Pages

954 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ice
Ice's picture
Cool post David! It's cool to

Cool post David! It's cool to hear the history of this place.

Old Wolf: Huzaaa! 

Vivec
Vivec's picture
So David was the worst modder

So David was the worst modder ever and now he's the best. :)

Darth South
Darth South's picture
As 1 year has already past

As 1 year has already past from the first release of Morroblivion, I think we should make a Morroblivion version history. I myself can volunteer to do such a thing going through David's version releases' summaries. There is a summary for almost every version. I think I can make a history post. Still I don't give E.TA, I can only promise you I will, if you think this is a good idea.

MrKWMonk
MrKWMonk's picture
Many thanks for sticking with

Many thanks for sticking with it.  MWOB is my favourite OB mod too.  Have been playing it a lot of late and have found/done stuff that I've never found in all the hours playing the original MW.

I first started messing around with it using v.98b of the converter years ago but kept running into the wolfskin pauldron mesh crash so only ever managed to convert Morrowind without the expansions.  Even then it wasn't very playable so when I discovered this project about 6 months ago I was very pleased someone had picked it up and made a real go of it.

Thanks again to everyone involved.

=)

Ice
Ice's picture
I think that's a great Idea

I think that's a great Idea Dark South! I'd like to look at it when your done! You'd start a new thread for it, right?

Haha @ Vivec.

Agreed MrKWMonk

Payne-XIII
Payne-XIII's picture
Best Mod/Re-Make

I have spent a ton of hours playing with this mod since it first got started where the only thing u had in the fields were rats, crabs, and an occasional zombie inside of the Dwermer ruins. I love this mod and the potential it has behind it is remarkable in more ways than one, yes theres the occasional glitch/crash here and there but thats why theres auto save, Yes I may be preaching to the chorus but Im just showing my respect and such for the modders that spent there time into this, Keep it up!

Aries144
Aries144's picture
My sincere thanks to all of

My sincere thanks to all of you who've worked on this project. It's a joy to see this game playable in the playstyle I prefer (using realism mods, like Duke Patrick's). The plot and flow of Morrowind is simply superior to the "get pointed here, do this" lazy, brain-dead-simple console gamer feel of vanilla Oblivion. Being able to play it with the realism mods made for Oblivion is really the game I've always wanted to play.

I'll do my best to contribute what I can with the time I have (A few more months). I'm currently learning as I go while making up a mod to include water sources in the game for those using survival/realism mods.

Thanks again to all of you.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v043 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated September 25, 2011 It is somewhat strange releasing this while not having worked on it myself, other than to resolve the inevitable conflicts that occur when two people update the same NPC's at the same time. Archangel221 has updated Training!!! I have had this on the list for a year! Thank You! OldWolf58 has updated more NPC's with basic eating/sleeping AI. This will eventually eliminate the need for our stopgap "Shanking Heads" fix in guild halls altogether. Thank You! Darth South has provided 81 more Icons for Clothing. These are much sharper and clearer than the default vanilla icons, and he has stuck with and continued to update his project for Months. Thank You! >>> A New Downloads of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v043! <<<
Ice
Ice's picture
Oh cool. I was just going to

Oh cool. I was just going to get on this thread and ask David to do exactly what he just did, tell us what was updated in the most frequent update. I'll still give my speil anyhow.

David, would you be able to edit a section of the first post in this thread and basically tell us what's changed in the most recent version every time there's a new version? I get excited when a new version comes out and then I get lost looking to see what's new; putting a little 'new this update!' section in the first post would make it super easy for us to see what's new.

Just an idea. :)

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
Any news on the missing audio

Any news on the missing audio in Additional Support Files 2, why was it removed and what’s the plan for the future on adding new audio?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Audio Files
The audio files are not "Missing" from Support Files 2; they were removed. Audio Files were included with v039 and a merge of RobertNeville777's "Voiced Combat and Greetings" mod. Unfortunately, the merge changed the expected ID's on the voice files, so none of them would play. v039 was removed within two days of having been put up, and v040 was released the next day. I had hoped more people would give Robert some feedback on this mod; he worked all summer on it. Please visit his thread and let him know that you appreciate all the effort! http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/2000
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v044 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated October 1, 2011 Darth South has finished his Icons Project!!! We now have beautiful custom icons for Everything! I have said this before, but Morroblivion has the best icons Anywhere! Thank You! Eloth has provided a massive update that puts more goodies into some of the chests, and Locks ALL the chests in Vvardenfell that are supposed to be locked. Thank you! OldWolf58 has provided more NPC's with basic eating/sleeping AI. >>> A New Download of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v044! <<<
Velzevul
Velzevul's picture
questoin about some Morroblivion mods.

