Pages

973 posts / 0 new
Last post
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
reigenxd3 wrote:

reigenxd3 wrote:

i still get the normal race menu like oblivion before the guy ask me my name is that normal?

It should be normal as long as the race menu is set in the Prison Boat (Morrowind) and not the Imperial City Prison (Oblivion).  I think the engine forces you to choose a race before anything starts, I haven't figured out a good way to smoothly work around it.

reigenxd3
reigenxd3's picture
game crash when i click on ok

game crash when i click on ok in level up menu 

Oblivion.esm
Morrowind_ob.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

DLCshiveringsisles.esp
Morrowind_ob.esp
Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp

Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp  
Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp
Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp

the game even crash when i deativate everthing but

Oblivion.esm
Morrowind_ob.esm

did i need Unofficial Patch

for shiveringsisles too?

ShimiraThe3rd
ShimiraThe3rd's picture
Oh really ??? Why the hell i

blaffblaff
blaffblaff's picture
reigenxd3 wrote:

reigenxd3 wrote:

game crash when i click on ok in level up menu 

Oblivion.esm
Morrowind_ob.esm

DLCshiveringsisles.esp
Morrowind_ob.esp
Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp

Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp  

the game even crash when i deativate everthing but

Oblivion.esm
Morrowind_ob.esm

did i need Unofficial Patch

for shiveringsisles too?

You need Shivering Isles to run from the part of Oblivion correctly, and you need too the Unofficial Patch. Try to run in the follow order :

Oblivion.esm

Morrowind_ob.esm

Morrowind_ob.esp

Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp

Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp  

DLCshiveringsisles.esp

Amiko Novich
Amiko Novich's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

I can't tell you when v065 is getting released yet. Current version is fully playable, so you can install it and update later.

So, it's been a 1 year 10 months and one day since last update. Is this project officially dead?

It's a shame, because it looks like you've put a lot of work and love in this project, but it was in vain 'cause you've never completed it. I've watched some gameplay from 0,64 version and, yes, it's like 95% completed, but there still a tons of bugs and it definitely can use some more polishing.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Amiko Novich wrote:

Amiko Novich wrote:

So, it's been a 1 year 10 months and one day since last update. Is this project officially dead?

I can't speak about any "official" status but unofficially, Morroblivion is very much alive.  Just check out the other threads on the Morroblivion sub-forums.  There has been a steady stream of graphics updates, feature additions, bug-fixes and translation work over the past two years.  If you're just waiting for something "official" then you're missing out -- and that's a shame. 

Amiko Novich
Amiko Novich's picture
ponyrider0 wrote:

ponyrider0 wrote:

I can't speak about any "official" status but unofficially, Morroblivion is very much alive.  Just check out the other threads on the Morroblivion sub-forums.  There has been a steady stream of graphics updates, feature additions, bug-fixes and translation work over the past two years.  If you're just waiting for something "official" then you're missing out -- and that's a shame. 

First of all - thank you for your work on the project. I've already checked other treads and found out some of your mods.

I've never used any mods before, but I really like the Morroblivion idea, as I found vanilla Morrowind to be pretty dated in terms of interface, combat system, character speed, lvl-up system, quest markers, map etc. Can you sum up which mods in which order should I install to get most complete Morroblivion expirience? Any guides on instalation will be useful too, as I have no idea how it all works.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Unfortunately, Oblivion is

Unfortunately, Oblivion is notorious for being very difficult to mod for new users and even for experienced modders who have only used Nexus Mod Manager.  From my own experience, trying to figure out the different mod managers and realizing that their mod formats were often incompatible with each other was rather frustrating. 

Diana TES GoTH's Guide to Modding Morroblivion is very thorough and has a lot of step by step instructions with her own tips and tricks.  It can be very overwhelming, but if you put in the effort to follow the steps to install the required components all the way through installing Morroblvion v064, you will have a good working system.  Then you can skim the rest of the guide to see if there are any other mods you are interested in.

I'll try to start a thread with my recommended Morroblivion LITE mod setup in a few days.  My personal barebones list includes Oblivion Reloaded, Morroblivion-Fixes and Werewolf-Redone but that setup will still look outdated without some of the additional graphics replacers (OCO2, clothing replacers, body replacers, creature replacers, ENB etc).

Amiko Novich
Amiko Novich's picture
ponyrider0 wrote:

ponyrider0 wrote:

Diana TES GoTH's Guide to Modding Morroblivion is very thorough and has a lot of step by step instructions with her own tips and tricks.  It can be very overwhelming, but if you put in the effort to follow the steps to install the required components all the way through installing Morroblvion v064, you will have a good working system.  Then you can skim the rest of the guide to see if there are any other mods you are interested in.

