Pages

948 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sot
Sot's picture
Awsome!!!
Got it downloaded and will be playing shortly!
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version 004
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 10/16/2010 Version 004 is ready. This Absolutely Requires the Support Files. Please Download them as well. Version 004 includes: -- Cleanup to fix errors in Conversion and/or Merging. This addresses nearly all remaining errors. -- Missing Dwemer Machinery and Corridors from the Conversion. These have been supplied by Eloth. -- Missing Lava Vents supplied by Eloth. -- LOD Meshes for Vivic Cantons by Yoshomo -- Ash Storms by Yoshimo (these look really Great!) -- Creatures 1.2 by Yoshimo -- Creatures 1.3 by Yoshimo -- Additional object placements and item tweaking by Yoshimo This version brings back nearly all native denezins of Vvardenfell, along with some really great effects for Ash Storms. The addition of missing Dwemer meshes is very welcome as well. Sot decided to do some more tweaking of his Armor Rebalance, and Rosenkreuz is not quite ready with his Economy, so neither of these is included. It had been my intention to include Items supplied by Eloth, but I just got distracted and excited about all the creatures and Ash Storms, and totally forgot about them. My Apologies.
Lemony
Lemony's picture
id like to test it
were do i download this and what support files do i need and where to get them id love to help
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Support Files
There is a second link right underneath the main link: Support Files v004 (Meshes, Sounds, and Textures) -- 133 MB: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h1jacpemiccln2l/C%3A%5Cfakepat...
Lemony
Lemony's picture
Much Appreciated
Much Appreciated
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version 006 Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 10/19/2010. Version 006 includes the Main Quest debugged through Quest #7 Sixth House Base and into Quest #8 Corprus Cure. It also includes the Armor and Economy balance by Sot and Rosenkreuz. * Thank you to Sot for the Armor Rebalance! * Thank you to Rosenkreuz for the Economy Rebalance! The Dreamers and Dagoth Gares are totally naked. Dagoth Gares is totally unarmed as well. I put him in a robe for now, and gave him an Adamantium Sword. I'm sure that isn't right, but he was a Creature in Morrowind. Any ideas? Yoshimo's Levitation Script does not work when applied to a Potion. I have mentioned this before, but Levitation simply does not work reliably indoors in Oblivion. Caius gives you three potions of Levitation at the start of Quest #8.
Sighfin
Sighfin's picture
levitation
Hey, in regards to levitation potions: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=23030 maybe there's something in this mod that you can use for the potions.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Levitation Does NOT Work!
Thank you. Yoshimo spent the better part of an entire weekend trying to get Levitation to work, including this mod. All professed Levitation mods DO work, sometimes, and with varying degrees of success. However, NONE of them workk reliably - INDOORS - Inside the Televani Tower tracking down the Corprus Cure is Indoors. From what Yoshimo told me, the German mod in your Link works the most often, but is extremely difficult to control, and still does not work reliably indoors. When all is said and don, Levitation inside a Televani Tower, in Oblivion, boils down to TCL.
Rosenkreuz
Rosenkreuz's picture
Levitation.
