Pages

950 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Merging
"Merging" is definitely not a straightforward process with older Masters. When I imported Eloth's Items mod it took 14 passes over 3 days... Then I got to the NPC's. I will do my best to include whatever I can. Some of it will literally be copy/paste from one mod to another. I doubt whether I will import Sauron :)
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Would it be easier..
wouldn't it be easier if I just -remade- my personal additions? i honestly wouldnt mind spending an hour or two just fixing the same problems... MOST problems in my patch addresses water heights, missing Dwemer corridors, enchantment fixes/changes... Because the new master fixes most of them this shouldnt take as long as before so wouldn't that work too? By the way about Sauron.... I held the one ring for a long time until I decided to destroy it once and for all.... I literally stood in Akulakhan's chamber for 15 minutes deciding wether or not to drop it down the laval pool haha...
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Just Send What You Have
NPC faces will need to be copied one at a time regardless of what you do. Enchantments/clothing would be split out by themselves to import anyway, so it doesn't matter if there is a bunch of extra stuff included. I am not planning on doing anything with water height, Dwemer corridors, etc., so you can leave them in or delete them. It doesn't really matter because I will ignore them anyway... If you want to spend a few hours, then start on a new mod using my Master that addresses clothing enchantments specifically, and I will just skip over them in your old mod.
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Alright... Testing
Alright I have opened up CS and already noticing differences :D - MOST of the creatures are just exclaimation marks, fixed most of them using the already meshes i've already got (credit to the makers) - Some exclaimation marks replacing gear.... chiten boots meshes seems to be missing.... (Captain something in Toddtest) - Some containers missing and replaced with exclaimation marks.... (In Toddtest) - Some weapons underpowered, will address that soon... Clothing are fixed :D but in first person you still have no arms but thats fine I'll probably merge the transportation mod with my patch and of course updated credits in the readme.... as appropriate...
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Not Following You
I'm sorry, but I'm totally lost. What are you referring to? Your mod? My mod? Some Captain? Chitin Boots are part of the original Conversion. Wearing Morrowind shirts in first person leaves invisible wrists, yes. That is not going to be addressed in my mod, but I'm sure others will follow with clothing replacers because I am the only one in the world that likes Morrowind clothing. Please don't merge the Transportation mod; that has already been replaced. A good portion of the things you have addressed in your patch have already been addressed in the Master; including all the creatures. I had not intended for you to spend a great deal of time gathering and preparing stuff. I was just planning on searching through your mod to see if there were things that have NOT been addressed, like NPC faces, enchanted clothing etc. I cannot "merge" your mod into the Master because of conflicting/different FormID's. So, I was either going to copy/paste things one at a time, or separate parts out, relink them to the new Master, and then merge them. Don't spend any more time on it; just send me what you've got and move on to something else. There is a whole Thread filled with things that need addressing... http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/763
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Just a few more questions
Several lights (all of them meant to be equipable like torches) have missing meshes, should they be replaced with candles or should they be removed?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Leave them
You don't have to do anything with them. Lights are one of the things addressed in the Master. Eloth did a massive light mod which replaced most of the lights in Morrowind. Eloth's Lights are beautiful.
bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
New laptop
I will be getting a new laptop that will run Oblivion well and I am getting Morrowind and the expansions so I don't have to use the OMOD. Is the Morrowind_ob.esp project compatible with the Tamriel Rebuilt maps?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind Is It's Own Worldspace
There are no compatibility issues with any maps. Morrowind is in it's own worldspace and has it's own map.
bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
Not the world map I mean the
Not the world map I mean the actual areas added by Tamriel Rebuilt.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version 013 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 11/14/2010 This release is mostly about the Main Quest. I have finished debugging the Fourth and Fifth Trials, and on to meeting Vivec in his Palace. I have attempted to chop this lengthy dialog into bitesized chunks. Please let me know if you think something else should be split up. Please, somebody that knows Morrowind well, please double-check this. I would never know if something important is missing... I have fixed a couple of bugs pointed out by Hyperion Witch, thank you. I have also Capitalized All the Dialog Topics. It just looked sloppy to me for some of them, like "healer" and "trader" to be in lower case, some mixed improperly, and some Capitalized. So, I took a few hours and went through them all... Plese, Somebody, help Hyperion Witch Playtest this for me...
