Last post
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
[RELZ] Morroblivion Complete Installation v058

IMPORTANT:

THIS THREAD IS OUT OF DATE

CLICK HERE to download the latest version of Morroblivion.

This complete installation (below) is out of date, and the download links have been removed.  Starting with v060, Morroblivion is packed as a complete installation now, rendering this thread unnecessary.  Thanks qwertyasdfgh!

O U T D A T E D - Left for posterity, but out of date - go here instead

Given the difficulty and large number of files in a typical Morroblivion installation, I have put together a complete installation that is basically how I have my game set up.

This may not be for everybody, but it should help people out who just want to install the game and get to playing it already.  If you don't like it, you can set up your own version of Morroblivion, starting with the Project Release Thread, or modify my installation.

Most of the screenshots in the gallery are from v053 of this package.

REQUIRED:

• A modern graphics card, at least 1GB, preferably something less than a five years old and and higher specification, like:
    - Nvidia GeForce 470/480, 570/580, 670/680 etc.
    - ATI Radeon 5870/5970,  6870/6970, 7870/7970 etc.
    You can run Morroblivion on an older card or cheaper graphics card, but you may have to turn down your graphics settings.
  • About 10GB of free hard drive space to download and then extract the files.
  • Oblivion installed, including the Shivering Isles expansion.
  • Morrowind installed, including the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions.
  • Knowing how to install mods and manage load order - If you don't know what a 'load order' is, or what Wrye Bash is, then you need to read the Oblivion Mods FAQ (and probably the Morroblivion FAQ) before you get started.

U P G R A D I N G

If you already have v050, v051, v052, v053, v054 or v055, see post #288 near the end of this thread for upgrade instructions (each post is numbered at the top).

If you have v056, v057, or 058, just get the new .ESM master file and overwrite the old one, and also get the new resource file and overwrite the old files.

If you have earlier versions than v050, uninstall everything and start from scratch using the instructions below (or don't uninstall and just overwrite, but I can't guarantee that will work).

I N S T A L L A T I O N

1) Install the following pre-requisites (if you don't have them already)

2) Download the master file (details here - thanks David & qwertyasdfgh!)

• Download the Morrowind_ob.esm Master File Installer -- v059 -- 48 MB

3) Install the master file

• Just run the .exe, then enter your Morrowind and Oblivion directories, and then the installer will extract the master file (Morrowind_ob.esm) to your \Oblivion\Data\ folder.

4) Download the complete installation 

• Download the v058 complete installation file -- v058 -- 2.5 GB (7z file)
    or if that's not working, try an alternate download link (but it will be slower).
  • Download the v059 resource update -- v059 -- 0.2 MB (7z file)
    and install it after you install the big file
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Instructions: Click the link, click the "Download" button, then "Download anyway".
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • OPTIONAL: 7 zip to open this archive and extract the files (if you don't already have it, you should use this for all your .zip/.7z/.rar needs).  OR, instead of extracting the files, just drop the .zip/.7z/.rar files in your /Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers/ folder and install with Wrye Bash!
  • OPTIONAL:  Clothing Galore for Robert's v5 and HGEC or Clothing for Female HGEC body by Oldwolf58 - ONLY IF you are using these body replacers.  Clothing Galore is newer and better - I recommend that one.  Make sure to disable the vanilla clothing replacer that comes with the complete installation by unchecking it in your load order.
  • OPTIONAL: Almalexia Race for HGEC Body by HelpfulPerson - ONLY IF you are using the Female HGEC Body replacer and you want Almalexia to have the right body.  You don't need the .esp file, just the meshes and textures.
  • OPTIONAL: DARNified UI for Oblivion and then Morroblivion Themed Loading Screens by qwertyasdfgh and Protocolled Dialogs by Eazzy - These make reading the large amounts of dialogue in Morroblivion much easier.  Fancy stuff!  ALSO you should check out this quick tip for customizing your DARNified UI - SUPER COOL!!!
  • OPTIONAL: OBGE v3 (latest RC versions, not Nexus versions) - if you have the graphics power to run Morroblivion, then you should be running Oblivion Graphics Extender anyway.  The shaders (especially Godrays v6, Liquid Water, the Anti-Aliasing (AA) plugins, and the Ambient Occlusion (AO) plugins) really improve things, getting the game back to a darker, more "Morrowind" feel (especially if you spend some time tweaking OBGE settings).  If you are using Wrye Bash, you can get the BAIN-ready archives that install in a jiffy with Wrye Bash's installers tab.
  • OPTIONAL: Any of these additional Morroblivion mods that have been developed here at Morroblivion.com (or check the Mods Forum for works-in-progress)