I'm not experienced with scripts, but is it possible to simply make a script that turns TCL on, wait for X Seconds, then turn tcl off to mimic levitation?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
TCL is Not Scriptable
Setting TCL with a script was an option Yoshimo spent a good deal of time working with. It cannot be done with vanilla Oblivion. OBSE has a function for it, but oops, the function does not work, is known not to work, and even says it doesn't work in the documentation. Why is it still there if it doesn't work? Because. I believe what Yoshimo ended up doing in his "Levitation" script, is pop up a message telling the player to TCL and giving instructions for those not familiar with it. Then, when the duration is supposed to expire, he pops up another box saying "Time's up!" According to him it is actually more immersive and less lame than it sounds (given the circumstances). I attempted to set his scripted effect to the Queen of the Ashland's Potions in v006, but either screwed it up, or forgot that potions don't work like scrolls, or both. I am hoping Yoshimo can help me with that, otherwise I'll just switch Potions out for scrolls.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Levitation Potions
The Levitation Potions not working in v006 are my fault. I forgot that "Effect is Hostile" is checked by default and did not uncheck it, so instead of affecting the player, it "poisoned" my weapon. That will be fixed in v007. Yoshimo is right, his workaround -IS- a Lot more immersive an less lame than it sounds. It actually is not bad. He forces you into console mode, then says "Type in TCL." So it actually works well. And, the Queen of the Ashlands' Potions work just fine, so we do have "Leviation," after a fashion :)
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Version 007 is Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 10/23/2010 This new version is very exciting because it addresses one of the fundamental problems with Morroblivion that made it totally unplayable. Most of the NPC's were totally unarmed. Together the Queen of the Ashlands and Eloth have brought back nearly every magic Amulet, Ring, and Weapon in the game, and now Eloth has made them accessible through Leveled Lists and by adding them to NPC inventories. Yoshimo has added Eloth's Steam Centurion to the game and Leveled Lists. The Steam Centurion is also included. * Magical Amulets, Rings, and Weapons * Missing Shields * Missing Bows * Steam Centurion by Eloth, made available by Yoshimo * Leveled Lists adding items to containers and to 630 NPC's (yes, I counted them). Thank you Eloth! Additionally, this version brings the Main Quest through finding the Corprus Cure. See my notes about Yagrum Bagarn on my Main Quest Thread.
Sbman
Sbman's picture
Some one should really make
Some one should really make a complete download for this or a torrent for ease of use Downloading all the files for Vvardenfell Imports will take forever.....
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Someone?
Someone? How about you? Don't always wait for someone else to do things; that's why it has taken three years to get Morroblivion to this point. If you think something should be done, then do it!
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
We don't have permission to
We don't have permission to use Vvardenfell Imports without having the end-users download the mod. Besides a single file would be much much larger ... it won't help you.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Missing Longbow Updated
I forgot to include a couple of Eloth's new weapons in the Support Files. I was going to start another part anyway, 150 MB is enough for one file. Part 2 of the Support Files is available here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a74gfg6d77ej2me/C%3A%5Cfakepat... Thank you Hashmi, that is a very good point. I was very careful with how I approached themythofanst because I knew that I never wanted or meant to actually include his files, just reference them. I had always meant for this to be a separate download, so technically I did not need permission, but asked for and got it anyway :)
Sbman
Sbman's picture
OK then how about a complete
OK then how about a complete download for the other files...
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
@David Budreck: Yea, he
@David Budreck: Yea ... when I asked him he actually denied permission to repack his meshes\textures into morroblivion. Though he allowed for a dependent mod.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
I got that feeling
Yes, Hashmi, I got the feeling that he was very particular about his work from his response. Either that, or he is just afraid of Morroblivion like everyone else. And with good reason, I suppose. He too was very careful how he worded to to Only give me permission to link to it, definitely not a free hand concerning Morroblivion. That's OK. I would just as soon leave a 400MB+ file on Nexus or File Planet anyway.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version 008 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 10/25/2010. The Main Quest has been finished through #9 Mehra Milo and the Lost Prophisies, and into #10 The Path of the Incarnate. However, most of this version is Yoshimo's work. Yoshimo's mod contains a wide assortment of fixes including the beginnings of removal of all non-functional projectile weapons, the addition of the pools in Urshilaku Burial Caverns using Eloth's model, a cluster of sidequests in Ald'Ruhn with Iendus Sarandus, a sidequest near Pelagiad with Maurrie Aurmine and Nelos Onmar, enabling of all the initially disabled Dwemer architectural tiles, and alchemical apparatus effectiveness balancing. This is in addition to all the usual object placement fixes, vendor fixes, AI fixes, factional relation fixes, container fixes, and spell and enchantment fixes.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version 009 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 10/27/2010 No More Useless Projectile Weapons!!! Eloth and Yoshimo had both started replacing things as they saw them, but after Eloth's NPC mod, Yoshimo decided he had enough of useless junk and set about getting rid of ALL of them. And he did. I was going to clean up in case he missed anything, but there was nothing left to clean. From Yoshimo's Readme: This mod aims to remove all unusable Morrowind arrows, crossbow bolts, throwing stars, throwing knifes, and darts from the game. It will replace them with usable Oblivion arrows and make sure the modded NPCs have their bows. It probably eliminates 99.5 percent of them. There were a few items related to quests I have not played and do not understand. There are some silver Blood Moon arrows I do not know about and a whole gang of thieves with black darts. There is a sidequest where you are given ebony throwing stars as a reward. I have not touched any of that stuff. But I think a person should now be able to often play for a whole evening. Thank You Yoshimo!