kite210
kite210's picture
Thank you for your work
I wanted to personally thank you for your work. The first few times I tried morroblivion, it would either show purple everywhere, or there wasn't a map. After trying your version of the Morrowind_ob.esm, I can actually explore morrowind in oblivion without errors. Keep up the good work and hopefully someday we can finally play all of the quests in oblivion. EDIT: I have a question, Can I just replace the version of your esm I have (v0012) with the new one? or do I have to re-download the support files?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Just the Master
I try to make it clear when you need to redownload the Support Files. In this case, no. There is no difference in requirements between v012 and v013. Support files will be updated, and probably combined into one file, when Eloth posts a fix for Ash Creatures. Thank you for your comments. Please playtest and give me some feedback.
kite210
kite210's picture
Thanks
Ok, so far I haven't encountered any major bugs, just a kinda weird one. I accidentally attacked someone in Ald'ruhn and instead of being arrested, the guard kept asking if I needed directions and brought up the normal dialog box. He was a redoran guard. Otherwise, no bugs.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Crime is Difficult
Apparently, it is very difficult to make any NPC arrest you that is not an Imperial Male. Yoshimo did build some aspects of crime... as long as you are getting arrested by the Legion, but he wasn't that much more interested in this aspect of Morrowind/Oblivion than I am. Otherwise, do not commit any crimes. Crime is not something I EVER plan on addressing personally. I have put a request for help on this on my "Help Requested" page, so ulness somebody else jumps in to help, what you see is what you get with crime... P.S. For a list of known issues, check out my "Help Requested" Thread.
kite210
kite210's picture
OK
I'll look at it, I might have to learn some scripting, and how to use the CS.
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
help
i dont have shivering isles! So i cant get the imports. SO i cant get the mod soooo ya. anyway around this?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Shivering Isles is Required
You should NOT use Shivering Isles Replacements in OblivionReplace during Conversion. This will prevent the Converter from converting meshes that the Common Master expects to be there. You will NOT see any SI trees, etc., if you use the common Master. Instead, you will see Yellow Diamonds because of the missing meshes. There are Golden Saints in this Master that are from Shivering Isles. Yes, you CAN play around this, but I am fairly sure the game will CTD without warning any time you are supposed to enounter a Golden Saint. Shivering Isles is definitely worth getting because a fair number of Oblivion Mods require it.
Rendaz
Rendaz's picture
Hi guys , im kinda old in
Hi guys , im kinda old in this forum i was helping a year a go to do some things , but then the proyect died for the third time i think , i see now that are people tryting to do great things and in fact its working fine. Im posting here , dont know if this is the right place but still im doing it :D If i can be of help some how ill gladly do it , i dont have a lot of experience in morrowind/oblivion scripting , i do a lot of 3d models for other games like mount and blade , and stuff like that not my string , i want to learn the scripting here , if some one need help and got time to explain ill help with no problem , i want to be part of the proyect again. Thanks in advance , send me a pm with an msn or something like that so we can keep in touch more frequently pd. sorry about my bad english , its not my main :D
Dave B
Dave B's picture
What Interests You?
Thank You! That would be great! There are many different things you could do; it depends on what interests you. First, check out this Thread: http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/763 Most of the things listed there do not require a lot of scripting; they just require somebody willing to do them. Landscaping, for instance, would just require careful attention.
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
yay
i got shivering isles now i can try this out
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Shivering Isles Is Great
Great. The other reason to get Shivering Isles is because it is a lot of fun. A lot of people really like it, including me. Now that you have it you should try going through it.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Lootable Ash Creatures
Eloth has provided a fix for Ash Creatures. Thank You. These are Great! >>> A New Morrowind_ob Support Files Download Is Available <<< I have encountered my first Ogrim! I have encountered my first Ascended Sleeper! (VERY Cool!) Eloth will deserve a lot of credit for a playable version of Morroblivion!
