Pages

954 posts / 0 new
Last post
ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Bloodmoon
The snow bear and wolf have been both converted so there is no need for retexture.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v036 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated July 24, 2011. I have been very busy playing and debugging Quests! I am playing through the Quests from the context of a game, not using console commands, etc. A fair number of the Quests needed tweaking in one way or the other, but when I say I have "Finished & Debugged" it means I have fixed any/all bugs that I encounter, and have successfully Completed the Quest Line in-game. In v035: * I have Finished & Debugged the entire Imperial Cult Quest Line. * I have Finished & Debugged the entire Imperial Legion Quest Line. * I have Finished & Debugged ALL the Wilderness & Ashlander Miscellaneous Quests. Now in v036: * I have Finished & Debugged the entire Mages' Guild Quest Line. * I have Finished & Debugged the entire Fighters' Guild Quest Line. * I have Finished & Debugged the entire Thieves' Guild Quest Line. --> This includes all the Thieves' Guild Bal Molagmer Quests. * I added a lost Legion Quest not included in the final version of Morrowind. * I have finished & done a couple of other stray quests in Vivec. * I have done all the Daedric Shrine Quests except Molag Baal. * I am about 30% finished with House Hlaalu, Stronghold Stage 2 Completed * I am about 90% finished with House Redoran, Stronghold Stage 2 Building * I am about 85% finished with House Telvanni, Stronghold Stage 1 Building * I am about 40% finished with the Temple Quests I have played through the Fighters' and Thieves' Guilds Quests in Tandem, and have made sure that they do not conflict with each other. Edwinna is still actually checking for Magician Rank, even though she says Conjurer. This fix will have to wait for v037. Additionally, I went through every Tomb in Vvardenfell and fixed the mist that is supposed to appear above ash pits. I cannot believe how much of a difference this one change has made! Now we really need somebody to put some more cobwebs in all the tombs... I have included Iceburg333's Script for Lava to cause Fire Damage that I forgot to include last time. Standing in Lava now Hurts! Thank you! Telemesesick has provided several more Object Placement fixes. As a final note, I will be leaving Vvardenfell for Cyrodiil when I finish going through all the Quests. I expect this to be on or around August 12th. That gives me two full weeks/weekends, plus a little extra. I am not going to attempt Bloodmoon before leaving. I will continue to assemble the Master, and will come back to visit for Bloodmoon, and when the Queen of the Ashlands finishes East Empire Company, and then Tribunal... Included in this version of Additional Support Files 2: * Unknown has provided hooks that actually hold things up again. * Hashmi has provided updates to the Kagouti and Storm Atronach. >>> A New Download of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v036! <<<
Clint
Clint's picture
Yeah!

Rock on David!

Ice
Ice's picture
WOOT!

Agreed! Rock on!

Omnomax
Omnomax's picture
Very fast progress, you rock

Very fast progress, you rock im having a absolute blast playing Morrowind again!

on a side note, any plans to mess with Morag tong quest chain? its pretty hopelessly messed up as far as i can tell, was kinda hoping to complete it before I play the Knights of the Nine quest chain and redeam my currently evil character ( hes completed Theives guild on Cyrodil and Vardenfall, as well as Dark brotherhood in Cyrodil  :D. )

Anyway keep up the good work! let me know if i can help in any way, i have some experiance with the CCS editor and mod making :)

Cheers

-Omno

MrKWMonk
MrKWMonk's picture
I too want to add my thanks

I too want to add my thanks to David and the others helping with this project.  I'm really enjoying the experience of playing MW with the OB engine.  Really appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing.

Cheers,

KaosWarMonk

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morag Tong
Whatever I do with the Morag Tong will not be right away. I had initially thought I would play through the Morag Tong Quest Line at some point after travelling back to Cyrodiil, but I got mad after actually reading through the Grandmaster Writs and seeing what they are about. The Cardinal Law for Assassins is not to get personally involved, but these idiotic quests have you going afteter NPC's that you have possibly had interations with. When I saw that you would need to kill Larrius Varro, Baladas, Theranna, and Dram Bero, I gave up on the Morag Tong. I like crazy Theranna, and doubt whether I could bring myself to kill her even for testing purposes. However, I think it would be very cool to meet the Morag Tong Assassin in the DLC Mehrunes Razor Quest as a fellow Morag Tong member, and challenge him for the Writ. What I may do, is create a separate mod for the Morag Tong that replaces all the Grandmaster Writs. I'm leaning towards redemption at this point, and going after all the Morag Tong Guild Halls... Or, perhaps conflicting/changing loyalties as the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. But, whatever I do, it will not be for many months.
Ice
Ice's picture
Lol, DLC confusion. David: I

Lol, DLC confusion. 