gbrassfield
gbrassfield's picture
Quick Question
First off I would like to say thank you to all you guys for your contribution to Morroblivion. I'm glad the project isn't dead and I am grateful for all your hard work. I've been following this forum for about a month now, reading up on your progress and anxiously waiting to give Morroblivion another shot. After finally finding my Morrowind CD today and blowing off the dust I'm almost there. My question is about using a Morrowind texture pack with morrowind.ob.esm. I know Vvardenfell Imports cover the armor and weapons so I'm referring to texture packs for landscapes. Should I just stick with the original textures or would a texture pack cause some errors? Just wanted to make sure I get this running the right way so I can provide you guys with feedback.
Xirdk
Xirdk's picture
gbrassfield's question
I've used a morrowind retexture on morroblivion for a while now, from what i've experienced, nless some of the retexture textures are missing, but unless your install is broken, i believe it should work just fine. Personally, i use the original Morrowind textures, it gives the original morowind feel to everything.
Xirdk
Xirdk's picture
grammatical errors
disregard some of the answer i just posted, some of it repeats itself.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Direct Texture Replacements Are OK
True Texture Replacements are fine. That is, if the replacement does ust that, Replace "Texture A" with a diiferent "Texture A" then it doesn't matter because the Master is still looking for "Texture A." However, if the "Replacer" is actully a repointer, like fore example, Sloth's Robe Replacer for Oblivion actually uses alternate meshes that then lead to alternate textures; these will NOT work.
gbrassfield
gbrassfield's picture
Thank You
I have my computer hooked up to a 55 in hdtv so its always good to make things look pretty ;) lol. I'm installing everything now. I should have some free time tomorrow so i'll go threw and game test this and make a report of any bugs i find.
bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
I used the omod because I
I used the omod because I didn't have morrowind and now after downloading this there are missing models and the ground is purple. Can I fix this?
Xirdk
Xirdk's picture
omod problem
try extracting the omod to a folder using obmm and manually move the resources into your data folder. make sure morrowind_ob.esm loads right after oblivion.esm
Dave B
Dave B's picture
You Need Morrowind and the Converter
The OMOD does not have all the meshes and textures you need. You need to buy a copy of Morrowind and run the Converter. There is a Pinned Topic on the "General" Tab entitled "Getting to Morroblivion." These are instructions.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version 010 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 10/29/2010 Version 010 came much more quickly than I had anticipated. Yoshimo has placed Hashmi's Kwama Queen in 38 Egg Mines and has done more cleanup on several dungeons. He has included fixes for creatures, factions, and loot in Ilunibi and Tel Fyr. Fixes for spells, enchanted weapons, vendors, object placement, non-wild guar AI, NPCs, and other stuff. This version also includes some Dwemer Meshes that were still disabled pointed out by Panda, as well as a rob that made NPC wrists invisible that I had missed when replacing clothing. Thank you. This version also includes a custom Icon for Malipu-Ataman's Belt made for m by gbrassfield and Hashmi. I know that it is actually the icon for the Horator Belt. There are three more icons I am waiting to be finished, then each will have their own custom icon. Thank you both!
