Pages

955 posts / 0 new
Last post
scotty35503
scotty35503's picture
Is anyone else having trouble

Is anyone else having trouble with being a werewolf? My game crashes randomly while in wolf form and crashes everytime if I try to rest until morning as a wolf.

maczopikczo
maczopikczo's picture
Hi, I'm the first time user

Hi, I'm the first time user of this forum, but definitely not a newbie in either Morrowind or Oblivion (Skyrim is still awaiting its moment). First of all I wanted to thank you for this massive task that indeed has brought Morroblivion back to life for me.

I've only started my adventures, but what I've seen is simply staggering. As expected from time to time I'm coming across minor glitches, and I'm collecting them (including as much file and object data as possible) so that they could be looked into at some point.

I'm also not bad with textures (been making and uploading them to nexusmods for a good while), so if textures are needed, I can volunteer to make them. In fact I've already begun making custom (but vanilla-related) textures for my own pleasure, and once there's a good number of them, I may upload them for others to use.

For now I must look around and feel my ways around the forums here, but again, for now I wanted to just say hi and congratulate you for this exceptional achievement. :)

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Welcome to the forums :)

Welcome to the forums :)

Bug reports are always welcome and are very helpful, so don't hesitate to post your findings.

And if you want to make texture replacers that's great too. Do you, by chance, work with ground textures? The ones we have now are high res, but unfortunately have very noticeable tiling.

maczopikczo
maczopikczo's picture
I'll prepare a larger, more

I'll prepare a larger, more comprehensive bug report so as not to clutter the topic with petty stuff. And yes, I've been making textures for ground, architecture and plants. Frankly, I was surprised to see most of the original Morroblivion textures are better than I expected. There's always room for improvement, though. What do you say I'll send you any texture replacers I make? You decide which ones you'd like, and which ones you reject. Are there any ground textures in particular that you reckon need special attention? Right now I've modified a West Gash road, and I'm looking at Balmora cobblestones - which are nice, but overall they seem too regular for such vast patches. I also successfully use my replacer of English oak. I'd like to look closer at some other plants, too.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Why not Remove Trees (

Why not Remove Trees ( TreeDeodar )-- ( TreeEnglishOakFreeSU ) and find Replacements to Reflect Morrowind Style Country Side  so they Blend in.

Instead of using Oblivion Trees that do not Blend into the Landscape, Loosing the Morrowind Look.

AttachmentSize
Image icon screenshot334.jpg284.68 KB
Image icon screenshot335.jpg322.04 KB
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I'll prepare a larger, more

I'll prepare a larger, more comprehensive bug report so as not to clutter the topic with petty stuff.

We have a special forum for bug reports.

What do you say I'll send you any texture replacers I make? You decide which ones you'd like, and which ones you reject.

You can just create a new thread when you decide to release something. Or you can send me PM if you don't want to upload them publicly, either way works.

Why not Remove Trees ( TreeDeodar )-- ( TreeEnglishOakFreeSU ) and find Replacements to Reflect Morrowind Style Country Side so they Blend in.

Tree Replacer is an optinal esp, so you don't have to use it. I don't use it myself.

And your first screenshot shows old Bitter Coast trees, they were replaced in v064.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
I do Not Use the Tree

I do Not Use the Tree Replacer, Created my own .esp to Replace the trees to Morrowind Style, (TreeDeoder ) -- (TreeEnglishOakFreeSU ) are Default in the .esm Second Picture i Replaced Most of the with Modder Resources still missing a Couple Trees  to Suit Morrowind Style Trees.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Ah, yes, there are some trees

Ah, yes, there are some trees in Ascadian Isles that use Oblivion's models. They were replaced automatically during the original conversion, but I don't think they look terribly out of place.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
This the Pictures i took

This the Pictures i took Before i Replaced the 700 Trees to more Morrowind Style, Second Picture in Above Posting. Mushroom were part of Morrowind and the Paper Look of Leaves on the Trees all Blended Well together, Not Green Glossy Oblivion Style.

