Pages

100 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ice
Ice's picture
[RELZ] Morroblivion World Space

We've done it! Here's the release of Morroblivion in Tamriel, a mod made for Morroblivion that allows you, yes you, to travel on foot from Cyrodiil to the Vvardenfell of Morroblivion! (See map)

Morroblivion in Tamriel.

Morroblivion in Tamriel Map

Mournhold in Tamriel

Pictures of mournhold found here.

Check the bottom of this thread to see how we're currently trying to improve it. (Like matching the your place in the two worlds more closely).

And yes, you walk North East over the mountains by Cheydenhall, over the heightmap of mainland morrowind, swim in the Inner Sea, hit a load screen when you get close to Vvardenfell, find yourself still in the sea, and swim to Seyda Neen in Morroblivion. You can enter and leave from any side, in either worldspace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long Description:

This mod allows you to walk and swim, or fast travel, from Cyrodiil to the Vvardenfell of Morroblivion. You can enter and leave from any side, in either world space.

I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THE GREAT WORK DONE ON 'MORROBLIVION' AND 'UNDER THE SIGN OF THE DRAGON TAMRIEL HEIGHTMAPS'.

How cool would it be if you could travel on foot/ horse to Morrowind? How cool would it be if you could walk say, from Cheydinhal, over the Morrowind hieghtmap, swim the channel, and arrive in Vvardenfell? How cool would it be to pop open your map and fast travel from Anvil straight to Balmora or Sadrith Mora? I usually swim to Solstheim instead of taking a boat my first trip (and then map fast travel from then on). It's cool to see it connected to Vvardenfell; it roots the game more in that world.

This mod does just that. Walk north east out of Cheydinhal. Keep walking. Over the mountains and through the Silgrad Tower area. Then into the Inner Sea, and BAM, you hit a load screen, right there in the water. BAM. You seem to be in the same place, but something feels different. You keep swimming north east and arrive in Seyda Neen. It's the living breathing Seyda Neen of Morroblivion. Congratulations, you just traveled all the way from Cyrodiil to Vvardenfell, on foot! And if that isn't enough, turn around and make the journey right back, or pass through Vvardenfell and keep traveling west. After that, you can fast travel from Tamriel, straight in to almost any of the main cities of Vvardenfell that you've found during your stay in Vvardenfell. (You will see two load screens, of course).

Basically, in techno-speak: Morroblivion's Vvardenfell (the island Morrowind took place on) is in its own world space, called 'wrldmorrowind'. When your in Cyrodiil, or walking around on the cool Tamriel Heightmaps, you're in the world space called 'tamriel'. When you get so close to the heightmap of Vvardenfell in the Tamriel world space, this mod teleports you to the equivalent area in the Morroblivion world space. And vice-versa. This allows you to be able to walk to and from Morroblivion's Morrowind, without moving the whole thing into another world space, which would cause countless problems.

The fast travel icons are just fast travel icons. They send you to a place in Tamriel that is lined up with that city in Morrowind. Then the script snatches you up and moves you to the Morrowind city. When you fast travel you'll load once, quickly see a glimpse of the Vvardenfell in Tamriel LOD, and then hit a second load screen as you move into Morrowind.

OPTIONAL MAP:

See Images. This optional file changes the Morroblivion world map so that you can see the land surrounding Vvardenfell. It combines the Standard map from my HD Morroblivion Maps (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38914) and Kiwi Hawk's Tamriel Map (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30875). It includes a texture file and an esp. It is the same quality as my Standard map, and should be used instead of my other map mods (because whichever map mod loads last will overwrite the others.) It is compatible with Dynamic Map.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TESTING GPS:

The Morroblivion in Tamriel GPS mod is for testing. It's independent of the main file and can be run with or without it. When run it gives you a GPS spell. When cast the spell tells you the players x, and y world positions in both Tamriel and Wrldmorrowind. It also allows you to teleport to those coordinates in the other world space. This is really nice for testing purposes and diagnostics. (It's how I made the fast travel icons.

Please contact me with any ideas you have to improve the mod or any bugs you find that can be directly traced to this mod. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION:

Have a working copy of Morroblivion. Make sure Tamriel Heightmap is installed. OBSE is used to make sure the weather doesn't change when you change worldspaces. Check the boxes for 'Tamriel.esp', 'Morrowind_ob.esm',  and 'Dynamic Map.esp' if you're using it. (If not make sure you have Kiwi Hawk's map installed!) Then Check the box for this mod, 'AK-Morroblivion in Tamriel.esp' and if you're using it "AK- Mournhold in Tamriel.esp".

Now, if you don't install Dynamic Map or Kiwi Hawks Tamriel Ingame Map (which is an optional file on the Tamriel Heightmaps' page), then when you leave Cyrodiil you'll just be off the world map and have no idea where you are. (Everything works fine if you can manage without a good worldmap, or have another world map that shows your location). I couldn't get Kiwi Hawk's map to work as a standalone, but Dynamic map features his map, and I got it to work through that. I highly recommend that.

Then, fire up that good ole game and walk north east. Go to Vvardenfell in the game, and you'll end up in the Morrowind we know and love. WOOT!

Fast Travel Icons:

You initially won't see any fast travel icons in Tamriel. This is to prevent people from traveling to cities they haven't found yet. To get them to show up, visit the city in Morrowind. You'll get a message saying "map marker added". The easiest way to do this is to fast travel to your cities in Morrowind. Then, next time you're in Tamriel you'll see your icons and be able to fast travel back to that city.

Ps. Please feel free to ask me any questions you have in the comments section, and if this made you smile, then endorse, or do something nice for someone you don't know, or for someone you do know.

UPDATING:

(This is a change list of sorts. Skip it unless you're interested).

Going from the Gamma to the Beta, I made some huge improvements. I put in a hefty number of hours aligning the coordinate system, incorporating 2 scaling systems and molding the shape of the teleport zones to more accurately surround the islands. I also worked to annotate the script 'akdistancetravelquestscript' so that if people wanted to look at it, it would make more sense.

