26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
[RELZ] Oblivionized Enchants

OBLIVIONIZED ENCHANTS(V1)

I have started an large scale project to convert all non-working and useless enchanted items of Morroblivion to resemble the ones in Oblivion. As you all know, all of the Morrowinds "cast when used" enchants are non-working in Morroblivion and therefore useless. This projects goal is to offer an alternative solution to the problem and enable usable/useful loot to the dungeons and ruins of Morrowind.

My god, i did it! I went trough near 400 "cast when used" items and Oblivionized their enchants. I had to do controversial and hard decisions on many items when "fixing" their enchants, so many items enchants will not resemble their original enchants, but i tryed very hard to not change them too much. There were some items that i didnt touch, items are as follows.

1. Items that had script on them.

2. Items that had no enchants at all.

Hopefully this mod will act as alternative solution for a while and give people reason to do dungeon dwelling in Morroblivion. Thank you, and enjoy the mod.

Download= http://www.mediafire.com/?r0r0182vp5q235y

Edited by: Seferoth on 08/01/2011 - 15:30
ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Enchants
Nice we realy needed this becouse the loot is useless. :)
Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Hmm. Noticed that this is

Hmm. Noticed that this is harder then i thought. Is it me or does some of the weapon enchantments appear as "apparel" in enchantment section CS? If this is so then im screwed. my logic was to check all "apparel" enchantments and turn all those enchantments to resemble "apparel" enchantments in Oblivion. I did change those "apparel" enchantmets the whole yesterday and now it seems i might need to start over:(

Ice
Ice's picture
:(

Please keep trying: this would be invaluable.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
I'm assuming you have read

I'm assuming you have read this thread: http://morroblivion.com/magic-items-have-constant-effect-ins...

If not, there is a lot of information there.  I posted a spreadsheet with all of the items that need to be fixed as well...

It's a complex problem, not for the faint of heart.

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Thanks

Thanks for the support guys. Okay, i will download that spreadsheet and see what i can do. I will try to continue my project to "Oblivionize" all those items, it seems this will take a loooong time, but something must be done to those items.

Didact1
Didact1's picture
Scripting

Actually it is possible though it is technically not an "enchantment"...

A while back I have placed scripts which gives the weapon its original enchantment, it isnt cast when used, but the script gives you the spell which works the same way.

e.g. adds a fireball spell when equipped with enchanted weapon...

Be mindful that several weapons and armor already have scripted enchantments on so be careful not to modify them though thats only a few... Demons/Devil helms and weapons, Magebane and such..

If anyone else can think of a better option/alternative go ahead!

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Okay. Do you have plans to

Okay. Do you have plans to extend your script to all those "cast when used" items? If so, then my solution is far worse, becouse your solution is more near  to the original Morrowind.

Ice
Ice's picture
So your saying you did a

So your saying you did a script like:

begin onequip

player.addspell macefireball

end

begin onunequip

player.removespell macefireball

end

? I think that would work great, all though, how would you handle running out of enchantment / recharging the weopon? (I think it would be fine to drop the need to recharge those types of weopons....)

Cool!

elderago
elderago's picture
random note

first off IO want to mention that caste when used was really annoying not only did scrolling to the item unequip your current weapon,armor,ring etc  it would continue to do so when scrolling, I for one do not miss it as a lot of the enchantments were crap, although some  like a ring of shock storm was incredibaly useful.

with that said I think it would be best to try and script these items to act as scrolls or something like that, or to give some sort of spell

those are my thoughts

Didact1
Didact1's picture
That would probably take more

That would probably take more scripting if it is possible haha... I can only do basic scripting so I wouldn't know :P

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
Perhaps something like

Perhaps something like this?

begin OnAdd player
player.AddSpell SpellName

...then...

begin OnDrop player
RemoveSpell SpellName

See also:

Also this is interesting but we would not want to permanently add the spell - it would need to be removed once the item is removed from the inventory. Hopefully OnDrop would accomplish this...

Ice
Ice's picture
Oh, Good call HeWhoWatches.