count ebon
count ebon's picture
Land
Hey i have a smal problem. When i oaded the esm and all that it needs the land in vvardenfell becam all purple and blue. do you have any ideas on how to fix this. ps:the mod looks great :))
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Purple = Missing Textures
Purple items typically means you are missing textures. That probably mans that you had trouble & errors with the Converter. You should probably try it again (at leas once, probably more). You can try the OMOD http://morroblivionfull.blogspot.com/ But, this can only help; it does NOT contain ALL the meshes and textures you need.
count ebon
count ebon's picture
Land
No you dont understand...im not getting purple items...im getting purple land. that means every mesh is okey but the land on witch i walk is purple :S
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Textures are applied to land in exactly the same way as they are applied to items, and if you don't have the texture that the game is looking for, you even get the same color of purple. Purple means that you are missing textures. Try reconverting first, but watch closely for errors, then try the OMOD.
count ebon
count ebon's picture
aha
Okey i know that i have no errors considuring the textures. so i will try the OMOD.
count ebon
count ebon's picture
land
i still have this problem...how do you fix this problem with this esm? all land is purple.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
I have told you what you need to do. I do not know what else to say. Purple means missing textures; it does not have anything to do with the ESM. Textures are controlled by individual meshes, not the ESM, and if the texture is not there, then you get purple. There is no other explanation. If you do not have all the textures that you need, it is because there was some failure with conversion. You need to track that down and fix whatever is causing the problem. I can't help you with that.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Support Files 2 Updated
A new version of the Support Files 2 has been Uploaded. This file includes Meshes and Textures for Default Morrowind Iron, Orcish, and Steel Armor Ground Models that were preserved from Morrowind. Default Conversion is to replace these outright with Oblivion equivalents, but to preserve the original Morrowind ID's and ground models I prevented the Converter from replacing these. Since that is not the default, the support files are needed. Thank you to The Frederick for pointing this out to me and helping me track down what was wrong.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version 011 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 10/31/2010 v011 contains a fix for "Meldor," a Bosmer Armorer in Balmora that apparently got lost in Conversion, or else the Queen of the Ashlands had something really weird in mind. Thank you to The Frederick for pointing this out to me. The Main Quest was ready for a release anyway. I had been floundering with the Path of the Incarnate for what seemed like forever in between back to back to back releases from Eloth and Yoshimo. So, I have gotten past the Path of the Incarnate, and past the first of three Hortator Quests. Thank you again to The Queen of The Ashlands! I would NEVER have been able to do this myself. It is AMAZING how much time and effort she had put into this!
Dunmermaiden
Dunmermaiden's picture
Looks good David
Looks good David
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm Version 012 Now Available
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 11/07/2010 v012 was a lot of fun! It was especially nice to get some feedback! * Thank you to the Hyperion Witch! * Thank you to Panda! * Thank you to Frederick! This version includes the Main Quest debugged through the end of the Fourth Trial. The start of the Fifth Trial, Urshilaku Nerevarine, is technically available any time after picking up Moon-And-Star, so it was there, I just made a few tweaks. This version also addresses Huleeya. If you try to leave the Black Shalk Corner Club with Huleeya without first placating the thugs, they will attack you. I also strung Dagoth Gares' speech together so the player isn't picking a slew of dialog topics (and possibly making small talk about Dunmer and Morrowind!). I think it flows much better this way. I have also made Caius actually leave his room when recalled. He now turns ownership of the room properly over to the player so the player isn't stealing things! And, he tidies up a little before leaving. This makes Caius' Room truly usable as a player home, while not straying from lore. I stayed totally within what was already in the room, except for adding one dresser which looks totally natural in the room. There are now 14 containers in the room that the player can use. (I'm not wild about the sacks under the bench; but let me know what you think!). Caius's Departure is triggered by picking up the note in Mehra Milo's room. If you have played past this, you will need to disable Caius and set ownership of the cell through the console, otherwise reload a save prior to picking up the note. The Fourth Trial Quests are triggered by picking up Moon-And-Star, OR, by talking with Nibanni. If you have proceeded past this on the Redoran Hortator Quest, then you will need to go back and talk to Nibanni again about the Fourth Trial. Asking her about the Fifth Trial shows Map Markers for the Ashlander Camps. Caravaneers are now Essential, so they won't foul up Silt Strider Transport if they fall off their perch! Panda also spotted a couple of items of troublesome clothing that I had missed. I almost forgot to mention that I have cleaned up the "%PC..." from ALL Dialog! Thank you to Some Chump for enlightening me on a MUCH easier way of doing this. It was still laborious, as there were 579 "%PCName" alone, plus "%PCRace," etc. I'm sure I made some mistakes. If so, I need the Exact text so that I can find it to fix it.