In Gamma it was very easy to teleport onto land. In Beta you should always go from water to water. (Which is what you want, because it lends to a more seamless transition, instead of going from ocean to suddenly standing on a mountain...)

Shortly after releasing Beta, I realized I had created a teleport loop in one area, and figured out how to fix the zrot problem, so I went back to work, messed up, added another box, figured something out, etc. In the end I'm really happy with Beta2.

In Beta2 you can might be able to touch some outer banks of land around the Northern part of the map, and maybe touch Solstheim's outer banks, but other than that it should be near impossible to teleport and land on land, unless you're really trying to do so.

The new Main file adds fast travel icons to almost all of the main Morrowind cities. (Around 21 functioning icons) I didn't bother making multiple icons for groups of cities bunched together. EX: I just did the Sadrith Mora icon for: Sadrith Mora, Wolverine Hall, Tel Aruhn, and Tel Fyr. It was a lot of work, but I'm really happy with it!

Next I'm considering try to make some Border Icons so that you can fast travel out of Morrowind.

BUGS, INCOMPATABILITY, PROBLEMS, CONTAGIOUS DISEASES, ETC.

Occasionally the second load screen will come too quickly and the game may freeze on the load screen. Just another reason why it's always smart to save often, especially when you're changing cells TWICE in a short period of time.

The Fast travel icons don't perfectly match up with the map. This is because the icons line up with the icons in Morrowind. The maps are different scales and at this point there's nothing I can do about it.

Morroblivion doesn't have lod from the Tamriel mod, so as you swim away from Vvardenfell it many times looks like you're going nowhere. If you persevere however, you'll freeze for a second, hit a load screen, and then be able to see both where you came from, and where you're going. :D

Also, at this point it seems like not all of the cells in Morroblivion that should have water actually do. Please pretend. There are some places that you'll swim to in the air. It happens if you swim from Vvardenfell to Solstheim. Don't worry, just keep swimming…..

REQUIREMENTS:

Morroblivion:

http://morroblivion.com/

Tamriel Heightmap:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27235

OBSE (To keep weather the same):

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37952

Dynamic Map (not required, but HIGHLY suggested):

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35969

Edited by: Ice on 09/21/2011 - 10:22
brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
I suggested this

I suggested this a long time ago. This would take forever to do and i dont know if it is even possible.

Ice
Ice's picture
I wonder if its possible

I wonder if its possible myself. Why would it take forever though? Would we have to move everything cell by cell or something? I also wondered if someone else had suggested this before, you'd think it would have been. How did people react when you asked it?

Theramalse
Theramalse's picture
For one thing, Vaardenfell

For one thing, Vaardenfell may not even be small enough to fit in its designated space on that map. And yes you would have to move certain cells one by one not to mention how many potential glitches would spring up if it was moved to a new place with all the quest references pointing to the old locations. A lot of quests would have to be debugged all over again and/or redone completely after this kind of move. Maybe one day when its finished some devoted modders from this group or another will try this idea (And maybe make it work) but for now it isn't an option.

Ice
Ice's picture
Ick. And other things.

Sounds terrible! So that answer's my question, it is possible. And yet, not possible. Perhaps when this gets done and they're doing a Morrowind and Oblivion mod for Skyrim, then it will happen, lol. Oh well. Good to know. Sure would have been sweet though.

Though I think a workaround would be possible, by surrounding the vvardenfell world area in the Tamerial Heightmaps mod with automatic load doors (that are invisible), we could send the player to the morroblivion world, and then back again. This would still take a lot of doing, and I don't think it'd be wise to put it in the esm, but its doable, I think. 

--------------

Here's my idea. We make an invisible wall that surrounds the outside of morroblivion's world wrldmorrowind. We then wall in vvardenfell in the tamriel world of the hieghtmap mod. When a player walks into the wall, a script triggers. The script grabs the place they are, and then moves them to the same place in the other world (but inside or outside the wall). This would mean that you would see vardenfell in the distance, and when you got closer, the real morro-vardenfell would show up, just like loading distant lod. Plus no cells are actually beeing moved. It isn't as perfect as just straight walking there, but it would root the island in the game. Plus, if we script it right, then we would need only one script, and then we could make a big collision box and hopefully wall in the place pretty quick.

Here's my script thus far. It works/functions, but it needs some things figured out. I'd love any help or ideas anyone has:

1) it needs to use the homecell to place the player in the right cell on the other side of the wall.

- worst case scenario, we list every cell and say 'if player.getincell x' then 'set cell to x', but I'd like a more efficient way of doing that.

2) it needs the coordinates to be synchronized between the two sides of the wall (at least roughly; no need to be close to perfect).

- we're getting x y z positions in that world (or cell? I need to test), but the morro coordinates are going to be much different than the north east coordinates of tamriel. However, I think that if we aligned the cells, then we could position the player at the same place in both cells, makeing #1 the important problem here.

3) I have no idea how to find the cells that need edited. I figure I could just travel in the editor in the right direction.... but that isn't working out. I need to understand a better way to navigate to the cells we would want to add transport boxes to.

*script removed

Ice
Ice's picture
I'm currently looking for a

I'm currently looking for a way to print stuff to a message box.

I want to make a script that will get my position in tameriel, move me to morrowind, and then give me both positions in a message box. With this I could align the two positions using math. Then I would be able to make the box that when you hit it in tamerial, moves you to the same place in morrowind. Any Ideas?

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
Is this or this any

Is this or this any good?

Also, the list of all functions is here, and the contents list looks to be a good jump-off point...

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
In a bit more

In a bit more detail...

MessageBox "X:% .4f Y:% .4f Z:% .4f", x, y, z, "Close"

If I'm reading the documentation right, the above should display:
X: 1234.5678 Y: 1234.5678 Z: 1234.5678

The % .4f means show a variable formatted with a space in front of the number and with 4 numbers after the decimal point (have quickly checked in the CS and that's how it looks like XYZ co-ordinates are formatted).

