Pages

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
Idesiremodifications
Idesiremodifications's picture
Thanks

Thanks for quick the reply Thermador, removes a little worry of mine. As for unpacking the 7zip I prefer winrar over 7zip. Plus the download came in parts, had to extract the first one, took all the files and put them together in RAR. Just a preference really.

GunnerofLife
GunnerofLife's picture
ARGG I NEED HELP!!!!!

HEEELLLPPPP! WHENEVER I START OBLIVION, THE GAME CRASHES?? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?! HERE'S WHAT I DID.

1.Uninstalled and reinstalled Oblivion.

2. Downloaded and installed the Unofficial Patch, Oblivion Script Extender, and Ely's Silent Voice and placed them in the right places.

3. I installed Shivering Isles, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon. But for some reason, I can't update Shivering Isles with the patch because an error message said "Old file not found..." But besides that, everything else installed right.

4. I installed that Master file and installed it. I'm sure I put in the right Oblivion and Morrowind directories. It said success.

5. I downloaded the one big installation file and I extracted it to a folder on my desktop.

6. Then I extracted all the files from that folder to my /Oblivion/Data/ directory.

7. I don't really know what you mean by Install order...so I didn't do anything

8. Here's my load order:

Oblivion.esm

Morrowind_ob.esm

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Knights.esp

Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp

Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion_Chargen_And_Transport_Mod_v8.esp

Morrowind_ob - Almalexia.esp

Morrowind_ob - MorrowOblivion Eloth Landscape & Grass for v033.esp

Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp

Morrowind_ob - ClothingReplacer.esp

Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp

Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionWater.esp

9. I started with the obse_loader, and I also tried starting it as "Run as Admin".

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Xesthan
Xesthan's picture
Textures missing

Whenever I'm spawned in the ship and the building your spawned in when using the quickly open, most of the textures in the room is missing. I'm not sure if the load order is correct, I tried changing the load order a bit, but it did not work.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
Picking up Morroblivion with

Picking up Morroblivion with a fresh install, and I can't thank you enough for this! But I'll try.

Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU! (Nope, still not enough.)

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
GunnerofLife and Xesthan you

GunnerofLife and Xesthan you have the mod installed incorrectly.  Remember, this is required:

Knowing how to install mods and manage load order - If you don't know what OBMM is, or what a 'load order' is, then you need to read the Oblivion Mods FAQ (and probably the Morroblivion FAQ) before you get started.

If you don't know how to install mods correctly, I can't really help you.

Xesthan
Xesthan's picture
I have them in Oblivion Mod

I have them in Oblivion Mod manager. I know how to install mods and what load order is. I do have a lot of other mods. I look at the load order on the threads  to see if it's correct. I think it's right, but I don't know what I did wrong.

Edit: I forgot to mention  that I kept falling since there was no floor. There were some crates. During when I was installing the mod my brother extracted the files in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data. Was it suppose to be in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion? 

2ND edit: Forgot to say that my game keeps crashing whenever I enter Cyrodil through a previous load game  had before I installed Morroblivion

Mr.weegeeman
Mr.weegeeman's picture
Moorowind derictory HELP

Ok, so once i get to the morroblvion Installer, i cant press next becouse it sais this "You haven't got Morrowind GOTY in this directory". I have all the extensions, how do i fix? (i can handle oblvion) 

Xesthan
Xesthan's picture
It'll work if you type

It'll work if you type C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion for Oblivion and C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind  for Morrowind. It worked for me.

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
@Mr.weegeeman: You need to

@Mr.weegeeman: You need to change the path to the directory where morrowind is installed (specifically the folder that contains Morrowind.exe)

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
When installing the

When installing the morrowind_ob.esm main file you simply browse to your root folder of Morrowind and then browse to the Oblivion root folder,there is a browse button on the selection lines in the installer.

So imo it does not matter where you have them installed.

To check that it has installed correctly,just look in your Oblivion/Data folder,morrowind_ob.esm should be there,if it ain`t then you did something wrong.

When installing the rest of the morroblivion files,they have to be installed in the correct order as outlined in the install instructions that comes with the main file install.

Xesthan
Xesthan's picture
I don't need help anymore, 4

I don't need help anymore, 4 hours I ago I finally got it to work and I've been playing since then.

rubiksman333
rubiksman333's picture
Nexus Mod Manager?

Any chance of you guys re-uploading these mods on The Elder Scrolls Nexus (tesnexus.com) so that People can easily download and install all from one place? .rar files from Mediafire are a pain. I'd rather just do a download from tesnexus.com

Just a request/suggestion.

Mooncat
Mooncat's picture
rubiksman

These here are the badlands, friend. Morroblivion is not allowed in them places where the lawman reigns supreme. Places like the Nexus and them official forums and such.