AttachmentSize
Image icon oblivion_trees_002.jpg501.21 KB
Image icon oblivion_trees_001.jpg392.49 KB
Billyro
Billyro's picture
Greetings,

Greetings,

Is there any ETA on v065? I want to download v064 because I only have v063 at the moment, but if v065 is on the horizon, I'd rather wait for that because of my limited internet. 

Thanks for the help, 

Billyro. :) 

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I can't give an exact ETA, I

I can't give an exact ETA, I'm afraid. I'm working on it, but there are still things to be done.

But there will be an update file for v065 when it's released, so you can download v064 now and then update to v065 without redownloading full 2Gb package.

Billyro
Billyro's picture
Ah, awesome. I will do that

Ah, awesome. I will do that then. Thanks! 

Maegon
Maegon's picture
Hello all, this is my first

Hello all, this is my first time visiting the Morroblivion forums. I had assumed that once work had begun on Skywind that Morroblivion was completely stopped, but it would appear that I've been proven wrong. Now that I've discovered this, I would like to start playing Morroblivion, and I have some questions. Firstly, what state is this project in, as in, how close to completion? And, with Skywind, which I followed very intently, I noticed that they had begun to deviate too much from the original Morrowind, and had begun to dumb down the gameplay to a level similar to Skyrim, is that the same for this project? 

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
what state is this project in

what state is this project in, as in, how close to completion?

It is described in the first post of this thread. In short: Morrowind and Tribunal are fully playable and the remaining bugs in Bloodmoon are being fixed. What is left to do is polishing - not all NPC have finished daily schedules yet, for example (but this doesn't change the gameplay too much).

And, with Skywind, which I followed very intently, I noticed that they had begun to deviate too much from the original Morrowind, and had begun to dumb down the gameplay to a level similar to Skyrim, is that the same for this project? 

No, Morroblivion is a direct port (while Skywind is "Morrowind reimagined"). Obviously, there are some changes from original game, but they are unavoidable due to differences between 2 game engines. You can read more on that topic in our FAQ.

Maegon
Maegon's picture
Thank you very much so for

Thank you very much so for the information querty, I downloaded Morroblivion, started playing and have been having a whale of a time. My only concerns would be that in some areas the lag is quite exceptional. I by no means have a weak computer, however some sections of playthrough, I noticed my fps dip rather significantly. Balmora for one, was rather laggy in places. Also, when starting my adventure, Fargoth was nowhere to be found, and has yet to appear, not sure if this fault is mine, or with the game. 

Billyro
Billyro's picture
I haven't been able to locate

I haven't been able to locate Fargoth either. Maybe he's in his house? I haven't checked. 

As for the lag, I believe some places will have poor performance until the collision has been fixed in the architecture meshes. 

DarkSoldier84
DarkSoldier84's picture
I am following the

I am following the installation instructions EXACTLY and it's not working. I have installed Wrye Bash, I have initialized its installers, and I have placed the resource archive in the Bash Installers folder. I should now be seeing the Morroblivion archive in the package list, but the list is still empty. Why am I having this problem?

Nerevarinis
Nerevarinis's picture
Could Someone make a List for
Could Someone make a List for all retextures and texture packs for morroblivion :)
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Could Someone make a List for

Could Someone make a List for all retextures and texture packs for morroblivion :)

Rejoice

Nerevarinis
Nerevarinis's picture
TY :)

TY :)

westernfiredrake
westernfiredrake's picture
i tried downloading it, but

i tried downloading it, but strangely my computer cant seem to complete the process. a friend of mine who was helping me with it said it might be the version. so i was wondering--when will the next updated version of morroblivion be available?

Hobberon
Hobberon's picture
I downloaded the newest

I downloaded the newest version yesterday and everything was just fine. Took me only 5 min to download the whole thing, so the uploader is working correctly.

The development of v065 is still in progress. At this very moment it is not possible to say, if it will be finished until 2016. It will be released when it is polished enough to be released. 

westernfiredrake
westernfiredrake's picture
ah, thank you :) im really

ah, thank you :) im really anxious to see what it's like.

hijacker800
hijacker800's picture
I'm not sure why this isn't

I'm not sure why this isn't working for me but when I use wrye bash it doesn't look like Morroblivion is installed and on the missing tab it says theres a lot missing (I think). I'll include some screenshots for yall. Been working on getting this right for hours and it's almost 3 AM I'm tearing my hair out

*EDIT* the screenshot where I have the 'missing' highlighted has almost, if not, all of the morroblivion files in there. idk if it means they're missing or not...