After the closing double quote, you list the variables in order, then provide a list of buttons (which can be used later in the script if required).

I'm no expert, but that's what it looks like to me - am sure someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I've got it wrong ;)

Good luck!

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
Thinking about it... let's

Thinking about it... let's say you want both positions to output to a message box after you move... you'd need to store the first location in one set of variables, e.g. origincoordx, origincoordy, origincoordz, then have a second set for the second position. That's assuming using local variables in the same script.

If on the other hand you made one script that simply stores the x, y, z position until later, you'd need to use a global variable.

If you wanted to move the player to a set of co-ordinates stored in the variables, I'm guessing setPos would work, see also here. I imagine this working something like:

player.setPos x destcoordx
player.setPos y destcoordy
player.setPos z destcoordz

Edit: Having re-read the code posted above, I'm guessing you know most of this already; if so, my apologies, I appear to be being obvious... put it down to the late (or rather, early) hour! ;)

Ice
Ice's picture
Thanks!

Dude, You definatly know more than myself. So I didn't get a chance to read this until I solved my issue (I think). Otherwise you probably would have saved me some time. I'm really excited. I got it to work.

I'm going to upload the esp. In shetcombe farm there is a sign for anvil on a dresser. Activating you gives you a spell called 'gps' that when cast shows a message box that shows you your current position in tamriel or Morrowind. 

Then, I modified a killbox so that when you trigger it, it moves you from tamriel to morrowind by adjusting your world coordinates based on a comparison I made in the two places with the spell. Its testable. Grab the spell at Shetcombe, and if you have the tamriel heightmap installed, walk to 'h' in Velothi Mountains. You'll trigger a map marker called 'Morrowind Border'. By the marker there should be a single tree. Touching the tree (there is an invisible box there) will load you into morrowind.

I plan on updating the script (just the opposite math) so that you can travel back from morrowind to cyrodiil. I am also going to tweak the math so that you start and end in the ocean, instead of on land at the edge of the ocean.

Then comes the hard part. I'm going to make a bigger collision box, and then put enough of them in the ocean that they make a wall that nearly surrounds vvardenfel (in the tamreil worldspace) and then do the same for the outer edges of wrldmorrowind. That will probably take forever. 

Hewhowatches: You seem to have a mastery of scripting, much higher knowledge than my own. I'd love anyone's help dropping these boxes down, once I've made a nif file, but I'd also love any advice you have on makeing my scripts better, cleaner etc. Thanks for your time man!

Ice
Ice's picture
The Concept Map

here is a map showing where I want to place the boxes that load the other worldspace, along with a red x wehre the testing tree and map marker are. It's really big and looked anoying on the site, so I zipped it.

At this point my two biggest concerns are the time it would take to drop all the boxes (along with clumsy world navigation), and keeping the script from telying the player to the wrong side of the wall...

I'm not good at laying these boxes down, at least not good enough. The box is a modified (just huge) version of the killbox nif. They're nice and big, but when you zoom out, it wants to load other cells and I find it hard to make a nice line of these boxes without losing my place... Any tips are welcome!

I've made a tree in by the start of the tamriel wall called aktree and a bush on the morro side called akbush. You can findtext and type those two things in, then click on the ref, to go to them in the cs.

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
Quote:Hewhowatches: You seem

Quote:

Hewhowatches: You seem to have a mastery of scripting

Lol, I'm afraid not... :D

I can follow the logic of a lot of the scripts having done some programming before but the rest I just work out as I go. A scripting guru I am most certainly not! But thank you for the compliment, it's always nice to be appreciated...

I did have a thought though... In my various browsings, I found this page. The interesting bit is:

Quote:

For outdoors, it's a little trickier: scn ScriptName float playerx float playery Begin OnActivate set playerx to player.getpos x set playery to player.getpos y If (player.GetInWorldspace WorldspaceName) && ((playerx > lowerxboundry) && (playerx < upperxboundry)) && ((playery > lowerybondry) && (playery < upperyboundry)) player.PlaceAtMe OtherItem, count, distance, direction else Messagebox "You are not in the right area" endif end

Use lower/upperxboundry and lower/upperyboundry to set restrictions on where in the worldspace the player needs to stand. - 08:36, 9 April 2006 (EDT)

Here's my theory... If you know where the boundaries are in terms of worldspace x/y co-ordinates, you can probably have a script look at the current player co-ordinates and work out if they fall within that region. Looking at the CS trying to work out where the borders are looks to be a bit of a pain, so not sure how easy this will be to do. If the border was a straight line, I'd imagine pretty easy.

I'm willing to bet it isn't a straight line though... Nothing's ever easy ;)

I had a look at World > Regions > Tamriel > CyrodiilBorderRegion but couldn't even be sure if that was the right place to be looking and couldn't really make much sense of it, even after googling around for a while. It would help if I knew more about how the border system worked :(

Ice
Ice's picture
Okay, this upper boundry,

Okay, this upper boundry, lower boundry stuff is going to really help keep the character inside (or outside) of the 'walls'.  I think I get it. Thanks!

This border stuff is going to be harder. After talking with David, I'm set on not dropping a million boxes to make a wall. That would take too much time. I want to do a get distance type of thing. And if get distance works, maybe we wouldn't have to worry about the borders. (THough we'd still need to use the boundries to keep people from tellying half way across the world, or tellying outside a worldspace....)

I tried to make an activator that had a script attatched that sent you to the other worldspace when you got so close to it. To work, you needed to be in its cell, which meant I'd have to edit every cell again.

So then I thought, what I could do is make a reference point, say in the center of vvardenfell in both worldspaces. Then attatch the script to the player (through an item or quest). We make the reference point a persistant ref. The script says, if player is getdistance < x to the reference point, telly him to the other worldspace.

Right now I made a quest, because it would be nice if the player didn't need to have an item for this to work. I attatched the script that starts gamemode and tellys the player to morrowind to the quest. 

