15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
[MERGED] Levitation

This mod has been merged into v049 of morrowind_ob.esm and is now redundant

This mod brings levitation to Morroblivion.

I tried to make levitating feels more "natural" in that you're not walking through the air anymore, but rather flying with a somewhat natural swing.  Levitation movement is controlled by your viewing direction and your movement control keys (forward, back, strafe left, strafe right). When pressing any of your control keys you will accelerate in the corresponding direction finally reaching a maximum velocity. When you release your control keys, movement doesn't stop abruptly but rather fades out slowly.

Levitation comes in four flavors: Weak, normal, strong and wild. When casting a weak levitation spell, acceleration and maximum velocity will be rather low, while casting wild levitation will give you maximum boost (this is really much fun ; ) I have included an Ini-file where you can customize most aspects of the levitation effects (e.g. acceleration factors for the different flavors). If you would like to test the different levitation effects, set testMode to 1. This will add 4 different levitation spells to your inventory (all novice skill level with no magicka costs) when you load the mod for the first time.

Different levitation effects have been applied to the various spells and potions in Morroblivion (e.g. bargain and cheap potions provide weak levitation, standard potions and the "Levitate" spell provide standard levitation and so on), so you can use your already owned spells and potions.

Levitation works indoors as well as outdoors and doesn't have any "ghosting through walls" issues like some other levitation mods.

Requirements:
OBSE v20

Installation:
Extract the archieve into your Oblivion/Data folder and activate "Morrowind_ob - Levitation.esp

Update 0.2:
Fixed a little bug with the "great levitate" spell

Greetz, Eazzy

AttachmentSize
File Morrowind_on - Levitation v0.2.7z4.28 KB
Edited by: thermador on 12/31/2011 - 17:46
Darth South
Darth South's picture
I am not able to try this

I am not able to try this now, but if you have succeeded simulating levitation perfectly, you have done a very great service to Morroblivion. Thank you very much!

steph
steph's picture
I just tried it. It works

I just tried it. It works fine, except when I activate the spell I get the 'falling animation' in 3rd person. If you could set the animation to walking, swimming, or something else more appropriate it would look a lot better.

Otherwise, nice!!  I give it a 9 ..

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Its a
Its a Christmas/Chanukah/Festivus miracle! Thank you!!!
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thanks! Eazzy,levitation is

Thanks! Eazzy,levitation is what morroblivion was missing,now it can really be up there with the original morrowind.:)

Have a great New Year.

Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
Thanks for your replies!

Thanks for your replies! :)

@steph: I agree. I don't like the falling animation neither, but there is no vanilla animation which is more appropriate. The walking and swimming animations IMO look silly when combined with dynamic velocity. I tried to make a custom levitation animation myself, but i'm not good at this. If somebody likes to make one, i'd be happy to include it.

Have a happy new year!

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Included in v049
Eazzy's Levitation had been Merged into v049 of the Morrowind_ob.esm Master File. Thank You Eazzy!!!!! The stand-alone mod is no longer required (and is now just redundant).
Eazzy
Eazzy's picture
I'm glad, that i could

I'm glad, that i could contribute to this great project :)

Ice
Ice's picture
Yay! I'm in Skyrim mode

Yay! I'm in Skyrim mode still, but this will be one major thing I'll be looking forward to seeing when I visit Morroblivion again.

Thanks so much for doing this Eazzy!

Orifice
Orifice's picture
You sir are a

You sir are a legend!!

Awesome! Badly needed and much apreciated.

steph
steph's picture
I hate to redurrect an old

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I wanted to let people know that I found an alternate 'falling anmation' at the Nexus that fits nicely with this levitation mod. SkyDive-30601.zip is perfect since it makes you look as if you're flying.

I don't suggest merging it with the Morroblivion master, but as an add-on it works great.

get it here - http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=30601

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thanks! Steph,will give it a

Thanks! Steph,will give it a try.Flying like superman sounds great.:)

Ice
Ice's picture
I think I'm using this mod.

I think I'm using this mod. :)
Good call Steph! 

steph
steph's picture
I noticed that the

I noticed that the 'permission to use' thing that modders do is covered under the CC-BY 3.0 license, which states in part:

creativecommons wrote:

"You are free:
  • to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
  • to Remix — to adapt the work
  • to make commercial use of the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

(read the full license here):  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

steph
steph's picture
Steff wrote:"For those who

Steff wrote:

"For those who don't know what the flying mod looks like when you Levitate, here's a pic."