Oh, Good call HeWhoWatches. That example's better than mine, since yours is adding the spell whenever the player has the equipment, not just when its equiped. I hadn't thought of that, lol. And good call on the links too. :D

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
This works: Scn

This works:

Scn CastWhenUsedTestScript short AlreadyExists begin OnAdd player if player.AddSpell 0fireball == 0 set AlreadyExists to 1 else player.AddSpell 0fireball set AlreadyExists to 0 endif end begin OnDrop player if AlreadyExists == 0 player.RemoveSpell 0fireball endif end

...and it will not add the spell if the player already has it (otherwise it might get removed when the item is dropped).

However, I can't see any way to do this without making it just a spell... i.e. the item won't have a charge and the spell when cast will use the magicka of the player. It will just basically add a spell and remove it when the item is dropped. Somehow that seems... a little wrong to me. Oh well, you decide! ;)

elderago
elderago's picture
wish I could edit my posts

yeah sorry my spelling was horrible there, anyways I know only a little bit of scripting and little about oblivions engine whatever you guys are able to do is perfectly fine, hope progress is going well !

I also had a thought if we were to oblivionize the enchentments we could down grade the effects for instance  the thiefs rings would give a constant fortification of +2 instead of fifteen, that way the effects are rather minor but would still be something of use for beginning charecters.

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
I did it!

I finaly did it, here is the first release of Oblivionized Enchants. I converted every single "Cast when used" enchant to resemble the ones in Oblivion. Now you can actually have worthy loot in Morroblivion. Download link is at the first post. Have fun!

Ice
Ice's picture
Sweet!Just for clarification,

Sweet!

Just for clarification, are you saying that you used the script to give and take spell, or that you downgraded items to constant effects?

Thanks Seferoth! 

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Solution

I did turn all "Cast when used" enchants a constant effect ones. I had to basically recreate every single enchant for this. I though this was good alternative solution for a while. Here is small example what i did. Not actual values, but to show pattern i used.

"Ring of Fireball" Before= Fire damage 15 points for 20 feet on target(something like that)

Oblivionized "Ring of Fireball"= Fire Shield/Resist Fire 15 Points(Depends on the item)

Like i said, i had to make pretty hard choices with the items, but atleast they are usable and working.

Ice
Ice's picture
Sounds good! It also sounds

Sounds good! It also sounds like a lot of work. ;) It'll be nice to have usable enchanted items in morrowind.

I'll download it now!

Thanks Seferoth!

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Thanks

Thanks, if there are any problems, just let me know. Now excuse me, i too have few dungeons to plunder ;)

Ice
Ice's picture
haha okay. ;D

haha okay. ;D

MrKWMonk
MrKWMonk's picture
Thank you for your efforts.

Thank you for your efforts.  Will check it out.

Would this be the sort of thing that gets merged into the base morroblivion esm?

Cheers

Ice
Ice's picture
I like that idea.

I like that idea. ;)

Leapchild
Leapchild's picture
I like the mod but the

I like the mod but the problem is still what thermador said. Enchanted items are way too powerful and they're worth way too much money. This needs to be fixed.

kodex
kodex's picture
Counting

If nobody can to count vars for every enchanted thing cause of Oh!blivion, I suppose that something like adding bad effects can be usable without any gameplay-breaking.

...or count only 5+2+1 +1 = 9 vars (each var for clothes {helm+cur+glvs+bts+pants}, 2 rings, 1 amulet, 1 weapon, which is already equipped ) - maximum of vars; we'll need them, if every item has casting type enchantment.

E.g.

1.  player equips SMTH
  2. menu shows: Do you want to activate SMTH? Y/N.  N: player will use item as non-enchanted.
  3. Y: How much POWER do you want to sacrifice for charging SMTH? (power of pretty/lesser/common/greater/grand soul gem)
  4. Var for player's SMTH grows for X, and he gives -1  pretty/lesser/common/greater/grand soul gem (only if he has got one)  (if the soul gem is an Azura's Star, nothing will work ) AND player gets the ability to cast spell X times. 
  5. Var becomes 0 after player drops his SMTH or put it back to the inventory.
  6. When var becames 0, goto 2.
scottius
scottius's picture
Hey, great work on the mod. I

Hey, great work on the mod. I have an issue though. It doesn't seem to be working for all items. Do you have any idea what it could be and what I could do to remedy it?