David: I really like the idea of a mod that has a better purpose / goal for the morag tong. I liked how the dark brotherhood didn't seem to kill off your main quest givers. Morag tong has a nice realizm to it since the character you're killing have more of a 'life' than most npcs, but if you did the other quests first, you feel like you're killing of the Neraverine's friends. I'd be totally fine with killing off the morag tong quest givers....

I get a message that is at the least very similar to anithinks' error. Mine is when I build a bash patch. It skips the morroblivion esm. It's never affected play that I've noticed, but its there...

Didact1
Didact1's picture
V36 already? I only

V36 already? I only downloaded V35 the other day...

Anyway... ALL NPCs with 'E' as their starting name have been done, I really hope it is able to be merged with v36... I'll start on 'F' in the next version of the master ASAP but first let me finalise and upload the esp with all 'E's done...

Ice
Ice's picture
Hey Didact1, what are you

Hey Didact1, what are you working on? I looked you up in the readme and it says you're working on NPC faces, AI and Clothing. That's a lot!

Omnomax
Omnomax's picture
@ DavidI totally agree with

@ David

I totally agree with you as well, i had to read through my Morrowind GMTY Guide a few times on the morag tong front to be sure i wasn't killing anyone important to other quests when i played Morrowind back in the day, was planing to do the same just for completion purposes lol.

I think your Anti-assassin idea really makes more sense then its current quest chain, Morag tong is the sworn enemy of the dark brotherhood and performs "assassinations sanctioned by the empire to provide three varieties of execution : Public executions, private executions, and house war executions" so it makes more sense that there should be some law involved since its the empire calling the shots, and not just random "go kill this guy for no reason even tho hes your buddy" missions

It would be cool to totaly rework it, it always seemed really thrown together to me anyway.

Ice
Ice's picture
Agreed.

Agreed.

Didact1
Didact1's picture
Yeah its alot

Yeah its alot... I did AI a while back now but im busy because of major study... But I do have time to design unique faces for each NPC, I reworked the main quest NPCs then started doing faces everywhere I go/travel... Now? Alphabetical order...

All NPCs with their IDs starting with 0A or 'A' along with B, C, D and now E are done. Hopefully I dont have to redo ALL of 'E' because of a new master file :P and as soon as i finalise what i got and upload it ill download the new master and work on F and so fourth...

Ice
Ice's picture
Wow man. That IS a lot. Keep

Wow man. :D That IS a lot. Keep up the good work!

I hear you on the major study part, I get to get back into that again this fall, but for now I'm on glorious summer break.

calvindo
calvindo's picture
Good job, I hope you guys are

Good job, I hope you guys are going to be doing this for skyrim :( It would be nice to go back to morrowind even if its old lore it was an wonderful game.

RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
Morag Tong

David, seeing as I made the Morag Tong quests, Ill give them a no-console playthrough sometime soon (in my breaks at uni). I seem to remember playtesting them with the console and finding that they worked, but there were some annoyances, for example a target with Daedric minions would sometimes be killed by them. The Morag Tong missions were so similar to recreate that I just wanted to get away from them by the time I'd gotten them roughly working. Also Its a pain in the ass finding some of the destinations without the console.

Actually I think there may have also been world spaces that crashed that you had to go through. These werent directly related to the Morag Tong missions, but they were convienient shortcuts that had something that wasnt converted properly or something, theyve probably been fixed by now with all the progress thats been made but ill report anything I encounter, or look the problem up in the forums.

Also I agree, some of the mission targets are NPC's that you grow quite fond of (or their essential to other quests), and the doing the whole Morag Tong at once is damn frustrating.

Fresh install of Morroblivion dowloading now,

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v037 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated July 24, 2011 Didact1 has provided 80 more absolutely Beautiful faces. Thank You! I have finished going through Morrowind. For this version I have completed the Tribunal Temple, all three Houses, and the Main Quest. I have successfully completed (and debugged) 373 Quests in-game. I have tweaked the final battle with Dagoth Ur so the crank works and the doors don't keep sliding around. I also found the bug that failed to recognize completion of all three houses. This only affected people that had completed either House Redoran or House Telvanni first. When I had gone through them the first time, I wasn't a member of any House as none of the Houses worked yet, so the bug did not affect me. I have updated the AI of all the Cattle so they don't wander around and chit-chat with the Vampires. I was going to do the same for Slaves, but there are 140 of them and I just didn't have the energy. I will do that at some point in the future. I am now going to use my World Transport Mod to travel to Cyrodiil and start the Oblivion Main Quest. This will be the last release where I am actively working on this project until I come back for Bloodmoon, East Empire Company, and Tribunal. I have no ETA on when that will be. >>> No New Downloads of Additional Support Files are Required for v037 <<<
EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
I'm wondering about the Morag

