31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Clint
Clint's picture
[RELZ] Morrowind Voiced Greetings and Combat

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morrowind Voiced Greetings and Combat v 0.9 [Updated 8-28-2011]    

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Brings Morrowind's voiced greetings and combat to Morroblivion. Also includes Ordinator greetings and combat yells and a few Almalexia greetings. This does not affect any of Cyrodiil's NPC's.

Update: Almalexia.esp is garbage, unneccessary, and might cause problems. If you downloaded it, just trash it.

Files: Download here.

Installation: Extract the downloaded archive into your Oblivion folder, and tick "Morroblivion Conversation.esp" when you start the game.

Note: This is a BETA release. 70% of the races are finished, except Khajiit, Nord, and Redguard. They should still say Oblivion dialogue. I'm working on these races last since Morrowind's Khajiits, Nords, and Redguards sound pretty close to Oblivion's as far as accent goes.

I am releasing this because I just started school and won't have the time to work on this until break.

Bugs/Issues:

In combat, NPC's won't move their lips even though the audio plays. Is this the same with Oblivion fights? 

Some NPC's won't say anything no matter what I do. I've checked and checked the parameters, but they still won't say anything. For example, moving Ordinators won't say their greeting, but stationary ones will. I made sure the moving Ordinators were included, and the dialogue even shows up for them, but they still won't say anything.

Comments: If you have any questions or comments, please ask. Thanks, and have fun!

Edited by: Clint on 08/28/2011 - 18:56
HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
Testing

I've managed to test for about 30 seconds, and am thinking this is great - definitely getting different greetings now! Unfortunately I'm on the late shift at work this week so my time is very limited for testing... plus we are moving into the final phase of wedding preparation so I have a list of things to do when I do have spare time ;)

However, I will do my best to get some proper testing in sir!

Ice
Ice's picture
Quite excited to try this,

Quite excited to try this, downloading now!

Woot!

Clint
Clint's picture
Please, do Iceburg! You

Please, do Iceburg! You should notice a big change walking around people and fighting them too.

Ice
Ice's picture
Sweet! I played a lot of

Sweet! I played a lot of Midas Magic today and yesterday, but this might be that final push to revist Morroblivion, check out Bloodmoon and Tribunal, See some new clothing with Hashmi's robes restored alpha, and nostalgia it up with some old voices!

:D

Sjors Boomschors
Sjors Boomschors's picture
Contributor
I don’t get it:

I don’t get it: Why Do the Voice ID’s changes of the Voice-Files when merging into the main ESM ?

Clint
Clint's picture
When new quest gets merged into main esm

I'm not sure. I think because it's a new quest being added, but the ID's actually change when getting merged into the main esm. Still doesn't make sense why this happens for dialogue, but that's what happens.

Ice
Ice's picture
Dang, it stinks so bad, but

Dang, it stinks so bad, but then I won't be missing out because I'll be sure to play with your esps. Just stinks that this won't be automatically included.

And there's no work around?

Sorry dude.

I'm going on vacation tommorrow, so I should finally get a chance to test out the voice files etc. I'm looking forward to it!

Clint
Clint's picture
Indeed, something smells
It sucks for sure, but David and I did our best. It's just the way it is.
Darth South
Darth South's picture
Well actually, maybe you can

Well actually, maybe you can do it the middle way. If David adds your esp into the installer(what I mean is it extracts both Morrowind_ob.esm and Voiced Dialogue.esp), then when you update a new version, your voiced dialogue also gets updated. So once you activated it, it won't be any different than updating normal morroblivion.

Clint
Clint's picture
Good idea

Dang...that actually is a really good idea, Darth South. I'll have to think about that.

Ice
Ice's picture
Nice!

Nice! :D

MrKWMonk
MrKWMonk's picture
This one works very well and

This one works very well and blends in so seemlessly I actually have to take a moment to realise that the NPCs are using the 'old' MW voices.

Thanks for the effort, really adds to the MW feeling.

-Kwm

Clint
Clint's picture
You're welcome, and thank you
You're welcome, and thank you for trying it out. It's kinda subtle, but it adds more immersion.
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thanks! Robert!,great mod and

Thanks! Robert!,great mod and it works great for me.

My Red Sonia companion calls me outlander sometimes,but that works out great too as she seems to fit in well in morrowind.

Clint
Clint's picture
Thanks Ironman! The mod only

Thanks Ironman!

The mod only affects Morrowind NPCs, so unless she's from Morrowind? In other words, if she's strictly from an Oblivion mod, and not a Morroblivion mod, she should be saying Oblivion greetings and combat yells.

Ice
Ice's picture
Robert, I want to tell you

Robert, I want to tell you how great this mod is, I just havn't played enough Morroblivion recently to hear it. I do know that your previous work in this area's been fantastic, and I'm expecting to dig this as well.

I've probably played just 4 hours in the last month: been doing the modding side more...

