105 posts / 0 new
Last post
ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
[FINISHED] Converting Bloodmoon Creatures

Hey guys! :) I have strted to convert the Bloodmoon creatures. For starters i have converted the big Raven. :D

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3b835kui0zgov19

I hope someone can test it and tell me if there are any problems! :)

Edited by: thermador on 06/11/2012 - 08:59
plextt
plextt's picture
It is working well!

I wish I could convert Morrowind creatures like that. May I use it as a modders resource? Was it hard for you to do? Please put more of 'em out for testing :-)

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
I am unable to test this

I am unable to test this ingame but here are some comments:

- There are problems with the text keys in your equip\unequip animations:

The equip animation has TWO "Attach" texts Key ... there should be only one. The unequip animatiuon has an "Attach" text key as well as a "Detach" text key ... unequip should only have a Detach Text key.

These bring up errors in the Construction Set and may lead to crashes when the creature tries to use them {obviously the raven can not since it does not have combat animations}

- Your skeleton.nif has raven.nif and raven.nif NonAccum as the first two bones.

Although this works but its better to have Bip01 and Bip01 NonAccum as the first two bones.  You can fix this by checking "Ignore Root Node" when you import a MW creature into 3dsmax.

- Finally , this one might not apply to the raven but will apply to future creatures:

There are usually several idle animations present in morrowind creatures ... for the base idle animation you should only use one which shows the minimum movement possible like just breathing {the rest can be used for special idles}. This is important because otherwise you will get creatures which for example keep sniffing their armpits when they are fighting you or something similar.

On a side note: Morrowind Creatures are NOT modder's resources ... they are part of Morrowind and its illegal to use them without owning a copy of morrowind ... as such its only adviseable to use them in morroblivion.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Raven

Okey thank for the update :) ill reconvert it right away. Likn will be up in a half an houre. Thanks :)

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Raven

Okey guys i have redone the Raven. Now when you add it to the TESconstruction set make sure that you make it a frendly creature not hostile. For it has no attack animation and move animation and it can make youre game crash. Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8a99wlc4woer505

Please report any bugs. :)

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Ice Minion

Here is my convertion of the Bloodmoon Ice Minion :) it should work. Can someone test it and tell me if there are any bugs? :) Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?o71dz0t9v1tio6m

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Ice Minion

Anyone tested it yet?

Vivec
Vivec's picture
Sorry my computer can't

Sorry my computer can't handle Oblivion anymore(I installed too many graphics mods)and I'm too lazy to reinstall it at the moment so I can't test it yet.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Ice Minion

Oh okey :) just post a comment when you can test it :D

Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
Ice minion, that sounds

Ice minion, that sounds interesting.

I've not played bloodmoon for many years so I have no recollection of what a Ice Minion is or what it looked like or what it is supposed to behave like...  So I'd be useless in testing this,

Might I suggest you make an esp, where you put your creature in the game where it's supposed to be and then it will be easier for people to test it. I have no idea where on Solstheim such a creature would belong, and maybe I'm not the only one.

Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
Contributor
He means Reiklings (Ice

He means Reiklings (Ice Minion is the name of the nif) ... they were present everywhere in Solstheim ;)

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Ice Minion-Reikling

Yes Ice Minions are Reiklings :) im just using the nif file name. From now on im going to post them as ther in-game name. Instead of the Frozen Giant im just going to say Karstaag. I could do and esp that adds them in game. :)

Opal-Eyed Fan
Opal-Eyed Fan's picture
Ah, Reiklings! Ok that's a

Ah, Reiklings! Ok that's a lot more familiar, bell ringing now. :-)

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
:)

yp :D can you test them?