I'll try to start a thread with my recommended Morroblivion LITE mod setup in a few days.  My personal barebones list includes Oblivion Reloaded, Morroblivion-Fixes and Werewolf-Redone but that setup will still look outdated without some of the additional graphics replacers (OCO2, clothing replacers, body replacers, creature replacers, ENB etc).

Well, it's really overwhelming) I will, probably, try it later. But your lite mod setup will be highly appreciated.

I'm also curious about Russian localization - I've heard that it exists for ver. 0,64, but I fear it could break any other fixes. Should it be okay if I will install clear version of Morroblivion, then localization, and then all other modes?

Also, isn't it possible to unite all your (and, may be, not only your) mods and release them as an unofficial 0,65 ver. of Morroblivion? It looks like you and some other people made a great job releasing a lot of useful mods - don't you want to take this project's future in your hands?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Several of the other active

Several of the other active Morroblivion forum members are very knowledgeable about translation mods and compatibility.  I would ask them about load order.

Regarding making an unofficial v065, I may bring it up for forum discussion in the future but right now I want to focus on completing my current major project: full conversion of Tamriel Rebuilt to Morroblivion.

Amiko Novich
Amiko Novich's picture
Thanks a lot and good luck

Thanks a lot and good luck with that!

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
FYI, I have unofficially

FYI, I have unofficially announced a new Unofficial Morroblivion Patch project.

The goal is to merge all fixes/patches which were posted since the release of v64 (around Jan 1, 2016).

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
ANNOUNCEMENT:

ANNOUNCEMENT:  The Morroblivion Unofficial Patch 2017-Nov-22 has now been released. 

It contains nearly all bugfixes posted since the release of Morroblivion v064.  You will need to start a new game to use this patch, so for people who want to continue using old saved games, please find the old individual patches at the 2017 Active Bugs and BugFixes List.

tdawglowe
tdawglowe's picture
2nd attempt to get

2nd attempt to get Morroblivion up and running. Failed yesterday, today uninstalled everything and started from scratch. Step I'm on currently. Downloaded "Resources" which is the file 'Morrobilivion_v064_Complete.7z.' When I right-click on the file to install in Wrye Bash I'm encountering an error code. I'm hoping somebody will know what it means and what step to take next.

EDIT: Re-installing Wrye Bash got me past this part and I was able to install. So I'm good!

AttachmentSize
Image icon error message in Wrye Bash236.19 KB
Corwinicewolf
Corwinicewolf's picture
I may actually be able to
I may actually be able to explain that, if you're still around tdaweglowe. I tried to install through nmm today and got a similar error message. So I tried to install manually. When I did, 7zip gave me a data error on three of the core BSA files. (as a result, when I moved those files into the data folder to try to play anyway, all the meshes failed to load.) I can't seem to download from any other mirrors now, so I came here to ask if there's a chance of getting just the core bsas from someone. Specifically the errors I'm getting from 7zip are: Data error : 01 voiced conversations\Morrowind_ob - conversation.bsa Data error : 00 core\Morrowind_ob - Meshes.bsa Data error : 00 Core\Morrowind_ob - Sounds.bsa Edit: I got it to work with a fresh mega download. Apparently I had to delete the first download before mega would redownload it. I had some more problems till I replaced every single morroblion file as well, not just the ones 7 zip told me were corrupt.
rekuli
rekuli's picture
I just updated to 064 and

I just updated to 064 and have the following issues and notes for the developers and everyone else who might find this helpful:

– Morrowind_ob.esm has to be loaded IMMEDIATELY after Oblivion.esm.  Morrowind_ob.esp MUST be loaded (otherwise, there is an error message in the game and meshes are missing), but it seems to override race records and thus shred any and every other mod which changes race records (eg., by adding eyes, hair, whiskers, etc).  This even applies to Cobl merged into a Bashed Patch (which is loaded far below/after Morroblivion).  Result: depending on which mods you have loaded, you can only stay with the initially set hair and eyes in the character creation.  This is a serious bug, I think.

– (this one is just a note for everyone:) nobody seemed to bother to explain that the „world transport mod” now is a stripped-down version of the Morroblivion Chargen and Transport v11, and that you CANNOT choose where to go but have to set it explicitly in Data/Ini/Morroblivion.ini where you want to start, Cyrodiil Prison or Prison Ship in Vvardenfell.  The only thing the World transport mod actually does is to add the two characters in the Imperial City Prison courtyard and on the ship in Seyda Neen.  If you start in Morrowind by default, YOU CAN NEVER run the Cyrodiil main quest because you never get the Amulet (at least, as far as I found out while playing, correct me if I am wrong here).

– A real error: When in Vvardenfell, Morrowind_ob – Sounds.bsa does not seem to be loaded, none of the Morrowind sounds (not even ambience, door creaking and stuff) are played, there's silence instead.  Only music and default Oblivion-side sounds.