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Getting this now
I havn't actually downloaded this yet even though i said i would a bit ago. Does this have the fullstorymode?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
What is Fullstorymode?
I have indicated what this version contains. If, by "Fullstorymode" you mean the main quest, v013 contains the Main Quest through meeting the God Vivec.
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Lame oblivion replacements for npcs
I like the morrowind golden saint better than the shivering one. I wish i had the morrowind one. Same with all the other creatures in both of the two games. Also is it possible to give yourself more time to read what the people are saying. It would be really helpful. And also, which creatures remain to be made?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Golden Saints
We work with what we have. If you can improve on the Golden Saints or other creatures, then by all means send me a mod. A listing of the creatures that have been converted is included in the Readme. For dialog, look for Ely's Silent Voice available from Nexus.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Main Quest & Creatures!
The Main Quest, as I have said, is finished including Sleepers Awake. However, it just wouldn't be right to call the Main Quest truly "Done" with most of the world still empty. I was going to release it today but have decided to wait until I can finish reconstructing all the missing Leveled List Spawnpoints. Eloth had preserved them in his Master and sent me a copy. The only problem, is getting them from his Master into mine, which of corse are totally incompatible with one another. So, I am literally pulling back spawnpoints one at a time, cell by cell. As you might imagine, this is a laborious process. There are lots of cells and lots of spawnpoints. At the present rate, I expect to be able to release it by the end of next weekend.
Deavan
Deavan's picture
Ok I'm attempting to start
Ok I'm attempting to start some playtesting and become acquainted with the cs again but I'm running into installation problems. Just did a fresh install/download of everything and all my mesh's are missing when I start a new game in the ship, and so I just fall to the bottom of near empty cell. Oblivion is installed to D:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion could this be the problem?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
UAC Problems
Yes, if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 and have installed in "Program Files" then User Access Control will give you never ending nightmares. Reinstall to a neutral directory such as d:\games\Oblivion and d:\games\Morrowind.
Deavan
Deavan's picture
Excellent glad you confirmed
Excellent glad you confirmed that, I'll attack that now. ------ Okay I believe I've done something wrong since I last had morroblivion running o.0 Could I bother you for the steps leading to using your clean master?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morroblivion Complete Installation
I am so tired of this buggy converter I could scream! I am going to post a complete installaion that people can just download and install. That is taboo since it technically means that people don't need to purchase Morrowind to play Morroblivion, but the whole project is banned by Bethesda anyway. After I finish the creatures project which I am almost done with I will redo this thread and include complete installation instructions in the download. I am hopeful that Eloth can get his clean Cliffracer released first because there are going to be a LOT of them!
Deavan
Deavan's picture
Yeah it would have been
Yeah it would have been helpful if it was finished :( Right then, I'll await that and ensure everything is done the way you would have.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version v014 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 11/27/2010 All Files have been uploaded. This version is the most exciting ever! It includes the Complete Morrowind Main Quest! Plus, I have rebuilt all the Morrowind Leveled Lists based off a Master provided by Eloth where he had put placeholders in for all the creatures to preserve them. Thank you Eloth! * Fully Complete Morrowind Main Quest * Fully Rebuilt Leveled List and Creature Spawnpoints * Radits' Crime Fix * All Dagoth's have had their aggression increased significantly * The Resist Disease given at Tel Fyr will now all be Resist Disease instead of Silence * Capitalized all Dialog Topics so they don't look so sloppy * Eloth has provided a fix for Cliffraces that makes them lootable and gives them full world Havoc, meaning, no more etherial Cliffracers hovering in mid air! He has also improved their behavior.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob Support Files 2
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 11/28/2010 There were a few missing textures from the installation and Support Files. I have uploaded these in a new "Support Files 2" download. This is needed for both the Complete Installation and Support Files options.
