28 posts / 0 new
Last post
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
[REL/WIP] Buyable Houses of Vvardenfell

This mod adds the possibility for the player to buy houses in places of Vvardenfell

And the first one is in (surprise!) Seyda Neen :D

I didn't add any new houses here - instead you can buy Vodunius Nuccius's house after completing his little quest (hint: to start this quest talk about "Little Advice" with him)
Seller: Socucius Ergalla (old man from chargen)
Price: 3000-3500 gold (depends on your character's stats)

Download

Note: due to nature of the mod I had to write some completely new dialogue lines. I wanted them to be unique and immersive, but since English is not my native language there could be some grammatical or punctuation errors (or just bad phrasing). Please feel free to report if you find any.

Edited by: qwertyasdfgh on 07/24/2012 - 13:40
gidz89
gidz89's picture
Haha i actually assumed it

Haha i actually assumed it was your native language, you sir speak excellent English in my opinion. :)

This mod is going to be great, sorely needed i think.

Wow, this is where no voicing in Morrowind actually comes in handy!

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Nice job, this was definitely

Nice job, this was definitely needed.

Indeed, I must agree with Gidz, I thought English was your native language as well. :)

Gidz:  That was what was so great about Morrowind mods, and why they will always be better than Oblivion and Skyrim mods.  Voice acting is a big pain for any mod that wants to edit vanilla characters.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Very true, release a big

Very true, release a big quest for Oblivion with no voice acting=less downloads but with Morrowind it doesn't even matter! :)

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Great work qwerty,your

Great work qwerty,your mastery of the english lanquage is better than mine...and I am a Brit from the UK.:)

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Yay! a fellow Brit!

Yay! a fellow Brit! :D

Haha, yep the same for me, i'm rubbish at English was my worst subject at school :O

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I was in the US for a few

I was in the US for a few years,and could understand US English a lot easier than some of the posh british way of talking.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Really? That is actually kind

Really? That is actually kind of cool Ironman.  It makes me glad I'm American.

Sorry for kind of stealing your thread Qwerty. :)

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Master File
The ability to buy houses in Vvardenfell was not part of Vanilla Morrowind, but it is part of Oblivion. It should have been in Morrowind as well. Adding completely new content like this to the Master File is something that we generally don't do, but I am thinking very strongly of including this in the Master when it is ready. Does anybody have any objections or opinions?
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Houses
In morrowind if I wanted a house then I would go into a npc house then kill everyone inside and live there.
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
There are some homes

There are some homes in morroblivion that are already owned by the player.

Player Homes:

Balmora Home by Auriel and Anna-Lisa
Player home in Balmora. 

Abandoned Lighthouse Player Home  by Oldwolf58
An abandoned lighthouse for the player to live in.

Seyda Neen Player Home by John117
Player home in Seyda Neen.

Better Seyda Neen Home by Auriel and Anna-Lisa
Beautiful Renovation for the Seyda Neen Player Home.

But having to buy homes,like in querty`s mod adds more interest to owning them,imho.

Valtallan
Valtallan's picture
No objections here david. I

No objections here david. I see morroblivion more as "morrowind updated", adding features popular in oblivion to Morroblivion doesn't seem wrong at all to me. That is, so long as they don't remove, void, or go against parts of the original morrowind.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
No objections at all.  Like

No objections at all.  Like Brutal if I wanted a house in Morrowind I just took it, but unfortunately I don't think that is possible in the Oblivion engine.  So yeah, go ahead and put it in. :)

gidz89
gidz89's picture
@ironman12345 haha well posh

@ironman12345 haha well posh depends on were ur from i'm a scouser so no posh talk from me :) i can't listen to people who talk posh they just seem, well stuck up.

@Dave B yea i have to agree with Valtallan if features add to the game, without going against the original then they should be included, it definately should have been in Morrowind :)

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Yes, you can't just claim any

Yes, you can't just claim any house in Oblivion as your own because of different crime system (and you can't sleep in "owned" beds).

Also, I'm trying to make this blend into vanilla gameworld as seamless as possible. I will not add any new NPCs (but using vanilla ones if needed instead) and if I have to put a new house somewhere it won't differ too much from others in this area.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
It`s better brutal`s way [and

It`s better brutal`s way [and more fun,if they out rank you and fight back],but I quess Beth decided to go heavy on the crime bit when they planned Oblivion.:(

But it`s cool ,as with qwerty`s mod you can always kill more bandits to get the funds.:)

Rts420
Rts420's picture
Does this add only one house?

Does this add only one house? or multiple houses you can buy?

As Iv gotten further in the game (currently like 5-6 hours in) I would love to be able to buy a few different houses to store stuff I dont feel like I should sell.

Trying to figure out if this is the best or only house mod or if theres others. If it has multiple houses in different places would be nice to pick up.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
No, only one house for now.

No, only one house for now.

Balzek
Balzek's picture
I can't seem to find the

I can't seem to find the quest for Vodunius Nuccius. I've tried all of his topics he has available. The only quest I get from him is to travel to Solsthein. Am I missing something?

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
It's a short quest and it's

It's a short quest and it's started by "Little Advice" topic.

SRH_ELITEWOLFE
SRH_ELITEWOLFE's picture
Awesome mod qwertyasdfgh.

Awesome mod qwertyasdfgh. Really helped since I'm a novice Morrowind player. I always get concerned as to what I keep and what I sell in the game. Off topic but do you do any work on Skywind also? (New member here)

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
No, I don't.

No, I don't.

iamnone
iamnone's picture
Dura gra-Bol's house in
St. Delyn Waist North-Two in Vivec could be converted to a buyable home.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Abandoned_Houses

Hlaalo Manor in Balmora could be converted to a buyable home after the quest The Death of Ralen Hlaalo.  There could be an option to hire Ralen's servant, Uryne Nirith, as steward/housekeeper.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:The_Death_of_Ralen_Hlaalo

Dura gra-Bol's house in Balmora could be converted to a buyable home after she's killed. 

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Gra-Bol's_Bounty
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Thanks for the suggestions, I

Thanks for the suggestions, I just need to find some time to update this mod.

It was planned to be merged into master quite some time ago, so I might just do that as well.

digital_trucker
digital_trucker's picture
I'm getting weird behavior

I'm getting weird behavior with this mod.  I'm running the latest version of Morroblivion, since I just started  with it a month or so ago.  When I go into the Excise office to inquire about the home, the guards are constantly saying "What was that?", but they're not aggressive.  As soon as I actually buy the home, however, they start attacking me.  They won't accept a yield.  If I run away to my newly-purchased home and go inside that, then I can go back into the excise office without being attacked anymore (but they're still saying "What was that?")  Also, half the containers inside the house are still marked as steal, including the bed.  So, either Socucius Ergalla is running a scam on me or it's being buggy with me, *chuckle*  Here's me load order, I don't think there's anything that should be causing conflicts...

sonama
sonama's picture
I'm having a bit of trouble

I'm having a bit of trouble with it. i did the quest for the guy and paid him his money. but when i talk to the guy you would buy the house from he says none are available =/

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I'm having a bit of trouble

I'm having a bit of trouble with it. i did the quest for the guy and paid him his money. but when i talk to the guy you would buy the house from he says none are available =/

You need to leave Seyda Neen and come back.

masternetra
masternetra's picture
I guess this has been

I guess this has been abandoned, that sucks. I was going to suggest doing a classic Portable Ashlander's tent sold by someone in the Urshilaku tribe. Though would be even more immersive if instead sold, after you become part of the tribe your "shown" how to make your own yurt/gear which would include a fade to black then return with the gear added.