Pages

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
toneTES
toneTES's picture
UNKNOWN NETWORK ERROR

I have tried downloading the 2.5 GB file for Morroblivion 4 times now and it keeps getting interrupted, saying unknown network error. I'm using Google Chrome.

Heathenflame
Heathenflame's picture
This is the most amazing

This is the most amazing thing that has happened to me, I'm more pleased about this than i was when skyrim came out. Thank you, i never got to play morrowind because the hitboxes was too poor with the recognition that i couldn't really play it. Oblivion was my preferred game engine and this is just outstanding.

chumlee
chumlee's picture
I need help finding the installation file

I am new to this site and I went to click on the Morrowind_ob.esm Master File Installer -- link and it says invalid or deleted file.  Could someone please fix the link or post the correct link so I can install the file?  Thank you.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Updated for v055!

Updated for v055!

----

Changes to my release pack from v054->v055 include:

----

If you have V050, V051, V052, V053 or V054 already installed you can upgrade to V055 by downloading the following files and then copying them over the files that you downloaded with the previous version, replacing (overwriting) everything.

1) Get the updated ESM master file:

2) Get the updated meshes and textures:

3) Updating the following files (optional but recommended):

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Link

Your link is not the same as above your might have been downloading v054 the link above does download from mediafire try again

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
I have 0.54 on my pc. Is it

I have 0.54 on my pc. Is it nesessary to download the big file or just the esp?

I have downloaded the big 0.55 file and the files in MENUS folder are corrupted (more specifically the N subfolder)

If I dont copy that there will any problem?

There was Morrowind_ob - Faction Relationships.esp in 0.54 and now you have added Morroblivion - Faction Relation_0.esp too. Shall I remove the previous or run them together?

Ok I m a bit confused. In my data i have same mods with different names, for example:

Morroblivion - UCWUS.esp and Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp

Morroblivion Conversation.esp and Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp

and others... what shall i keep? 

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
If the file you downloaded is

If the file you downloaded is corrupt, then you need to download it again.  I just downloaded the 2.5Gb file to check it, and it's not corrupt.  File size should be 2,768,207,913 bytes when downloaded (not "size on disk", just file "size" when you check the right-click properties of the file in windows).

Oblisgr
Oblisgr's picture
I think it would be better if

I think it would be better if you create many small big-files (250MB for example) so if a tome is corrupted, we can download only this corrupted big-file.

Also a good thing is the torrent file. In torrent client you can see all the files and you can select which files or folders to download only. This way, we can re-download the torrent and select only our corrupted folders to download. Fast and accurate.

tuco
tuco's picture
Thanks

Just want to say thanks. I am enjoying the mod very much and I wanted to congratulate those invovled.

MT-AG
MT-AG's picture
Downloading now.  Only 4

Downloading now.  Only 4 hours left :D

Thank you all for doing this.  Once I get this up and running, I think it might be time for me to start getting my modding hat on.  Never modded before, but I am a programmer and have been a fan of these games forever. 

VampireLord
VampireLord's picture
bug
i cant hear the voice of anyone help?
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
There is no voiced dialogue

There is no voiced dialogue to hear.  That is the way Morrowind was.

VampireLord
VampireLord's picture
is there any mod?

mod that helps the dialogue because I just can't read it so fast it is impossible

likalaruku
likalaruku's picture
No UOP for GOTY.

I read that people who have the Oblivion GOTYE should NOT install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. Can someone with the Game of the Year edition tell just how manditory the UOP is to this mod?

2ed question: I can run Oblivion fine with onboard graphics because the computer is less than a year old. Does this mod really make the game that more demanding on the system?

Barnzy
Barnzy's picture
Small in-game bugs related to the the complete install

First off I'd just like to say thank you to the modders that made this mod! I've been playing since version 52 and it's brilliant!

But throughout my gameplay, I've noticed a couple bugs that i think are related to thermador's complete install, so i was hoping someone could help me resolve these. These bugs aren't gamebreaking, they're just immersion breaking really.

1) Purple Mummies.

As I've said, i've been playing since V52. When a new version comes out I do a complete uninstall and reinstalll of Oblivion along with the new Morroblivion master and the new complete install package. But i've noticed throughout all these versions that the decorative mummies you sometimes encounter are still purple, as in they have no texture! One such example would be (mild spoiler, i'll keep this a spoiler free as i can) where i go to a cavern and get a ring. Here all the mummies are purple. I can provide a screenshot if necessary. Does anyone have a solution to this?