Yali
Yali's picture
Will it be possible to use
Will it be possible to use existing Morrowind mods with the new .esm. Like, say, I prefer Vivec with the Vivec Expansion mod that ads wooden bridges and grit to the city. Will I be able to integrate this into Morroblivion if I use the new .esm?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Not Unless You Mod Them
Anything is doable, but you would need to convert and apply the mods to the finished project with a mod to Morroblivion, not apply them to Morrowind and have the converter convert them for you. Any mod to Morrowind would change your copy of Morrowind_ob.esm when you run the Converer. But, if you then replace your version of Morrowind_ob.esm with the new one, then bye-bye everything custom. In addition, if ANY default Morrowind meshes are replaced with custom ones, then the converter will convert the custom meshes instead of the default meshes. Therefore, when the new Master expects a default mesh to be there that isn't, you'll get yellow diamonds. What you could do, is run the Converter twice, once with and once wihtout the mod, then isolate the changes out of your modded version of Morrowind_ob.esm as a mod to Morroblivion. I'm not saying that wouldn't involve a fair amount of work, but would certainly be possible. You would also need to ask the original author for permission to use their work.
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Clean Save? And other issues
So you mean by 'clean save' as in a save WITHOUT Morroblivion? I managed to create my own personal 'patch' which includes fixing several issues and restoring NPC's ages and changing face structure.... Also included in my fix are: - Included Nixhounds, Kagoutis, Cliff Racers, Ash creatures in levelled lists - NPC Dwemer ghosts and added to levelled lists - replacement of Dwemer Corridors because the original ones are activators and didnt make it through the converter - Some interior cells with 'laval' activators are replaced with actual lava (but obviously some cant because lava in Oblivion is actually a 'sea' type... - Fixed enchantments on clothes - Changed enchantments on weapons because some are constant effect ones... Eg. Keening, Sunder... Chrysmare - Some Interiors crash on load, this was fixed by going into CS and loading that interior, delete EVERYTHING except for the travel markers then saved.... Then Restored it and saved, this fixes that problem... Done to many interiors including Kagrenac's Library - Minor fix of bandits killing each other, sometimes do sometimes dont work.... - Some NPCs have AIs.... These are the fixes I have done for myself.... I'm still using the original converted version of the Master file and I wish my patch relies on the new one :( I know fixes are mentioned above but I dont quite understand some of them so I'll ask again, sorry... 1. Are Dwemer Corridors fixed? (The most annoying :P) 2. Enchanted Clothes - ACTUALLY enchanted? 3. NPCs modified? Caius is actually old? These three are the main issues of Morroblivion in my opinion, have these been addressed yet? In the meantime I'm going to stick with the original Master File...