I'm wondering about the Morag Tong Sanguine items quests. Are there any plans for that?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morag Tong
I have no current plans to do anything with the Morag Tong. I keep going back and forth whether I want to attempt to modify the last quests so I can play the quest line or not. At this point not. I suppose we'll see what I feel like when I get to Mehrunes Razor, but that will be many months from now. I have no idea whether Raditz will finish the Sanguine items this time around.
Ice
Ice's picture
Dear Morroblivion Crew,You

Dear Morroblivion Crew,

You Rock!

Sincerely,

Iceburg

;)

MrKWMonk
MrKWMonk's picture
Thanks David, have fun in in

Thanks David, have fun in in OB  :)

There looks to be a tiny typo in th first post current release heading, see below...

Description
=================================================================
Current Release Version is v07.
=================================================================

Cheers

RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
Sanguine items

I keep forgetting about (or avoiding) those sanguine items, I had a placeholder mod set up a while ago but who knows where thats gone or if it'll even be compatible anymore. I'm making casual progress through a morag tong playthrough atm to jog my memory of how i fit it all together. If i get the time ill slowly put together the few dialog bits and set up the missing items needed to finish off that loose thread once and for all. I have to say that its not really a priority for me, but i dont expect anyone else will feel like doing it.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v038 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated August 21, 2011 Even though I am no longer actively working on Morroblivion, I still worked on it :) There were a couple of things outstanding that I have now finished. I have updated the AI of all the Cattle and Slaves so they no longer wander around chit-chatting about current events with the Vampires or Slavers. I have also set the AI of any NPC with a "GameMode" block in their script as "No Low Level Processing," in an attempt to help streamline & Speed things up. Darth South has provided 104 Beautiful new Icons for Miscellaneous Items. Thank You! Thermador sent me a patch for dialog about the player not wearing anything, but I have just deleted everything associated with it. The way Oblivion deals with "detecting" clothing is fataly flawed in multiple ways, and just about everybody that has run into this reported it as a "bug." If it isn't any fun for people, then it has no place in the game. Other than that, the list of contributions has been getting smaller and smaller. People that have things reserved on the Help Requested Page have not sent me anything in Months. So, unless some other people start stepping up, what we have now is the way it is going to stay. I no longer have anything outstanding that is gnawing at me to finish. >>> A New Downloads of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v038!
Ice
Ice's picture
David, I noticed this line

David, I noticed this line with the release of v038 "This Master File is NOT Compatible with any Mod that used any previous version of the Morrowind_ob.esm Master File. This includes Most previous Morroblivion Mods."

As Morroblivion Modders what do we need to do to make our mods compatible again?

Thanks David!

Mavus
Mavus's picture
I have downloaded all of the

I have downloaded all of the requisite files and additional mods but I can't find a download link for the master file. Its says uploading on the main download post.

Darth South
Darth South's picture
Maybe the problem's with me

Maybe the problem's with me but I think v38 does not contain new icons I made. I going to check it now.

EDIT: Yes it doesn't and also it looks like not only the master, but additional support files also doesn't include new icons. Still it might be my own problem. I am going to check it a little deeper. If you want them now here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wmm004wg5riv14n

Didact1
Didact1's picture
Sorry..

I'm sorry you haven't heard of me for a while but I've been really busy.... VERY Busy so things have been slow... Also I'll be honest I am sick of my laptop! Truth be told I am kind of preparing to move on to Skyrim and also I am getting a new rig. I actually uninstalled Oblivion but eventually I could not resist and installed it again and began playing it...

I will have something for v38 hopefully so no worries! But it will be slow and editing NPCs faces is hardwork since every face must BE unique

Also just a question....

Do any of you suddenly get like 50 NPCs suddenly appearing around you when you fast travel or something back??? Like they appear with you? This has caused a MAJOR lag in the game and slows down the game.... It happens once but it does happen well to me anyway... Among those NPCs includes great house councilers and NPCs you speak to on Vvardenfell

Regards

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Re

iceburg333 wrote: As Morroblivion Modders what do we need to do to make our mods compatible again?

No.  That is a really old disclosure from when the project was forked, I edited David's post to make that more clear. 