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Karstaag

The Karstaag giant has been converted!! :)

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4zv7h0y530eq9qe

I need someone to test me. Here are some links of creatures that need to be tested: http://www.mediafire.com/?8a99wlc4woer505 (the Raven)

http://www.mediafire.com/?o71dz0t9v1tio6m (the Reikling)

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
Question

Does these creatures spawn in Solstheim? Or do i need to set them myself? If they are spawned somewhere then i would be happy to test them.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Creatures

No they dont spawn anywhere ingame. You ust need to add them to the cs. Its not hard. :)

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
Okay, i try to learn to do

Okay, i try to learn to do that and then check them out. I really have very little experience with CS, but unless i try i will never learn. So, going to read some guides from somewhere.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Cs

Let me tell you how to add them :) First you open the CS and load oblivion. The cs has 3 windows, the big one is the one that shows you the world, the seckond one shows you the items and creatres that can be added (object window) and the other one is the one that shows you the cell in witch you can go. Then when its loaded (oblivion) you need to look at your object window. Scroll up and down untill you will find the Actor. Click on it and it will open more things to chose. Now click creatures. On the right side you will se a list opening. Right click on it and sellect New. This will pop up a new window. There you type in a id. (the id wont show in game it is used to find the creature in CS) and the name. The name is the one that shows up in game. Then press the add nif file button. Find the folder in witch the creature is located (meshes). When opend you will se 2 nif files:  body and skeleton. Select the skeleton nif. Than click ok. Now open the creature in the list again (the purpos of this is that if you add the nif and than try to add the body the body wont show up) So open the creature again and now find the model list button (its right from the factions button and select the body.nif) Now under the preview window click on the full button. It will probably open a window. Just say yes for all. Then you should see the creature in the window. Click ok. Now just drag it from the list into the render window (the one that shows the world) And your redy to test it ingame . :)

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
Okay thanks for the guide. I

Okay thanks for the guide. I did check them out and i think they are great. Animations are good, they do attack and do all the stuff that creatures should do. They cannot be looted and they dont have any "Ragdoll force", but i guess that is not enabled to them yet. I gotta give you special Kudos for that Karstaag Giant, it is very cool. So, hopefully someone will eventually add your creatures to Solstheim. If you do more, i will be happy to test them and give you my opinions, now that i finaly know how to test them, thanks to you:)

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Thanks!!!

Finaly :) thanks for testing them and for the compliments. I will put out more and i will try and add havok and more will be coming out tomorow or even 1 today :)

Again thanks!

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Question

I remember rieklings riding on boars. They were called Riekling Raiders. I dont think they could ride on the obliivon boars. So, if the Morrowind Boars were converted, could the reiklings still ride on them?

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Reikling

Actualy the Raikling Raider is one creatre with the boar. No need to convert them seporatly. He is in progress but is curently been pushed assied for the Horker.

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Tusked Britstleback

Apparently the Boars are actually called Tusked Britstlebacks. And btw I would love to see Hircine converted.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Hircine

Hircine is actualy allredy done but hase some bugs so i cant post him now untill they are fixed. I will post him when i fix the bugs. :)

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Update

Here is the White Wolf converted. Im working on the rest. They will be out soon.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4a0144l3qc7ai68

Please test it and report if there are any bugs. :)

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
white wolf

Okay this one didnt work that great when i tested it. It didnt have a collision of any kind and it sometimes started "Levitating" means that he started to run upwards in sky!. At second test he runned trough the ground and vanished after it. It never tryed to attack me with anykind of attack. Its animation was not so good too, he just jumped around like a rat or a bunny. So im sorry to bring you bad news this time:(

Suggestion: Maybe Morroblivion project could use the default Oblivions Wolfs instead of a completely converted Morrowinds Wolf.

Vivec
Vivec's picture
Yeah so then all we would

Yeah so then all we would have to do is make retextures for every type of Morrowind wolf instead of converting. But btw the reason wolf didn't attack you is probably because you forgot to set it the aggression level high enough in the CS but I could be wrong so sorry if I'm wrong.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Update

Okey i think I know how to fix the problem but i will need more time for it. Again thanks for testing him out :) I will make another post tomorrow.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Update

Hey guys i have added havok to all the converted creatures. Now they are lootabile. Here is the link.