Hi, i'm new here. firstly, big thanks to all contributors of this project. this is amazing!

i see in last versions of Morroblivion started work on improving NPC's AI. but there was a mod "Morroblivion AI Packages" that already did it for many NPCs in towns.  and i didn't find info here about this mod if it merged or incompatible with current versions. personally i looked at this mod in tes4edit with v042 Morrowind_ob.esm and didn't found any incompatibilities. it  tagged in my Wrye Bash with "Actors.AIPackages" and "Invent" tags and works well. why dont you merge this mod in new version of Morroblivion?

and second question about "Creatures of Morrowind" 0.91 Beta by Von Djangos. what you think about this mod? i didn't found here any mention about it too. maybe it needs additional work, but it adds many new interesting creatures in Morroblivion LeveledLists, that can be easily merged with Wrye Bash.

sorry for my English. :)

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Not Compatible
Morroblivion AI Packages is NOT compatible with the current Project. This falls under the category of "Most old Morroblivion mods," and is incompatible for reasons I have described elsewhere. I've already gone over the specifics about this, so I'm not going to go through it again. I do not recommend using Morroblivion AI Packages. Use it at your own risk; it will conflict. I do not know anything about "Creatures of Morrowind" 0.91 Beta by Von Djangos, and could not find any reference to it. However, I am beyond integrating such mods myself. We would need somebody to investigate this, contact the author for permission, and integrate it into Morroblivion. Are you interested in doing this? Any additions to Morroblivion are welcome, but I am no longer actively working on the project myself; I'm just coordinating things and assembling the Master. We have all the native creatures of Morrowind, however, so I don't know what such a mod would add. EDIT: Just for the heck of it I dug up a copy of "Morroblivion AI Packages." I have no idea how you can even say that you "didn't find any incompatibilities." There are conflicts all over the place! The whole mod is one big conflict of the current project: Scripts, Clothing, Equipment, AI Packages, Aggression, Factions, Faces, everything. If you use this mod, some of the NPC's won't be wearing any pants! This mod was designed to be used with specific Object Replacements applied to an original conversion from Morrowind to Oblivion using the ESP Converter; it is NOT COMPATIBLE with the current project!
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v045 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated October 8, 2011 This version includes Popo14081976's updated "Siting in Morroblivion!!!" http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/1741 This was an amazing, incredible amount of work! Popo went WAY Beyond the call of duty for this one! He edited the meshes to remove clipping so that Sitting/Standing animations worked properly. He then replaced all the furniture in Morroblivion with updated versions that had the proper furniture markers. Popo also edited objects that got in the way when sitting. All in all, Popo edited 7977 objects in 804 interior cells, plus 234 objects in 63 exterior cells! Thank You Popo!!! Eloth has provided three separate mods, one that places missing smoke on chimneys in Caldera and Ald-Run, one that restores Cursed items in Daedric Shrines, and one that tweaks leveled lists/item placements for bows. >>> A New Download of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v045! <<<
Vivec
Vivec's picture
Damn, I just download

Damn, I just download Morroblivion and all the required mods(I never got around to downloading it before) and then v45 is released a day late :(

Ice
Ice's picture
I'm very excited to have

I'm very excited to have Sitting in Oblivion merged into the esm.

Thanks David, and thank you POPO!!!

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v046 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated October 16, 2011 Eloth and Hashmi have teamed up to restore the Morrowind trap system and Probes! Hundreds of doors in dungeons and tombs are now trapped, so watch out! Eloth also provided a little atmosphere by adding buzzing flies to all the dead bodies laying around. Thermador has provided an update/fix for boat travel. Popo has provided some cleanup and a few more edits for chairs and stools. >>> Thank You Again Popo! <<< SpeedyG869 has started trimming the grass that pokes up through sidewalks and around entrances. I have been wanting somebody to do this for Months! Thank you Speedy! Speedy's work is embedded in a new upload of "Grass & Landscape Mod for Eloth's Visual Overhaul -- Now with Trimmed Grass" as it is not compatible without Eloth's visual overhaul installed. If you have Eloth's Visual Overhaul installed, then this mod is Highly Recommended! >>> A New Download of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v046! <<<
Ice
Ice's picture
Yay Eloth!Yay Hashmi!Yay

Yay Eloth!