It's been a long time!  David put out the first version of his master file almost a year ago.

Darth South
Darth South's picture
Additional Support Files 2

Additional Support Files 2 contains my new icons, I think the problem's with the master file. I doN'T think what we use right now is v38.

Ice
Ice's picture
Sweet. Thanks Thermador, I

Sweet. Thanks Thermador, I kind of flipped out when I read that, lol.

:)

Ya, its much less scary now. Thanks for cleaning that up. :)

RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
Morag Tong

For the morag Tong, Ive played through most of it and havnt run into any problems. Seeing as a lot of the targets for missions are important characters from other quest lines, there may be some problems that could arise with those, but these will probably be things that happened in the original Morrowind. Ill have to play through a few times to make sure the whole quest line works properly when you switch back and forth between quest givers though, but looking at my setup in the editor i dont think there will be any issues there. As for the sanguine items, it really dosnt look like ill be adressing them any time soon, my free time for these things keeps getting pushed back by university deadlines, which is frustrating, I simply cant fint the time to get started on it.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Compatibility
The quesion of compatibility is a tough one. It took me many hours and a LOT of working with the Master to really wrap my head around how it works. My original thread lead people to believe that any mod was guaranteed to be incompatible, while Thermador's editing of my thread inferred that there is no problem whatsoever with mods that used previous versions of the current Project Master File. Neither is true. With a Master File that continually changes, yes, there is ALWAYS going to be the potential for conflict, and I have rewritten the statement on my post in an attempt to be more clear. That is why assembling the Master is a job unto itself; it is not just a matter of merging everything together, but involves checking for--and resolving conflicts. There are Always conflicts. This has more to do with what the mod edits than anything else. A mod that edits NPC's is definitely going to be problamatic, as hundreds of NPC's have been updated between v034 and v038: Faces by Didact, and Factions, AI, and scripts by me. Whle mods that add references to the wilderness will almost Never cause problems. To check for conflicts, get a copy of Tes4Edit and learn how to use it. This can be challenging as Tes4Edit is not entirely intuitive for some. However, ALL Mods should be cleaned with Tes4Edit prior to release anyway to remove unwanted or accidental edits (commonly known as "mod dirt"). v039 will be released later today or tomorrow with the missing icons that were supposed to be in v038, plus RobertNeville's wonderful work on voiced dialog. Thank You!!!
Ice
Ice's picture
Awesome!Thanks for the

Awesome!

Ya, I think that the new explination is a lot clearer.

Thanks for the explination and the good news. :)

ps. we have 8 users and 23 guests online. Nice :)

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v039 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated August 27, 2011 I apologize for having somehow managed NOT to include Darth South's beautiful icons in v038. They are included in v039. RobertNeville777 has spent all summer working on Morrowind Voiced Dialog! Thank You! These are included in this version. This should make a significant difference in atmosphere. Dialog is still a Work in Progress; there is a LOT of dialog to do, and it is a LOT of work! Please stop over to his thread and tell him how great these sound! http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/2000 >>> A New Downloads of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v039! <<<
Ice
Ice's picture
So RobertNeville777's

So RobertNeville777's dialogue IS included in the main esp, meaning we DON"T need to download it from his link if we have v039?

Clint
Clint's picture
Yeah, so delete the
Yeah, so delete the Morroblivion Conversation.esp and almalexia.esp.
Ice
Ice's picture
Hehe, just after I installed

Hehe, just after I installed it. lol

KK cool I will.

eloth
eloth's picture
v39 makes the music stop when

v39 makes the music stop when you enter an interior, especially taverns/shops, anyone

else noticed this? Or am i the only one with this problem?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Music in Taverns
This is not something new to v039, it dates back several months and many versions ago. Henshu changed it so that musicians would play her lute music in taverns instead of whatever music is currently playing, provided that you have downloaded and installed Henshu Lute Music. EDIT: I have heard the music play myself, so I know it's in there. To do this, she substitutes a 5-Minute silent MP3 to quash the normal music, then plays her's separately.
Ice
Ice's picture
You know, I installed Hensu

You know, I installed Hensu Lute Music back when I came to Morroblivion (I think around v026). I've never heard the musicians play any music.

Are the musicians currently supposed to play music / is this a bug for me?

If so, I think I've always used better music so that could be my problem.