Nightmare Games
Nightmare Games's picture
Missing Installer

Mediafire says the Master File Installer is missing.

Axeldeath
Axeldeath's picture
Invisible Kwama

Just made an account to say thank you so much for this mod.

Only problem I've had was when I went into the Egg Mine, as someone previously mentioned I'm getting an invisible Kwama (forager I think it was?), this is literally the only problem, all other meshes are there, no yellow exclamation marks etc.

I can't wait to play this more, I played Morrowind after Oblivion and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't fully enjoy it because of it's combat system. I loved the environment, the story and the quests, but I never sunk as much time into it as Oblivion due to it's clunky dice roll mechanic.

Thank you so much for this <3

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Updated to version 049

Updated to version 049 - updates include new Additional Support Files 2, new Grass Mod v3, and reverted bucket mesh/texture (old one was ugly and way too shiny).

If you still have version 048, you can download these individually from the Project Release Thread and the Morroblivion Grass mod Thread.

I still haven't run into any invisible Kwama Foragers.  Where was this occuring exactly?

Xris
Xris's picture
Related to V 48 update kwamas

Related to V 48 update kwamas

Edit: I hate to hate on the graphics update, but the new textures make my computer cry and I have never been able to successfully navigate a maneul vanilla installation.  If there is an easy way you could throw out a single-download installation that makes sense to you but has the original textures that would be cool, even if you only did it once.

Zenball
Zenball's picture
Thank you!

Hello! Just registered to say thank you, this is wonderful, and to note something. The Morrowind Conversation.esp folder under Sound/Voice needs to be renamed Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp to match the renamed esp, otherwise the voices won't work.

Another little issue is that when attempting to rebuild a bashed patch using the python method in Wrye Bash 295.2, it throws the following error:

Error in Morrowind_ob.esm

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "F:\Games\Bethesda\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\basher.py", line 12904, in Execute

bosh.modInfos.rescanMergeable(bosh.modInfos.data,progress,False)

File "F:\Games\Bethesda\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 8818, in rescanMergeable

canMerge = PatchFile.modIsMergeable(fileInfo)

File "F:\Games\Bethesda\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 17991, in modIsMergeable

reasons += '\n.    ' + Unicode(str(error))+'.'

File "F:\Games\Bethesda\Oblivion\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 174, in __str__

return self.inName.s+': '+self.message

AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 's'

I realise this is probably beyond the scope of this thread to discuss but thought I'd point it out anyway. I can rebuild fine using the CBash method so it's no biggie.

Lastly, is there an up to date and reasonably low impact visible when distant mod? There is one on tesnexus but it's a bit old.

Thanks again,

Zenball

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Thanks Zenball, that is a

Thanks Zenball, that is a great catch - I am going to release an updated version tonight with that fix.

Regarding your other questions, I actually do not have the requisite skills to answer them.  I am actually not much of an expert at modding / bash etc.

Xris - I am not going to release a low-res version sorry.  Time for a computer upgrade!  Also, I find it hard to believe that you are unable to build your own installation, as you have contributed some fairly advanced fixes to the Morroblivion project in the past (transport fix scripting).  That is way more complicated than installing base Morroblivion.  Just follow the instructions and you're good.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Version 050

Version 050 of my 2.5 GB pack has been updated. 

If you had version 048, you can update by:

1. copying the most recent Additional Support Files 2 and overwriting anything in the pack.
  2. downloading this mesh for torches and copying it over the old one in "\Data\Meshes\Morro\f" (I think)
  3. changing the name of the folder "\Data\Sounds\Voice\Morrowind Conversation.esp\"
    to "\Data\Sounds\Voice\Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp\"
    so that the name of the folder matches the name of the .esp file and the original MW voiced greetings work again

If you had version 049, you can upgrade by just doing steps 2 and 3 of the above.

And of course, make sure to download the most recent Morrowind_ob.esm Master File Installer to get v050 of Morrowind_ob.esm.

Mr. Dreadful
Mr. Dreadful's picture
Just trying to run the master

Problem sorted. Decided to stop being lazy and find out for myself!

bigdug
bigdug's picture
I fell in the water

Nevermind, I figured it out.  Looking really good!

Mastija
Mastija's picture
i have installed Oblivion

works great for now :D thnx very much !!!

Ice
Ice's picture
A friend who had Oblivion

A friend who had Oblivion (and morrowind) for xbox got it for pc. I'm telling him about the best mods, and so of course I pointed him here.

So this is my first time really looking at this thread.

Great work Thermador! This is really nice, and It basically destroys the biggest obstacle of people trying Morroblivion: installation difficulty.

Really clever and well done!

alambeard
alambeard's picture
Complete installation download from Google Docs

Hi!

