203 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor

RammS
RammS's picture
Voice overs
Awesome!=) At the moment, I haven't got any bugs =) But Oblivion has got more lags =( I think it happens because voices is unpacked=) So in future when release will be full, all will be perfect=)
Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
30th Oct now,but I am still

30th Oct now,but I am still working on the files,have not given up yet.

There are a lot of them,but with patience I should [crosses fingers] get through the main quest dialogue and the guilds by....wait for it April 2012.

It`s a long time away but to get each race sounding correct and editing the files takes ages,but even it it takes a year morroblivion will eventually get voiced even if text to speech is used.

We need some hollywood actors..anyone won the lottery lately.:)

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
I have updated the first post

I have updated the first post in this thread - cleaned up the text, added some more information and tutorials.

However, after reading through this thread several times, I am still not sure what the current status is... this is the best I could put together. 

• Done: Generated 21190 MP3’s and 21190 LIP-Sync files (1.2GB) for Imperial Male (posted Oct 9, 2011)
  • Done: Generated 21190 MP3’s and 21190 LIP-Sync files (1.2GB) for Imperial Female (posted Oct 9, 2011)
  • WIP: Testing to confirm that the current Imperial LIP-Sync files are usable without any issues on the other races.
  • WIP: Testing to find bugs and errors in the current package.
  • WIP: Finding and adding missing voice lines - currently missing about 8000 lines (Sjors Boomschors appears to be working on this).
  • WIP: Morphing the audio files for the rest of the races (ironman12345 appears to be working on this)

It seems like Sjors Boomschors holds the keys here, as he has all the files and data.  It would be nice if he would post:

• What text-to-speech program he used, and any other programs
  • The databases he has with the dialogue lines and who says them
  • Any other files related to the project

So that other people can work on the project (assuming that he has given up, since he hasn't been online in 5 months)...

Ice
Ice's picture
I sent an email to SB and a

I sent an email to SB and a private message to Sot. Hopefully they'll respond and either come back to the thread or upload some of their files / info so we can keep moving forward. This is exciting!

Thanks for the cleanup Thermador.

ALSO:

This should really be split into two threads. Sot is leading a project to record and compile voice actor dialogue to voice Morroblivion. SB is working on a project to generate voiced dialogue through computers. Thermador, do you think you could / would want to split this into two sections/ link the two sections?

In a perfect world, you'd download SB's complete project, and then download what's complete of Sot's project and copy those human/real voices over the computer voices.

Also, IF we don't hear from Sot for a while, I'd be happy to temporarily lead Sot's project until he gets back. I could gather people's dialogue and compile it into an esp, and answer questions people have. I don't have a great audio-work background, but I get how Sot was doing things. 

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Lack of Feedback
Sjors, your sentiments have been echoed by just about everybody that has contributed to this project. I have seen it over and over again with people that start helping, put something out asking for input, and get... no feedback whatsoever, then get discouraged and fade away. Nobody will test anything for you; or give you any meaningful feedback or input. However, people are more than happy to complain if something doesn't work. At one time I had started a "Morrowind_ob.esm Discussion" topic, but there was no "discussion," just me talking to myself, so I eventualy stopped updating it. Eloth spent hundreds, maybe thousands of hours working on his Visual Overal over a period of two years, but nobody has posted anything on his release thread for 21 weeks. Nobody since then that has downloaded his magnificent mod has bothered to say thank you. As I told RobertNeville, we do this for ourselves, and for the few people that will give us something back, that will actually contribute to a project that becomes something more than we could have gotten on our own. This is a VERY small, niche Site, now even more so that Skyrim has come out. Thank you for all the work you have put into it so far, and I personally am hopeful that you will continue working of your poject.
Ice
Ice's picture
Feedback

I've seen and experienced this lack of feedback. I've gone through waves of motivation. In the end it does seem that the only motivation that sticks is our own.

And that makes me all the more amazed at the effort that people have put into this site. I may sound like a broken record, but I really am impressed with what people like Eloth or Hashmi or Helpful Person, or David or Robert (and the list goes on) have done for this site. And I want to say thank you again.

You guys make an awesome game, and you've taught me a ton. I really appreciate all of you contributers.

Clint
Clint's picture
Yeah SJ, I know how it's

Yeah SJ, I know how it's like. I spent a lot of my summer working on the Morrowind Greetings and Combat dialogue. When I finally released it, no one even said anything, making me feel really bummed out.

We do this because we see something wrong, and then go out and fix it. Everyone then benefits. Unfortunately, not many return and give the creator/fixer thanks.

But as a modder, I and probably a lot of other guys around here (David, Hashmi, Eloth, Thermador) appreciate what you do, because we know how much time it takes to do these things.

Thanks for what you do!

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Updated

I have split out this entire discussion on Computer-Generated Voiced Dialogue to its own thread (the thread you are reading now).  That actually took several hours, because all 112 posts had to be moved one at a time!

I have renamed the other thread to [WIP] Acted Voiced Dialogue, which is where all discussion on the voice-acting project should take place.

Clint
Clint's picture
Thanks Thermador, we really

Thanks Thermador, we really needed those to be split up.

Man, removing 112 posts one at a time. You sir are a bad@ss :P

Ice
Ice's picture
Yah he is!

Yah he is!