AttachmentSize
Image icon capture.png170.5 KB
Image icon capture2.png52.17 KB
Image icon capture3.png23.96 KB
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
What you're seeing is normal,

What you're seeing is normal, as you haven't installed the mod yet.

Right-click on Morroblivion_v064_Complete package and select "Install".

GBRPlus
GBRPlus's picture
Hi everyone, is project

Hi everyone, is project "alive"? Last update(v64) was year ago.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Hi everyone, is project

Hi everyone, is project "alive"?

Yes

GBRPlus
GBRPlus's picture
Good! When you plan to

Good! When you plan to release v65?

llde
llde's picture
I was thinking if it is

I was thinking if it is possible to have an easily reachable thread( maybe below that download button for morroblivion) that list all the fixes made for a specific morroblivion version. That when the new version is released that thread is flushed and started anew.

So we lower the risk for new users of installing old already merged files, thus avoiding some issues, and bogus bug reports.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Good! When you plan to

Good! When you plan to release v65?

There is no set release date.

I was thinking if it is possible to have an easily reachable thread( maybe below that download button for morroblivion) that list all the fixes made for a specific morroblivion version.

We have the changelog, no?

llde
llde's picture
Yes but sometimes some of
Yes but sometimes some of current version fixes are buried deep in topics with not so obvious names. It's only to speed up the time requested to start a proper gameplay. And if for example there are more version of a specific fix in different threads, there it is easier to understand which is last or which thinghs differs. P.S I'm reworking my old script for werewolf transformation. It' should address common problems people were experiencing
Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
I had a hard time getting

I had a hard time getting involved in TES Morrowind after playing Oblvion and then Skyrim. Now I am excited to try it out because of Morroblivion. Thank you for the great work being done and sharing it with us. I am excited to play the game.

I would love to see the entire Elder Scroll Series with Arena and Daggerfall recreated for modern gaming ; )

igotsmeakabob11
igotsmeakabob11's picture
I see that the Morroblivion

I see that the Morroblivion project is still alive thanks to an earlier query, but I'm curious whether we're close (within a month or so?) to a v65 release and whether it would be worth waiting for such a release before delving into the great mod that you guys have created here.

I've watched some Let's Plays of the mod and it's made me quite nostalgic for Morrowind, but unfortunately I seem to have been spoiled by modern games and TES3's gameplay isn't doing it for me anymore.

Thanks!

benjangles
benjangles's picture
Alright so i KINDA messed up.

Alright so i KINDA messed up... lol. I dont know why but i didnt do something right and the game would just load vanilla Oblivion even after i did the load order. SO I thought i might have messed up somewhere sooner down the line and since im new to this kind of thing i tried deleting all the files and uninstalling the game, WELL now when i have already reinstalled and tried to run the vanilla version, it just crashes like a Masterfile is missing or something.

NOTE: I already Uninstalled and Reinstalled a few times and verified integrity of game cache through steam. Also deleted WB and BOSS and a Modd Manager as well as TES4Edit just to see if its still holding a file running in the background or something. IDK any ideas??

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I see that the Morroblivion

I see that the Morroblivion project is still alive thanks to an earlier query, but I'm curious whether we're close (within a month or so?) to a v65 release and whether it would be worth waiting for such a release before delving into the great mod that you guys have created here.

I can't tell you when v065 is getting released yet. Current version is fully playable, so you can install it and update later.

Alright so i KINDA messed up... lol. I dont know why but i didnt do something right and the game would just load vanilla Oblivion even after i did the load order. SO I thought i might have messed up somewhere sooner down the line and since im new to this kind of thing i tried deleting all the files and uninstalling the game, WELL now when i have already reinstalled and tried to run the vanilla version, it just crashes like a Masterfile is missing or something.