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Fixes Most of Your Issues
The Master fixes most of the things you have mentioned. The Clean Save is only necessary if continuing a game from previous versions of Morroblivion. But yes, "Without Morroblivion" is the whole point to a Clean Save. There is an extensive list of creatures that have been added back to Morrowind and the Leveled Lists detailed in the readme. However, a good portion of the original spawnpoints were lost in conversion. Eloth has figured out an "easier" way of restoring them; I will work on that after I finish the main quest. Dwemer Corridors have been fixed. Some Enchanted Clothing items have enchantments, some do not. As far as I can tell NONE of the Unique items have been updated, such as Caius' clothing and PeakStar's Travel Pants. I have put a request out on my "Help Requested" post, but have not been overwhelmed with people jumping in to help. If you have updated all the clothing, I would love to include them in my project. I have no idea what you are asking about "NPCs modified." NPC's have definitely been modified. Some have had facial makeovers; some have not. The Queen of the Ashlands madeover several hundred of them. Eloth madeover about a third of the rest, but so far I have been unable to get his makeovers into the Master because they are too complex. Unarmed NPC's have been armed, and ALL useless projectile weapons have been updated. Invisible body parts have been fixed, and NPC's no longer fight each other most of the time. I do not know what Caius looked like in the original so I cannot say how close he is now, but I have never heard a complaint about him. Your personal patch is going to be totally incompatible with the new master.
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Thanks ;)
Ok thanks ;) Yeah, i may as well forget about my personal patch anyways :D oh and yeah about the 'enchanted clothing'... ALL the original enchantments are there, and most non unique clothing which are supposed to be enchanted can be fixed by simply matching them up again, no need to change the actual enchantment at all... As for MOST unique items, I simple made alternatives for my patch because unlike Morrowind, you cant have 'cast effects' for any gear, only constant effects which sucks... a scripted effect may work though... What I meant by NPC modified is by fixing their appropriate age and making face changes to them because most NPCS have the same basic 'looks' so I went away and modified as much as I can to the main NPCs... Also included in my personal mod is a 'ghost of Dagoth Ur', I simply used an ash vampire and gave him the Dagoth ur mask from Vvardenfell imports... ghost effect because he's a wraith (My personal patch is set not in Morrowind's time thats why XD), also wraiths of past enemies such as Almalexia and Heart-Fang were added... Sunder, Keening and Wraithguard scripts working, meaning you need wraithguard equipped to hold keening or sunder or else instant death :P Ah well, I think the new master is WAY worth ditching for anyway thanks again :D
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Please Don't Just Ditch
It would be a wast to just ditch all that work. If you will send me the mod I will do my best to include what I can in the Master, such as facial makeovers--if I can. No promises. I WAS able to import the Queen of the Ashland's doovers, but was NOT able to import Eloth's. I am aware that everything CAN be done... but, WHO is going to do it? If you have updated any enchanted clotihing I will try to import that as well.
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Alright no probs ;)
Ok I'll package everything thats required for the mod... ALL resources are made by the people here so ALL credit go to them in terms of resources, the only things I did are all CS based :D ill compile a full credits list along with the mod, i should be able to release it soon, just how do I do it? Also are Dwemer centurians included in the new master file?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Free File Hosting
Thank you. www.MediaFire.com is the most common site used here. I use it for all my stuff. Upload your file to MediaFire, then send me a PM with the link. A good deal of the stuff has probably been integrated already. I will let you know what I can import and intend to use before I do anything.
Didact1
Didact1's picture
Conflict perhaps?
Because my personal patch is of the old version of the master, it may conflict.... for example, DOUBLE NPCS are removed (but not removed from the actual CS).... Also that Dwemer Corridor missing mesh is replaced with just an existing mesh... Another question: Is it possible to transport to the Clockwork City? and the Glacier in Bloodmoon? In my personal patch I simply made 'doorways' to these places (The Shrine of the Dead transports to Clockwork City)... (An underwater cavern leads inside the Glacier) Also further info on my personal patch: - Wraithguard floats just off the cliff edge of the bridge, the bridge has changed angles to be vertical because the bridge is broken and hangs off the edge.... - THIS IS NOT LORE... But I added a doorway into a cavern with a small bridge extending over a pool of laval.... Sauron stands over it, and has his mace and ring... totally not lore, just a personal add-on (get it? red mountian is mount doom? lol :D ) Anyway thats all ;) ill get on it

Pages