I think that the script won't telly you from say shetcombe or anvil because with the math it would telly you into a cell that doesn't exist, so it just doesn't telly you. If that's the case we don't need to worry about borders or get distance to telly into morrowind. However, Tellying out Will be different.

I'll upload the esp so you can check it out. Just slap on the mod and run toward vvardenfell. When you get close enough you should hit a load screen and end up in wrldmorrowind. Don't worry about missing mesh files, I'm not using them anymore, if this works out I'll redo a clean esp without all the testing junk. ;)

Next we need to refine the math so that you telly from water, into water, instead of from land to water. (I think that means I just want to subtract a smaller number of units, so that you have to be further out in the water to get tellyed to the same place in morrowind).

Then, here's a problem for you HeWhoWatches, whenever I telly into wrldmorrowind, I end up on the land, underneath the ocean. This matters not whether z is a variable or a constant. Any ideas?

I'd also like to work on a buffer zone that warns you that you are about to load, so that poeple like David (and sometimes me), have a chance to save first. However, this would mean we'd need to do a getdistance for going into wrldmorrowind, which would mean another ref point.

After all that we need to make it so that you can telly back out from wrldmorrowind to tamriel. We need to do math so that you telly far enough away that you don't just telly right back. I think this is where we will make the quest script have a reference point in the middle of vvardenfell, and the script will activate when player.getdistance ref >= some large number. This will be the trickyest part...

Man that was a lot, my head is spinning. Hopefully this all wasn't too confusing.

ps. All the stuff I do in mods always starts with AK so you can search / find stuff real quick like.

Ice
Ice's picture
I'm going to update the math

I'm going to update the math so that you telly from the ocean, to the ocean. Since the script won't telly you unless it has a place to telly to, it makes the perfect border for going into morro. With some slight updates, going into Morro should work perfectly!

For now, I'm going to have to forget about a warnning for teleporting, You just have to know you may telly in the ocean with this mod, at least for now... :(

For coming out of Morroind: THis is the kicker. If we use get distance, we would need to do 3 refs and something like

if player.getdistance ref1 > 200 && player.getdistance ref3 > 200 &&  player.getdistance ref3 > 200

telly player.

See the concept map, the get distance would be represented by the circles.

BUT If we use your border idea. Then perhaps we could make a script that says:

If (player.GetInWorldspace wrldmorrowind)

&& ((playerx > lowerxboundry) && (playerx < upperxboundry))

&& ((playery > lowerybondry) && (playery < upperyboundry))

Return

else telly player.

The border idea is represented by the box on the new concept map. I really like this idea. I think using 3 ref points and get distance would probably be cruddy.

All we have to do is figure out the coordinates of the box. I'm going to try this on my own, but I'm not sure how to figure this out. 

I think I'll take my character in game and use GPS North West of Solsthiem and South East of Tel Branor and Azura's Coast.

This could really work. YAY!

Once I've worked on it, if I figure it out, I'll post an updated script and/or esp file.

Ice
Ice's picture
Nearly Working

Okay. I'm really close. Telaporting in works perfectly, as perfectly as we could hope. It roughly matches your coordinates, and if you would telly into a telly out zone, then it moves you further in until your safe. It works well.

Tellying out I'm having trouble with. You seem to always telly out, right into a telly in zone. I keep pushing you further out, but I'm not seeing much effect. I think that something is seriously wrong here. I can telaport to an x coordinate of anvil, and then the script sucks me back into morrowind. I can't figure it out....

Other than that almost everything works as well as one could hope for. The only other thing is that sometimes the weather doesn't match, even though it is supposed to.

Any tips or advice would be greatly apprecaited! Thanks!

ps. Any idea how to post the script in a way that isn't so.... painfully long?

EDIT: I removed the script for sanity's sake.....

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
If you edit the posts without

If you edit the posts without rich text, you can use the HTML PRE tag, like so:

scn akdistancetravelquestscript short x short y short z short zrot ;ref cell ref weather begin gamemode player.addspell akspelllocate ;TELEPORT IN if player.getinworldspace tamriel == 1 set x to player.getpos x set y to player.getpos y set z to player.getpos z ;set zrot to 0 set weather to Getcurrentweatherid ;These are references of the difference in coordinates ;needed to match the position in the two worlds. ;They can be adjusted to teleport closer or further from Morrowind. ;Older -farther away ;x- 300147 ;y- 309191 ;z- 529 ;closer to heightmap island ;x- 346526 ;y- 282717 ;closer to heightmap island and further from Morro Island ;x- 512090 ;y- 288804 set x to x - 512090 set y to y - 282717 ;set z to z - 529 ;set z to -5 ;This section checks the updated x and y coordinates. ;If player is teleporting into the out of bounds, it nudges them in bounds. If (x < -221053) set x to -220053 elseif (x > 186182) set x to 186082 elseif (y < -129835) set y to -129735 elseif (y > 228068) set y to 227068 endif ;message "Teleporting In....." player.positionworld x, y, z, zrot, wrldmorrowind forceweather weather ;TELEPORT OUT elseif player.getinworldspace wrldmorrowind == 1 If(player.getpos x < -221053) || (player.getpos x > 186182) || (player.getpos y < -129835) || (player.getpos y > 228068) set x to player.getpos x set y to player.getpos y set z to player.getpos z ;set zrot to 0 set weather to Getcurrentweatherid ;If teleporting out does the equal and opposite of teleporting in, ;you get a teleport loop. ;We must push the player further out, so that he must turn around ;to come back in. ;Plus, we must compensate for what the box has cut off. ;if x >0 then player is leaving to the right. Add higher x numbers ;to push further right. if x >= 186182 set x to x + 1000 elseif x <= -221053 set x to x - 200000 elseif y >= 228068 set y to y + 1000 elseif y <= -129835 set y to y - 1000 endif set x to x + 512090 set y to y + 282717 ;message "Teleporting Out....." ;make a boundry box around Vvardenfell in Tamriel. ;Then update coordinates in here.- More testing makes this unneeded ;This section checks the updated x and y coordinates. ;If the coordinates are not outside the Vvardenfell worldspace, ;this moves them closer to the nearest edge until they are. ; label ; If (x > -221053) && (x < 186182) && (y < -129835) && (y > 228068) ; If (x > -221053) && (x < 186182) ; if (186182 - x) < (221053 + x) ; set x to x + 100 ; else ; set x to x -100 ; ; endif ; elseif (y < -129835) && (y > 228068) ; if (228068 -y) < (129835 +y) ; set y to y + 100 ; else ; set y to y - 100 ; endif ; goto ; endif ; endif player.positionworld x, y, z, zrot, tamriel forceweather weather endif endif end

