26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
Armor from Vvardenfell Imports
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Oblivion... The mod has has some pretty good armor we could use like Netch, Imperial guard (+ silver/ newtscale / dragonscale / templar etc.) and Nordic armor. I know that Silgrad Tower got the permission to use it (dont know if they actually did), and I am confident we can get the permission too (I already sent a request to themythofstrider).
daemonnnn
daemonnnn's picture
welll the armours themselves
welll the armours themselves were made by multiple ppl,among them would be slof and tieranfoy(?) themythofstrider just packed them up in a single mod...you'd have to get permission from all those ppl individualy,not from him. though you could do that
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
I think that we dont need
I think that we dont need any other permissions unless we use the additional "addon" ... at least thats what the guy on silgrad tower got told. But yeah I can ask more people if needed. Anyways suppose that we dont get permission, can't we still just ask people to install the original Vvanderfell Imports mod and then release a plugin 'dependent' on it which links the meshes to our morrowind items.
Trickmaster
Trickmaster's picture
Dependent Mod
I started working on a dependent mod like Hashmi1 suggested. I'll probably be done and submit it some time today. =D
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
Nice, though I'd prefer it
Nice, though I'd prefer it if we can get the permission and repack only the suff we need ... the complete Vvanderfell Imports is like about 500 MB I think.
Trickmaster
Trickmaster's picture
Good point, but if there are
Good point, but if there are too many authors, it would be pretty hard to contact them all. If we do get permission, we can add the stuff we need after.
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
Ok ... good good
Ok ... good good :)
Trickmaster
Trickmaster's picture
No luck
Well, I got about halfway finished then it froze. Then, I got almost to the point I was at AGAIN, and saved, then it didn't save properly and closed the construction set. I'm done trying. Edit: I'll try one last time. I guess I have to save after every armor set. :( Edit#2 : Whenever I try to save a mod with Morroblivion and VI there is an error. It even happens when I try saving a blank mod with no changes done (though it probably contains all of the GMSTs). I'm going to try making it without loading Morroblivion, and just using the same armor IDs. I just need to copy down all of the IDs first.
daemonnnn
daemonnnn's picture
well i imagine the problem
well i imagine the problem you are having is due to the nature of Morroblivion and its MW based elements. I'd recommend getting permission or if you want to work on that addon dependant of VVImports that you mess a bit with the mod first...the converter really seems to block up its own access.. Don't know why this happens though tbh
Trickmaster
Trickmaster's picture
Well, even with just
Well, even with just Vvardenfell Imports loaded without Morroblivion it still freezes when I try saving it. I tried reinstalling my construction set, but it still acts the same. It works fine except when I have Vvardenfell Imports or Morroblivion loaded.
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
This thing happens to me
This thing happens to me sometimes, i personally found the solution in saving often ... and after every couple of saves making a seperate backup. That way you can continue from where it crashes without having to start from the beginning.
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
Oh the....
Oh and bad news from the permission, this is the reply I got: Unfortunately, as I did not create all the content in vvardenfell imports (meshes) I can't allow you to include it in morroblivion as that release isn't legal and thus unsupported by the majority of the community. I guess we will have to work on a 'dependent mod' after all. I am a bit busy right now but will start work on it as soon as I am free (2 weeks) in the meantime anyone is free to do it. Trickmaster, if you can please try another time.
Trickmaster
Trickmaster's picture
I guess I'll give it one more shot
I guess I'll give it one more shot. I'll see how long it takes, and post my progress some time today. Edit : Even when I try just adding 1 piece of armor it crashes when I save. I tried multiple times, just to make sure. If we can find some way that works, I'd gladly make the mod.
daemonnnn
daemonnnn's picture
It is unfortunate that most
It is unfortunate that most ppl are still unwilling to help this project that in a way is the purest conversion of a part of Nirn has it can get.. Either ways we'll still need to redo most of the weapons/armours and allocate them on the proper NPCs that equip them
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
@Trickmaster Ok, thanks for
@Trickmaster Ok, thanks for trying :) , I *think* that your CS might not be updated etc. But anyways I'll try it myself ... if nothing else perhaps we can do it using ini files in the esp converter ... that way we can also resolve some errors like seperate pauldrons and seperate left-right hand armour. I'll try to release something this weekend or next sunday.
Thunderstudent
Thunderstudent's picture
Looks epic
I love how the armor looks, I'd love to see video's of these sets.
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
@Thunderstudent: There are
@Thunderstudent: There are videos on youtube ... just search for Vvardenfell Imports
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
I talked again to the
I talked again to the themythofstrider about doing the work around, i.e a dependent mod. He approves of it: -------------------------------------------------------------- I suppose the work around would be alright. Cheers, and goodluck! Myth. -------------------------------------------------------------
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
I finally downloaded
I finally downloaded Vvardenfell Imports ... and I really love it. Will start work on an Armor replacement as soon as the inis are finalised. It has a much better Cephalopod helm and also better bonemold armor. Further nearly every single peice of armor we need is available, Daedric Lord Armor is included as is Cryo's Bonemold Helm ... the only thing missing is Vvardenfell Glass. IOh and by the way I figured out what your problem was Trickmaster ... one can not make a plugin "dependent on another esp" ... plugins can only be dependent on an esm (master file) not another esp (plugin file). Thats why you can not save a mod with Vvardenfell Imports.esp loaded. But then hey ... why are you even using Vvardenfell Imports.esp ... we need the meshes\textures which will be copied to Oblivion\Data folder when people install Vvardenfell imports ... we need not have anything to with its esp. We will "depend" on Vvardenfell Imports by sharing its resources NOT by making our esp dependent on its esp.
daemonnnn
daemonnnn's picture
updating
updating
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
I've started work on this
I've started work on this ... latest news ... Telvanni Guards are now wearing the new Cephalopod helm ... SOOOooooo much better than the original one Ghogiel made :p
Garu_vm
Garu_vm's picture
i love to see the glass
i love to see the glass armor that never saw the light
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
LHamonds is still working on
LHamonds is still working on Vvardenfell Glass ... if it comes out I'll add it to Armors Restored ... that is if it comes out in my life time .. lol :p ... its been in WIP for Sooooo long ... yet LHamonds said somewhere last month that it is still active.
daemonnnn
daemonnnn's picture
Yep LHamonds is still active
Yep LHamonds is still active on the armour business though most modders have stepped a bit and went more to their own private lives...even slof has been absent... I'm still waiting for the next DR6 which should be coming really REALLY soon and hopefully will get more back into oblivion modding :)
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk's picture
Contributor
Easy fix
Kia Ora if you ahve Wrye Bash you load it highlight the esp you want as master and esmify it and go for it in CS, just remember that before you play you need right click it again and espify it and jsu do that each time you need it
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
Yes but we dont *need* to
Yes but we dont *need* to make it dependent on the esp at all. We will just share the resources (meshes\textures) from their respective folders as present in Vvardenfell Imports.