I don't see any Morroblivion files in your screenshots - just regular Obliivon + DLC.

benjangles
benjangles's picture
Yea, im just trying to get

Yea, im just trying to get the vanilla Oblivion to work, i havnt reinstalled all the Mods yet or files yet. Im not sure what went wrong for it not to work, i mean it should have everything it needs from reinstalling from steam.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Going to have Problem with

Going to have Problem with trying to Run Oblivion with Oblivion Launcher.

benjangles
benjangles's picture
Ok ill check it out thank you

Ok ill check it out thank you. is there a way to run without the launcher?

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
If not WB ,Use MODManager

If not WB ,Use MODManager with OBSE

igotsmeakabob11
igotsmeakabob11's picture
Has anyone made a video for

Has anyone made a video for installation for those of us who are seemingly incapable of installing with just the guide? I keep getting a CTD when trying to load from Wryebash.

Thanks!

Bullfrog
Bullfrog's picture
Too bad that this project is

Too bad that this project is dead. 1.5 years and not even a bugfix release for the most annoying bugs that have been reported over and over. Allegedly the fixes have been available for a year (or so we've been told all the time) but nobody cares to release them. It's sad to see the fruit of all this work rotting on a forgotten team drive where no player has access to. 

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
I am following the Oblivion

I am following the Oblivion TESIV Oblivion Modding Tutorials at TES Alliance http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/category/...

I am currently focusing on the Construction Set. Today I am a "Novice", but hopefully in a week or so I will advance to "Apprentice" to "Journeyman" to "Expert" and finally become a "Master". 

I am hoping to be able to assist with these projects in order to keep them maintained and updated. I realize it is frustrating to wait on the updates, but we have to realize the people on this team have lives outside of the gaming world. Not to mention they are volunteers working on their passion and sharing their creativity with us. I admire them all for all the hard work they have put towards all the projects they have going.

While I have not been able to contribute monetarily to this date, I hope that soon I will be able to contribute as aforementioned. 

Mcloganator
Mcloganator's picture
Contributor
Right on, keep it up!

Right on, keep it up!

General_Durandal
General_Durandal's picture
I found the Morroblivion

I found the Morroblivion Remade Npcs ESPs.7z for Morroblivion.

It has two files seperate from it,

Morroblivion NPCs Remade Ressources.7z.001

Morroblivion NPCs Remade Ressources.7z.002

but, the .001 and .002 makes them very hard to work with.

If I turn them into a zip file, when I open them it says it's corrupted, and there is nothing in the file.

I also opened the .001 file with WinRAR and it also said it was corrupted and held nothing inside.

Is there a working one, or a way to fix them?

I don't really want to play this if no-one looks like them'selves.

General_Durandal
General_Durandal's picture
When will "Morroblivion

When will "Morroblivion Remade NPCs" be updated to work properly with the latest version?

MasterAub
MasterAub's picture
Hi everyone. After  a long

Hi everyone. After  a long break I am restarting an Oblivion Playthrough and of course Morroblivion is a must have for me. It seems I am much more comfortable in Cyrodiil and Morrowind than in Skyrim. Thanks to the outstanding work you guys achieved, Oblivion keeps on being my favorite RPG more than 10 years after its release.

A quick question. I have installed OCO2 (Oblivion Character Overhaul). Will it affect Morroblivion positively?

ShadowFox43
ShadowFox43's picture
I love the mod. I have

I love the mod. I have installed it. However I have an existing character and when I traveled to Vvardenfell, the dark elf did not talk. I do not know what to do to get it to work.

Any help will be appreciated.

Arawn
Arawn's picture
hello i just wanted to ask,

hello i just wanted to ask, if there a way of making the dialoge more slower?, i can't read all,because it is so fast, and this is amazing thanks for all of your hard work

Sorry problem solved

jamesbfield77
jamesbfield77's picture
Okay then! So I downloaded

Okay then! So I downloaded all the files. The last time I went through it all using the FAQ page it still somehow failed on me! Well this variation of modding is far different compared to the Steam workshop huh!

So can anyone here help me out please? Team Viewer may be needed.

reigenxd3
reigenxd3's picture
i have inastalled the german

i still get the normal race menu like oblivion before the guy ask me my name is that normal?

Pages