It won't look right without removing all the blank lines though... Also I've reformatted the above just to indent the IF statements for easier reading ;)

Good job! I've got to get ready for work but I'll have a more in depth look tonight.

Ice
Ice's picture
Thanks. I'm going to try that

Thanks. I'm going to try that out. So I ended up working really late last night on this, and then got up and worked on it today. At this point it functions really well. I'd like to eliminate telaporting to underwater: every now and again I'm at the bottom of the ocean, regardless with what I do with the z variable. The two vvardenfells are different sizes, with morroblivion being much larger. I'd like to figure out the scale so I could scale the math of the telaport, which would make the mod a lot cleaner. I made it so that you have to be swimming to teleport in, so that you don't telaport while in silgrad tower. I also adjusted manually the telaport out values so you teleported further away from the island. It's sloppy, but it works well. Take a look at the esp and see what you think. Lets try this script thing out. scn akdistancetravelquestscript short x short y short z short zrot ;ref cell ref weather begin gamemode player.addspell akspelllocate ;TELEPORT IN if player.getinworldspace tamriel == 1 set x to player.getpos x set y to player.getpos y set z to player.getpos z ;set zrot to 0 ;These are references of the difference in coordinates needed to match the position in the two worlds. ;They can be adjusted to telly closer or further from Morrowind. ;Older -farther away ;x- 300147 ;y- 309191 ;z- 529 ;closer to hieghtmap island ;x- 346526 ;y- 282717 ;closer to hieghtmap island and further from Morro Island ;x- 512090 ;y- 288804 set x to x - 300147 set y to y - 309191 ;set z to z - 529 set z to -5 If (x > -221053) && (x < 186182) && (y < 228068) && (y > -129835) if player.isswimming == 1 ;message "Teleporting In....." player.positionworld x, y, z, zrot, wrldmorrowind forceweather weather ;message "teleported in" endif else ;message "not close enough!" endif ;TELEPORT OUT elseif player.getinworldspace wrldmorrowind == 1 If(player.getpos x < -221053) || (player.getpos x > 186182) || (player.getpos y < -129835) || (player.getpos y > 228068) set x to player.getpos x set y to player.getpos y set z to player.getpos z ;set zrot to 0 set weather to Getcurrentweatherid ;If tellying out does the equal and opposite of tellying in, you get a telly loop. ;We must push the player further out, so that he must turn around to come back in. ;Plus, we must compensate for what the box has cut off. ;if x >0 then player is leaving to the right. Add higher x numbers to push further right. if x >= 186182 set x to x + 16214 elseif x <= -221053 ;if you leave to the left, and you'd end up deep in silgrad tower, this moves you closer to the morrowind border. if y <= 80276 set x to x + 116021 endif elseif y >= 228068 set y to y + 10 elseif y <= -129835 set y to y - 2000 endif set x to x + 300147 set y to y + 309191 set z to -5 ;message "Tellying Out....." player.positionworld x, y, z, zrot, tamriel forceweather weather endif ;elseIf (x > 233812) && (x < 501058) && (y < 470084) && (y > 146479) ;message "reseting" endif end ------------ Sweet. So it isn't perfect, and I think we could improve it, but it works, and before it was considered by us to be impossible, so that's something :D I think the biggest next step is to get a scaling factor to compensate for the different sizes (I think we're just going to have to bite the bullet on the different shapes, solsthiem being in different places and all that). At the moment I can't think of any way to actually figure out the scale factor... Thanks for your help man! Oh, and the script looks a ton better! Though, I couldn't seem to get the indents right... oh well :) Thanks!

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
I like the idea of

I like the idea of mathematically scaling the destination co-ordinates ;) I did't get a chance to try this out yesterday evening, so got up a bit early to do some testing but I've noticed the esp need the master files Tamriel.esp and TWMP_Morrowind.esp - neither of which I have! Which mods provide these master files? I'm probably being stupid here aren't I? It's early and I don't like mornings ;)

Ice
Ice's picture
Haha. I appreciate you get up

Haha. I appreciate you get up early to test! Sorry about that. The mod that has those esps is here:  http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27235 and Then I use The elven world style map part of Dynamic Map found here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35969. You don't need dynamic map to test it, but its nice because it allows you to see where you are on a world map instead of just being waaay off of Cyrodiil.

I don't like mornings either. :) Good luck!

Theramalse
Theramalse's picture
just in case

I feel I should point out for those who don't know, That Morrowind takes place in Vaardenfell, An island in the middle of a lake at the top of the actual country of morrowind in the game, So if this project is to work, somone has to design the rest of morrowind around the isle of vaardenfell or completely eliminate any part of it that isn't morrowind.

Ice
Ice's picture
I'm not sure I understand

I'm not sure I understand you.

The esp Tamriel includes the hieghtmaps for Vvardenfell and the rest of morrowind. When you add my mod on top of it, then what you have is this: You walk out of Cyrodiil heading north east. You go through morrowind's mainland, which is empty heightmap plus some trees. Then you cross an ocean toward the empty heightmap of vvardenfell. When you almost get to Vvardenfells heightmap, this mod moves you into the ocean surrounding vvardenfell, in wrldmorrowind.

