming ghostgate release, now its all animated again :)
rocknrollcowboy
rocknrollcowboy's picture
Contributor
Eloth, great work on your
Eloth, great work on your textures they look great! i am very interested in your use of the original Morrowind HUD interface because having the original HUD and dialog interface from morrowind would greatly improve the good ol warm feeling and experience of having Morrowind run on the Oblivion engine!i believe the biggest purpose of Morroblivion should be to be as close to the original in gameplay,feel, and lure but with oblivion graphics.but pardon me im a ramblin on. i use Connery's textures and Vality's Bitter Coast mod but i was wondering how do i get these from morrowind to oblivion when i use the master file "morroblivion_ob" version .003 that was released recently.i know i cant run the converter to convert these textures from the Morrowind game because it will overwrite the master file but if you know how i can do these i would appreciate it very much if ya tell me how,or even show me where to ask if this is not the right place.
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
@ eloth: Nice. Btw ... try
@ eloth: Nice. Btw ... try the ogrim, it should be easiest to convert (though you would need to apply that skin instance thing for the head). {ogrim's files are named as clanfear_daddy :p} Also I was reading about your method on converting hair and I saw something about resizing and I was wondering ... don't hair come with .egm files which automatically resize the mesh to fit the head? You might want to look into the face-less helmets that the converter itself handles (mostly imperial legion ... though it can also handle glass if you tell it to) ... maybe you can configure it to handle hair as well {make a morrowind mod that uses hair mesh as a helmet ... or something}.
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
Uhhh ... why do we have bots
Uhhh ... why do we have bots coming in again ... I thought reCAPTCHA was supposed to keep them out.
bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
I had an Idea to give npcs a
I had an Idea to give npcs a more Morrowind feel by giving them the scars and tattoos Django has an amazing mod on tes nexus that we can use for that, the hair styles mixed with Djangos unique faces would be amazing. I thought for a while about doing the faces myself, but I wont have enough time to do so.