Yay Hashmi!

Yay Speedy!

Yay Popo!

Yay Thermador!

Yay David!

Coolest. Mod. Ever.

Coolest. Modding Comunity. Ever.

:D

r3almaster
r3almaster's picture
v046

Good job, perhaps it is the best mod for Oblivion, because it replaces it with Morrowind :)

If the installation will be less sophisticated, then I'll can do a Russian localization (by replacing the text with its localized version or translate it myself).

Are you going to do an installer?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Different Languages
Everything you would need to edit is in the Morrowind_ob.esm file. This controls everything. Others have also talked about various language versions. However, be aware that this project is a Work in Progress, and is constantly changing. Any real attempt at translation would not be practical because the Master keeps changing. Please use caution when making a mod that translates languages, as this would still be a "mod" and Only ONE mod can edit any given thing, object, line of dialog, etc. The one that loads last wins, so your mod will not reflect changes in the Master as we go along.
speedyg869
speedyg869's picture
Good work everyone!

Good work everyone!

Great to see that new things are being worked on.

Payne-XIII
Payne-XIII's picture
Just Finnished the Morrowind

Just Finnished the Morrowind Main quest for the first time with Morroblivion, despite the few few bugs and issues I went thru this is amazing, Something to keep me preoccupied for 11-11-11. Now I just cant wait to play the full Tribunal and Bloodmoon quest line. Keep up the great work everyone!

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v047 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated October 29, 2011 Eloth has provided extensive tweaks and fixes for traps and probes. Eloth has also upgraded most of the Rugs in Vvardenfell. These are beautiful. Eloth has also given spells and weapons to hundreds of NPC's that were unarmed. Thermador has provided an updated lanter hook that should keep lanterns from falling off the walls. Thermador has also provided a tweak for character generation to avoid CTD's during setup. Thermador has also updated the music played in hundreds of interior cells! Thank You! >>> A New Download of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v047! <<<
TripleH31
TripleH31's picture
Wrye Bash Error

Hi Dave,

I seem to be getting a Wrye Bash Error when it scans morrowind_ob.esm :

Loading: 0106006B..0summonSscamp..SPEL.OBME..32..

I reverted back to rev 46 and got no error.

Im still using rev 47 b/c the bash loads fine at the end and I get no CTD when loading. I just thought i would let you know in case this error message could be a potential problem in the future or not.

Thanks!

Dave B
Dave B's picture
No Errors
I checked for errors with the CS, Tes4edit before releasing. Wrye Bash does not give me any errors, either. This spell has some embedded OBME code so if you use Oblivion Magic Extender it will probably have extra benefits. I had thought that when a save was made in the CS, it removed extraneous OBME stuff, but apparently not in this case. Presumably this spell will not work if it relies on OBME and you don't have it, but as far as I know, no spells were added or updated in v047, so I do not know why this would crop up now.
speedyg869
speedyg869's picture
Thanks!

Good work Eloth, Thermador and David!

Clint
Clint's picture
David, like always, thank

David, like always, thank you.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v048 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated November 6, 2011 This release is for Hashmi's Vvardenfell Creatures. Please stop over at Hashmi's thread for details, pictures, and to thank him for all his hard work! http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/2145 * Golden Saint * Scamp * Clanfear * Hunger * All the various Kwama, including Scribbs and the Queen This is a massive expansion, and REQUIRES a new download of Hashmi's Vvardenfell Creatures: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qks7xd9i3fodoln/Hashmi%20Vvard... Once merged into the Master, a mod like this is NOT compatible as a stand-alone mod. If you are currently using Hashmi's creatures mod, please deactivate it. I have also reworked the Installation Instructions. >>> A New Download of Additional Support Files 2 is NOT Required for v048! <<<
embraceunity
embraceunity's picture
Ideas

Hey David,

I have two easy suggestions for you, which you can take or leave.