So if you're using all the right files, then you cross morrowind's mainland to get to vvardenfell. So the land around vvardenfell is there in tamriel, and if you leave morroblivion's island too far behind you, then you see the rest of morrowind. So it is there.... Is that what you're saying?

Theramalse
Theramalse's picture
It doesn't matter if you

It doesn't matter if you understand my post I suppose, Your post proves you already understand everything that I was trying to explain. I just wanted to make sure this project was in capable hands.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Nice

Great work guys.  iceburg, can you edit the first post of this thread and put together some instructions and download links so that people can start testing this?  It doesn't have to be as long as the first post for my CAT mod, but some instructions and links would be helpful.

PS I fixed the map link in the first post so that it shows up in the thread.

Ice
Ice's picture
I'd be glad to get on it! I

I'd be glad to get on it! I should have that done by tommorrow, unless I get to it tonight.

Thanks!

ps. I noticed the map looked, well, there. Thanks!

Edit: Theramalse: hey thanks. I didn't see your post there before. Cool. I'm still not sure what we were talking about there, but I'm glad you think this mod is in good (albeit confused) hands! :D

Knots
Knots's picture
Would be interesting to see

Would be interesting to see Tamriel Rebuilt put into Oblivion's worldspace as well.  TR's vision for the Veloth Mountains is far more interesting than any of the "Morrowind" mods out there currently for Oblivion are; for example, there is a large region of what is known as Ash Swamps at the foot of the mountains that create the border with skyrim.  TR has fleshed out Mainland Morrowind in an interesting and lore correct way that avoids the dumb sameness that made Cyrodil boring to explore in Oblivion.

Obviously the TR content would need to be run through the converter which has been done before.  Currently you can get what is pictured here plus the region to the west of the river in the lower left side of the following large image (it's the alpha release of Map 4 which you can get here.

Here's a fairly recent map of the internal version of TR.  Not all of what is shown in this screen is released.  Obviously, this was taken in TES3, not TES4.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
TR
I actualy converted the TR on the begining with the converter but never tryed it out.
Ice
Ice's picture
Daaang. If Ashlander or

Daaang. If Ashlander or someone converted it, I'd be happy to donate my script, and also work toward making it work. Remember, we arn't actually moving world spaces, but teleporting a player to a different worldspace when he aproaches that area in his current worldspace. 

Man, that looks really really nice. And then we could cut out the heightmaps (though I'd still play with them because I think they are cool, just not in that area.)

My question is, how hard would it be to convert the map? Because converting Morrowind has been a huge endevour; if this would be as big a thing, we probably want to wait until Morrowind is nearly done..

Let me know what you guys think!

Ice
Ice's picture
So I've updated the file.

So I've updated the file. It's undergone HUGE improvements, as I put in some hefty hours aligning the coordinate system, incorporating 2 scaling systems and molding the shape of the teleport zones to more accurately surround the islands. I also worked to annotate the script ‘akdistancetravelquestscript’ so that if people wanted to look at it, it would make more sense.

Plus I'd love advice and feedback. I've tested from all the sides, but it's such a big island that I could really use people testing it to make sure you don't ever teleport and land on, er, land. The idea is an as seamless as possible water to water transition. I think I've got that in the new Beta.

Thanks guys! 

EDIT: Shortly after releasing Beta, I realized I had created a teleport loop in one area, and figured out how to fix the zrot problem, so I went back to work, messed up, added another box, figured something out, etc. In the end Im really happy with Beta2.

In Beta2 you can might be able to touch some outer banks of land around the Northern part of the map, and maybe touch Solstheims outer banks, but other than that it should be near impossible to teleport and land on land, unless youre really trying to do so.

onra
onra's picture
if tamriel rebuilt would be

if tamriel rebuilt would be included you would have to place your trigger boxes along the Velothi and Valus mouintains as well as the Black Marsh/Morrowind border

...would maybe even be better :-)

so far basic regions for Summerset, Valenwood and Black Marsh have been released for the tamriel heightmap and it should be no problem to edit for example black Marsh in such a way that we get a nice transition

cheers

Ice
Ice's picture
Onra, You're talking about

Onra, You're talking about map packs that were released from TR for Morrowind right?

It's cool to see you on the Morroblivion site. Man this place has all the big names! :D

While origionally I put trigger boxes, I moved away from that. (i'd have to place like a million of them, lol) :) Now the mod runs based on a sort of get distance. I aligned two points from the seperate worlds and made a conversion formula. Then, when the player gets close enough that he could be teleported into the right place in the opposite world space he goes. For a while I also made it so that he had to be swiming to teleport in. We could return that so that he doesn't teleport on the land if the packs change the size of the land at all, but hopefully we'll be fine and it will work the same, you leave the TR area heading toward vvardenfell and teleport correctly.

EDIT: Oh darn, I totally misunderstood you there. I was reading Morrowind and understanding 'vvardenfell'. So do/would the tamriel rebuilt maps be in Tamriel worldspace or would they have their own world space. If they are in Tamriel we'd have no problem, but if they're in they're own, then we'd "have to place your trigger boxes along the Velothi and Valus mouintains as well as the Black Marsh/Morrowind border". Now that makes more sense.

...It would be cool. :D

So I have no idea how to convert, but if anyone wants to get me the mods, I'll get right on adapting the script (possibly makeing seperate esp's based on what other esp's people want to use).

If the TR maps are in the Tamriel World Space its possible that since this is just a script, it won't need to be updated with other esps to work with them...

Woot!

How much work is it to convert those files, and if we convert it, would we have to do everything like we have to do on Morroblivion?

I think our best step right now is to figure out if we can take ships through the script, and maybe add some LOD of the sourounding area to Morroblivion. (Of course better Lod going into Vvardenfell from Tamriel would also be sweet.) :) 

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Help!

I tried to install under the sign of the dragon Tamriel heightmaps, my distant textures are now all patches of different colors like purple, green, black etc. I tried unchecking the esps in the mod list. I know how to open bsas but i dont know what textures to extract out of them. And also when i approach the strange colors they go back to normal.