I'm having trouble with the complete installation download from Google Docs.

I'm clicking "Download" in upper right, then "download anyway" in the center but nothing happens.

I've tried it with registered Google Docs account and without it. Tried with Opera and IE 8, tried with different proxy servers and without them... still nothing

BTW I can open and download other files and documents from  Google Docs and other sites.

So the main question is: can I download Morroblivion 0.50 complete installation archive from any other hosting?

Hope I can download it and play your really nice mod :)

Sorry for my poor English.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Time zone.

alambeard: Judging from google search results this is a common problem with Google Docs...

You can try:

• setting your time zone and time of day on your computer's clock to the time zone and time of day where your computer is right now (thread here)
  • signing out of your google account, or signing in to a google account
  • clearing your browser's cookies / history / cache / temporary interenet files, then closing and reopening the browser
  • downloading with another browser, another computer, or having a friend download it for you.

I will see if I can put it on a mirror when I get some time, but it probably won't be for a few days.

alambeard
alambeard's picture
thermador wrote:alambeard:

thermador wrote:

alambeard: Judging from google search results this is a common problem with Google Docs...

You can try:

• setting your time zone and time of day on your computer's clock to the time zone and time of day where your computer is right now (thread here)
  • signing out of your google account, or signing in to a google account
  • clearing your browser's cookies / history / cache / temporary interenet files, then closing and reopening the browser
  • downloading with another browser, another computer, or having a friend download it for you.

I will see if I can put it on a mirror when I get some time, but it probably won't be for a few days.

Thank you for trying to help but none of these methods work for me :(

I guess I have to wait for it to be putten on a mirror...

Sorry for my English again.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Updated

Complete installation for v051 has been updated.  Not much changed, just the addition of the new Additional Support Files Part 2 for v051.

Mirror links will be updated in about 12 hours when I get home.

anithinks
anithinks's picture
Wonderful. Thanks a ton for

Wonderful. Thanks a ton for the update, Thermador :)

calvindo
calvindo's picture
Nice but one thing about the links

I love this project , I can play morrowind again <3. But one thing, I tried updating to v051. and when I load page there is no "download anyways" link. Perhapse its just me or the site, but any case would it be possible to download from another site instead. If thats to much trubble don't bother with it, and good work btw.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
calvindo,Are you sure that

calvindo,

Are you sure that ypu are doing it right.?

The filename is along the top of the page,then there should be drop down menu`s,the file menu has "Download" at the bottom.

Just click on that chioce and the page that states that it has npt been virus checked should appear.

And a "Download anyway" link is on that page.

calvindo
calvindo's picture
No :(

No, iv'e downloaded it before in V48 and it had the same page. Now it doesn't show any place that says "Download".

Martistan
Martistan's picture
Can't install

I try and i try and i tried to install this but everytime i do my game crashes i wonder if this is so easy to install you guys make it look like it's really hard to install, also i downloaded followed everything it said and what do i get a nice crash for my game. I need help to install this i'm tired of trying to do this over and over again on different computers.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
What?

Martistan, please use complete sentences, punctuation, and proper grammar.  I can't understand what you have written very well.  If you want help, you need to describe your problem clearly and precisely.

What type of crash are you experiencing?  Crash during the game, crash before you get to the main menu, or what?

How are you managing your load order?  Is Morrowind_ob.esm loading right after Oblivion.esm?

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
calvindo,The "Download" is an

calvindo,

The "Download" is an option at the bottom of the "Files" pull down menu.

The first page looks almost blank,but it should have a row of pulldown menus,like a browser.?

Martistan
Martistan's picture
Blooodmoon crashes

I got the game to work but everytime i go to solstheim it crashes what do i need to do to solve this.

Ice
Ice's picture
Martistan: We need more

Martistan: We need more information. Does it crash on fast travel and walking, do you have other problems with it, what mods are you running, what version of Morroblivion are you running, are you using OBSE... the more details you can give us the better we'll be able to help you.

If we could help you just by knowing it crashes at Solsthiem we would, but we really do need to know more before we can figure out what's going wrong...

calvindo
calvindo's picture
OH!

Omg, I got it :D thank you so much<3!!!!

AleksRonin
AleksRonin's picture
Man! Huge to you thanks, I

Man! Huge to you thanks, I probably tried all to make week - didn't work anything! And your set has earned almost at once, the main thing has appeared be not to used no cd! Once again thanks!
All small glitches it is nonsense, the main thing that I at last can play that!!!!

You should put during lifetime a monument!!!!

calvindo
calvindo's picture
Um is something wrong?