2) Morrowind Cutscenes.

Again, mild spoiler. When i go to this cavern, mentioned above, and get this ring, a cutscene should be played. However it doesn't. When i look into my Oblivion/data/video file, i can see that the complete install has installed the cutscene "mw_cavern" here, it just won't play in-game. I've tried renaming this to "mwcavern" and "mw cavern" ect. but it still won't play. The intro cutscene plays in-game, it just that (thus far anyway) this is the only morrowind cutscene that won't play.

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated. Once again, thank you for the mod!

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Don't think i have problems

Don't think i have problems with the purple mummies, i assume you have shivering isles installed aswell? As for the cutscene i will have a look at that for you when i get my proper computer back (getting fixed on me crappy other computer atm).

Barnzy
Barnzy's picture
Small in-game bugs related to the the complete install

Thank you for taking the time to look into this Gidz! And yes, i have the steam "Game of the Year" versions of both Morrowind and Oblivion.

I just had a quick look on youtube to see if anyone has uploaded a youtube video of these two issues, this was the first one i found and it perfectly demonstrates the two issues i've been having (no cutscene and purple mummies):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph2rizkb_So

I also just checked the bug report page to see if any of these have been reported. The post on this page, posted a month ago, seems to suggest that the mummies texture paths are incorrect:
http://morroblivion.com/fixed-mummies

Though i'm no modder, so i am unsure if this infomation makes any sense at all!

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Don't worry it makes perfect

Don't worry it makes perfect sense, and thanks for finding the bugs. Should get my proper computer next week and then it should be an easy fix, it's just a matter of using a script to fire the cutscene in the right place and then assigning the correct texture paths for the models. :)

Barnzy
Barnzy's picture
Fanstanstic news! Thanks for

Fanstanstic news! Thanks for responding to my post. I'm glad to have helped. I look forward to playing Morroblivion with cutscenes and without purple mummies!

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Hmmm, that cutscene SHOULD be

Hmmm, that cutscene SHOULD be in there.  Guess Dave never merged the patch I sent him, or it got overwritten.

As far as the purple mummies, if anyone has a fix for that that'd be great.

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Qwerty has sorted out the

Qwerty has sorted out the issues with the purple mummies. I won't have my proper comp back for a week-2 weeks so i can fix the cutscene problem myself when i can, but if you have already done a fix for that Thermador could you possibly release it? :)

Barnzy
Barnzy's picture
Serious issue with the Complete Install

Hi Thermador, I've just found an issue with your complete install file.

Yesterday i posted over on the Bugtracker that i was having issues with the lava in Morroblivion ( http://morroblivion.com/old-morroblivion-lava-still-in-game-... ). It seemed as though the old lava was appearing in V55 of your Complete Install, despite Qwerty's lava mod being merged with V54.

It turns out that the "meshes" folder which contained the files for Qwerty's lava mod was incorrectly placed WITHIN the current "meshes" folder (so when installed, the path is "Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Meshes"), instead of the two meshes folders being merged together!

However, once i cut the smaller meshes folder, containing the correct lava files, and merged it with the bigger meshes folder in the data folder, i was able to see that Qwerty's lava was working as intended now!

EDIT: I've just checked the new "Morroblivion Additional Support Files 2" download, released for V54, and it seems as though this issue originated here. Much like the Complete Install, this download also has the second meshes folder, containing Qwerty's lava, incorrectly placed within the first meshes folder.

LordDeTracy
LordDeTracy's picture
Can you guys release a

Can you guys release a torrent download for this? The google doc's "full download" no longer works and mediafire seems to be down today for all the customized(manual) links.....

braxton
braxton's picture
Consistent Crash on Startup

I DL'd Ely's Silent Voice as I didn't have it yet, and already had all other required items. Then DL'd the mod, unpacked everything, and then moved it over to the /Data directory for Oblivion (or in Ely's case, the OBSE plugins folder). I opened up OBMM and set my load order. (made sure the .esm was second in line, then moved the Morroblivion esp's to the very end, just in front of Qarl's DoF). I get a consistent crash on startup. I've tried toying with load order for some time to no avail. 

Oblivion worked before I installed the mod, but now it won't work AT ALL. even if I disable the morroblivion esm/esp's :(

I use Natural weather/environments, realistic water, QTP3, Qarl's 4096 Normals, BT's colormaps 2048, Unique Landscapes, Animated Window Lighting, Qarl's DoF as stated before, MEAT, the UOP, Streamline, and Operation Optimzation.