Ice
Ice's picture
Alright, this isn't my

Alright, this isn't my expertees (how do you spell that...) but I'll give it a try.

It sounds like your distant lod files arn't working. Did you download both of the main files here?: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27235

You need the esp, but you also need the distant lod rescourse files. ;) I think that should fix your problem; let me know. :)

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Think i did

I think I downloaded those. I will try it again. Also where it tells me the load order, it names esps that I dont have and the downloads do not contain.

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Help again

I fixed it by replacing the files with those from the bsa, but now i have encountered a new problem. All custom npcs say I HAVE NO GREETING, And the custom npcs with voiced dialouge say "the boy stares at yours, but quickly returns to his work" Idk what that means. I think it has to do with OBMM. I updated my invalidation like the heightmap mod said, and i changed my load order around like it said.

Ice
Ice's picture
Hope this helps!

okay, lets take a look at this. Lets make sure we get the heightmaps working, then we'll look at installing my mod.

First go to the heightmaps page, here:

Then download the two main files:

Tamriel Heightmap LOD Resources

Tamriel heightmap V_3_3

The Lod Rescourses doesn't have any esps, It contains the hills and land that you see far away. It is installed by just copying the folder to the right place. Tamriel Heightmap_v 3.3 is the only esp you need to run. I believe it unpacks to be Tamriel.esp.

Bam. Installation should be done. That was a really basic summary of the installation, but it gives us a starting point. Onra also gives more detailed instlal instructions on the download page, but  you've seen those... You may want to just run through reading them again unless you missed a step or did something silly. 

Okay, this second problem is pretty common I think. I helped a buddy install oblivion on his new laptop. We copyed one of my (heavily modded) saves over to his computer to test the game out. Everyone told him 'I have no greeting'. (I've never heard about the boy, that's kind of creepy...)

Turns out that the no greeting thing was caused because my character was a custom race. Since we didn't have that race's mod installed on my buddy's laptop, oblivion freaked out and didn't know what to say to a non-existant race.

I guess this is REALLY common. If you google 'oblivion I " its enough for google to auto guess you are haveing this problem! Yikes!

at:  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Glitches#I_HAVE_NO_GREETING.21 it says:  This bug appears whenever an NPC does not have any available dialogue in that situation; in particular, it occurs with the Shivering Isles if an NPC has no Shivering Isles-specific dialogue or if a Shivering Isles NPC is brought to Cyrodiil.

Check out your situation in comparison to the explanation at the above site. If that doesn’t fix it, then describe where you are/ what race/ general mods your using and I’ll look at it with you.

For my friend, we stopped using the problem save, though if he had wanted the mod, he probably could have solved the problem just as easily by installing the mod.

I feel like I’ve given you mostly redundant info, but hopefully something will help, or it will help you help me help us all. :D Let me know!

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Fixed
Thanks for your feedback. Strangely the problem was obmm and shivering isles and also unofficial patches. Stranger the fix was simply going into si and going back to cyrodill. I did some searching around and that's what I came up with and it actually worked!
Ice
Ice's picture
Sweet!

Sweet! :D

Ice
Ice's picture
An idea with map markers

I thought it would really be cool if I could add map markers in the morroblivion worldspace that would show up on your tamriel map and vis-versa. So for instance you could fast travel from anvil straight into seyda neen. 

You obviously can put a map marker in a seperate world space and travel to it / it show up on your map, because you can travel to 'anvil castle' from skingrad or the wilderness, even though these are seperate worldspaces. I think this is accomplished because the world spaces have the same parant worldspace, being Tamriel.

1) If I change WrldMorrowind to have a parant worldspace, will that jack things up? I assume it would, but can't figure out how it would. Would it still have its own map?

2) Any idea how else I could do this?

No big deal if this doesn't work, but it would be neat.

Thanks guys!

Vivec
Vivec's picture
Bump
Bump
Ice
Ice's picture
Noob question:What does it

Noob question:

What does it mean when people make posts that say "Bump"?

Thanks

;)

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
Bump

Bump is used by people to try and get attention... usually it's because they have asked a question and received no response. When they add a new event it pushes their post to the top of the list - on this forum that would make it more visible on the Active forum threads to the right.

That said, am not sure what Vivec is referring to as I cannot see any unanswered question...? :D

Ice
Ice's picture
Sweet, thanks HeWhoWatches.

Sweet, thanks HeWhoWatches. That makes sense.

I think Vivec is helping me out with my questions:

"1) If I change WrldMorrowind to have a parant worldspace, will that jack things up? I assume it would, but can't figure out how it would. Would it still have its own map?

2) Any idea how else I could do this?"

;)

Vivec
Vivec's picture
I was but remember that
I was but remember that people use Bump to get threads they like or support to the top of the list so more people will read it.
Ice
Ice's picture
Thanks Vivec!

Thanks Vivec!

:D

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
Not sure it'll work

Ah, I understand now! I've never come across bump being used in that way, very interesting ;)

From: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Category:Worl...

Worldspaces can share landscape with a Parent worldspace (for example, all the city worldspaces in Oblivion have Tamriel as a parent), or they can use an entirely different landscape (for example, all the Oblivion Gate worldspaces).

Sharable Data: The following fields are only available if this worldspace has no Parent.

Climate: Select the Climate for this worldspace.
    Water: Select the Water Type used in this worldspace.
    Map Data: If you want a custom world map, select the DDS file here.
    Usable Dimensions: Set the limits of the playable area of the worldspace (NW corner to SE corner).

Parent Worldspace: If you select NONE, the worldspace will have its own, editable landscape. Otherwise, this worldspace will use the landscape of its parent.

There's also a post here that states:

I believe that when you make a worldspace a child of another worldspace, the child immediately loses it's landscape data (height, texture, vertex color) in favor of the parent worldspace. In essence, the child worldspace starts using the parent landscape data, so any changes you make to the landscape in the child worldspace also affects the landscape in the parent worldspace.

