38 posts / 0 new
Last post
Auriel
Auriel's picture
[RELZ] Balmora House

Player's house in Balmora, as requested. It's stands to the left of southern gates to Balmora, just across Mages Guild.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2UG37EM

Here's some screenshots

It's not the final version. I intend to write short story about this house and make a spell "Take me Home"

For our further work we need tableware - e.q. dishes, goblets, etc... Can anybody suggest, where we can get such Hlaalu-friendly clutter?

Edited by: thermador on 10/12/2011 - 09:27
Auriel
Auriel's picture
I assume, it's not

I assume, it's not interesting...

Darth South
Darth South's picture
Actually looking to the

Actually looking to the pictures it's a fine Balmora house. You've managed to keep the Hlaalu style. Thank you.

Auriel
Auriel's picture
Actually looking to the

Actually looking to the pictures

Actually I'd like to know if there any glitches, you know...
Clint
Clint's picture
Works great on v45! I like

Works great on v45! I like the mini Kvatch statue, mini Azura statue, and mini temple shrine. Very creative. Just to nit-pick a little: might want to put a pillow on the bed and take some of the rocks out that are in front of the front door.

Other than that, it's great! Thank you!

elderago
elderago's picture
hey auriel look he said it is

hey auriel look he said it is not the final version, and there are potential bugs but unless people play it they cant be squashed.

thanks for the contribution I am looking to make my own, a oblivion version of "balmora" apartments.

or maybe a telvanni house...

anyways...

Anna-Lisa
Anna-Lisa's picture
Thank you for endorsement. In

Thank all of you for endorsements.

In final version I intend to improve interior and exterior of this house, but the stones I can`t take off as they are 'natural'. I slmply do not create any additional glitches.

PS: I'd like to make a Telvanni house as well as I learn more about Morroblivion models and lore.

Anna-Lisa
Anna-Lisa's picture
Oh, and don`t forget to look

Oh, and don`t forget to look at chests - there's some pretty surprises.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thanks! for putting this

Thanks! for putting this together Anna-Lisa,it`s a great place to relax my character in between battles,and that "Take-Me-Home" spell would save me having to fast travel,or walk to a strider,I am lazy!.LOL.:)

Auriel
Auriel's picture
Thanks to all for warm words.

Thanks to all for warm words. But I still need tableware for this house... It simply can't be finished without it.

Clint
Clint's picture
Isn't there Morrowind Hlaalu

Isn't there Morrowind Hlaalu tableware? Just go inside another Balmora house and see what they use.

Auriel
Auriel's picture
Isn't there Morrowind Hlaalu

Isn't there Morrowind Hlaalu tableware?

Well, I saw it. It's... crude, you know... I need something more stylish, more upper-class (Hlaalu is a house of traders, so they must look alike). Like this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36492

Clint
Clint's picture
Wow, that is some highly

Wow, that is some highly detailed clutter!

elderago
elderago's picture
high detail high poly man

high detail high poly man theres always a trade off

I dont quite know of any other then some morrowind stuff I'll look around

elderago
elderago's picture
high detail high poly man

high detail = high polys which hurts performance

anways I dont know of nay immediatly ready modders resources but reguler morroblivion resources are just as good

here are some ideas look at the house around the hileeu council hall, there upper class house.

also remember hileelu is blend of  imperial and traditonal dunmer cultures, try decorating the place with limeware silverware, imperial desks etc, try putting bottles of flin and cryodilec brandal aroound the houses along with more traditional dunmerstuff like bug lamps and such.

on a side  note why arent  the interior cells appearing  in the construction set archetecture list ? I know they are in the morro/I directory but they arent listed.

Auriel
Auriel's picture
May I ask, what does mean

May I ask, what does mean [RELS]?

Auriel
Auriel's picture
high detail = high polys

high detail = high polys which hurts performance

Tweaking rulez!

also remember hileelu is blend of  imperial and traditonal dunmer cultures, try decorating the place with limeware silverware, imperial desks etc, try putting bottles of flin and cryodilec brandal aroound the houses along with more traditional dunmerstuff like bug lamps and such.

Interesting. I might take a look at it...

why arent  the interior cells appearing  in the construction set archetecture list ?

They are - but as separate components. For example - interior of our Balmora House is constructed from 8 separate components. I can name them and even make a short tutorial - but not soon.

elderago
elderago's picture
I know they are made of

I know they are made of diffrent component but those componets arent LISTER under morro/i in the construction set

edit they are forgot too just click on "activator"

aurien I have played morrowind for years  and the one thing I can tell is that the game has many culturally distinct archtecture and even cluture.

Im thinking of making a redorian styled house using all morroblivion stuff,since almost no one ever makes a redorian house nothing oblivion, just a good old house nothing fancy.

not that I expect much use of the house, the redorans has always been the least favorite of great houses, largly do to  sending the player out into the middle of no where, and then afterward  no reward, since redorans are all honoury and stuff.