5) Install the complete installation - EITHER

• Use Wrye Bash's installers tab to install the files so that you can easily remove them later. You can load the archive (.7z file) directly in Wrye Bash without extracting if you want - just put the .7z file in the "Bash Installers" folder, go to the Installers Tab, right-click Morroblivion and choose "Install".
    (recommended, get Wrye Bash here, you should be using it to install and manage all of your mods!)
    OR
  • Manual install: Extract the files from the .7z archive to your \Oblivion\Data\ directory
    (recommended if you regularly back up your \Oblivion\Data\ directory)
    OR 
  • Use OBMM or NMM to make an OMOD from the extracted files. It will take several hours to pack the OMOD, and OBMM may crash (NMM is recommended if you want to use one of these programs). 
    (NOT recommended, unless you've got time to kill)

6) Observe this INSTALL order

1. Install the three pre-requisite mods listed at the top.
  2. Install the 2.5GB complete installation, and also the Master File (Morrowind_ob.esm) through the .exe installer
  3. OPTIONAL: After that, install other updated Morroblivion files, including version upgrades, bugfixes, or patches (if any exist)
  4. OPTIONAL: After that, install any other Morroblivion mods or components that you want to use, including the HGEC stuff linked above, the Morroblivion UI mods for DARNified UI, or any of the additional mods listed here.

7) Observe this LOAD order

1. Oblivion.esm
  2. Morrowind_ob.esm - must load immediately after Oblivion.esm
  3. ... any other ESM/ESP mods whatever ...
  4. The "Morrowind_ob" ESP files that come with this complete installation - make sure to activate them ALL in your mod list. (If there is a component there that you don't want in your game, then don't activate it.)
    Load order of the ESPs shouldn't matter but if you are having problems, put the Morrowind_ob ESP files at the END of your load order -- ESPECIALLY the Chargen and Transport mod, which can conflict with other mods that change character generation or create quick starts.
  5. Any other Morroblivion mods or components, including the HGEC stuff linked above and any Morroblivion updates, patches, or bugfixes. These should all load AFTER other Morroblivion ESP files.
  6. ... any other ESP mods whatever ...

8) Play the game!

• Start a new game, and you will be given an option for where to start (be patient, it can take a moment for the dialogue box to pop up)
    OR
  • With an existing character, travel to the imperial city prison courtyard, find Kisimba sweeping during the daytime, and get her to take you to Vvardenfell (details and screenshots here)

C R E D I T S

This pack includes the following mods!!!  THANK YOU to everyone who built these.  This pack DOESN'T include mods that change how vanilla Morrowind was (i.e. new voice overs, additional player homes, etc.).  My goal is staying as true to the original Morrowind as possible but taking advantage of the graphics capabilities of Oblivion).  If you think I missed something, let me know.

Morroblivion Project Release by David B and qwertyasdfgh (and countless others!)
This is the main Morroblivion project release thread - this is where it all started and continues to be done!  Everything on this page is integrated (core files, support files, Vvardenfell Imports, etc.).

Hi-Res Textures and Normal Maps by Hashmi
A compilation of several popular Texture replacers for TES3:Morrowind, for example Connary and Qarl's work ... which have been made useable for Morroblivion (all textures also have Normal maps added).

Visual Overhaul by Eloth
Adds Hi-Resolution textures, Normal Maps, Specular Maps and Parallax maps to Landscape and Statics (Buildings). Separate parts are available for Ingredients, Plants, Clutter and Soulgems etc.

Tree Replacer by Eloth
Replaces the blocky and flat trees of Morrowind with equivalents from Oblivion and the Shivering Isles.

Clothing Replacer by Eloth
Replaces dis-proportional, seamy, blocky and blurry Morrowind clothes with Oblivion clothes (robes get replaced by remade versions of the originals).

Weapons by HelpfulPerson
Adds High-Resolution textures and normal maps to weapons (new textures by Helpfulperson).

Weapons by Darknut
Adds High-Resolution textures and normal maps to weapons (uses Darknut's sharpened Textures).

