Pages

950 posts / 0 new
Last post
helpfulperson
helpfulperson's picture
Playtesting
After some playtesting, I have a few issues to report. Thankfully, nothing gamebreaking and no crashes. -For starters, I ran into a creature labeled "Bonelord", which is not entirely odd. However, this particular bonelord, located in Thelas Ancestral Tomb, was not using the converted bonelord meshes, but rather appeared to be an ethereal version of a shambles. -Many of the ancestral tombs appear to have way too many creatures in them. For example, the same Thelas Ancestral Tomb contained two skeletons, two ghosts, a bonelord and a bonewalker all in one tiny room. -Additionally, I ran into numerous cases where gold found in containers, instead of being currency added to my amount of gold, was a literal gold coin item worth a set amount of septims. P.S. Yoshimo's modified map fixed my map related issues. Thank you.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Thank You
Sorry, I thought Yoshimo had already fixed the Gold Piles not turning into gold. Scripts will be applied in the next version. I had suspected there might be too many creatures but it's hard to tell because the ones Yoshimo placed were only 50% probable. The normal Leveled Lists should now suffice so I have set the extra to 0%. Please let me know if this goes the other way and there are now not enough creatures. The shambles was a placeholder that never got deleted, so I have deleted it.
JSSJR90
JSSJR90's picture
Misc. Quests
So I read you half to be a level 4 to actually start the main quest for morroblivion. I thought it was some huge bug. So when I joined the Fighter's Guild and started my first quest for them. The one where you half to kill rats in a house, I talked to the npc, she said that she had rat t rubble. So sure enough rats where in the next room. The door was lacked. Nothing that the console command cant handle, hehe. So I killed the rats. Thinking yay I beat the first Fighters Guild quest. Wrong. It appears that their is a bug where its impossible to finish that quest. Also another bug is when you ask for advancement when you dont need one the guild will automatically ban you. Major bug there. So I guess the "Main Quest" only works for now? So the other faction quests dont work and are not playable? If so I hope the Morroblivion team is fixing the faction quest bugs. And I hope someday that the team can make all the quests or half at least for morroblivion. That would be a dream come true. One last thing, when people talk about rumors relating to oblivion's main quest they are silent. Also happens in Tamrial as well. So can I start Oblivions main quest through the console command? And by doing that will the NPC's actually "talk" instaid of being silent about it? And thanks for all your hard work on this Morroblivion team. Who ever you all are, thanks.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Most Quests Do Not Work Yet
At the very top of this thread I state that MOST Morrowind Quests do not work yet. I'm not kidding. I have ONLY debugged the Main Quest. I am currently working on House Redoran, and Radits is working on the Morag Tong. On my Project Planning Thread I indicate which quests I intend to do in which order, if I have the stamina for it. Guild Advancement will definitely not work for ANY guild--except the two we are working on--when we finish them. I do not know about silent dialog. I do not have that problem so I would not be able to test any way of fixing it. But, that is probably a good guess about starting the Main Quest by using the console. Please let me know if that works.
Tooms
Tooms's picture
I rember in the old game you
I rember in the old game you had to go outside up the stairs to a room on top of the house and there was another rat. But rember it is still a Beta
JSSJR90
JSSJR90's picture
It works.
Yes the console command for the main oblivion quest worked! So just open up the console command and type: "SetStage MQ02 20" with out quotes. That will set up the main quest to deliver the amulet of kings. Ive tested it all the way to taking Martin to cloud ruler temple. Just to see if it works. So in the test it seems everything works correctly. By the way, when I was closing the first gate, where you half to get the sigal stone key and one of the guards is locked in the cage. If your bare naked he will say something like this: "Have you no decency! Cover your self up!" lol. I would be like, "Shit man its hot as hell in oblivion! I think I can run around in the plane of hell with my underwear on!" But the strange thing is it was not voiced. I had the sub titles on.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Oblivion Main Quest
I had misunderstood what you were asking. I have recommended "Start Choices" for starting the Oblivion Main Quest. At some point I will update my World Transport mod to recognize, if travelling to the Imperial City, whether the Oblivion Main Quest has started, then give some options. I just haven't gotten to it. I do not recommend people use the console to start the Oblivion Main Quest, but that will, obviously, work. It had been my goal to seamlessly link the two quest lines, but the Queen of the Ashlands went AWOL without warning, and quest building in Morrowind is taking longer than I had ever imagined it would...
bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
With the complete
With the complete installation does Morroblivion still require Shivering Isles?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Shivering Isles Is Required
I have already answered this, and it is in the documentation, but yes, Shivering Isles is required. The Golden Saints are from Shivering Isles. You can play around this for a while, but without SI the game will CTD without warning whenever you encounter a Golden Saint.
helpfulperson
helpfulperson's picture
Akulakhan Conversion
So I was looking the Dagoth Ur facility and I realized that Akulakhan was missing. So I deleted all the particle nodes from the morrowind meshes, both the normal akulakhan and the animated akulakhan for after the destruction of the heart of lorkhan, and then was able to successfully convert the meshes to oblivion. The link above is the for the download. It contains only the two converted files.
helpfulperson
helpfulperson's picture
http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35971
The link option didn't seem to work so I have made the link the subject.
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Bad idea
theres a chance of getting banned for posting converted content on nexus. Anyways thanks for this. i had the same problem
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Bad Idea
Please don't post links to other mods on my Project Release Thread. Sorry, post topics have gotten crossed. I agree with Brutal. It is not a good idea to post Morrowind content for use in Oblivion on Nexus. That can get you banned. I would take it down if I were you.
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
David Budreck
David Budreck its a fix for the guy that the giant heart is in. I already downloaded it and added to to my game files.
helpfulperson
helpfulperson's picture
Sorry
I didn't mean to intrude upon your thread, sorry. I meant it as a fix for the noticeably missing akulakhan. Also, I have deleted the file from tesnexus. I will post the link to the file on mediafire on the help requested thread. Again, sorry.
helpfulperson
helpfulperson's picture
Sorry
I didn't mean to intrude upon your thread, sorry. I meant it as a fix for the noticeably missing akulakhan. Also, I have deleted the file from tesnexus. I will post the link to the file on mediafire on the help requested thread. Again, sorry.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v015 In Process
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 12/12/2010 Version 015 contains numerous bug fixes and improvements. It also contains the first stages of the first two quest lines being addressed after the Main Quest: House Redoran and the Morag Tong. Work is still ongong on Both Quest Lines; neither is complete. Thank you to Eloth for a truly Amazing stream of Creature Updates! * Alit with Havok * Betty Netch * Bull Netch * Greater Bonewalker (Lesser Bonewalkers now use these as Placeholders instead of Zombies) * Kagouti with Havok * Nix-Hound with Havok * Scribb fix with Partial Havok
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
yay
Cant wait to play v 15 in a couple hours.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v015 Now Available
Make Sure you download and install the Support Files 2. This is Required! Thank you to all thoes that have helped with this version! Updates came so quickly that I hope I did not lose track and forget to mention somebody: * Eloth * Raditz * Didact1 * Seferoth * ChasenCharran * HelpfulPerson I was not able to get belts to work properly, so I snipped the belt out of Vvardenfell Imports Netch Leather Cuirass as a temporary placeholder. I had NOT wanted to use this belt because it does not look anything like any of the belts it is taking the place of. But, I did want to get rid of my Misc. Item Placeholders, so I took the time to update all the references so that when some real belts come along they will be easy to slide right in.
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Question
Were the support files 1 updated as well as 2? I will install both anyways.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Support Files 2
I have stopped updating Support Files, until such time as I redo the whole thing again, including the Full Installation. When I do so, I will say so. Support Files (1) + Morroblivion Conversion = Morroblivion Full Installation Both need Support Files 2.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Dagoth Ur
Thank you for the feedback Didact! As long as we're talking opinions about the way Dagoth Ur looks, I personally think he looks totally stupid in Morrowind, and I would not try to place a conversion of him even if I had one. Much of the point to Morroblivion in many people's eyese, is to give Morrowind a facelift; to make it look better than it was. However, if anybody else feels the same as you, they are welcome to make a mod... If you would like to add the Daedric Tower Shield, please send me a mod... As far as Azura goes, yes, I would love someone to splice her speech so that I could use it in dialog. That is WAY beyond my abilities; I can't even convert an mp3 to a WAV! By the way, Didact, I've made three more unique items that need enchantments by converting my original placeholder Misc. Items to actual belts. I've asked Dunmermaiden to retexture them for us. Hopefully she isn't too involved with one of her other projects.