Either way its no big deal, I'm just curious.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v039 Removed
I'm sorry, but there is no real way of rectifying the mismatc in ID's when Robert's mod is merged into the Master. This will, unfortunately, always need to remain a Mod. I have placed a link to Robert's mod in my list of mods. This is, unfortunately, not the first time a release has been a disaster. v003 was too. I will go back to what had been done on v039 before dialog, merge a mod I just received from Telemessick, and then release v040 as soon as I can. Unless something else happens, I should be able to do this tomorrow.
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Thanks

Thanks David, you're the man! :)

Ice
Ice's picture
Merged Master or not, David

Merged Master or not, David and Robert, you two rock.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v040 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated August 29, 2011 Voiced Dialog from RobertNeville777's mod being merged into the Master is a no-go. Doing so changes the ID's of the voice files, so none of the links that he spent hours and hours on will work. Please stop over to his thread and tell him how great these sound! http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/2000 * v040 contains the 104 Darth South icons that were supposed to be included in v038. * Object Placement fixes for 33 more cells by Telemessick. Thank You! If you downloaded the Additional Support Files 2 for v038 or v039, then you do NOT need to redownload it now. If you have not downloaded this in a while, then you will need the 104 icons from Darth South that are included.
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Edward fortyhands

Wow, version 40!!!  Nice work.  I've got folders for about 25 versions on my computer hahaha.

Darth South
Darth South's picture
New icons added to v40 are
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v041 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated September 3, 2011 This is a maintenance release; there is no new material. I have reset NPC's that had "No Low Level Processing" checked. This should fix any problems people were having with NPC's following the player. I have also re-uploaded Additional Support Files 2 with the Fixes Darth South provided for his icons.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v042 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated September 11, 2011 PATH GRIDS!!! I spent all weekend generating Path Grids for every cell in the Morrowind Worldspace that would take them. My character is nowhere near Vvardenfell, so I won't be able to see the effects of this, but I am, Obviously, finding it somewhat difficult to let go of this project I have been working on for a year! Please let me know if you notice any difference! Darth South has finished his Icons for Miscellaneous Items. Thank You! Darth South has provided the first of his Icons for Clothing. Morroblivion has the most Beautiful Icons of any mod out there!!! Iceburg333 has provided some fixes for black edges around some of the plants in Bloodmoon. OldWolf58 has started updating AI. He began with correcting the Stopgap "fix" used in many guild halls to prevent NPC's from following the player around like puppy dogs. Unfortunately, this stopgap "fix" caused them to shake their heads wildly. I had gotten permission from CemKey some time ago to incude his Water and Waterfall meshes for the Vivec Palace, but kept forgetting to include them. So now, here they are in Additional Support Files 2. >>> A New Downloads of Additional Support Files 2 IS Required for v042! <<<
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm One Year Anniversary
A year ago today I released v001 of Morrowind_ob.esm. I released v042 yesterday. There were 4 sub-releases of v003, so technically, there have been 45 releases in 52 weeks. I would say that is a pretty good track record of constant improvement. We have kept the pace up for an entire year! I originally came to this project because, and only because I had enticed Yoshimo into joining the project. He was the modder, not me; I was just along for the ride. Yoshimo was an excellent and very experience modder; I was not. Who could have seen that Yoshimo would bail after only a few weeks, but I wouldn't? I had never released a mod, AND I had never played Morrowind. Yoshimo kept sending me these long E-Mails as if I had any idea what he was talking about. When I saw the bare ropes that at the time were the "Ghostfence," I thought it was supposed to be that way. When I went to Vivec for the first time I asked a friend if there was supposed to be a big rock floating in the air over Vivec, or if that was some bug in conversion. When somebody was telling me about a crash when they got to Hla Oad, it sounded to me like he was talking about an NPC, so I went looking in the CS for an NPC named "Hla Oad." Hashmi educated me on the difference between Hlaalu and Redoran helms. I STILL have a hard time with, cannot remember, and cannot spell all the goofy names in Morrowind :) I did not have a clue how to make an NPC follow the player during a quest, or how to go about making this whole thing work. I just put my head down, worked on one thing at a time... and learned. So, nobody should ever say that they aren't going to help because they don't know how. Of the people that were active a year ago, only Hashmi, Eloth, and I are still around. So, what are we going to accomplish during the next year? And, who is going to help us get there...
Oldwolf58
Oldwolf58's picture
Help

Well I definately haven't been around that long, I'm new to this forum and project but I feel it's definately one of the best projects around. I did some moding for Baldurs gate when they merged all the baldur's gates so you could play straight thru and I thought that was fantastic .... This rates right up there with that and I'll do what ever I can to help out. Those of you that have been here as contributors deserve a tip-o-the hat and I say Ha-Zaaa!!!

Pages