Misc. Textures by HelpfulPerson
Adds High-Resolution textures and normal maps to a variety to different objects (some clutter, some weapons, some ingredients)

Bloodmoon Texture Replacer by Helpfulperson
Adds High Resolution textures to Statics (like Buildings and Caves) in Bloodmoon.

Collision Redone for Eloth's Visual Overhaul by Hashmi
Collision meshes redone to solve some lag and stability issues ... with Parallax Mapping enabled and some texture paths re-directed so that it works with Eloth's Visual Overhaul.

Voiced Greetings and Combat by robertneville777 and qwertyasdfgh
Adds back Morrowind's voiced greetings and combat taunts.

Map replacer by Iceburg
Adds a higher resolution World map for Vvardenfell\Solstheim\Mournhold. This map is actually a scanned version of the TES3:Morrowind 'Paper Maps'.

Better Morroblivion Water v1.2 by Eloth
Completely revamped exterior/dungeon/interior/cave water.

Chargen And Transport Mod v9 by Thermador
A more robust world transport mod; is compatible with Open Cities, gives you a choice of where to start, makes the journey cost time and money and lets you skip the tutorial levels etc.

Morroblivion Silt Strider Overhaul by qwertyasdfgh
Improves textures and look of Silt Striders.

Universal Cast-When-Used System by qwertyasdfgh
Fixes many magic items in the game. 

Better Landscape LOD by gruftikus
Greatly improves distand land, should lower crash frequency if you have distant land enabled.

Morroblivion Environment by qwertyasdfgh
Improves grass and terrain!

Edited by: thermador on 09/12/2013 - 07:51
vvancev
vvancev's picture
Thank you

Thank you so much for putting this out there. It makes things so much easier to download. Does this include vvarvenfell imports or whatever mod from tesnexus though? I didn't see it in the included modlist. Because that mod is a PAIN to install.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Everything

Yes, this includes EVERYTHING.  I played through this configuration quite a bit last night (my ONLY mods installed are this package, it's prerequisites, and Oblivion Graphics Extender) and it seems to be working just fine. 

Again, big thanks to David Budreck for all of his hard work, and for letting me go ahead and put this together.  We both worry that when Skyrim comes out on Friday, there might be a big drop-off in activity here until people play through it, so I am going to start doing packed releases of the mod to make it easier for people.

P.S. for anyone asking about an OMOD, I tried that and this mod package is too big and crashes my OBMM.

nemo3590
nemo3590's picture
Cannot Extract

I hate to be one of those people who comes whining to the forum because he can't figure something out, but I'm at my wits' end.

I downloaded the .esm easily enough and installed it, but when I downloaded the six files, I found I couldn't extract them. 7-zip gives me an error message, winrar doesn't work, and OBMM just puts the compressed files in the Oblivion directory, without extracting them to their proper folders. I can't even attempt to do it manually because, like I said, I can't extract them. I thought the files might have gotten corrupted in the download, but that seems unlikely for all 6.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something simple I'm missing? I read this page carefully many times, but it seems like it's supposed to be a simple matter to extract them.

I tried playing the game, and I get disembodied heads as well as the standard WTF I'M MISSING A MESH! symbols. So I know the .esm works, but I'm missing the resources.

Please help--how do I extract the files?

EDIT: Wow, disregard all that. I didn't have all the files in the same folder. I don't see how that makes a difference, but apparently it does. I'll leave this comment here in case anyone has the same problem. Put the files in the same folder like it says.

EDIT 2: Actually, now it only extracts the first one, and I don't know what's different about it. Now I'm thoroughly confused.

EDIT 3: Okay, got it up and running. I am totally blown away by this mod. I have a feeling it's going to be a long time before I return to Cyrodiil...

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Yep

Yep, multi-part archives have to be in the same folder, and then you just open the first one (and ONLY the first one) and press the "Extract" button.

That's all there is to it.

Let us know how it works once you've got it up an running.  :)

s0m3gu7
s0m3gu7's picture
I hate to be "That Guy" but yea

Well I am having the same problems as above except, I have them ALL In one folder on my desktop well when I try to actually open it,it works but when I put the new archived folder into my OBMM it just says "Cannot find anything to extract" and when I open it with WinRAR it says "File is Corrupt" and as for the 7.Zip well 7.zip is useless and will not work stating "No error specified" I would appriceate any help and once again sorry for being "That Guy" on fourums but yea I spent approximatly 2 or 3 hours on this and it looks AMAZING so any help what-so-ever would be highly appriciated, Thanks for reading :D

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
I downloaded all six parts,

I downloaded all six parts, extracted them, and then compared the files to the originals that I uploaded and they are all working fine.