K, I got everything to work for this, but as far as I know I'm only having bugs with solthime (Havn't tried tribunal yet). The dungeons are purple and Raven Rock docks and houses are invisable...  There will be another update to complete the GOTY add ons right? >.<!?!

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Read the FAQ, there are a lot
Read the FAQ, there are a lot of problems with tribunal and bloodmoon. They aren't done. Go play the main game :-)
calvindo
calvindo's picture
Sry >.<

Sorry just making sure because it sounds like theres going to be another project (Morroblivirim) so i figured maybe you arn't updating this anymore. And yes ill play main questline for now thank you for making this <

@Ice VVV

:( Thats what worries me..

Ice
Ice's picture
At this point I think there

At this point I think there is a lot more of talk about the new project than actual knowledge/doing. Either way, I'm really hoping we still complete the game of the year Morroblivion first. :D

flinchn
flinchn's picture
I created an account just to

I created an account just to say thanks.  I followed this guide and everything seems to be working.  I have long had both the XBOX and PC GOTY for Morrowind and despite being about the biggest fan of Oblivion and Skyrim, I could never get into Morrowind due to the graphics and the quest marker/following (if anyone has any other compatible mods that further enhance these points let me know).  I haven't played much yet, just enough to make sure I could switch worlds, talk to people etc. but I successfully loaded in most of the mods you have referenced as well.  The only issue that's bugging me slightly is black, hard to read text on loading screens, but I'm guessing I need to dig into the loading screen mod to fix that.   I have known about this project for awhile, but I was waiting until a new PC purchase to try it.  Thanks again for putting this together, and all the work necessary.  Dan

anubis369
anubis369's picture
Ummm Questions?

Ok so i JUST found out about all this nice stuff...... Date Mar. 20th 2012.....lol... and i have read on other pages this was banned or stopped or w/e.. is this true? (before i download 2.5 gbs of nothingIcanUse..) and i am also having BIG issues d/l'ng that unoffical patch. tried to d/l about 100 times and it keeps telling me publisher cant be verified.... SOOO... any help?

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
For the new project, I think
For the new project, I think it's best to convert over Oblivion first. The expansion and sanguine items quests aren't done yet on Morroblivion. I hope that they would all eventually be put in this mod.
steph
steph's picture
anubis369 wrote:"Ok so i JUST

anubis369 wrote:

"Ok so i JUST found out about all this nice stuff...... Date Mar. 20th 2012.....lol... and i have read on other pages this was banned or stopped or w/e.. is this true? (before i download 2.5 gbs of nothingIcanUse..) and i am also having BIG issues d/l'ng that unoffical patch. tried to d/l about 100 times and it keeps telling me publisher cant be verified.... SOOO... any help?"

First, just do not talk, chat, post, or even mention morroblivion in any of the official forums or big gamer sites. "Don't ask - Don't tell" is alive and well and as as long as you keep quiet Beth ignores us.

I don't really know what 'nothingIcanUse" means, but if you want to have morroblivion you'll need to download it from this site. If you want to use pieces of morroblivion to make your own mod be sure you have the proper permissions first. Otherwise don't do it unless it's just for your personal use only.

Windows has been complaining about "publisher cant be verified" for quite a long time. Years, I think. It happens when some software you're trying to install is not registered with the computer gods (microsoft). Microsoft wants to conrtol everything you do and how you do it. It's not working, Bill.

The solution is that if you trust the  people who created the software you can install it anyway.  You don't need to download it a hundred times, thats a waste of good bandwidth .. just install it anyway. Since you are (I think) wanting to install the "UnOfficial Oblivion Patch" and since this 'patch' has been downloaded hundreds of times by a lot of people in various countries  -   and you are downloading it from a trusted source (TESNEXUS) .. you are getting it from the nexus, right?  Just install it anyway.  

If you've tried the 'hacker' approach and downloaded any of these files from untrusted sites or torrent sites, use your own judgement.  Virus' and worms usually get into files from these untrusted locations, so if you install from one of these sites and have problems later, well .. I told you so ..

anubis369
anubis369's picture
To Steph and whoever may know,

Thank you for the quick reply and the great news answers! Also I forgot to metion that i did try to run them anyways and i keep getting a error saying "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." is the msg i get when trying to run the unoffical patch :-( any adivse?

anubis369
anubis369's picture
To Steph and whoever may know,

Thank you for the quick reply and the great news answers! Also I forgot to metion that i did try to run them anyways and i keep getting a error saying "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." is the msg i get when trying to run the unoffical patch :-( any adivse?

edit: getting the patch from planet elder scrolls, i think its the same one. but this one seems to work. so far.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
anubis369,When you have

anubis369,

When you have installed the latest unofficial patch make sure that the load order is oblivion.esm/Morrowind_ob.esm then the patch.

Pages

Topic locked