1) I highly recommend you switch from RAR to 7z. The difference in both speed and compression is pretty shocking, and you should test this for yourself. 7-zip is available for free from http://www.7-zip.org/

2) The new version of PyFFI is out, and I noticed huge and profound improvements by using it, with no downsides whatsoever. In fact, I notice less crashing.  Again, you don't have to take my word for it. You could benchmark before and after to see for yourself.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyffi/files/

Apologies if you've considered these already. Thanks for all your hard work. You're a force of nature.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v049 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated December 26, 2011 We finally have a Real, Functioning Levitation Spell!!! Thank you to Eazzy!!! Hashmi has fixed several meshes, including some rings not turning invisible, the ground model for the Imperial Studded Leather Cuirass, and some Chandaleer objects. Fixes are included in Additional Support Files 2. qwertyasdfgh has finished the Object Placement Fixes!!! Thank you! This includes repositioning THOUSANDS of individual items almost everywhere in the world. The amount of time spent on this was Enormous, so everybody give a round of applause that this is finally finished! qwertyasdfgh also provided two other fixes for stacks of gold and Renting Beds. Thank You. In answer to some suggestions, I use RAR instead of 7z because in my own head-to-head tests RAR outperforms 7z every time; the difference can be negligible to significant. >>> A New Download of Additional Support Files 2 Recommended but not Required for v049 <<<
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Thank you all for this work,
Thank you all for this work, especially qwertyasdfgh for the object placement fixes ... !!! I have already rebuilt a v049 of my complete distro but I need to do a bit more testing before I release it. Amazing work everyone. :-)
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v050 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated January 8, 2012 Who would have thought, more than a year ago when I released v001, that we would ever make it to v050? This version includes updated "Region" names by Qwertyasdfgh, so that now when you are in Balmore the game says "Balmora" rather than "West Gash Region." This is one of thoes things that may be subtle, but will make the game feel more immersive. I have also included Qwerty's Fix for the sound made by Ashlander tent doors. Dobbs has provided a small object placment fix for Arrille's Tradehouse. Thermador has provided TEN Mods for this version! Thank you Thermador!!! These include: Aleri Duro Fix Dareleth Ancestral Tomb Entrance Fix Darts of Judgement to Daggers of Judgement Fix Hospitality Papers Fix Huleens Hut Fix Irgola Fix Mysterious Killings Fix Potion Recipe Fix Public Areas Fix Vassir-Didanat Ebony Mine Entrance Fix
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v051 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated February4, 2012 Thermador has cleaned up and Finished the Morag Tong Quest Line including "Threads of the Webspinner" Sanguine Items! Thank You!!! This means that you can now play through ALL the Vanilla Morrowind Quests! Thermador has also provided some cleanup for the Thieves' Guild Quest Line. Qwertyasdfgh has updated the sounds Containers make when you open or close them. They now sound like they are supposed to... instead of all sounding like Barrels! Qwertyasdfgh has also provided a Massive Cell Ownership and AI mod. This should clear all individually owned objects so that merchants won't try to sell you everything they own! Thank You!!! This is one of the little things that has always bugged me, and always kept me from doing any serious shopping. Qwertyasdfgh has also provided a new mesh for the Bonemold Bow, so that it doesn't just look like a Chitin Bow. I have made some fixes to the Love of a Bosmer Quest, and cleaned up some dirty edits that were pointed out by Qwertyasdfgh. A couple of different people have said something about the missing animation for PlayDrum, but the animation is NOT missing when I look for it. I did make one attempt to clean this up anyway, but that caused a cascade of other errors and I rolled back. It is more difficult than normal to "fix" something that doesn't need fixing when I look at it, so somebody else will have to address this if it happens to them. I have also bundled the INI files for Eazzy's Levitation Spell into the Additional Support Files 2. >>> A New Downloads of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v051! <<<
ReepingHavoc
ReepingHavoc's picture
Just curiouse. i already have

Just curiouse. i already have converted the vvardenfell cell base with the esp converter. is there a few specific files i could download that would add the quests in there. or is that out of the picture?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Master File
Have you read what has been updated, fixed, and addressed in this Master File? As has already been said in other threads with this same topic: No, there are not just a few files that will take the place of months of work on this Master File. Read what is included in this project; NONE of that will be included in a Master File from conversion.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v052 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated April 22, 2012 I have updated a couple of things from the Bug Reports, but mostly v052 is by Qwertyasdfgh. Thank You Qwertyasdfgh for not letting this project slide into obscurity!!! Qwertyasdfgh has provided Eleven different mods for this release, including Finally Addressing Dagoth Gares, Dagoth Ur, Vivec, and Azura being Playable Races... Plus item placement fixes for 700 items! * Animated doors inside Bars (Included New Meshes so Additional Support Files 2 Required) * Cell Water Height fix for cells not containing water (this bugged me too, Thank You!) * CharacterGen class used for NPC's has been replaced with "Commoner" like they should be * Evidence Chests where Stolen Goods are Confiscated when Arrested now work properly * Eye fix on several NPC's that were missed even after all this time * Idle Animation Fix that I had somehow missed including in v051 * Item Fixes for various things that were not working properly * Item Placemtent Fixes for 700 Individual Items Thank You!!! * Pelegaid Armorer interior cell fix * Spelling has been corrected on dozens of objects &people (Capitalization will come in v053, sorry) * And, Playable Races not supposed to be Playable have been changed to Unplayable I have tested the Playable Races vs. Unplayable thing in-game, but there is still some room for doubt in my mind that this will work properly. Please report any problems with speaking to Dagoth Gares, Dagoth Ur, Vivec or Azura. There are also 53 enhanced meshes by Qwertyasdfgh included in the Additional Support Files 2. >>> A New Downloads of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v052! <<<
Ice
Ice's picture
Wow. Awesome! Wonderful work