Didact1
Didact1's picture
- Here's the link to the
I'll try find the daedric towershield... - Ah and also there's a great artifact called, "Eleidons Ward", here's a link to the mod which adds this: LINK: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33417 This would be great if we're able to get permission from the author - Meanwhile, I'll get to work on splitting the voice for Azura, I'll be Audacity, a great freware program, simple and easy... This time I'll upload it as a .rar - Also in Morrowind, as you journey into the citadel of Dagoth Ur, his voice can be heard talking to you, these voice files are activated when the player steps onto specific interior cells which are activators, should these be included or ignored? - The Dwarvern Specture that was converted earlier, worked fine for me excluding the death animation in which didn't turn into a puddle haha.... Other than that no problems for me
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Daedric TowerShield
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Thank You
But, would everybody please stop posting links on my main project release thread? I'm about done chasing down unique items for the moment, that most players will never encounter in several games. Maybe I'll come back to it later, but I've got a whole list of quests to do, and there is a LOT of missing dialog to reconstruct. If somebody else would like to chase these down and get permission, and then add them and send me a mod, I will be happy to include them.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Main Menu Background Movie
Rock N Roll Cowboy has provided a replacement for the looping map behind the main menu. This displays the Morrowind Logo with some animation. I have placed a link to this in the extra files section.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v016 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has bee Updated 12/19/2010 v016 includes the Entire House Redoran and Morag Tong Quest Lines. v016 really is a leap forward in modding terms, as I have updated Guild Advancement for all eleven joinable Factions (not including Vampires). This includes monitoring Skills, Abilities, and Quests Completed, and communication back and forth between each quest, the Advancement Quest, and supporting Dialog. It should now also, theoretically, be possible to properly join every guild in Morrowind. It will now be much easier for somebody else to work on other quests/quest lines. I have provided an additional document with notes for modders on Factions and Guild Advancement. Included in v016 * House Redoran Quest Line * Morag Tong Quest Line * Shalk by Eloth * Dwarven Spectres by Hashmi * Updated audio provided by Eloth & Didact for the confrontation with Dagoth Ur * I have assigned Oblivion Quest Icons to ALL Morrowind Quests >>> An Updated Support Files 2 is also Available. It is required for Shalk & Dwarven Spectre <<<
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Up and running
v016 appears to be fine. Installed per the instructions, went through character generation and explored Seyda Neen a bit. Thanks for keeping up all the hard work on this project!
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Question
Wow.... Already v16? great work guys! Sorry I've been away, internet issues are bugging me and Christmas is keeping me busy.... Redoran is working fine for me, no issues so far but I'm not very far either so I'll continue on... This must have been answered a thousand times but when installing the latest version does this mean having a completely clean save in order for it to work? Or can the master file be replaced by the latest version? At the moment I'm testing v16 on my brother's laptop while I still have v15 on my own... Also a spear has this enchantment: - Fortify Spear - Restore Fatigue I've got a script at the moment for this and it works but do you guys think I should just change the enchantments so its like Oblivion where every enchanted weapon has a strike on effect on the enemy? Or should such weapons such as Chrysmere have scripted enchantments? If its not already done I can go to each enchanted weapon that has constant effect/cast on effect self and create scripts for them....
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Clean Save Depends
The Clean Save was a recommendation when going from versions of Morroblivion before this Master to ones using this Master. Clean Saves are typically not needed from one version of this Master to the next.
RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
Just thought id mention,
Seems there was a problem with the v016 Morag Tong dialog, where some general npc chat got in the way of imprtant quest dialog, ive make a fix linked in this topic with a few more details, http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/bugs-issues/886 hopefully the problem wont pop up anywhere else, I wish i had time to catch this in the pre-release for v016 but ive been really buisy lately and havnt had time for testing,
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Dialogue
When asked about Blades Apprentice, Caius Cosades gives the player a Divine Intervention scroll and an Almsvi Intervention Scroll, this becomes infinite until the player moves onto the next quest. The second informant of the Vivec Informants quest in St Olms Canalworks says that a taxman is looking for her after you recieve the information from her
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Addhiranirr
I have addressed receiving freebies from Caius more than once, thank you. However, Addhiranirr's dialog is Very complicated because there are so many ways this quest can be dealt with. I would need to know exactly what you did and where you are to begin debugging this.