In answer to question 1, am guessing that one problem would be the custom world map... but it is an uneducated guess! Also I don't like the sound of the child workspace suddenly using the parent landscape data... Would you be looking to make Tamriel the parent worldspace or something else?

I'm afraid I have no answer for question 2... :(

Like the idea, but I'm not sure it can be done given the limitations of the engine... you need the advice of a seasoned modder my friend!

Ice
Ice's picture
I'd consider you at the very

I'd consider you at the very least a seasoned information researcher....

Okay, so it sounds like we can't go the route of parant - child. This explains why cities maintain the main world map and why when better cities has a seperate world map for the IC, you can't fast travel there....

That means we need to do scripted travel instead of fast travel (which is what this mod does).

Is there anyway to add a map marker to your world map and assign a script to it so that when its clicked it executes a script (like moving you to a location)? In essence we could create a fake fast travel marker. Though, I've never heard of something like this before...

Alright, thanks for the info!

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
Is there anyway to add a map

Is there anyway to add a map marker to your world map and assign a script to it so that when its clicked it executes a script (like moving you to a location)?

I've had a look around and I don't think so... best I can suggest is an object that is added to the player inventory by the esp like a 'travel guide' or something... horrible and lame, but I cannot find any example of anyone who has done what you suggest... In particular, I checked out Silgrad Tower forums, as they have obvious experience with different world spaces... the impression I got was that they use a scroll object as a teleport spell.

From what I can see in the editor, you can't select a different worldspace for a map marker. It looks like the usual drill is to move the player to a map marker, then they have to go through a door or portal to change to a new worldspace. Hence I reckon you can only do this by interacting with an object (for example, Xmarker / Xmarkerheading), which sucks but I don't see any way around it.

Though it does occur to me you could do some fancy scripting to set variables when you first travel to a new location in a different worldspace and have the script tied to your 'travel guide' only show places you have been before (based on the values stored in those variables).

Yes, it's nasty and hacky... I just can't find any other way of doing this :(

Ice
Ice's picture
HeWhoWatches: Check out the

HeWhoWatches: Check out the way you travel to inner city gates from the wilderness of Cyrodiil. One second your at an alyied ruin near anvil, and then you fast travel to "Bravil Castle Gate" and your in Bravil worldspace. So you can fast travel to different worldspaces, but I think they have to be children worldspaces.... :/

Ya, we could do a travel book, but we might as well just use World Transport mods or recall spells at that point....

I like the idea of those variables. It would be pretty easy to just do:

if getdistance (seyda neen map marker) 

set seydaneenfound to 1

And then if seydaneenfound == 1

you can travel there.

---------

If we made a custom map (that had 'built in' map markers as part of the map texture), is it possible that we could create an artificial map marker?

begin menumode

if (get mouse pointer coordinates) == (the location of the built in map marker) && player clicks mouse

run transport script.

Obviously I'm using a lot of made up functions, but its an idea.

It might also be fun to mess with the map textures so that you can see the other parts of morrowind on your Morroblivion Map / see the Morroblivion version of Vvardenfell on your tamriel world map...

Check it out: The first map is the Standard Map from my HD map mod. The second image adds the land that surrounds vvardenfell to the map. It's not super well done, but it would be playable and is fun to see. I may make it an optional file for Morroblivion in Tamriel.

I have fun figuring this stuff out with you HeWhoWatches; thanks for your ideas. :D

Ice
Ice's picture
I made the map into an

I made the map into an optional file for Morroblivion in Tamriel. Here's what the map looks like:

HeWhoWatches
HeWhoWatches's picture
Maps look nice!You're welcome

Maps look nice!

You're welcome sir, I'm not sure I did much apart from a bit of web research, but thanks ;)

If we made a custom map (that had 'built in' map markers as part of the map texture), is it possible that we could create an artificial map marker?

Not sure... the functions list page really doesn't have much relating to 'map' or 'marker' on it so I would have to guess not... I like the idea with the mouse co-ordinates but even if that were technically possible would it work given that different people would be using different monitor resolutions?

Here's another alternative idea:

• You find the point that is closest to where the two world spaces are supposed to join, and put a map marker there in the Morroblivion world space.
  • Then you have a signpost to the new location pointing towards an invisible wall with no collision that teleports you to the next worldspace.
  • Even if this is in the middle of the ocean you could have a tiny miniature island for the player to land on :D
  • Alternatively you could make it so that where they land on the map marker has some sort of script on an invisible item that activates due to the player being in proximity - therefore immediately teleporting them to the right place.
  • The downside? Two sets of loading screens... but best I can come up with right now...
Ice
Ice's picture
I hate doing internet

I hate doing internet research. I still look things up when I have to, but your constant links /information saves me both time and stress. So I dig that you do web research. ;)

I hate the idea of two loading screens :(

Other than that though, I really like the idea of a transfer area. Basically so long as your within travel distance of the island, you wil automatically (after 5 seconds) telly in. I could shorten that 5 seconds to less then a second so that you just have 2 loading screens instead of pausing. (Are there negatives to making a script run faster, or is it just too many would slow the cpu?) I could also run the coordinates of places like seyda neen, balmora, vivec, etc through my script backwards: this would give me the location of those places in Tamriel. Then I could put map markers at those places in tamriel. Fast travel to the icon in tamriel and it would load you into Morroblivion. :D

Using your idea for the travel log, I could even make it so that you don't see the new map markers until you descover their place in the other world. (Aka you can't travel to Seyda Neen in tamriel until you find Seyda neen in Morroblivion).!

Sweet!

For travelling out, I could make a few 'morrowind border' map icons that are on the edge of the morroblivion map (in the telly out zone). I guess I could put the border icons on both maps...

I really like this idea, but for the two loading screens. (With all my mods and texture packs etc, I try to avoid loading screens whenever possible). But until we find away around that, I think this is the by far best solution. I'm playing through some Midas Magic right now, but later I might start working on this and see where we get to.

Good ideas HeWhoWatches!

Pages