– The Map of the Morrowind_ob Morroblivion Maps plugin is ridiculously small, but leaves enough room for a port of the Morrowind Mainland, is this on purpose?

I'd be grateful for a workaround to any of those issues, or a real patch (or a good hint, in any case ;-) ).

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
rekuli wrote:

rekuli wrote:

I just updated to 064 and have the following issues and notes for the developers and everyone else who might find this helpful:

Welcome back to Morroblivion!  It seems that you must have been gone a long time because almost all of your questions/issues/bug reports are covered in the FAQ and Installation notes.  I highly recommend that you read them through carefully to get caught up on the last official release back in late 2014.  Once you're done there, you can go here to get caught up on the latest unofficial patch.  There is no updated bug list for 2018 yet, but feel free to look through the 2017 list...  I will cover the questions that are not clearly answered in the above links below:

Quote:

...but it seems to override race records and thus shred any and every other mod which changes race records (eg., by adding eyes, hair, whiskers, etc).  This even applies to Cobl merged into a Bashed Patch (which is loaded far below/after Morroblivion).  Result: depending on which mods you have loaded, you can only stay with the initially set hair and eyes in the character creation.  This is a serious bug, I think.

Make sure that you are properly regenerating your Bashed Patch and that all Race replacer mods have the appropriate Bash Tags set.  Also make sure that there are no mods over-riding your Bashed Patch.  COBL races, eyes, hair replacers, Oblivion Character Overhaul, and many other graphic overhaul mods should be able to over-ride Morroblivion.  If you're still having trouble getting it to work, please post your load order.

Quote:

– A real error: When in Vvardenfell, Morrowind_ob – Sounds.bsa does not seem to be loaded, none of the Morrowind sounds (not even ambience, door creaking and stuff) are played, there's silence instead.  Only music and default Oblivion-side sounds.

This problem combined with your previous problems makes me suspect that your installation of Morroblivion is corrupted.  I'm not sure how you "updated" to Morroblivion v064, but I recommend you do a clean un-install of Oblivion and re-install everything, making sure you read and follow all the instructions carefully.

Quote:

– The Map of the Morrowind_ob Morroblivion Maps plugin is ridiculously small, but leaves enough room for a port of the Morrowind Mainland, is this on purpose?

I have no idea what the intentions of the official developers were since none of them have been active on these forums in over 2-3 years.  However, the fact that Map 1 of the mainland is sitting in the northeast corner of the default map suggests that you are probably correct.  Maybe you should check out this link.

rekuli
rekuli's picture
thanks for the welcome,

thanks for the welcome, ponyrider.  Yes, it has been quite some time — I was still using the 025, believe it or not

As for the "update" and installation: I still was using the 025 release, but cleanly installed/uninstalled it via Bash, and manually made sure there really was no file left (I checked this another time after those errors showed up).

World Transport/Alternate Start: I read the FAQ, but most stuff wasn't stated as clearly as I wrote it in my last post, but only cross-referenced to other posts (and nobody does a cross-search for that info which ought to be there right at the download/installation post, believe me). Somehow, the current method via Ini file is a setback to most primitive pre-stone-age times, in strong contrast to older, more player-friendly releases which let the player choose where and how to start right inside the game (via the CharCreate/WorldTransport plugin).  This ought to be a strong issue for the next unofficial patch.

Bashed patch: I re-built the patch several times with different settings each, and even played around with the load order (throwing out all mods, too), eventually returning to the original one I had been using.  The only case where it worked as expected was a clean Oblivion-Shivering Isles-Morroblivion setup with nothing else.  But you gave me an Idea; I believe I haven't tried excluding anything from the Morroblivion esp/esms, I will try that.  Haven't found out what blocks the Morroblivion sounds, either; maybe it is one of the OBSE plugins.  If I need to post another help request, I'll put in my load order and some details about the bashed patch.

Thanks so far for your help!

btw: Took a look at the link and had to grin.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
rekuli wrote:

rekuli wrote:

...the current method via Ini file is a setback to most primitive pre-stone-age times, in strong contrast to older, more player-friendly releases which let the player choose where and how to start right inside the game (via the CharCreate/WorldTransport plugin).  This ought to be a strong issue for the next unofficial patch.