My test:

• Downloaded all six files.  Same as the ones I uploaded.  Total file size = 2,628,636,400 bytes
  • Extracted the downloaded files.  Same as the ones I uploaded.  Total size = 6,328,033,190 bytes

Soooo you are doing something wrong, or one of your files didn't get downloaded all the way.

• Make sure they are all in the same folder
  • Open Morroblivion v048.7z.001 with 7zip (free at www.7-zip.org)
  • Press the "extract" button
  • Pick a place to put the files (for example c:\games\oblivion\data\
    OR
  • Pick some other folder and then add them to OBMM after they are extracted.  I don't recommend using OBMM though, since it tends to crash when assembling all of the files because the mod is so big.  Use Wrye Bash or copy them over manually.
s0m3gu7
s0m3gu7's picture
Thank you very much

Thanks for the help I was about to reinstall them because I looked it over and the file size was smaller than the listed file sizes.

Yea they where off by quite a bit it was mainly off by about 232 MB (instead of 512.00 it was about 317.045) and I only got 1,675,888 when I extracted and unpacked it. (I will not lie but I hate 7.zip I personally use WinRAR.)

s0m3gu7
s0m3gu7's picture
I have another question

I hate to be a nucincese but I managed to fix the achrives now all I need to know "Do I need to make a Plugin OMOD and a Data Files OMOD" thanks again :P

exedor
exedor's picture
how did you fixed the corrupt archive

Hi there, may i ask how you managed to fix the archive?   I'm trying a re-download but usually beating my head against the same wall twice results in the same effect :) GoogleDocs for 7zips via Chrome may be the issue?

s0m3gu7
s0m3gu7's picture
Believe it or not

Reinstall them all again lol, there is no problem with the Google Files just don't tamper with the files what-so-ever allow them to download and there (Also add all the 7 zip files to the same folder then ONLY Open .001.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
oy...

A multi-part archive SHOULD be a simple concept.  Maybe I will upload it as a 2.5 GB single zip file instead... I am trying to make this as idiot-proof as possible.

As I've said, don't use OBMM to install this -- it is too big and OBMM will probably crash when you try to make an OMOD.  Either use Wrye Bash or backup your \Oblivion\Data\ folder and then copy the files manually.

exedor
exedor's picture
Hi Thermador,I think it's a

Hi Thermador,

I think it's a problem with GoogleDocs, large archive files and possibly using Chrome (gzip/cache?). After re-downloading the first 7zip it did result in being the correct 512MB size rather than the 432MB i recieved the first time around, so i will proceed to download the rest.

Perhaps leverage p2p and make a torrent?  I'm just about finished writing a custom CMS multi-server app aimed at user managed content templating with heavy focus on the gaming community, modding, data files etc so i'd be happy to host your files on one of my servers.  PM me if that would be helpful :)

Thanks for your time/effort mate. 

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
I probably won't make a torrent

I probably won't make a torrent due to the fact that

• I would most likely be the only seeder of a very large file for quite some time
  • I like to turn off my computer at night, since my office is adjacent to my bedroom
  • A torrent and/or my home internet connection cannot compete with google's hosting in terms of speed and uptime

I can't speak to whether or not Chrome can download files properly, but it should be obvious to anyone that if the files don't make it to 100% completion (500 megabytes or 524,288,000 bytes) then they will need to try downloading them again. 

I have tested the download from Google Docs as I mentioned above.  Google analytics tells me dozens of people have successfully downloaded the six files, so I doubt it's Google Docs that's causing the problem...

s0m3gu7
s0m3gu7's picture
In reality

In reality it's not from my personal experiance the corruped files comes from tampering with them before they finish downloading Hence you get only about 75 percent of the file, also I tried with OMOD (I cannot work Wyre Bash as is because I installed all these other offers and am yet to find Wyre Bash real Pain in the ass) but the only complaint with OMOD is it takes the better half of 4 to 5 hours to actually compress the giant files but meh no problem that's just a little bit more than the time I actually spent on setting this up and I hate to ask non-related questions but is there the Deadric Face of God helmet I just adore that helmet.

exedor
exedor's picture
Ah, it's an edge-case build

Ah, it's an edge-case build specific, though not uncommon, Chrome bug apparently.