I've tried shutting things off, moving them around. etc. nothing helps. Am I missing something here?

Any help you can give would be GREATLY appreciated Thermador 

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Have you got Shivering Isles

Have you got Shivering Isles installed.?

Try putting the UOP directly after morrowind_ob.esm and if that does not work,try running the archive invaluation tool in OBMM.Or the standalone archive invaluation tool from the nexus.

btw,you have not mentioned the OBSE,if you have not installed it,you need to,and then run oblivion using the obse_loader.

braxton
braxton's picture
Yes I have SI

I have/have tried all of those except trying the nexus's archive invalidation.

So I'll try using it after school and get back to with results regarding that.
hopefully it works . although I can't see how it can. seeing as there'ss no bsa to invalidate for those files.

esperantoeff
esperantoeff's picture
Thanks

I just wanted to say thank you for putting together this package. I first heard about Morroblivion a long time ago and thought it was about the greatest idea I'd ever heard, but between the state of the mod and the state of my modding skills it just wasn't working for me. I came back recently a lot more prepared, and I'm amazed at how stable (and generally playable) this has become. In particular, the full download package the site pointed me to saved me soooo much time tracking down individual utility mods, and was, in my opinion, a lot simpler to install than some mods with half this level of complexity. It makes me so happy to know that so many talented people are still working on this project, and I only hope as I tinker with/play through it, I can find some way of contributing. Seriously, thank you guys.

braxton
braxton's picture
Ok,

as I said before, I have everything required. and have tried invalidation with OBMM.

I just got done trying it with the nexus's tool. still no luck.

I'm a fairly tech savvy person, and I can't figure out what could be causing this, so it's really pissing me off >_>

Doom Harbinger
Doom Harbinger's picture
Two things

Two things. First a big thanks, it's amazing that this is even possible, playing Morrowind in another games engine.

Secondly I had it all running but hadn't installed the UI update, after playing for a bit I was getting annoyed and decided to install it. Having done that it now just crashes to desktop after I try and run it. Tried removing it again and still no luck. If theres no fix I can just start again, but it's a little annoying :)

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Doom,I think you might be

Doom,

I think you might be getting a conflict somewhere between the UI screen and one of the other addons mentioned below,but not sure how.

• OPTIONAL: DARNified UI for Oblivion and then Morroblivion Themed Loading Screens by qwertyasdfgh and Protocolled Dialogs by Eazzy - These make reading the large amounts of dialogue in Morroblivion much easier.  Fancy stuff!
  • Doom Harbinger
    Doom Harbinger's picture
    Grrr

I've now tried removing everything and starting from scratch three times and can't get even vanilla oblivion to work now. Really wish computers weren't so temperamental sometimes lol. Close to giving up and waiting for Skywind.

James924
    James924's picture
    OBGE Probs

Sadly OBGE made my opening main menu invisible.  Did anyone find a work around for this?

James924
    James924's picture
    OBGE Probs

Sadly OBGE made my opening main menu invisible.  Did anyone find a work around for this?

Anonymous (not verified)
    Anonymous's picture
    Quick question about

Quick question about Morrowbilivion, I installed it, works wonderfully, looks great, but I seem to have lost the gondola mesh.... I am getting the WTF I'm a missing Mesh thing, which while funny and somewhat amusing to see, does break the game flow a bit. Could anyone tell me what that file is called? I am not sure, and I can't find it to put it where it belongs.

Great work on the mod, and the instructions were wonderful! Epic wins all around :D

llde
    llde's picture
    @James924 OBGE turn invisible

@James924 OBGE turn invisible the menu if you use The "depth buffer read function" with antialiasing from Oblivion(work right with obge's antialias shaders like smaa)

thermador
    thermador's picture
    Administrator
    Donor
    Updated for v056!

Updated for v056!

----

Changes to my release pack from v055->v056 include:

----

If you have V050, V051, V052, V053, V054, or v055 already installed you can upgrade to V056 by downloading the following files and then copying them over the files that you downloaded with the previous version, replacing (overwriting) everything.

1) Get the updated ESM master file:

2) Get the updated meshes and textures:

3) Updating the following files (optional but recommended):

Oblisgr
    Oblisgr's picture
    I can make 0.56 work on my

I cant make 0.56 work on my computer.0.55 worked fine but this version crashes after bethesda logo.'