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Redownload???
I have v12 of the master file still.... I can download the latest version however do i need to redownload supporting files? if so both? or one of them? Actually... What DO I need to install now? there are support files then there are installation 1 and 2 files.... Bit confused of what to download :P ALSO check out this trueflame for Morrowind.... looks very sweet and would look nice in Morroblivion (with author's permission) :D http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/fms/Image.php?id=97908
Deavan
Deavan's picture
Ok I just installed it and
Ok I just installed it and got everything running (must have been a dogey conversion last time) Currently I've only noticed in the Census office in the begging when I started the door that is supposed to unlock when you take your papers from the table did not and I had to use console commands Also in the trade house it seems that there are items called Vardenfell Iron??? These items are not native to morrowind and are unbalanced... Are they a placeholder for another armor? Anyway are these occurrences isolated to my game or is it universal? Ps: will provide feedback on entire mainquest tonight and then re-learn the construction set and hopefully attack some issues
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
locked door
I noticed that locked door also Deavan
Dave B
Dave B's picture
The Guard Unlocks the Door
Yoshimo did the chargen part of the quest, and I had thought he tried to keep it as true to Morrowind as possible. He even put in some annoying popups that people have complained about. To get through the door you need to show the guard your papers. The suit of Vvardenfell Iron is not Lore; it is purly a Vvardenfell Imports creation. It was going to be a placeholder while John117 separated the single mesh into individual pieces, but then his computer crashed and that part of the project has basically been abandoned. I put in in the shop just so it was available if anybody wanted to try it. I don't imagine that clunky suit will actually be worn by anybody, but it's fun to try on once. Didact, a download is now available with installation instructions. If they are not clear, please let me know which parts you are having trouble with so I can refine them. The new support files contain updated meshes so you need to download them... or just do the complete installation. In either case, the Support Files 2 contains textures that were missing from both, so is needed for both options.
Deavan
Deavan's picture
Ah I see, that's not part of
Ah I see, that's not part of vanilla morrowind. Usually the door just auto unlocks when you pick them up. I'll carry on later tonight and make a detailed list of everything that is out of the norm just so know what differs.
skywocker500
skywocker500's picture
Thanks Deavan
I dont think people realise they can help just by installing this playing through and reporting bugs. Play testers are important so even if you have no idea how to use the cs you can still help. :D
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Yoshimo's Modified Map
Yoshimo's Modified Map link doesnt work
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Yoshimo's Modified Map
Sorry, I have no idea why it does that, but it's happened two or three times now. I have posted a new link. No promises whether this will work or not, but it's certainly worth a try.
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Still have a problem
my markers are still off but are in a closer position
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Yoshimo Used Very Few Mods
My first inclination, of course, is to think that something is conflicting. However, Yoshimo typically played with very close to vanilla Oblivion; he did not use big mods or makeover mods, or even the UOP. So, I cannot imagine what would be conflicting that would be common between you and him. Have you tried adjusting your video options? Like maybe if you are using widescreen resolution change to not widescreen. It's probably something simple like that, but I'm really just fishing and guessing here...
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
well
well i do have custom icons
Tooms
Tooms's picture
Armor
Ok I used your Full_Installation and the game runs great and looks just like Morrowind witch is not so great. But thats the idea I guess. The prob I have is theres no Armor on anyone just a face walking around on all the guards.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Installation Instructions
You did not install Vvardenfell Imports. Please download and follow the installation instructions. There are about 6 steps required before you get to the full installation.
Tooms
Tooms's picture
Well I installed all the
Ok I dident have parts 1 and 2 of the vardenfell they where hidden in a download mirror link. You should add thease in the next one.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Yoshimo's Modified Map
Many people have now downloaded Yoshimo's Modified Map, but I have only heard whether this has helped or not from Brutal. Has this map helped anybody? Does it make any difference? Should I leave it up?

Pages