Can't wait to get my fill of Morrowind before delving into Skyrim! 

Cheers! 

Saggaris
Saggaris's picture
Heya GuysI have .46 installed

Heya Guys

I have .46 installed and running, can I just update the master or do I Need all 2 1/2 gig

speedyg869
speedyg869's picture
Contributor
Upgrading to .48

Look at the Morrowind_ob.esm Project Release thread. I think all you need is the Morrowind_ob Version 048.rar and Hashmi Vvardenfell Creatures.rar.

keener101x
keener101x's picture
Problem. See a lot of WTF's.

So I've been dinking around with getting this up and running for a few days now, and I'm thrilled that something like this exists. Finally, a way for me to immerse myself into the lore and story without worrying about the cruddy fight mechanics!

Anyways, I'm having a little trouble with getting Oblivion to recognize that I have this installed (it won't show up under "Data Files" - talking about the 6 part file here). I'm using 7zzip to unzip it to a folder I made for it in the data file:
 C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Morroblivion v0.48

Here's what the folder I put it in looks like, and what the data file list looks like: http://imgur.com/a/MDydQ

I'm new to modding, but I'm fairly comfortable with unzipping/extracting, so I don't think I erred there at all.

Thanks!

RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
Contributor
Nice work Thermador, Iv'e

Nice work Thermador, Iv'e been meaning to do an up to date install on my new computer now that I've finnished Skyrims main quest. Cant wait to see things with the graphics extender.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
keener101x - you need to

keener101x - you need to unzip the files directly into  C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\

So Morrowind_ob.esm is in that folder, and then there are subfolders like:

C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Music\
C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Textures\
C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Video\

Etc.

Also, you should be using something to manage your load order besides the launcher menu "Data files" !!!!!!!

You should really read the Oblivion Mods FAQ since you seem to be new to modding...

keener101x
keener101x's picture
Well, I did install Wyre

Well, I did install Wyre Bash, but it wasn't recognizing all the parts of the mod, but I'll try again and report back. I'd love to get this working!

Thanks! 

cathal
cathal's picture
The land is not loading for me?

I've had a major problem where the land itself doesn't load. All the interior buildings work fine and so does all the objects and weapons etc. But in the outdoors all there is is a huge flood of water and some pieces left of the Province still around such as a tree.

I've followed these instructions very carefuly and read other users' comments but I can't seem to get this working. If I could get a response soon much would be appreciated as I'd love to play this wonderful mod.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Morrowind_ob.esm - must load

Morrowind_ob.esm - must load immediately after Oblivion.esm

Not using that load order is the usual reason for land problems.

cathal
cathal's picture
Alright..

I'm not too sure how to do that, if you could give me a tad bit more details on how to do that I would appreciate it. :)

I have them both selected in the files and ticked all the Morrowind boxes. I do have several mods but I doubt there's any conflicts.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
I added this bullet point to

I added this bullet point to my required list for your benefit:

If you are serious about Oblivion / Morrowind / Skyrim modding, you need to learn how to do it.  It's not hard, but you have to spend some time reading and figuring it out.

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Kwana Forager invisible

Hey I tried this out and everything looks good. But when i went into the wilderness i was being attacked by something  invisible. It said Kwna Forager, but was invisible. I have not seen any other morro creatures yet though. And yes i installed Hashmis morro creatures 2.

PeterNoreen
PeterNoreen's picture
Can't Access Google Docs

I'm taking the links to the google.docs where the meat of the content is, and it's just opening up a blank page on Firefox and claiming it isn't connecting at all if I use IE.

Can you just doublecheck the validity of the links?  It could be the government network I'm stuck on.

Fenix599
Fenix599's picture
Is there a way I could use

Is there a way I could use BSA commander to pack all the lod/mesh/texture/everything-but-the-esm/esp's into a single bsa file?  Compressed to a bsa, would the corresponding objects in CS have to be reassigned or can I just pack all the folders and it'll find the files when I fire up the game?

Thanks!!!

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Time zone

PeterNoreen: Judging from google search results this is a common problem with Google Docs...

