25 posts / 0 new
Last post
empty
empty's picture
[RELz] Integration: Morroblivion

Integration: Morroblivion

Integrates some of the more popular Oblivion mods to be more organic to the Morroblivion world.

Description

After starting my Morroblivion adventures I was disappointed to find out that several of my favourite mods were not very compatible with Morroblivion. So I decided to create a series of compatibility patches, then I decided this would be best as a single project that could benefit everyone and hopefully be easier to maintain and distribute.

RELz mods

Morroblivion Cava Obscura - This is the Morroblivion version of Cava Obscura (also known as Darker Dungeons or Let There Be Darkness) using the same philosphy that a little bit of ambient light is still good. Every dungeon, cave, tomb, shrine, barrow, ruins, mine or appropriate interior cell (such as prisons) has had it's ambient and fog lighting reduced by 90%. Bring a torch! Or a light spell! Or nighteye! Well they are all useful now.

• Reduces ambient and fog lighting in all appropriate interiorsby 90%

Supreme Magicka - Supreme Magicka 0.90b is a requirement. This was the first mod that I decided to integrate. I found it frustrating that many of the good spells (even ones that were originally in Morrowind) could not be accessed in the Morroblivion world because nobody was selling them.

• Add Supreme Magicka spells to Morroblivion spell trainers 

Update: Instead of replacing a lot of Morrowind spells, I just added all the "new spells" from SM and some that were clearly not available in Morrowind. There will be some lap over, a few summon spells, fortify jump and summon spells. But the spells are spread across 14 spell trainers so it should feel more intergated.

WIPz mods

Current work in progress..

Fearsome Magicka - Similiar to Supreme Magicka, this will add a custom NPC to belongs to House Telvanni and will have lore friendly dialogue references to "Chronomancy" that will sell the Fearsome Magicka spells;

• Add custom NPC that belongs to House Telvanni somewhere that sells FM spells

Oblivion XP - This is one of my favourite leveling mods but unfortunately it is very incompatible with Morroblivion quests. It's a very mixed bag when using it and definetly doesn't represent the right balance of XP. Generally I just turn off quest based leveling when using Oblivion XP but now the quests will all have appropriate XP.

• Adds quest support for Morroblivion quests for Oblivion XP

Update: I scrapped plans for Oblivion XP, it was unreliable and time consuming and Morroblivion is completely playable without quest exp being granted. Just adjust the exp bonus for exploration and kills to give more and problem solved.

Future mods

These mods are possible future mods that will be integrated.

Enhanced Economy - There is nothing inherently incompatible with Enhanced Economy for Morroblivion but some features have no effect on Morroblivion. For example, Local Economy features to create a more dynamic trade environment where certain cities sell stuff for more or less. Illegal Looting so that some farms and public areas have things that are illegal to loot. And my favourite, Merchant Quests where merchants ask you to go retrieve certain object from a local tomb or dungeon. The integration will aim to include the following in order of priority;

• Local Economy feature support so that certain cities buy things for more or less accordingly
  • Illegal Looting to make farms and certain public areas illegal to loot
  • Merchant Quests where merchants ask the player to perform quests to retrieve an item from a local tomb or dungeon

Release and Testing

Download v03: http://www.mediafire.com/?fo7te4eoepp2zir

Also please post any suggestions or if anyone would like to help! Thanks!

Download updated Cava Obscura thanks to qwertyasdfgh: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2bglt4

Edited by: thermador on 08/30/2012 - 12:46
Darth South
Darth South's picture
These kind of compability

These kind of compability mods are essential for Morroblivion to co-exist with Oblivion and ensure players dont get angry with game's limitations. So thank you very much.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Permission
Do you have permission from the authors to do this? Morroblivion is a banned, underground project. Many modders do not want their work associated with it for fear of reprocussions from Bethesda or Nexus. This is why I specifically did NOT receive permsission to do anything with Vvardenfell Imports. This is a great idea, but please clearly state whether you do or do not have permission.
empty
empty's picture
Both Supreme Magicka and

Both Supreme Magicka and Oblivion XP are being handled by members of the community and not the original mod authors because they have both abandoned work on their respective projects. Both authors have only requested that credit be given where credit is due. This is the situation as far as I know with these mods.

So unfortunately it would not even be possible to get permission from the original mod authors. I could request permission from their current maintainers, maybe for Supreme Magicka atleast. Since Oblivion XP's maintainer has already given permission for compatibility work for other quest mods since it pretty much requires it.

As for EE, I was planning on requesting permission from TheNiceOne but that is only a future possibility.