Auriel
Auriel's picture
those componets arent LISTER

those componets arent LISTER under morro/i in the construction set

They are listed. Go to the statics, then find directly under Statics category  morro => i => all of architecture components. I must say that Morroblivion needs refactoring.

aurien I have played morrowind for years  and the one thing I can tell is that the game has many culturally distinct archtecture and even cluture

Dude, I know Morrowind lore, you even may put me on exam. As you may notice, all of my questions are only technical. In fact, I can create tableware by myself. But as I'm lazy I ask if such thing already exist. If it doesn't, fine, I will make it by my own hands.

elderago
elderago's picture
heh ironically I did not

heh ironically I did not realize that this house was made by you lol,

anyway relizing my lolz worthy blunder...ummm yeah its amazing what people can do with plan old assets, I am have not seen any real modders resources that ever were specifically used for hlaalu, telvanni damn thats easy though.

on a side note, your right, for some reasion the interiors are listed under morro but not in i, either way no big deal I'm new to oblivions construction set

Auriel
Auriel's picture
heh ironically I did not

heh ironically I did not realize that this house was made by you lol

Particularly. I deal with models, scripts and other stuff, my wife (Anna-Lisa) deal with decor.

for some reasion the interiors are listed under morro but not in i, either way no big deal

These "i" "f" and other categories are simply non-readable and hard to use for novice. I can use it, but... it just not convenient, takes much more time to tackle with proper components in proper place. It will be great to have at least four or five separate categories in Architecture - for example, Hlaalu, Redoran, Telvanni, Imperial, Vivec - where all components would be bundled together as well as ready-to-use interiors for standard buildings. But it's just my dreams, in real world this is beyond my abilities.
elderago
elderago's picture
agreed although atleast

agreed although atleast exteriors are easier to deal with back in morrowind everything was pieced up,  although in morrowind you didnt have to deal with physics..but still

steph
steph's picture
Quote:"May I ask, what does

Quote:

"May I ask, what does mean [RELS]?"

It's a short inappropriate acronym meaning "Released" (for those who can't spell, I guess) ..

Auriel
Auriel's picture
It's a short inappropriate

It's a short inappropriate acronym

Thanks a lot. You know, English is not my mother tonque, and so I don't know such simple things.
elderago
elderago's picture
hey aurien just a heads up in

hey aurien just a heads up in case you did not know WIP also meane "work in progress".

and for english not being your mother toung you sure are good at it. most people dont realize that it is very hard language to learn, it's evem hard for me and it IS my mother tounge XD

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Thank You for the Houses
Thank you, Anna-Lisa, for your Houses. I had always daydreamed about getting to the point where somebody would start making Player Homes for Morroblivion. It would be wonderful, if, like in Oblivion, there are player homes in all the major cities, Ald-Ruhn, Sadrith Mora, (then maybe some in the towns like Gnaar-Mok, Suran, Pelegaid, etc.). So, now we have gotten there, and thank you.
Auriel
Auriel's picture
it is very hard language to

it is very hard language to learn

English is regular, I mean, it directed by certain rules. Try to learn ukrainian or russian - where are more exceptions than rules at all - and you will find that English is quite easy. ;)

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I think that most lanquages

I think that most lanquages are really messed up by too many local slang words,but on the other hand,it would be really boring if we all spoke and typed perfect english.In the UK alone there are proberly at least 100 different ways to speak or type due to the many different dialects.

BTW [By the way] Auriel,I too think that you master english really well.

Anna-Lisa
Anna-Lisa's picture
Thank you, Anna-Lisa, for your Houses.

I hope, nothing is prevented me from finishing this home soon.

I intend to make houses in main Morrowind styles - I just can't assure that they will be in all main cities. ))

elderago
elderago's picture
fair enough, I never really

fair enough, I never really bothered to learn languages, and since my degree is primarily in health and nutrition (something sorely needed in the U.S) , I never really bothered to learn new languages.

in anycase at this point I should admit that I have never really used the construction set much save from modifiing and adding in objects, my knowledge of both morrowinds and oblivions construction set is very limited, I have never made a house which I am trying to do so...

flayer
flayer's picture
re-upload
Can you re-upload the plugin to a different mirror. I want to explore this mod in particular because it uses the hlaalu interior meshes, which I have a hard time using in the tes construction set.
AquilaSPQR
AquilaSPQR's picture
Re-upload needed! Because FBI
Re-upload needed! Because FBI doesn't like Morroblivion mods ;) Just joking. Megaupload was closed, it would be nice to move this mod to nexus or something like that.
duott
duott's picture
reupload2

Dear Auriel,

Since Megaupload was seized up by evil forces and is no longer availible, could you please re-upload this wonderful mod somewhere else?

scotty35503
scotty35503's picture
Yes please. What he ^ said.

Yes please. What he ^ said. The US government is a dick. They stole your mod. Hypocritical bastards.

I would love to have this. Vodunius Nuccius' old house is getting cramped. I wish there were more house mods for Morroblivion. Ones that let you purchase them legitimately. I would do it, except I don't know anything about building quests or scripting. I'm just a simple fan.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Links for this File  is Dead 

Links for this File  is Dead  Megupload is no more on this File,Also the Link on Posting 10\12\2011 goes to a Dead Link on www.tesnexus.com

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
This is an ( .esp ) with

This is an ( .esp ) with Corrected Lighting and Other Corrections what i can See in CSE, and the Pictures Posted it Auriel Balmora House

Acleacius
Acleacius's picture
Thanks for your work on this

Thanks for your work on this mod !

roxon 55 's link is still good, are there based files from the broken link or is this esp all we need?

Thanks

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Contributor
Only need .esp

Only need .esp