You can try:

• signing out of your google account, or signing in
  • clearing your browser's cookies / history / cache / temporary interenet files, then closing and reopening the browser
  • downloading with another browser
  • setting your time zone and time of day on your computer's clock to where you are now (thread here)

Fenix599: you're welcome to try it I guess, but I have no idea

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Still having issues.

I see you answered their questions, but could you help me with my problem. The other day I posted that my Kwana Forager is invisible. Do you know the problem?

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
brutal7: sorry I don't know

brutal7: sorry I don't know how to fix that... I can check my game when I get home but I am pretty sure that they are visible for me.  Anyone else having this problem?

Etwigg
Etwigg's picture
Cant extract
I seem to be having issues extracting the 001 file. I have all of the files downloaded and in the same folder but when i try to open/extract the 001 file it just says "Unspecified Error". Is there a way to fix this?
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Corrupt files

Etwigg, did you check to see if the total file size of each file is 500 MB?  The total of all six parts should be about 2.6 GB (2,628,636,400 bytes).  Some of your files may not have downloaded all the way...

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Etwig,What archive tool are

Etwig,

What archive tool are you using,I use 7z and it works for me,but if you are just asking whatever you use to unpack 001 then have you tried asking in to unpack to a folder with the same name as the 001 first file.?

The different methods should be in the right click context menu of whatever archive program you use.

But if the first file 001 is genuinely faultly,I guess you might have to try downloading it again.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Brutal,If the Kwana Forager

Brutal,

If the Kwana Forager is invisible,it might be a missing or currupted mesh or texture file.

Look in your textures and mesh folders to find out if they are there,and if they are you might have to reinstall the mod that they are in again as they might have got corrupted.?

Etwigg
Etwigg's picture
All of the files are fully
All of the files are fully downloaded and Ive downloaded all of the about 3 separate times now. Also, im using 7Zip.
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I have just tried to download

I have just tried to download all six files,and the last one will not download for me now.

When I did it about 2 weeks back it was ok.

My 7zip program is saying that file 001 has an error for me too now.But maybe that`s because I can`t get the last file [the small one].

BelGarion
BelGarion's picture
Quick Question...

Before I tell Steam to redownload Morrowind and I download this patch. Does this use Oblivion's way point system? To be blunty honest here, it's why I stopped playing Morrowind. After Oblivion, Borderlands, Fallout 3, etc I've gotten dependant on the way points and I kept getting lost and frusterated with Morrowind. But since this runs on Oblivion does this have way points for the Morrowind quests?

deadb0y
deadb0y's picture
Corrupted Files
Plenty of people seem to be complaining about it and I've just downloaded them 3 times with 3 different browsers on 3 different computers. Every one is giving me 2000+ "File is broken" errors ?!?! Time to get a decent unbroken set of files up and mirrored me thinks ... I have plenty of server space and bandwidth! D
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Files are corrupted :(

Yup I have been trying to redownload the files because of my kwana forager issue. But the download always fails

deadb0y
deadb0y's picture
Problems
They all download OK and are the correct size ... They're just busted ... Like I said if someone has a decent set of files that actually work and they can get them to me (upload, torrent, FTP, send them to me on a DVD) I have server space and bandwidth to spare! Thing is, like Microsoft ... Google just llluuurrrrvvveee to "make things easier for us" by which I mean tamper and fiddle with stuff. I wouldn't put it past them to "do something" to the files before download ;( Again, if anyone has a working copy of these files and can get them to me I will gladly host them as they are, in one lump and create a ISO too!
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Files

deadb0y I assure you the files are fine.  I just downloaded all 2.5GB of them again and guess what, they work great.

Hundreds of people have downloaded all six files, but I only have a handful of complaints.  It would seem that the problem is with your connection or hard drive, and not with the files.

What type of internet connection do you have?  What country are you located in?  Is your hard drive or computer experiencing any other problems (i.e. bad sectors, computer viruses etc.)?  Are you SURE your hard drive is good?  What are you using to download the files?  Have you tried Firefox?  How about the FlashGot extension for Firefox? 

In any case, I am planning on uploading a single, 2.5 GB file for people who can't seem to understand what a a multi-part archive is/does (not saying this is you).  Hopefully later tonight.

Risenzealot
Risenzealot's picture
Hey guys I just registered on

Hey guys I just registered on the site today. I mainly wanted to thank Thermador as I follwed this guide to the letter. For the record I honestly have not had any experience with installing Oblivion mods in over 2 years. I didn't even remember the Oblivion Mod Manager name.