I've spent well over 200 hours trying to figure out how to put in a working chargen selection menu and other related tweaks.  It's beyond my current skill level.  If you have a working file which contains the necessary records, quests and scripts  then please send it to me as that would be very helpful for me to figure it out.  Thanks.

rekuli
rekuli's picture
Hmm… you don't need to go

Hmm… you don't need to go that-around, just take the old chargen and transport mod (v10 and lower) and a pre-063 Morroblivion release's ESM/ESP, it shows you everything necessary — if I read the v11 release thread right, everything is still in the unmodified v11 release (ie., not the one packaged with Morroblivion, but the one dl-linked to in that post).  More frankly, you could (in theory) simply throw out anything chargen-related from the Morroblivion esm/esp and merge the chargen mod into them as a sane and user-friendly replacement and thus circumvent all and any unnecessary re-invention of the wheel.  In that process, you should also merge the esp into the esm, because the parts implemented via the esp cannot be overridden by other mods (TESIV engine specific problem, see why/how SI is implemented), and part, or all, of the chargen sequence is in there, as far as I could see from viewing it in a text browser (it was somewhat stupid by the developers to add an esp in the first place; the old releases didn't have one, for the same reasons which I stated, and worked fine).

Additionally, you could take a look at thermador's chargen patch (he built one for 025 when I had similar problems as now; ought to be in this thread way further up).  I can upload the old esm, if nothing is in the archives anymore, and the old chargen mod and thermador's patch, too.  Just let me know.  For your convenience, I have added an archive to this post containing everything required from the 025 release, including thermador's patches.

My chargen problems: I have found out that building a Bashed Patch when all of the Morroblivion files are not activated, and activating the Morroblivion esm/esps afterwards, circumvents the chargen problems, as long as one loads all of Morroblivion (including the world transport mod) and the additional MorrowindPortalToVvardenfell before any race-altering mods and the patch (both seem to hook into the Morroblivion Chargen/arrival sequence if the player hasn't done the Morrowind arrival sequence yet).

My audio problems: only unpacking the BSA helped…

regards, and let me know if I can help any further with the old files or the chargen re-implementation.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING FILE IS NOT FOR GENERAL USE; IT IS FOR PONYRIDER0 ONLY!

Edit: I had to remove the file again because of the possibility that some of its contents might cause somebody to make it a legal issue between Bethesda and TESRenewal.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
rekuli wrote:

rekuli wrote:

Hmm… you don't need to go that-around, just take the old chargen and transport mod (v10 and lower) and a pre-063 Morroblivion release's ESM/ESP, it shows you everything necessary — if I read the v11 release thread right, everything is still in the unmodified v11 release (ie., not the one packaged with Morroblivion, but the one dl-linked to in that post).  ...

Hahaha!  I am pretty dense -- I've invested over 4000 hours now into Morroblivion modding, and it took your comment for me to recognize the old chargen messagebox selection script sitting right in the v11 ESP!  Thanks for pointing that out!  (Of course, I've never claimed that I was a good modder/coder -- I'm just a hardcore Morrowind/Morroblivion player who learned to mod just to have more fun in-game.)

Quote:

...My audio problems: only unpacking the BSA helped…

Perhaps you had/have loose asset files from an older Morroblivion installation which are over-riding the v064 BSAs.  That would explain why unpacking the BSA got the audio to work...

rekuli
rekuli's picture
ponyrider0 wrote:

ponyrider0 wrote:

Hahaha!  I am pretty dense -- I've invested over 4000 hours now into Morroblivion modding, and it took your comment for me to recognize the old chargen messagebox selection script sitting right in the v11 ESP!  Thanks for pointing that out!  (Of course, I've never claimed that I was a good modder/coder -- I'm just a hardcore Morrowind/Morroblivion player who learned to mod just to have more fun in-game.)

That's how all of us got into modding, isn't it? And the more complex the task, the easier to forget something, so don't worry — I'm always glad to help if I can, you're welcome.

ponyrider0 wrote:

Perhaps you had/have loose asset files from an older Morroblivion installation which are over-riding the v064 BSAs.  That would explain why unpacking the BSA got the audio to work...

Nope, I already had removed all of it before I wrote the first post since 2010 above.  It is more likely that it is an issue of Oblivion being installed on a case-sensitive file system, as opposed to the Windows and MacOS default file systems, which are only case-preserving.  If you have two directories Sound/ and sound/, the game looks randomly into one of them first and finds no morrowind specific stuff there, and it does not search in the other one because it assumes, Windows-Style, that they are the same directory.  I had this behaviour with a lot of stuff, until I softlinked the lowercase directories to the upcased ones to have mods automagically installed in the according subdir trees where they ought to go, regardless of how they are cased in the mod archive file.  And the directories in the BSA are named „sound/voice” and „sound/fx”, prefixes which might in a sense „not exist” if there are „Sound/Voice” and „Sound/FX” directories which are being searched by Oblivion because it finds them first.  So I think it is quite likely that the fused virtual FS used to access the BSA did „not exist” from the point of view of Oblivion.

At least, that is my theory.  I might be completely wrong, as well .

Regards, see you!

Pages