Geethebluesky
Geethebluesky's picture
Hi, I'm a total newbie to

Hi, I'm a total newbie to this forum but I just wanted to say thanks for making all this CG dialogue!

I just finished installing Morroblivion yesterday and heck, there are a lot of places where I wish the NPCs would speak. Saw this project in the list and figured I'd give it a try. Also I find it sad that people are taking all this hard work for granted. (Saying "Thanks" is a learned skill even in adulthood!)

So: Thanks muchly :)

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Ice
Ice's picture
Good work SB!

Good work SB!

Gothryd
Gothryd's picture
 Great job with this mod.I've

Great job with this mod.

I've tested it with several npcs of each race and the lip-sync seems perfect. I'll experiment more and let you know if I'll find anything. I never imagined that this huge amount of dialogs can truly be voiced.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Nice work!  Thank you for

Nice work!  Thank you for continuing to work on the project!

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I think it`s 42xxxx or

I think it`s 42xxxx or 47xxxx,mono but need to check the speed of the original files.

Just quessing though SB.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Ice
Ice's picture
Wow, looks like a LOT of

Wow, looks like a LOT of work.

Good job and keep at it SB!

Clint
Clint's picture
Holy crud man, looks tough,

Holy crud man, looks tough, but I believe in you! Keep it up!

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Ice
Ice's picture
Could you make one big file

Could you make one big file and make a torrent out of it?
That's my best idea... 

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Ice
Ice's picture
Congrats and good work! 

Congrats and good work!

:D

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
First post updated

Sjors Boomschors, thank you for all your hard work on this!  I have updated the first post in the thread for you.

If you ever want to update the first post yourself, just go to the first page of this thread and then click the "EDIT" link at the top (when you are logged in).

Amazing stuff.  Can't wait to download it and try it out!

Clint
Clint's picture
Hey, I don't know if you know

Hey, I don't know if you know this S.B. but there's a torrent also on that site. So that's what I'm using right now.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Clint
Clint's picture
Torrent Option

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Clint
Clint's picture
Sounds tough but the right

Sounds tough but the right choice to make SJ.

I downloaded your male and female Imperial voices, but my Morroblivion install on my Mac has decided to take a dump, so when I get that back up and running, I'll let you know how they feel in game.

Thanks for all your hard work bro!

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

MERSA_Infector
MERSA_Infector's picture
Thank You So Much!!

S.B.,

I just wanted to thank you for the time and effort you've put into this thing! I just finished downloading the 3 files you have so far, now to install and give it a run.  Let you know how it works.

Please keep up the good work and don't get discouraged or give up.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

steph
steph's picture
Here's what I use ..

Here's what I use ..

http://www.mediafire.com/?ppapt0jovpbmerp

It's an excel file sorted by quest name, then by NPC Name and zipped up

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor

Solin
Solin's picture
If you could share one of

If you could share one of those Excel files sorted by race and gender, then by NPC name, I'd be mighty appreciative. I don't need file paths so much, as my interest is loaning my apparently manly and sinister voice, but it'd be nice to have an easy list of all the dialogue in easy to grab format.

My own attempts at exporting dialogue have told me that my computer and the Construction Set can't play nice together... I feel like a parent with two children that refuse to get along.

**EDIT**

And S.B. asks for the same, and I missed his post because... because. Yea, I tried Exporting like that... my computer called me many nasty names and hurt my feelings.

WhipDiddyWhip
WhipDiddyWhip's picture
i was really looking forward

i was really looking forward to trying this mod, but it appears the files arn't there anymore, shame because this looks like one of the best mods, makes me sad panda :(

Dark Rider
Dark Rider's picture
I second the post above. I

I second the post above. I joined this forum just so I can ask this question:

What happened to the 4Shared download links?

They say the file is not found.

Will these files be re-uploaded? If so, can someone, I assume Sjors please tell me when this will happen?

It seems a tragidy for Sjors to do all this work and the files were either too buggy to work or for some reason the project got scrapped. Please let us know what is going on with these files.

Edit:

I see this thread seems to indicate that Sjors's files are included in the Morrowind complete installation V0.54

http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/2031

But it points to this thread, http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/2173 which doesn't mention exactly what files are included - so it's confusing.. Did Sjors take down the files from 4Shared because this download is no longer needed because it's included in the complete installation file?

gidz89
gidz89's picture
The project for now, as i

The project for now, as i believe, is dead because it seems that it is impossible to export a dialogueExport.txt file for Morroblivion. This file is needed to proper attribute each voice line to a specific character otherwise all the files have to go with every NPC in the game, thus increasing the mod size from around 2-4gb to around 50-60 gb. I have tried to export a dialogueExport.txt file, along with S.B. and i'm sure others have tried aswell but it goes well for around an hour in the CS and then crashes completely. Until it can get exported (i doubt it ever will) a project like this can't exist i'm afraid. Oh and the voice lines that were already done i think were for the Imperials only, other races were still unvoiced so you weren't missing that much. ;)

Dark Rider
Dark Rider's picture
I see, thank you for your

I see, thank you for your reply.

Sjors Boomschors
Contributor
Post removed

Post removed

llde
llde's picture
Sorry can you use antoher

Sorry can you use antoher file hosting service? becouse 4shared already said that the link is no longer valid.

Pages