Regardless everything went awesome and I've now got this entire thing running 100% problem free as far as I can tell. So THANK YOU Thermador this is a trully amazing guide and the entire community owes you and all the people who made this mod possible a ton of rep.

My last reason for posting this thread is I just wanted to ask if there was anyway I could tell what mods I should be able to install from The Elder Scrolls Nexus w/o screwing up this entire overhaul? Basically if possible I'd like to find some better looking faces (if there are some available) and to also figure out how to install the option file you mentioned "OBGE V3"

Thanks for anymore help anyone can give!

deadb0y
deadb0y's picture
Files
@thermador Been using multiparts since back in the day of downloading CDROM's worth of data 4096 at a time. I appreciate your comments but had you read my original post ... It's not really a case of "is your computer experiencing any problems" my computer is fine, as is my laptop (fresh 2 week old install of Debian and Win7), as is my wife's computer but all 3 have suffered the same problem. In a process of elimination it leaves only the connection (a connection that synchronises 4 linux server each day with no problems (about 8GiB duplex in total)), the hosting (see previous post comments about google) or the files. I can see hundreds of people are not having any trouble, that does not negate that some are, hence my offer of a mirror. I have a spare linux box sitting here in the UK with one site running on it. It costs me a fair bit each month and providing the bandwidth does not go silly I am quite prepared to mirror these files to give those that may be put off by file problems another source and more choice in the type of file they download. My long experience with problems like this has taught me when you get a dodgy multi part just download it again and all is well, that's not the case this time. My offer of a mirror is a serious one, not some idle brown nosing teenage attempt to gain "respect". I NEVER use internet explorer unless I really have too, I've DL'ed these files using FF WinXP, FF Debian Gnome, Win7 IE. All unpacked with 7zip. Exactly the same files causing problems each time. I'm gonna try again but this time I'm actually going to login to my google account (another thing I avoid doing at all times :) Will post the outcome! As a coder when I come across a problem I'm hell bent on solving it! Plus I really want to play this :)
Risenzealot
Risenzealot's picture
I have a problem that I just

I have a problem that I just noticed before I laid down earlier. Anyone I talk to the text jusrt goes by way to fast to read. I have installed OBSE and the Ely's Silent Voice. I've launched from the OBSE thing, Oblivion itself and two different mod managers. Nothing I do will slow down the text from talking to people. It pretty much makes the game unplayable for me. Any ideas?

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
An alternative to Ely's

An alternative to Ely's Silent Voice
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28264

Have you tried the above,?I have not used it but it might help in your case.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
New single file uploaded

deadb0y I have updated the links above and provided an alternative single-file download.  Also, I re-downloaded all six parts, and they still work completely fine for me (I extracted them and everything, no errors).  Do you have the most current version of 7zip?  Maybe that is the problem...

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Invisible still.....

I have redownloaded Morroblivion via the one big file and reinstalled and overwrit everything. I start a new character and I walk outside Seyda Neen and I find that invisible Kwana forager yet again.

Edit: I see it working in the cs.

Edit: Ah what the hell! I go exploring some more but this time I find a non-invisible Kwana Forager. So maybe that one outside Seydna Neen was just lodged in the ground and shrouded by the grass or something.

Idesiremodifications
Idesiremodifications's picture
Very nice work, very nice.

Very good job man. After unpacking the download I packed it back up into a rar file for easy installation with bash/bain whatever people call it. This is very much appreciated, but I have a few questions about some of the ESP's in this pack.

What do Eloths Landscape and Grass, Morroblivion Water, and MorroblivionTreeReplacer do?

I ask because I am using Liquid Water and a Vegetation Replacer. What do those three esp. actually change? i'm worried there might be a conflict.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Idesiremodifications What do

Idesiremodifications wrote:Very good job man. After unpacking the download I packed it back up into a rar file for easy installation with bash/bain whatever people call it. This is very much appreciated, but I have a few questions about some of the ESP's in this pack.

I don't know why you did that, Wrye Bash supports .7z as it is. ???

Idesiremodifications wrote: What do Eloths Landscape and Grass, Morroblivion Water, and MorroblivionTreeReplacer do?

They replace the grass, water, and tree's meshes and textures with better ones.  They shouldn't interfere with Oblivion; they only impact the Morroblivion worldspace.

Pages

Topic locked