Didact1
Didact1's picture
It happens well for me at
It happens well for me at the time just after completing that quest, however asking her about other topics related to the 'taxman' does say she is thankful for the player's help so it shouldnt be too difficult to fix, Im not experienced with dialogues but Ill do my best to fix it
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Not Specific
Sorry, but "just after completing that quest" is not specific. You need to be specific. There are multiple ways you can approach this quest. What did you do? What topic are you selecting that has the troublesome dialog? And, what response does she give?
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Ok, I approached one of the
Ok, I approached one of the locals and asked where Addhiranirr was by clicking her topic, then headed down the sewers and found her, spoke to her and said there was an annoying taxman looking for her, all topics worked correctly at this point, I headed back up spoke to the taxman and he asked me where Addhiranirr was, I 'lied' and said that she was going back to the mainland, heading back down I spoke with Addhiranirr again and was obviously grateful then I clicked on 'Sixth House' and then that part of the quest was finished, however out of curiosity I clicked on 'taxman' and she says that there 'IS' an annoying taxman looking for her when the quest was finished. Other topics worked fine such as 'Nerevarine' and 'Sixth House'. I cant remember if 'taxman' was the name of the topic I'll have a look at CS and take a look. Sorry if I'm not being specific enough and Ill try to be if its not enough.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Perfect, Got it!
OK, that is perfect, thank you. I believe I have found the problem. In this quest you actually can tell the taxman where to find Addhiranirr, but still convince her to tell you, so the dialog is not as straightforward as usual.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
v017 Progress Update
Thank you, Orator, for the words of encouragement. But, I think Galadrielle deserves most of the credit you are giving me. Galadrielle is the true genius behind the Morroblivion conversion. My part has just been to make it playable. It's getting there... I had been hoping to release v017 Sunday or Monday, but didn't make it. v017 will include the first stages of House Hlaalu and House Telvanni Quest Lines, including advancement through Kinsman/Mouth, and the ability to start the first stage of the Stronghold. Eloth has a fix for the miscellaneous construction equipment around the strongholds, but it will take some doing to extract that from his Master, so I have no ETA, but will add this at some point in the future. Currently the strongholds are completely barren the first time you visit them to check on progress. For House Hlaalu, I have finished all of Nileno Dorvayn's Quests. For House Telvanni, I have finished the Quests for three of the five Mouths in Sadrith Mora. I will also need to finish the first of Aryon's Quests so players can reach the rank of Mouth and are qualified to start the Stronghold. Stronghold quests are incredibly time consuming to work with, and it took me far longer to make sure Rethan Manor was working properly than I had ever imagined it would, so that put me behind. At this rate, I will probably have to wait to the end of the Weekend, approximately 1/9 for v017. v017 will also include: * Bone Lords by Eloth * Ascended Sleeper with Havoc by Eloth * Kwama Worker with Havoc by Eloth * Neon Lights by Eloth * A fix for the smoke effects near Red Mountain by Eloth * (Hopefully) Updated furniture Markers by Eloth (somebody will need to rotate most of these) * Didact's Wonderful Patch that includes more enchanted items and about 200 or so NPC Faces * More of Chasen's beautiful Redguard Females * Radits' Morag Tong Dialog Patch * A few other miscellaneous bug fixes. I have updated the aggression of every NPC in Balmora, etc. * Plus, I have identified and fixed the issues with Map Marker placement on the map Also, an update to the World Transport mod that will enable starting the Oblivion Quest Line. This also fixes issues with the Imperial Prison cell, which is currently totally whacked if you do manage to get there...
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v017 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 01/09/2011 It seems like it has taken forever to get this version out! But, there has been quite a bit done. I have started the House Hlaalu and House Telvanni Quest Lines * House Hlaalu: completed all of Nileno Dorvayn's Quests, plus the first stage of the Stronghold * House Telvanni is actually most of the way complete; all but 11 Quests are complete. Read the Quest Notes before doing the Quests. * Bonewalkers by Eloth (Edit: Did not actually make it into this release) * Ascended Sleeper with Havoc by Eloth * Kwama Worker with Havoc by Eloth * Neon Lights by Eloth * A fix for the smoke effects near Red Mountain by Eloth * Updated furniture Markers by Eloth (somebody will need to rotate most of these) * Didact's Wonderful Patch that includes more enchanted items and over 200 NPC Faces * More of Chasen's beautiful Redguard Females * Radits' Morag Tong Dialog Patch * A few other miscellaneous bug fixes. I have updated the aggression of every NPC in Balmora, etc. * Plus, I have identified and fixed the issues with Map Marker placement on the map * An update to the World Transport mod now gives two options for starting the Oblivion Main Quest. EDIT: I have just realized that Bonewalkers somehow didn't make it into this release after all. I had changed them, but apparently the change was lost. Oh well, they will be in v018.