This project was planning on only being patches, so they will not include original mod content atleast and I certainly wasn't planning on releasing it on Nexus or Bethsoft forums as I was under the impression that it was inappropriate even with permission.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Using Work is Fine
If the authors have released control as long as they are credited, then that is fine. Sorry, I was not aware of that, but just want to make sure that we retain what little credibility we have. I don't want this to distract from what I said about this being a Great idea!
Oldwolf58
Oldwolf58's picture
unintentional integration

Lol my nude human like spriggan shows up just fine in morroblivion :) as long as you call vanilla items as much as you can ANY mod that changes vanilla Oblivion things will show up in morroblivion. And as far as permission most of the mods I check out have a disclaimer either in their read me or on the nexus that states their policy on use of the mod. I have several mods posted on nexus and as long as I get due credit I could give a flip if someone wants to use my stuff..... actually I feel honored when someone does. There are however those who do NOT want their stuff used for any reason. AlienSlof is one. She did give me permission to use a modified version of one of her outfits in my lifelike god statues mod because I was giving her credit and I was only using it on one male statue. (she has a thing about her suff used on women) So if you want to use a mod chech their readme and the disclaimer on the site and if they give open permission then go for it :)

empty
empty's picture
Sorry, I was not aware of

Sorry, I was not aware of that, but just want to make sure that we retain what little credibility we have.

That's a good policy and respecting authors is important, personally I don't see why some authors are so anal (*cough* Slof *cough*) but to each hiw own, respect is still respect.

Oldwolf58
Oldwolf58's picture
Slof

Slof's reasons are from wayyyyyyy back in the beginning of the nexus. She creates some of the most beautiful and elaborate clothing anyone could ever wish for but she only creates for male characters. People started ripping off her meshes and textures and using them with out permission nor acknowleging her creation of them. That started a biiiiiggggg fight on the nexus and once the dust settled most (if not all) of the thieves found themselves banned from the nexus and slof pulled her stuff off and put it on her own site. She is actually the person that inspired me to start modding clothing and since I understand her point of view I fully agree with her stand. It takes hours and even days to create a single elaborate outfit and the proper texturing and weight painting to get it to move correctly. To have someone come along and use it in ways you hadn't intended without permission and saying its their own creation is enough to p!$$ off the pope!  I'm a bit more easy going but I would jump on someone who used something I created without at least acknowledging me as the original creator and I think that's the way most modders feel. There are several excellent modders that due to flamers or theives left the nexus for their own sites and that's their perogative. Personally I'm NOT letting flamers or thieves chase me away from any where but then again that's probably why my nose has been broken 9 times ;)

Any way the point is most modders are very reasonable and most do give permission in their readme or their disclaimer as I do, so usage is usually a matter of looking at the disclaimer/readme and following their policy.

Growlf for instance gave me permission to put out a high heel shoe that I reworked from his original creation and though I did give him credit as the original creator I clearly stated that the shoe was a complete rework based from his original design. It was the high heels I used on the statues in my lifelike god statues mod :) as well as in my human like spriggan mod. The thing with it though was growlf was in the process of a major remodel of his home and it was nearly 2 months before he replyed to my request for permission. Sometimes it's not through indifference that modders don't reply but other issues. Some don't play/mod oblivion anymore and may not have their email notification turned on for their account so unless they happen to stop in (say to check on the new skyrim hype) they won't get the request. I don't have my email notification turned on but I stop in every few days.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Slof is a Moderator
There is also the point that Slof is Moderator on Nexus. Bethesda banned Morroblivion and asked Nexus to do so as well. Asking Slof for permission to use her work in a banned project would be way too much of a conflict. We should respect her, and her position, and not try to use her stuff.
Oldwolf58
Oldwolf58's picture
Oh I didin't mean to suggest

Oh I didin't mean to suggest using any of slof's work. I was just citing an example of someone that is very protective of their work and IMHO rightfully so. The point of my ramling narative was that unlike slof and a few others most modders are all for their stuff being used as long as they are given credit for it's use.

empty
empty's picture
I just released the Supreme

I just released the Supreme Magicka and updated the OP with a download link, enjoy.

Working on getting Cava Obscura remake done today too.

I was granted permission to use Fearsome Magicka references for Morroblivion. So that will be next after CO.

empty
empty's picture
New version uploaded with

New version uploaded with MorrowOblivion_Integration_CO added. I tried my best to reflect the feel of the original lighting, i.e. make some places more red or more green. Also I made some places I felt appropriate darker but not completely dark (like prisons).

If I missed any cells, please tell me, I've went over the list of interiors and checked them all in the render window but I could of missed something.

OP updated to reflect changes.

speedyg869
speedyg869's picture
Cool!

Cool!

empty
empty's picture
Updated to v03. Now reduced

Updated to v03.

Now reduced fog and directional lighting in Morroblivion Cava Obscura by 90% as well as ambient. I wasn't happy with the darkness at first and realised I forgot the fog and directional, should be much better now.

Djeff
Djeff's picture
Great idea!

Hi,

I think CO for Morroblivion is a great idea, especially for caves and tombs wich were too much lighted, thank you for that. I've tried the mod and the tombs are really creepy now. However, I noticed until now that the Eran Ancestral Tomb near Seyda Neen and the Kudanat cave near Balmora are not affected by the mod. I just wanted to let you know.

PS: Don't look at my mistakes, english is not my native language.