Wow. Awesome! Wonderful work Qwertyasdfg!

That's incredible! :D

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Great work David and

Great work David and Qwertyasdfgh -- thank you for keeping the project going strong!!!  :-)

Clint
Clint's picture
Good work Qwerty!

Good work Qwerty!

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
Good to see something new

Good to see something new !
Thank for covering that part.

r3almaster
r3almaster's picture
Thanks for your work Qwerty.

Thanks for your work Qwerty.

Bim
Bim's picture
rus translate

I have a question. Is it possible to transfer the Russian text? I give this version .esm files of this game. would be very grateful :)

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Translations
Others have mentioned translations from time to time. Yes, it is certainly possible, but it would be a massive amount of work, and will start to become obsolete the moment a new version of the Master is released. Possible, but not really practical.
Ice
Ice's picture
Just curious, what if they

Just curious, what if they made the translation an esp file? Would that crash when the esm is updated.... or could something like that work? (Aside from the massive amount of hours needed.)

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
I would use an Oblivion

I would use an Oblivion translation tool like the EggTranslator for such tasks. These tools build up a translation database storing the original and the translated strings. When the database is applied to an esm file the translation is carried out by string comparison thus it can be easily applied to a new version of the esm without affecting anything else.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
An older Russian translation

An older Russian translation is available here; however, I think Bim is asking about updating it somehow.

Not being able to read Russian, I have no idea how old that translation is.

Black Shadow
Black Shadow's picture
Translation really has crash

Translation really has crash with each new version ESM, therefore I personally correct all possible discrepancies on my version of translation which is laid out on a foreign site (not having any attitude to that translation under the reference that is specified above Thermador) updating of the basic ESM a file, it for me always the new headache, and tireless search of again formed bugs and mistakes which appear in connection with discrepancy of added changes by translation which was created under earlier versions, but since version 0.48 and on version 0.52 I managed to get rid of critical mistakes, we shall look that will be further :) 

Ice
Ice's picture
Wow, the last version of

Wow, the last version of Morroblivion I downloaded was 46.

Now with all the hubbabaloo about Skyrim, I was showing my buddy the begenings of Mororwind_sk (using Unkownone's meshes and Shadow's esp) and we started getting excited about Morroblivion.

I ended up pulling my Oblivion out, proverbially dusting it off, and started it up. Man, what a laggy beast it's become. In Cyrodiil and MOrrowind, talking to anyone presents serious lag, and my framerate must never go above 15 fps. It's baaaad.

And yet, after half an hour of ticking mods on and off, downloading, searching, fixing, we made our way to morrowind with my buddies character.

Sentamentality insued. (He got caught in a blight storm, one-hitted a cliff racer, and traveled on foot from Seyda Neen to Tel Vos).

Since that time, around 11:00pm yesterday, my buddy has formated his laptop, I've backed up my Morroblivion/ Oblivion folders, and just now downloaded the new files I've lacked since v46. Tonight the plan is to get fresh installs to play one of the best mods ever for Oblivion. 
He told me he wants the best texture overhauls and whatnot. Hah! I can't wait for him to experience the epicness that is Morroblivion, and quite honestly, I'm excited to see all the new content I've missed in the last 6 versions. :D

Thanks again to everyone who has donated their time, minds, and pieces of their heart to this wonderful project!

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Downloads

When Some 1 get the chance can they check the Downloads for Vvardenfell Imports, The Link to Download at tesnexus Part1 goes to (Echo music Pack)

Part2 goes to (rideable Slaughterfish)

Grass&Landscape for Eloth's Visual Overhaul now with trimed grass on Mediafire comes up (invalid or Deleted file)

Wayne

Pages