batman92
batman92's picture
While i was interrupted
While i was interrupted downloading version v016, v017 came out and so i had to wait a while......a very long while....... but eventually it came out and i got to download the update and it was well worth the wait. It is very impressive, enjoyable and much more complete than ever before4. You have an entire new world (yet familiar) to play with. I didn't know that the morroblivion project was still alive but it is and i'm gonna try to contribute in any way that i can.......
Kampher
Kampher's picture
Hi there, I registered just
Hi there, I registered just so I could congratulate you guys on the work you've been doing. This is leaps and bounds from when Morroblivion was released. I can actually play through the main quest and both the Morag Tong and such now. I'm eagerly awaiting the next update and Eloth's visual upgrade. Again, many thanks for making this possible and I hope you continue at it.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Thank You
Thank you for the encouragement Kampher. Lots of people download, but very few people ever say anything, other than to complain that things aren't working :)
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v018 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 01/16/2011 Version 018 Contains the entire House Telvanni Quest Line. * House Telvanni * Morag Tong Patch that should fix remaining issues with joining the Morag Tong * Bonewalkers by Eloth (Hopefully for real this time) Nobody else has submitted anything for this release, nor were any other significant bugs reported, so this release is basically about House Telvanni. Eloth has provided an update to the Steam Centurion which will be included in the next version of Support Files 2. A new download of Support Files is NOT needed for v018.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v019 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 01/30/2011 Version 019 Contains the entire House Hlaalu Quest Line. * House Hlaalu * Freeing Slaves is now tracked and updated properly * Quest Markers have been added for the Morag Tong Nobody else has submitted anything for this release, nor were any other significant bugs reported, so this release is basically about House Hlaalu. Hashmi has provided an Animated Silt Strider which will be included in the next version of Support Files 2, but I have not gathered enough new material to warrant a new version of Support Files 2. A new download of Support Files is NOT needed for v019.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v020 Update
I have just received a Massive mod from the Queen of the Ashlands! I have taken down the link for v019 because v020 will be such a Major Release! v020 Will Include: * AI in Gnaar Mok by Didact * Enchantment Fixes by Noebus * Animated Silt Strider by Hashmi * 3 Bloodmoon Quests by Orator Entire Quest Lines by the Queen of the Ashlands * Fighters' Guild Quest Line * Mages' Guild Quest Line * Thieves' Guild Quest Line * Tribunal Temple Quest Line * Imperial Cult Quest Line * Imperial Legion Quest Line * Many Miscellaneous Quests by the Queen of the Ashlands This will finish the Bulk of the Quests in Morrowind!
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
omg amazing
This will be the best thing ever. Can we start bloodmoon next? Or Tribunal How bout a vote. I vote for bloodmoon
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Unfortunately, the merge did not go smoothly :( My first attempt whacked pretty much all the dialog that the Queen of the Ashlands had painstakingly reconstructed. I am now struggling with importing this massive mod. I'll have to do it in piees. I do not think I'm going to make my proposed schedule of a release by tomorrow.
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Darn
well, whatever. Its so worth the wait. I cant wait to steal all the mages guild soul gems and replace em with a fake! Best quest ever.
helpfulperson
helpfulperson's picture
Hardworking
David your efforts are amazing. On behalf of everyone who loves what this project is doing, I thank you. Oh and thanks to the Queen of Ashlands too and everyone else contributing to this project.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Thank you for the support HP. It is definitely appreciated. After nearly two full days of hacking and merging, I have finally figured out what causes problems with merges into the master, and what doesn't, and what to watch out for that will totally whack everything. Unfortunately, it will probably take several days to prep the Master for the last of the Queen's mod. I don't know if anyone has done the math, but this release will contain over 200 quests!!! Expect a thing or two to go wrong along the way. Playtesters will definitely be needed!!! I will probably resurrect my Main Quest Thread, and update it for the new Quests,

Pages