Valaquent
Valaquent's picture
SM Spells in an existing game

I am running an existing game and have added the SM spells, but they are not showing up on any of the trainers.  However, I have tried with another old save where I hadn't spoken to the trainers and that did work.

I am thinking that those trainers I had already spawned before the mod will not have them?  If so, is there a way to reset their spells in the existing game?

empty
empty's picture
That should not have any

That should not have any affect, when I was testing, I was loading up a save where I had accessed the trainers beforehand. They were all properly updated.

There is a spell list and the trainers that sell them in the archive, please check that spell list and go to the appropriate trainer and check if that spell is there.

If you are still having issues then please post and I'll check it out again.

Also please make sure that the Integration_SM loads after your Supreme Magicka esp.

Valaquent
Valaquent's picture
Still the same issue

I have tried every single listed trainer, to no avail.  I used an older save of the same character with all the same mods loaded that I had made just before he left Seyda Neen and that one did work proprerly.

Without this mod loaded I went to Balmora using the earlier save and made a save just outside the Mage's Guild.  At this point this character had never entered the guild, and this mod had never been used on this save.  I then shut down the game and loaded this mod, then loaded the save and went in.  All worked as intended.  I shut the game down again, disabled this mod, then reloaded the save and ONLY talked to Estirdalin, then I saved another save.  I again shut down and loaded this mod, then I checked every single listed trainer in the Balmora Guild and all but Estirdalin had the spells, she did not.

I also used a ResetInterior command on the guild, but this also didn't help.

empty
empty's picture
Seems like you are getting

Seems like you are getting the problem only when you have encountered the NPC before. This could be due to another mod doing some dynamic scripting that is effecting the NPC.

My mod edits the spell lists of the NPCs, it does not use scripts to dynamically add spells to the merchant like other mods. There can be a conflict with a mod that has done so before hand.

Can you please post your load order?

Valaquent
Valaquent's picture
Here you are

Here you are:

Oblivion.esm
Morrwind_ob.esm
Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm
Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm
Francesco's Optional New Creatures Add-On.esm
Kvatch Rebuilt.esm
TamrielTravellers.esm
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
ACCCGR.esp
Morrowind_ob - ClothingReplacer.esp
Slof's Warhammer Robe.esp
Town_Ceremonial_Armor.esp
Francesco's 10 days respawn time - 1-20 day length rescale.esp
Francesco's Slower skills x1.5.esp
AliveWaters.esp
AliveWaters - Koi Addon.esp
AliveWaters - Slaughterfish Addon.esp
Francesco's Optional Files.esp
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp
Fran Armor Add-on.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
SupremeMagicka.esp
AudaciousMagery.esp
SM_EnchantStaff.esp
SM_Scrolls.esp
SM_SigilStone.esp
SM_UnlockSpells.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
Kvatch Rebuilt.esp
xulAncientRedwoods.esp
xulAncientYews.esp
xulArriusCreek.esp
xulAspenWood.esp
xulBeachesOfCyrodiiLostCoast.esp
xulBlackwoodForest.esp
xulBravilBarrowfields.esp
xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp
xulCheydinhallFalls.esp
xulChorrolHinterland.esp
xulCloudtopMountains.esp
xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp
xuldarkforest.esp
XulEntiusGorge.esp
xulFallenleafEverglade.esp
xulImperialIsle.esp
xulLushWoodlands.esp
xulPantherRiver.esp
xulPatch_AY_AC.esp
xulRiverEthe.esp
xulRollingHills_EV_withoutWheat.esp
xulSkingradOutskirts.esp
xulStendarrValley.esp
xulTheHeath.esp
Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion_Chargen_And_Transport_Mod_v8.esp
EVE_KhajitFix.esp
EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
Fransfemale.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
MorrowOblivion_Integration_SM.esp
Oblivionized Enchants.esp
TamrielTravellers.esp
TamrielTravellersItemsNPC.esp

Valaquent
Valaquent's picture
Correct if I am wrong

But wouldn't it make sense that it would function this way?  As I understand it all of these NPC's are persistent, so once they are spawned anything that happens to/with them would be stored locally to the save as a difference from the base NPC.

If what you are doing is editing their spell lists then it seems to make sense to me that, if the list is already created locally, your edits would not override that local copy, but would only apply to a whole new copy from the base.

At least that seems to be what is happening to me?

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Morroblivion Cava Obscura

Morroblivion Cava Obscura needs to be updated for the current master (v054)

I reuploaded modified esp here.

empty
empty's picture
Thanks for that qwerty, I

Thanks for that qwerty, I went AWOL for a while. Gonna reinstall Oblivion since Skyrim is getting boring, new master of Morroblivion and new FCOM to get back into!

Gotta get the spell mods sorted by using scripts to dynamically add them to NPCs, was gonna do that before I stopped modding.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
I updated the main post in

I updated the main post in this thread with links to the updated Cava Obscura.  Thanks!

Frohwalt
Frohwalt's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

Morroblivion Cava Obscura needs to be updated for the current master (v054)

I reuploaded modified esp here.

Could you upload it again ? It seems it doesn't exist any longer on sendspace.