Link: www.mediafire.com/?3caa1pc1uracfem

Test them please! :)

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
I am quite busy today and

I am quite busy today and tomorrow, but i try to check those out as soon as i can. If i find time i will test them today, i will again post my opinion and suggestions,etc when i have completed testing them.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Thanks

I will post out Grahl soon. I will fix all bugs he has so he wont do anythin stupid. Thanks for your time btw! :)

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
I had time to do a quick test

I had time to do a quick test and it seems they do work fine. I didnt test them for long as i am quite busy this whole week, but i think i can make more detailed testing within few days. I will post my results here once the testing is complete.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Update

So...I havent posted new creatures for two day but now I am. I have converted 4 new creatures.

The Grahl, Hircine, Draugr, Draugr Lord (ps. when you are importing the Draugr-not the Draugr Lord- make sure to put his speed to 10 becouse than he moves to fast, and allso decrese the speed of the Grahl and Hircine to about 30-35 becouse than they move to fast)

They all have Havok.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?827y4by4h6k3j4g

Please test them and tell me if any bugs are present! :)

brutal7
brutal7's picture
Contributor
Draugr?

There are Draugr in bloodmoon ???? D: I didnt know that.

And i think by ice troll you mean  "Ufrendyke" or whatever its called

edit: Draugr Lord Aeslip...hes a unique non-hostile draugr....He might need to be changed so you can talk to him as well as Hircine.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Draugr_Lord_Aesliip

Clint
Clint's picture
Excellent work Ashlander!
Thank you for all you're doing! When the Bloodmoon creatures are included in the main esm, I'll go and add the noise effects to them, and the speech dialogue for Hircine.
ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Thnaks!! :)

I think that if a creature is hostile or not is more of a CS thing. But i will look into it nad see if anything can be done. But got 1 more question-are there any bugs? :)

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Update

Link top updated. Fixed some animations.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Ice Troll

Nah the Underkyte is a creature of its own. The Ice Troll is a Grahl :D

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Testing

Anyone tested them yet?

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
My busy days are soon over.

My busy days are soon over. So i will start testing every monster tomorrow and also post the results here tomorrow. Sorry for the wait, but i really was quite busy for these few days.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Testing

No problem :) take your time

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
Finaly tested them all.

Finaly tested them all. Animations work greatly, allthough Hircine had a hard time hitting me with his animation, but there is one big problem with Ice Troll,Draugh,Draugh Lord and Hircine. When killed they become an invisible wall that cant be passed(Hopefully understand what i mean).

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Death

Is the body still visiabile after death? I mean is there only hard to step over them? Please describe the best as possible for i have foure converted creatures done and i need to know if the havok is responsiabile for it. :) Post a in-game picture if you can.

And btw thanks for testing. :)

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
Yes the bodies are visible

Yes the bodies are visible after death. I just cant step or jump over them. Even going around them is quite hard, the invisible wall block quite a bit of area around the dead creatures.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Invisiabile wall

Good. Becouse there could be a problem with the havok. Is there such a big invisiabile wall also with the Draugr? Or is it smaller?

Seferoth
Seferoth's picture
Contributor
I could say that Draugh have

I could say that Draugh have slightly smaller invisible wall, that Ice Troll have largest one. I tested them again BTW, killed them with spells,bow and sword and tryed several locations aswell,but nothing helps. That invisible wall appears every time.

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Thanks

I know where the problem is and i think i can fix it. Thanks for your time! :)

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
hmm

Yes i found out that this is coused by the Havok. Tryed some things to fix it but it didnt work. But i guess this is not such a major bug. At least the creatures behave noram in-game. But if i find the solution i will apply it to the models. :)

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Update

I have converted 3 new creatures. One of them is the White Wolf that needed fixing. The other 2 are the Bristleback and the Reikling on the Mount. Please test them! :)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8s2ebkbg466z9h8

ashlander1
ashlander1's picture
Contributor
Update

Here is allso the converted aspect of Hircine-The Speed Aspect.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jataw531eawigl5

Pages