I re-downloaded the files, I replaced them, I made clear install, I re-install everything, but nothing

Always crashing...

thermador
    thermador's picture
    Administrator
    Donor
    Check yer load order.
    Check yer load order.
    Ice
    Ice's picture
    Last time I played

Last time I played Morroblivion I made a clean install while helping a friend install it. I used Optimizer Textures, which I apparantly set to the wrong settings and therefore deleted all of the alpha from Morroblivion textures. So when I woke up feeling like seeing what's new in Morroblivion since the last version I played (want to say around v50) it was really nice to come here and just grab this one big file.

As always, thank you Thermador. You're work is appreciated as it seriously cuts down on install time. Thank you!

Ice

ps. I haven't heard anyone mention if we've run a texture compressor on our textures. Once I have the v56 file downloaded and installed, I plan on backing it up and messing around with texture compressors to see if we can reduce file size, unles this has already been done. :)

thermador
    thermador's picture
    Administrator
    Donor
    I have tried DDSopt but it

I have tried DDSopt but it doesn't reduce the overall package size that much (hundred MB maybe, I forget) and it seems to remove meshes/textures that are used in the game (resulting in NPC's with invisible torsos, for example). 

Until then, people will have to set their texture size to "Large".

balnazzard
    balnazzard's picture
    Spyware of somekind on Morrowind ob Version 056 installer

So ye, when I tried to use that Installer, my anti-virus software spots some sort of spyware on that file and deletes it...

Mehh
    Mehh's picture
    That's called a false

That's called a false positive, it thinks it's a virus or a rootkit because it's searching your hard drive for Morrowind. You just need to disable your anti-virus when installing and re-enable it when you're done installing.

Branovices
    Branovices's picture
    Odd problem

So, I installed everything in the right order, put everything in the right load order and everything worked fine. (Having everything together like this is great, btw, so thanks for that.) I played for a few hours and had a merry time. Saved and exited, reloaded, everything was fine. The next day the game crashes as soon as I try to load any saves.

Any suggestions?

PS, realized it might be pertinent to mention I play on Steam, used Wrye Bash for installation and OBMM for load order.

thermador
    thermador's picture
    Administrator
    Donor
    Branovices this is a problem

Branovices this is a problem we are trying to figure out.  Only some people have it.

Please post what Morroblivion mods you are using (all of the Morrowind_ob --- ---- .ESP files you are using in your load order).

If you can post your entire oblivion load order too, that would be great.

calvindo
    calvindo's picture
    Back

Hello, it's been a while scence I've last downloaded Morroblivion, (About Version 38?) But I've kept tabs on this for a while now because this really helps me cope with playing the newer Elder Scrolls and I'm really looking forward to Skywind and Skylivion :) Thank you so much for your efforts and it is greatly apreshiated. I remember seeing this the first time and there use to be so many bugs and now it seems like its almost perfection. 

I do have some questions that I've been trying to find answers to in forums, about what has been changed, but not many of my questions where answered. Where is the appropriate place to ask?

thermador
    thermador's picture
    Administrator
    Donor
    Check out the Project release
    Check out the Project release thread (there is a link on http://Morroblivion.com/download - ) Dave B posted a changelog each time he did a version update, so its a lot of posts to sift through, but the information is there.
    dustofgilead
    dustofgilead's picture
    Download Problems

I've tried downloading the complete installion 4 times now, via chrome and internet explorer, and the first link (that goes to google) fails to even start downloading and the second link starts downloading but always completes halfway through and leaves me with a 1.3 GB file.

Any suggestions?

calvindo
    calvindo's picture
    Mhmm?

Well I checked out the Project release but I'm really looking for what's actually not done than what has been done or changed. In other words I would like to contribute. 

When playing Morroblivion things seem accurate but I want to help out with the things that really are incomplete. Such as the Cyrodiil style Mudcrabs and Ancient Ghosts in Morrowind. That's why I was looking for a post on those topics to see what solutions people tried because I looked over some and I remember being mentioned something about the spawnpoints and the Mudcrab/Ancient Ghost Cyrodiil version replacing those. 

thermador
    thermador's picture
    Administrator
    Donor
    The things that need the most

The things that need the most work right now are Tribunal and Bloodmoon.  Getting those fully debugged and fixed is definitely needed.

roxon_55
    roxon_55's picture
    Link under Upgrading Doesn't

Link under Upgrading Doesn't work Page Not Found

http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/morroblivio...

Pages

Topic locked