(Listening to the sound files, outside of game, they sound great!) :D

So ya, keep up the good work, and hopefully I'll be endorsing your work shortly. :P

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
I thought that too Robert,but

I thought that too Robert,but she seems to be using both,in combat she uses her built in sound and voice effects,but sometimes when I click to speak to her she comes back with a text only silent question asking me if I want to know about for example Balmora or other towns etc.

Then if I go into her commands and other sections like inventory etc,she speaks in her normal voice and obeys.

I was in vivec and she told me about all of the cantons and houses,in silent speech text with silent lip sync.

BTW,I am not using a character generated in the wldmorroblivion world,I just used the boat near the prison sewers to jump in and then just took my papers and kept my oblivion stuff,she just follows me into any world.Cool!:)

The wierd bit is that in the oblivion tamriel world she talks a lot about the chapel murders and other things,then if I go to morrowind she stops talking about them as if it have not happened yet,in fact that cool as it had not happened in morrowind time.

Clint
Clint's picture
Thanks Iceberg, looking

Thanks Iceberg, looking forward to your thoughts on the mod when you get the time to play it.

Yeah, Ironman, I didn't mess with the text stuff. I only messed with the actual voices you hear, which has text of course, but I didn't mess with any of the dialogue that you see when you actually click on an NPC.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thats`s cool Robert,but if I

Thats`s cool Robert,but if I use a ring to summon Sonia she greets me on arrival with here normal "Hello,So here you are" and then pops up a morrowind greeting sometimes calling me outlander.I don`t know how it`s doing it but I like it.:)

Clint
Clint's picture
Hmmm...well hey, if it works

Hmmm...well hey, if it works for you, great!

Oldwolf58
Oldwolf58's picture
Intermix of greetings

The intermix of greetings and rumors by companions between Morrowind and oblivion is probably due to race.  The morrowind side is NOT using special races it's using default oblivion races for all the normal races therefore any dialogue that is racially prompted will fire for companions. The only way to stop that would be to put conditionals on All the dialogue pertaining to Morrowind like GetInWorldspace . So that those dialogue's would only be available if they are in morrowind world and the same would have to be done for the oblivion dialogue's. That's the only way I know of to completely separate the dialogues and that would be an enormous undertaking as most mods have some sort of dialogue included and all of those would need to be addressed too. I say live with it as it is, it's not really a big problem. :)

For specific companions you could edit their dialogue's to not use morrowind rumors and greetings by adding the morrowind specific greetings to thier dialogue then adding a condition that can't be met like getissex and use the opposite sex of the companion. I'm not sure if that would work as it might affect all users of that greeting but if you want to experiment you could try it.

RammS
RammS's picture
Great work man!This plugin is

Great work man!

This plugin is awesome.

But now I'm want to  overwrite the files from english version of Morrowind, to another language. And this is difficult, because names of the files in Morroblivion and Morrowind are different. So I must to listen every file on english and search the same in my version of Morrowind. May be you've got same table, or text-file, where  you   are do some notes about names of changing files.  It'll be great.

Ice
Ice's picture
Robert, I've gotten a small

Robert, I've gotten a small chance to play some bloodmoon, and from what I've seen so far, your mod integrates completly seamlessly into Morroblivion. I've had times where I only realized it was the voice of morrowind speaking after the conversation ends, or they mention something specifically Morrowind. Otherwise I totally think its an Oblivion line I'm just not familiar with. Really well done job sir. Very well done.

:D

Clint
Clint's picture
@Oldwolf Yeah, I'd have to

@Oldwolf 

Yeah, I'd have to look at it more.

@Ramms

Sorry, I don't have any table or text. I did it all by ear. Sounds like you'd have listen to the files, rename them to match mine, and then overwrite mine. But that would be a LOT of work. That's essentially what I did.

@Iceburg

Yeah, the mod is kinda subtle if you don't pay attention. I do hear a big difference in combat though, but maybe that's just me.

Ice
Ice's picture
I havn't actually played

I havn't actually played comabt with it yet, I think, at least with NPCS. lol

(22 credit hours is eating my life right now, its terrible) :/

I'm having an issue (totally unrelated) where a lot of things want to fight me, but just stand really close to me instead. I imagine its a miscommunication between mods...

Clint
Clint's picture
Yeah, I'm only taking 15
Yeah, I'm only taking 15 semester units, and that's killing me. Kudos to you dude :D
Ice
Ice's picture
Haha, thanks. And ya man, 15

Haha, thanks. And ya man, 15 is no break. :D

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
any chance of getting this to

any chance of getting this to work for skywind? it would save me a lot of time and a bunch of dialogue we wouldnt have to record

Lauren
Lauren's picture
Any new download links for this mod?

Hi, sorry to revive an old thread, but I just made an account specifically to ask this: is there a new download link for this? Or would it be possible for someone to reupload the mod files ONLY for use on this thread? The current link says something about the uploader not being a premium member, and the download is now dead. It's really a shame because as awesome as Morroblivion is, it's a bit lonely with hardly any greetings. Thanks!

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
is there a new download link

is there a new download link for this?

Yes, here