Pages

203 posts / 0 new
Last post
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
FYI, everyone should delete

FYI, everyone should delete these files from this mod because they will override voice files from the Morroblivion BSA.  Also: go try out my new test_usv.dll plugin to replace Elys_USV.dll.  It will automatically fallback to searching the Imperial race directory for you -- no more symlinks or duplicate folders for the other races.  Yay.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
I've cleaned up and

I've cleaned up and repackaged the latest computer-generated voicefiles here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4iycr5ia34zvoxa/Morroblivion_C...

This file is huge: 2gb compressed and 4gb uncompressed.  However, this size will hopefully continue to shrink as I continue cleaning out the wasted space and buggy files.  This compressed file is ready for installing with Wrye Bash.  You should also install the voicefile_redirector plugin to give voices to non-imperial races.

I've already deleted the files which will inappropriately replace the original professionally recorded voices in the game.  I also went through and deleted over 500 mp3+lip files that were unused/wasted by the game due to situations like Caius Cosades being male or Eydis Fire-eye being female and thus not needing complete voice recordings of the opposite gender.  While that seems like a lot, there are still more than 100,000 mp3+lip files to go through.  I will try to write a script in the future to cull out the rest of the unused files.

Since this project began several years ago when Morroblivion was not yet complete, about 10% of main quest dialog is still missing.  Also, some lip files seem to be corrupted or just not working correctly.  My hope is to eventually put together some scripts to regenerate all the dialog using Mac OS X's text to speech subsystem.  This will allow me to assign different computer-generated accents and voices to individual NPCs.

Pages